PDA

View Full Version : Teyshaun Prince..

Infamous
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I've never seen someone shoot so damn ugly before..he's throwing up so many bricks in this series he could build a mansion. What is he shooting like 10%? Anyone got any stats for the five games on his shots attempted and shots made?

LEONARD
06-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I like the way he shriveled up on LeBron's first dunk in the last minute of the 4th...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wpYGOJVID04

MadDog73
06-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I like the way he shriveled up on LeBron's first dunk in the last minute of the 4th...

:lol

That was hilarious... "Ahh! He's coming straight at me! Somebody HEEELLLP!"

Bob Lanier
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Tayshaun Prince is the best perimeter defender in the league and a future All-Star.

Don't be hatin'.

MadDog73
06-01-2007, 11:26 AM
He's no Bruce.

JamStone
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
How has Bruce played against LeBron? Has he contested a dunk by LeBron before?

Honest question.

MajorMike
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
How has Bruce played against LeBron? Has he contested a dunk by LeBron before?

I'm pretty sure Bruce has never let Bron drop 48 including 26 (or whatever) in a row.

Seriously.... on those last 2 dunks and the GW scoop, Bron walked past Prince like he was 'The basketball player formerly know as."

Speaking of ugly, Prince is near Sam Cassell for scariest looking NBA player

J.T.
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM

Hardly. Dirk is scarier-looking than Tayshaun.

StylisticS
06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I've never seen someone shoot so damn ugly before..?
Clearly you haven't seen Shawn Marion's shot.

freedom&justice
06-01-2007, 01:20 PM
errr...might be wise to note that Tayshaun is injured, (left ankle sprain, suffered in game 3) but he's still played around 46 minutes a game in this series.

leemajors
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
i think tayshaun is a pretty good defender. lebron's size is the difference. plus, no one is stopping dude if he's hitting fadeaway threes. tayshaun was doing a pretty good job contesting his shots, he just wasn't missing.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2007, 02:44 PM
lebron's size is the difference.
Well, that, or the fact that he's quicker off the dribble than Jason Kapono.

Lateral quickness isn't exactly a specialty of Tayshaun's.

ducks
06-01-2007, 02:45 PM
bruce>>>>>>>>>prince

sleepybum
06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Meh... It's all match-ups. I doubt bruce would do much better than the injured Prince. He's one of my favorite players on another team, but you can definitely tell something isn't right with him in this series.

Typhoon
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Delfino>>>>>>>>>>>>Prince

leemajors
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, that, or the fact that he's quicker off the dribble than Jason Kapono.

Lateral quickness isn't exactly a specialty of Tayshaun's.

well, i would say he could funnel him baseline but both wallace's aren't there to protect the paint anymore.

Fillmoe
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/06.07/NBA.com%20Photo%20Gallery%20May%2031,%202007%20LeB ron%20James.jpg

Lp26
06-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Prince is injured as mentioned above, and plays 930274093274023 minutes a game ALL SEASON. He usually gets exhausted by the time the finals roll around (see against SAS), but i guess it's catching up b/c now he looks like the walking dead in the ECF.

All that being said your perimeter defender's effectiveness also has to do w/ the help, and who's at the rim.

Bruce Bowen, a fantastic defender in his own right, has Tim Duncan behind him, and you can't tell me that doesn't help him out, or the fact that SAS' team defense is outstanding. Bruce will wear you out, and when you finally get to the rim, Duncan will be standing there. What an exciting prospect for an opposing player.

Lp26
06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
well, i would say he could funnel him baseline but both wallace's aren't there to protect the paint anymore.

exactly

JamStone
06-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Bruce has never let Bron drop 48 including 26 (or whatever) in a row.

Seriously.... on those last 2 dunks and the GW scoop, Bron walked past Prince like he was 'The basketball player formerly know as."

I'm glad you just proved you weren't watching the game. On those last two dunks, Prince wasn't the main defender on LeBron. The Pistons were switching everything, and Chauncey ended up on LeBron on those plays.

As for scary or ugly looking, Mikke Moore and Michael Ruffin would like to talk to you.

peskypesky
06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Tayshaun played like he had a vagina last night. Actually, that's unfair. I'm sure there are quite a few WNBA players that would play with more balls than Prince.

I used to love the kid, but his shrinking away from Lebron is inexcusable, inury or no injury.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Yeah. His is the oddest looking shot I've ever seen in the NBA. His form and release is to jumpers what Anthony Mason's was to free throws.

Burn531
06-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Shouldn't Laker and Mav fans be discussing there off season plans?

KFRebel
06-02-2007, 05:19 AM

And you haven't seen Kevin Martin's highly effective shot.

Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prince

It's like he's breaking his hip while shooting. :dizzy

dirk4mvp
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Shouldn't Laker and Mav fans be discussing there off season plans?

:cry

MajorMike
06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
errr...might be wise to note that Tayshaun is injured, (left ankle sprain, suffered in game 3) but he's still played around 46 minutes a game in this series.

Oh, yeah, like that kept people off Tim and Manu's back last year. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

MajorMike
06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm glad you just proved you weren't watching the game. On those last two dunks, Prince wasn't the main defender on LeBron. The Pistons were switching everything, and Chauncey ended up on LeBron on those plays.

As for scary or ugly looking, Mikke Moore and Michael Ruffin would like to talk to you.

If you gonna flame, you gotta bring something better than a wet bic.

You just proved you weren't watching.

Max defended the 1st dunk. At 28 secs in the video watch Prince come with the help defense and cower like a little girl.

Prince defended the 2nd dunk. 41 seconds if you looking. Prince might have just stood and watched.

Looking farther ahead, there was the give and go from Z that Prince was left standing in the dust at 1:00.

At this point, it was obvious that Prince was so ineffective on him that Billups was put on him.

There was the step back at 1:55 that Bron drains over Prince after a screen/switch so he could get the weaker defender on him.

The scoop, Prince once again was the help d and he never even made a decent effort to change his path.

Dumbass, don't try to correct someone else when you clearly don't know what you are talking about yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YuSotJu44

01Snake
06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Someone needs to introduce Tayshaun to a gym.

itzsoweezee
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
prince is the most overrated defender in the nba (after camby). for a lockdown defender, he sure gets burned A LOT. remember last year when he was going to shut down wade? or the year before when he was going to shut ginobili down? occasional spectacular blocks do not make a great defender.

baseline bum
06-02-2007, 06:53 PM

To quote one of my friends on that play, " Tayhsuan looks like he still on the playground in Compton and about to get his ass beat by some Crips."

ducks
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
this guy has lost his confidence and is sucking worse then barry

KFRebel
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM
prince is the most overrated defender in the nba (after camby). for a lockdown defender, he sure gets burned A LOT. remember last year when he was going to shut down wade? or the year before when he was going to shut ginobili down? occasional spectacular blocks do not make a great defender.

Exactly.

hitmanyr2k
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Prince's play canceled out the suckiness of Larry Hughes. It was like they were playing "can you top this" in ineptitude. Prince won by a wide margin.

KFRebel
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Prince's play canceled out the suckiness of Larry Hughes. It was like they were playing "can you top this" in ineptitude. Prince won by a wide margin.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Just like Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson but battling out for suckiness.