PDA

View Full Version : Greatest performance I've ever seen in my life..

Infamous
06-01-2007, 12:36 AM
I mean it looked inevitable..they were down seven points with about three minutes left in the game and LeBron goes Jordanesque, hell even passed that..he scores the next 29 points of the Cavaliers 30 points. He hits step back mid range jumpers, mid range jumpers in the face, three's, dunks, lay-ups, I know he missed some big free throws down the stretch but he sure as hell made up for it. Everytime it looked like Detroit was going to wrap the game up, LeBron came through. Making shots to keep them in the game, making shots to force overtime, and then of course the driving lay-up to win the game.

LeBron was a raging inferno disinegrating everything that crossed his path.

He will truly go down as the greatest player to ever play the game..

Amuseddaysleeper
06-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I mean it looked inevitable..they were down seven points with about three minutes left in the game and LeBron goes Jordanesque, hell even passed that..he scores the next 29 points of the Cavaliers 30 points. He hits step back mid range jumpers, mid range jumpers in the face, three's, dunks, lay-ups, I know he missed some big free throws down the stretch but he sure as hell made up for it. Everytime it looked like Detroit was going to wrap the game up, LeBron came through. Making shots to keep them in the game, making shots to force overtime, and then of course the driving lay-up to win the game.

LeBron was a raging inferno disinegrating everything that crossed his path.

He will truly go down as the greatest player to ever play the game..

good post until you said that

then you lost me

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I guess you weren't around 10 years ago

itzsoweezee
06-01-2007, 12:40 AM
you must be a teenager

remember mj versus the jazz in the 97 finals - the flu game ring a bell?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Nothing will ever top Isiah's performance in G6 of the 1988 NBA Finals in my mind.

The Pistons were down 56-48 early in the third quarter of Game 6 when Thomas scored the next 14 points in a variety of ways: two free throws, a 5-footer off an offensive rebound, three jumpers, a bank shot, and a layup.

Then, with a little more than four minutes to go in the period, Thomas landed on Michael Cooper's foot and had to be helped from the floor.

Despite a severely sprained ankle, Thomas returned 35 seconds later and continued the offensive assault. By the end of the quarter, he had hit 11 of 13 shots from the floor for 25 points, setting an NBA Finals record for points in a quarter.

He finished the night with a jammed left pinkie, a poked eye, a scratched face, a ballooned ankle, 43 points, 8 assists, 6 steals, and enough respect to last a lifetime.

SpursDynasty
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Tim Duncan could score 29 of his team's last 30 points if he needed to. Same for Nash, Kobe, Wade.

Tonight only exposes the fact that Cleveland is a one-man team.

Yawn.

L.I.T
06-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I thought Kobe was the greatest?

You can cue up performances from the 80's that surpassed this performance. Magic playing center? Thomas? Hell, Jordan dropping 63 on the Celtics caused Basketball Jesus to call him Daddy.

DDS4
06-01-2007, 01:04 AM
That was off the charts.

Detroit's defense (or lack thereof) helped.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Cavaliers arent a one man sided team, they're just nervous to step up in crunch time. You obviously don't know anything if you think they're a one man team, otherwise they wouldn't be this far. No stick to commenting on the Spurs stuff, whoever made that dumbass comment.

And you guys are acting like I said this is the greatest performance EVER. I said its the greatest performmance I'VE EVER SEEN. and it will DEFINITELY go down as one of the greatest performances in playoff history. And to the guy that said Duncan, Nash, Kobe, Wade, that they could all score 29 of the next 30..NO ONE could do it the same way LeBron did. They were mainly ALL jumpshots fading away, and then the desperate three driving passed Webber to the left, he would drive it in and dunk it and not be afraid to get fouled because he knew he was going to finish, that's how determined he was. HE WOULD NOT BE DENIED.

And let's not forget he's only 22..that is just insane. Not even Michael Jordan was doing this, NO ONE IN NBA HISTORY HAS DONE THIS AT THIS AGE. That's how great he is. Imagine with more experience, once he gets smarter from all the years of experience, and I'm sure he'll improve that free throw..it's pretty obvious he's going to go down as the greatest ever.

