PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Terraists Carrying American Arms

Nbadan
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
TEHRAN, May 31 (Reuters) - Rebels killed in clashes with Iranian forces this week had recently infiltrated border areas of the Islamic Republic carrying U.S.-made arms, an Iranian commander was quoted as saying on Thursday.

Ten rebels and seven Iranian border guards were killed in clashes in a northwestern area close to Turkey, according to Iranian media reports on Wednesday and Thursday.

"The weapons ... included M16 weapons which are being provided through channels linked to forces present in the region," General Rastegar-Panah, identified only with his last name, told state radio.

The report referred to "American-made weaponry and arms".

Tehran often accuses its old foe the United States, which invaded Iraq in 2003, of trying to undermine Iran's security by backing insurgents operating in sensitive border regions.

AlertNet (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L31710825.htm)

Does America even make it's own M-16's anymore, or have we out-sourced that too?

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this report until we see some of the weapons.

leemajors
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
shouldn't it be terra-ist?

01Snake
06-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this report until we see some of the weapons.

This is a first! :lol

gtownspur
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Does America even make it's own M-16's anymore, or have we out-sourced that too?

I foresee the next Victoria resident idiot post;

"I bet the neocons are selling them with onstar technologies over the internets, wow! unbelievable! somebody has to shit on Yoni's libberty cabbage. Rofl.

Internets,

Bukkkakes

Victoria!"

Nbadan
06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
shouldn't it be terra-ist?

Your right, that should be terra-ist.

Spreading terra....

Sportcamper
06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Anyone that has watched the "The Gunney" on Mail Call knows that the M-16 is the weapon of choice for bad guys & good guys alike...Only poorly funded pukes carry the AK-47 & its knock-offs...

http://img.consumating.com/photos/2264/large/95749.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2007, 06:53 PM

:wow I think I'm going to save this post for posterity.

johnsmith
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've believed every website you read, and this is the one that you draw the line on.

Priceless.

PixelPusher
06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
"M-16" may, in fact, refer to the old M-16s that were phased out of the Army for the newer M-4s. If that's the case, it's plausible that they were just bought from an arms dealer, no grand U.S. conspiracy required there.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2007, 12:18 AM
"M-16" may, in fact, refer to the old M-16s that were phased out of the Army for the newer M-4s. If that's the case, it's plausible that they were just bought from an arms dealer, no grand U.S. conspiracy required there.
It would also be useful tp know what version. M16, M16A1, M16A2, M16A3, AR15, etc. These weapons are simply too easy to obtain to correlate to USA support.

Duff McCartney
06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
The M-16 is garbage anyway. The AK-47 blows it away all day everyday.

whottt
06-02-2007, 01:53 AM
If you guys don't think we've been funding arms, propaganda and formenting political unrest in Iran...you're on crack.

We've been doing it extensively since the day Saddam was toppled. We were doing it before then..but we've really been doing it since...in addition to just general spying.

Told ya...long ago.

And furthermore...if you don't think Iran is funding anti-war political movements(probably more than that) in the US...you are on even more crack.

boutons_
06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Study: Soldiers Want Deadlier Guns

Military.com | By Christian Lowe | May 25, 2007

Nearly 80 percent of Soldiers said in a recent survey they are satisfied with their weapons, though almost half recommended a replacement for the standard-issued M9 pistol or ammunition with more stopping power.

Additionally, nearly 30 percent of Soldiers in the December 2006 survey, conducted on behalf of the Army by the Center for Naval Analyses, said the M4 carbine should be replaced or more deadly ammunition fielded.

"Across weapons, Soldiers have requested weapons and ammunition with more stopping power/lethality," the report said.

The study was commissioned by the Army's Project Manager for Soldier Weapons to address concerns raised by Soldiers returning from combat about the dependability and effectiveness of their small arms.

"This study assessed Soldier perspectives on the reliability and durability of their weapons systems in combat to aid in decisions regarding current and future small arms needs of the Army," said the study, which was obtained by Military.com.

CNA surveyors conducted over 2,600 interviews with Soldiers returning from combat duty, asking them a variety of questions about accessories, weapons training, maintenance and recommended changes to their small arms.

