PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian National Team- 2007 version

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ploto
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Here are the players being considered. Milic and Brezec are definite no's. Vujačič always backs out.

Branilci:
Sani Bečirovič (Panathinaikos)
Aleksander Ćapin (Varese)
Goran Dragić (Tau Ceramica)
Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm)
Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
Domen Lorbek (Union Olimpija)
Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
Samo Udrih (Granada)
Saša Vujačič (LA Lakers)

Krila:
Saša Dončić (Helios)
Goran Jagodnik (Anwill)
Marko Maravič (BC Kijev)
Boštjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets)

Centri:
Dragiša Drobnjak (Turow)
Goran Jurak (Climamio)
Erazem Lorbek (Roma)
Rašo Nesterović (Toronto Raptors)
Smiljan Pavič (Helios)
Hasan Rizvić (Bosna)
Uroš Slokar (Toronto Raptors)
Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA)
Marko Tušek (Unicaja Malaga)
Željko Zagorac (Ural Great)
Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)

Povabilu pa se je že odzval kapetan Radoslav Nesterović, ki je 95 dni pred začetkom prvenstva optimistično razpoložen: "Sam sem že takoj po svetovnem prvenstvu na Japonskem sprejel odločitev, da nastopim tudi na EP v Španiji. Tam nekaterih odličnih slovenskih košarkarjev ne bo, a menim, da jih zavoljo njihovih odločitev o odpovedi ne smemo obsojati. Mislim, da imamo kljub odpovedim dovolj dobre košarkarje, da v Španiji naredimo dober rezultat. Naš cilj je jasen, želimo se prebiti na olimpijske igre leta 2008."

Calendar:

21.7. - začetek priprav v Zrečah

28.7. - 2. 8. - turnir na Kitajskem (Kitajska, Angola, Nova Zelandija, Venezuela in NBA Development)

6.8. - začetek drugega dela priprav v Kranjski Gori

10.8. - 12.8. - turnir v Strasbourgu (Grčija, Srbija in Francija)

15.8. - začetek tretjega dela priprav v Portorožu

20.8. - 22.8. - turnir v Grčiji (Grčija, Litva, Italija)

24.8. - zaključni del priprav v Mariboru

1.9. - odhod na EP v Španijo (Alicante)

Eurobasket Roster (http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010706011345420)

angel_luv
06-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Whoosh- getting the party started early this year. :)

angel_luv
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I hope Beno and Samo play. That would be awesome.

For sure I want Sho, Uros, Beno, Samo. Sani. Boki, Goran Jurak, Jaka, Lorbek. Zagorac, and Zupan- basically anyone who played last year. :)

I wish Saso ,Milic and Brezec could/would play.

I am so pumped. This is the year- I can feel it! :)

velik_m
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Boki won't play.

Sasha and Smoki, i doubt it.

Jurak had a bad season, Zupan didn't play for half a season.

We're paper thin on 3, when Doncic starts to look like a good option, you know you're in trouble.

We'll have trouble putting 5 decent players out there, let alone a competitive team. I have a feeling this will be a very painful EC.

ploto
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Not a surprise. :(

Nets F Nachbar out of EuroBasket

Slovenia forward Bostjan Nachbar has decided not to play at EuroBasket 2007 and will instead focus on playing well in the last year of his contract with the New Jersey Nets.

The 26-year-old just completed one of his finest seasons in the NBA since joining the Houston Rockets as a rookie in 2002. In 2006-07, the 6-9 Nachbar played in 76 regular-season games and averaged career highs in points (9.2), field goal percentage (45.7) and rebounds (3.3).

Nachbar has been a mainstay on the Slovenian squad along with fellow NBA players Rasho Nesterovic and Primoz Brezec, and European-based stars Sani Becirovic, Jaka Lakovic and Marko Milic.

"After being included in six of the last seven groups of players that participated on the last big competitions, I only skipped playing for the national team the year I was drafted for the NBA and had to have a hernia operation," he said. "I have now decided not to accept the invitation to participate in EuroBasket 2007.

"I would like to point out that this has nothing to do with the (national team) coach Ales Pipan, who has done a lot of good things for me and my career, or any other member of the national team - as some suggest."

Instead, Nachbar said he is putting his career first.

"I have decided this way only because my contract in the NBA will expire next season," he said. "That means that the season in front of me will be the most important in my career. I cannot afford to start the season, after which I will be able to sign a new contract of up to five years, tired or unprepared."

Nachbar's absence is a blow as Slovenia are already is without two other frontcourt players in Milic and Brezec. Milic is recovering from injury while Brezec is resting this summer to prepare for next season with the Charlotte Bobcats. He reported for duty with the Charlotte last year suffering from exhaustion and ultimately missed a lot of games.

"I am very sorry to withdraw, as a European or World Championship is always a great experience for players and fans," Nachbar said.

"But I had to be fair to myself and give the advantage to my career. Now I will follow my friends through TV and I'm sure the Slovenian team still has the quality to achieve the seventh place and with that qualifications for the Olympic games."

The top two places at the EuroBasket qualify for the Beijing Olympics - other than hosts Spain, who booked their place in China by winning the FIBA World Championship. The next four places will have the opportunity to play in the additional Olympic qualifying tournament next year.

"I can confirm that I will again join the national team after this EuroBasket," Nachbar said.

No Boki (http://www.sbrforum.com/Headlines/NBA/44529.aspx)

Kamnik
06-06-2007, 03:59 AM
i dont blame for not showing up this season

1. Nets probably have one last good shot at doing something in the Playoffs next year if Krstic returns and is improved

2. He really will sign a contract of his career.

3. PIPAN SUCKS! His rotations are terrible. Boki didnt get enough playing time and some others who sucked big time were put in there game after game.