MadDog73
06-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Tim Duncan could score 29 of his team's last 30 points if he needed to. Same for Nash, Kobe, Wade.

And when exactly did that happen to any of those players in the playoffs?

Tonight only exposes the fact that Cleveland is a one-man team.

And that lessens his performance how? Detroit only had to guard one man, and they still couldn't do it.

Yawn.

You obviously didn't watch the game. Best game in 2007 so far.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Maddog, finally an unbiased Spurs fan that can give credit where its due. We need more of you.

MadDog73
06-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Maddog, finally an unbiased Spurs fan that can give credit where its due. We need more of you.

I honestly was rooting for Lebron last night... the odds were against him, it seemed the refs were against him, and he responded. Big time.

How anyone can even question his performance is beyond me.

I actually hope the Cavs pull this off so I can watch him drop 40 on the Spurs... and still lose! :p:

DarrinS
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Lebron will not get uncontested layups and dunks against the Spurs. He will either be fouled, blocked, or flopped on.

EDIT> And yes, it was an amazing performance.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Lebron will not get uncontested layups and dunks against the Spurs. He will either be fouled, blocked, or flopped on.

LeBron wasn't just getting them uncontested..he was doing them under pressure..and LeBron is going to be doing a bit of this to the Spurs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0GiPPR_pG8

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 09:44 AM
LeBron wasn't just getting them uncontested..he was doing them under pressure..and LeBron is going to be doing a bit of this to the Spurs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0GiPPR_pG8

LMAO i forgot about that....i'm sure a bunch of douchebag Spurs fans will immediately jump on that with some "that was charging!" bullshit.

DarrinS
06-01-2007, 09:48 AM
LMAO i forgot about that....i'm sure a bunch of douchebag Spurs fans will immediately jump on that with some "that was charging!" bullshit.

Looks like he tried to take a charge. Didn't work.

Spurs have improved a little bit since that game.

BacktoBasics
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Hell even Manu ran off 20 plus straight points a year or so ago. It was a great show but best ever just doesn't fit the bill.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Hell even Manu ran off 20 plus straight points a year or so ago. It was a great show but best ever just doesn't fit the bill.

You are not talking about the Hawks game in the regular season in the first quarter..right?

Manu Pacquiao
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
And let's not forget he's only 22..that is just insane. Not even Michael Jordan was doing this, NO ONE IN NBA HISTORY HAS DONE THIS AT THIS AGE. That's how great he is. Imagine with more experience, once he gets smarter from all the years of experience, and I'm sure he'll improve that free throw..it's pretty obvious he's going to go down as the greatest ever.[/QUOTE]

LeBron had a super game, and I like him a lot. But look what Magic did in the 1980 NBA finals. Playing on the road, starting at center for the injured Kareem, as well as sliding to forward and guard as the game progressed, in the close out game for the title in 1980. AS A 20 YEAR OLD ROOKIE! :downspin:

Game Stats:
42pts 15reb 7ast 3stl

Did Lebron's last game top that? I dont think so.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
And let's not forget he's only 22..that is just insane. Not even Michael Jordan was doing this, NO ONE IN NBA HISTORY HAS DONE THIS AT THIS AGE. That's how great he is. Imagine with more experience, once he gets smarter from all the years of experience, and I'm sure he'll improve that free throw..it's pretty obvious he's going to go down as the greatest ever.

LeBron had a super game, and I like him a lot. But look what Magic did in the 1980 NBA finals. Playing on the road, starting at center for the injured Kareem, as well as sliding to forward and guard as the game progressed, in the close out game for the title in 1980. AS A 20 YEAR OLD ROOKIE! :downspin:

Game Stats:
42pts 15reb 7ast 3stl

Did Lebron's last game top that? I dont think so.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about in the same manner hitting shot after shot down the stretch in the 4th and both OT's...but stat wise it was better yeah.

BacktoBasics
06-01-2007, 10:12 AM
You are not talking about the Hawks game in the regular season in the first quarter..right?No I could have sworn it was against the Lakers and Tim wasn't playing. He ended up with 40 something or 50 something that night.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Greatest performance? Clearly you've never seen Sophie's Choice. Meryl Streep is a BEAST, dawg!