"The U.S. Army Infantry Center is conducting a study to refine the Army's Small Arms Strategy, which focuses on the employment of rifles, carbines, ammunition caliber, and future technologies," said Army spokesman, Lt. Col. William Wiggins, in a statement. "All Services are participating in this study, which is expected in the July/August 2007 timeframe."

The survey lends weight to Army claims that current-issued weapons are effective despite growing criticism from Soldiers and lawmakers on Capitol Hill that the service should re-assess the standard M4 - as well as the M9 pistol.

Alert: Tell your public officials how you feel about this issue.

In April, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) sent a letter to acting Army secretary Pete Geren taking issue with the service's sole-source contract to buy about 500,000 M4 carbines despite evidence that new rifle technologies could provide more reliable weapons.

The study found the most stoppage problems with the M249 machine gun and M9 pistol, with an average of about 30 percent of respondents saying they experienced stoppages with each weapon in firefights. About four in ten Soldiers who said they experienced jams during combat with their pistols or machine guns claimed it took them out of the fight.

Though vocal critics of the M4 say it's prone to jamming in the talcum-like sand environments of Iraq and Afghanistan, only 19 percent of M4 users said they experienced stoppages in combat.

But of those with malfunctioning M4s, nearly 20 percent said they were "unable to engage the target with that weapon during a significant portion of or the entire firefight after performing immediate or remedial action to clear the stoppage," the report said.

Soldiers who attach accessories to their weapons experienced a disproportionate number of malfunctions, with M249 users nine times more likely to experience a stoppage "if accessories were attached via zip cord, four times more likely if attached with duct tape and three times more likely if attached with dummy cords or rails."

"Accessory attachments had a significant impact on reported stoppages," the report said. "Those who attached accessories to their weapon were more likely to experience stoppages, regardless of how the accessories were attached."

The CNA surveyors also asked Soldiers for their opinions on possible improvements to their small arms. The top request from Soldiers was for more knock-down power, reigniting the debate over America's small arms caliber choices.

"When speaking to experts and Soldiers on site, many commented on the limited ability to effectively stop targets, saying that those personnel targets who were shot multiple times were still able to continue pursuit," the report said.

A full 20 percent of M9 users said they wanted a new weapon, and "some were more specific and requested a return to the Colt .45 for standard issue pistols," including others who asked for hollow-point ammo.

Hollow point rounds have been deemed illegal for military use.

Additionally, M16 users were "consistent and adamant" in asking to be re-issued the more compact M4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Fuck fail to fire issues due to jamming. A 9mm round just doesn't consistently put down a combatant that is doped up on opium and speed and all the other shit they are finding insurgents doped up on.

They need to go to the .45. I wonder what the sample population was for this claim that the M4 was sufficient. Special Forces across all military branches already carry the .45, it's got a hell of a lot more knock down power.

Oh, and thanks to the pussies at the U.N. for outlawing hollow point use. Now all they need to do is get the fundamentalists we're fighting to honor that one, and it'll be a fair fight.

xrayzebra
06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone that has watched the "The Gunney" on Mail Call knows that the M-16 is the weapon of choice for bad guys & good guys alike...Only poorly funded pukes carry the AK-47 & its knock-offs...

http://img.consumating.com/photos/2264/large/95749.jpg

I think I saw some of the bad guys buying guns at
Wal-Mart. Oh, I forgot they don't sell guns.

Never mind.

PixelPusher
06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
A full 20 percent of M9 users said they wanted a new weapon, and "some were more specific and requested a return to the Colt .45 for standard issue pistols," including others who asked for hollow-point ammo.

This has been true for a long time. Several years ago, i got a little tour of the armory for Base Security, and they had .45's, 9mm, and old .38 revolvers. They all loved their .45's the best, but they were all old and/or refurbished models from WWII. The switch to 9mm was due to our NATO alliance so that we all had interchangable ammo.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2007, 11:51 PM
For good results, you either need the mass of a .45 or the speed of the .223. The bad thing about the M16 series is they are too fast to shoot someone under the water surface. The round hits the water at such high speed, it breaks into several peices. Because of this high speed, it does serious tissue damage when it hits fleash!