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Spurs have improved a little bit since that game.

so has Lebron

TheNextGen
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
We cant give props to a team we might face. =P

But all in all..that was awesome last night

Infamous
06-01-2007, 10:27 AM
We cant give props to a team we might face. =P

But all in all..that was awesome last night

I don't know if you were serious with that statement, but you pretty much said it. all the biased Spurs fans surely can't..

SpursFanFirst
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't get all this LeBron love..."he's the greatest" "He'll go down as the greatest in history" crap.
I mean, yes, it was a great performance by him last night, but come on...let's be realistic.
His stats: 48 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals...solid, yes...but he DID play 50 minutes in 2OT, and he IS their star player that they're going to go to in crunch time.
You add that to the fact that Detroit did NOTHING to help themselves. Why Flip never tried to stop his run there is beyond me, but it was poor coaching from him all the way around.
I'm not saying LeBron isn't a good player...and I'm not saying he isn't living up to the hype...and I've certainly been impressed with the way he's handled himself throughout...all very good.

BUT COME ON! All of the comparisons to Jordan need to stop at this point. Jordan worked his whole career to come up with his reputation, and this kid walks through the door and steals his crown from the get-go? It seems like a slap in the face to Jordan, IMO.

But, back to last night...good game, and yes, his run there in the 4th + was impressive, but not nearly as impressive had Detroit not done themselves in.

OK, I'm hopping off my :soapbox: now

Infamous
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't get all this LeBron love..."he's the greatest" "He'll go down as the greatest in history" crap.
I mean, yes, it was a great performance by him last night, but come on...let's be realistic.
His stats: 48 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals...solid, yes...but he DID play 50 minutes in 2OT, and he IS their star player that they're going to go to in crunch time.
You add that to the fact that Detroit did NOTHING to help themselves. Why Flip never tried to stop his run there is beyond me, but it was poor coaching from him all the way around.
I'm not saying LeBron isn't a good player...and I'm not saying he isn't living up to the hype...and I've certainly been impressed with the way he's handled himself throughout...all very good.

BUT COME ON! All of the comparisons to Jordan need to stop at this point. Jordan worked his whole career to come up with his reputation, and this kid walks through the door and steals his crown from the get-go? It seems like a slap in the face to Jordan, IMO.

But, back to last night...good game, and yes, his run there in the 4th + was impressive, but not nearly as impressive had Detroit not done themselves in.

OK, I'm hopping off my :soapbox: now

Jordan doesn't even care anymore, he's been in the "he's better than Jordan" situation so many times. Look at D-Wade in the finals last year, people were saying Wade is better than Jordan. It happens every year in the NBA, but a performance like this is just unforgettable.

SpursFanFirst
06-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Jordan doesn't even care anymore, he's been in the "he's better than Jordan" situation so many times. Look at D-Wade in the finals last year, people were saying Wade is better than Jordan. It happens every year in the NBA, but a performance like this is just unforgettable.

I remember too many people loving Wade last year, but I don't remember them comparing him to Jordan. Apparently, I've blocked out last year's playoffs after that Manu foul. :depressed

DarrinS
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Lebron is 22 and is one game away from the finals. He has no Scottie Pippen on his team. Putting that team on his back the way he did was amazing. On every possession, the Pistons knew what was coming and they STILL couldn't stop it.

Infamous
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Lebron is 22 and is one game away from the finals. He has no Scottie Pippen on his team. Putting that team on his back the way he did was amazing. On every possession, the Pistons knew what was coming and they STILL couldn't stop it.

Perfect. Reminded me of Larry Bird when the entire Boston Garden knew it was coming it was all up for the other team to stop him.

SpursFanFirst
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
The Pistons haven't looked like themselves this whole series though...not just last night.
I'm sure that part of it was that they didn't expect a fight from the Cavs and thought they could just flip a switch when needed. Aside from that, I think losing Ben Wallace hurt them a lot more than they ever thought.
They look really bad now.
Again though, I'm not saying LeBron didn't have a good night, but I think there was more to it than just his performance.

mabber
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM

It's apparent that the Pistons (now 2 years removed from Larry Brown being their coach) have forgot what help defense means :lol No one is waiting for LeBron once he gets past the guards. Sheed & Webber would just watch LeBron dunk or get a layup and then yell at the guards for letting him get by.

PM5K
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
As good as Lebrons performance might have been, that was some of the worst defense I've ever seen, no help defenders rotated over when he got in the lane, on that last shot the guy that did rotate over did it so half heartedly that it wasn't even funny, and all he wound up doing was fouling Lebron, at other times the only guy they had to bring help defense was Lindsey Hunter, and God knows he couldn't block Lebrons shot, and he didn't even have the balls to try to take a charge.

And other players have done spectacular things as well at that age or younger, as mentioned Magic, and let's not forget Michaels 63 points against the eventual Champion Boston Celtics...

RonMexico
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
It is ONE game - doesn't make him the greatest ever.

However, this game definitely showed what he is capable of when he pull his head out of his ass and shows some competitive fire (a fire Jordan had 24/7).

It was a great performance and it certainly means ducks has to change his sig quotes for a day or two. I'm often a LeBron critic, but he impressed the hell out of me and made that a game for the ages and one I'll definitely try to catch when it shows up on NBATV/ESPN Classic.

Still, it's like calling Jordan the "best ever" in 1985 when he had the 63-point-game.... way too early to make that kind of proclaimation, but if we see LeBron get a 3-peat while limping on one leg with the stomach flu, then he can deserve it.

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
It is ONE game - doesn't make him the greatest ever.

However, this game definitely showed what he is capable of when he pull his head out of his ass and shows some competitive fire (a fire Jordan had 24/7).

It was a great performance and it certainly means ducks has to change his sig quotes for a day or two. I'm often a LeBron critic, but he impressed the hell out of me and made that a game for the ages and one I'll definitely try to catch when it shows up on NBATV/ESPN Classic.

Still, it's like calling Jordan the "best ever" in 1985 when he had the 63-point-game.... way too early to make that kind of proclaimation, but if we see LeBron get a 3-peat while limping on one leg with the stomach flu, then he can deserve it.

It's definitely still blasphemy to proclaim anybody as better than Jordan or on Jordan's level.....but after years of pretenders (most notably Kobe) we can definitely say that Lebron is the first player who could truly match or surpass Jordan. He's at the start of the path, and that path is littered with those who failed miserably (most notably Kobe), but he's the only one walking it right now, and he's doing it in spectacular fashion thus far.

RonMexico
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
It's definitely still blasphemy to proclaim anybody as better than Jordan or on Jordan's level.....but after years of pretenders (most notably Kobe) we can definitely say that Lebron is the first player who could truly match or surpass Jordan. He's at the start of the path, but he's the only one walking that path right now.

Exactly, although I still consider Harold Miner to be the first to walk in Jordan's path.

Jesus, I can't even write that with a straight face.

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Exactly, although I still consider Harold Miner to be the first to walk in Jordan's path.

Harold Miner and Billy Owens took one step in Jordan's footsteps and shit themselves in fear. :lol

mabber
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM

Ah yes, baby Jordan :lol The only thing he had in his game that remotely resembled Jordan was his hops.

RonMexico
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Just imagine if LeBron were in an actual offense and not one that consisted of "set a high-screen [insert bumbling Cavs post player here], then dribble around 'Bron until you can dunk on Tayshaun or take a double-teamed fade away 3."

101A
06-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Lebron is 22 and is one game away from the finals. He has no Scottie Pippen on his team.

Pippen's Bulls, w/o JORDAN, would win the East this year, dont'cha thiink?

mabber
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Pippen's Bulls, w/o JORDAN, would win the East this year, dont'cha thiink?

No

SpursDynasty
06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I just can't say that I'm overly impressed by LeBron's last 29 out of 30 Cleveland points. To start with, he's in the weaker Eastern Conference, his team was only 50-32 (in the weaker conference in the league), his team didn't have to play Gilbert Arenas when they played Washington in the playoffs. I mean, LeBron scoring all those points at the end only meant his team had no other choice but to pass it to him.

If he can beat the Spurs in the playoffs, then I'll be impressed. But since Cleveland won't be reaching the Finals for a few more years, that'll have to wait.

duncan228
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
... his team had no other choice but to pass it to him.

From what I saw his team didn't pass it to him. He already had it! :lol