I wish Slovenia would get a better coach.

ploto
06-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I admire Rasho for giving one last summer to his national team when he knew that many of the top players probably would not play. I think Sani may not play either and Sasha won't even answer the phone.

Slomo
06-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree Pipan is ruining the NT.

Sasha has behaved like the little bitch that he is, but what is sadder it the fact that this is the impression he is creating for himself in the NBA where nobody takes him seriously anymore.

Kamnik
06-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree Pipan is ruining the NT.

Sasha has behaved like the little bitch that he is, but what is sadder it the fact that this is the impression he is creating for himself in the NBA where nobody takes him seriously anymore.

Agreed.

I am basicly disapointed and frustrated when i watch our NT most of the times.

I would kill for a good coach.

In the NBA it kind of hurts me because Nesterovic, Brezec and Udrih are basicly done. (they will never be playoff players)

And Sasha is a little bitch who i cant really root for.

If Boki gets hurt i just have the Spurs left. :lol

Do you guys think Slokar could get a role and playing time somehwere in this league?

ploto
06-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Angel- thought you would like to know that Sašo Ožbolt had surgery this week- third knee surgery I believe- so he is out at least 6 months.

Matjaž Smodiš has met with the coach but has not made his final decision. I think a couple of these guys want permisison to skip part of the national team training.

angel_luv
06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for telling me Ploto. I am glad to know.

Don Quixote
06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I have heard women from Slovenia are hot. Is this true?

Kamnik
06-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I have heard women from Slovenia are hot. Is this true?

yes

basicly all southern Europe and Balkans have lots of hot women if you ask me

basicly only butt ugly women in Europe are in UK and Ireland if you ask me (sry if im ofending anyone but it is my honest opinion/experience :lol )

Slomo
06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
yes

basicly all southern Europe and Balkans have lots of hot women if you ask me

basicly only butt ugly women in Europe are in UK and Ireland if you ask me (sry if im ofending anyone but it is my honest opinion/experience :lol )You are young and need to learn some more. I have some very fond memories of English girls I used to know (it's OK I was a boy at the time).

Good times :)

The country that has given us Christy Turlington should never be labeled as the land of the butt ugly women...

Kamnik
06-10-2007, 09:19 PM
You are young and need to learn some more. I have some very fond memories of English girls I used to know (it's OK I was a boy at the time).

Good times :)

The country that has given us Christy Turlington should never be labeled as the land of the butt ugly women...

there is an exception to every rule :lol

Bruno
06-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Beno is out too.

TDMVPDPOY
06-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Beno is out too.

gay clubbin

lance

Bruno
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
gay clubbin

lance

:rolleyes

Bruno
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
BTW, a french article saying that Beno won't play for Slovenia this summer :

LA SLOVÉNIE SANS UDRIH. –
Tony Parker ne devrait pas trouver sur sa route ŕ l’Euro son coéquipier Beno Udrih. En effet, le meneur slovčne, qui a encore un an de contrat avec les Spurs, a confirmé qu’il n’avait pas l’intention de rejoindre la sélection placée dans le groupe de la France au premier tour. Ceforfait fait suite ŕ celui d’autres vedettes slovčnes (Nachbar, Brezec, Milic) et affaiblit plus encore une équipe toujours en quęte d’un résultat international marquant.

I don't translate it because it just says that Beno don't want to play for the NT this summer.

ploto
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Beno is the one guy who needs to play-- he has had such little game time in 2 seasons.

angel_luv
06-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Come on people. Play! :)

Kamnik
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=34340

Smodiš coming back!!!!!

YEAH!

Now this team has a real player and a leader.

He is in my opinion the best Slovene player out there.

I hope he goes to the NBA some day!

ata
06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't get ove-rexited!
He did it before, than getting "hurt" during the camp...
I would really like to see him play and perform on top level, though.

angel_luv
06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea, Smodiš !

ploto
06-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Here's the team of 15.

C: Radoslav Nesterovič, Erazem Lorbek
PF: Matjaž Smodiš, Uroš Slokar, Gašper Vidmar, Željko Zagorac
SF: Goran Jagodnik, Domen Lorbek, Emir Preldžič
SG: Sani Bečirovič, Samo Udrih, Jaka Klobučar
PG: Jaka Lakovič, Goran Dragič, Aleksandar Čapin

No Beno (http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010706221129430)

angel_luv
06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Several familiar names on the team. It will be neat to see Samo play and even more so to see what this team will accomplish.

angel_luv
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I wonder why B isn't playing?

ploto
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Several familiar names on the team. It will be neat to see Samo play and even more so to see what this team will accomplish.
Hopefully Samo will play. He had ankle surgery.

Kamnik
06-22-2007, 04:05 PM
i officially hate Sasha Vujacic

piece of shit

anyways.... i think we still have a decent team (too bad Boki isnt here)

my strting five would be:

-Lorbek
-Smodis
-Lorbek
-Becirovic
-Lakovic

(quite a small lineup)

Pero
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Samo won't get on the team. And as far as I remember, he's a PG. Looks like the weakest team in a while, we just might just win it all, since previous "good" teams didn't do so well. :lol:

Pero
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh and why isn't Vujacic playing? If its's not because of an injury he really is just a litlle bitch and I don't know if I'd call him again to play for the team even if he transforms into Jordan next season.

angel_luv
06-22-2007, 06:07 PM
The Slovenian posters are back posting again. Yea! Good times. Hi guys.

angel_luv
06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
my strting five would be:

-Lorbek
-Smodis
-Lorbek
-Becirovic
-Lakovic

Small ball! :lol

ploto
06-22-2007, 10:29 PM
My only hope is that the roles will be much clearer with players who should play more and those who are more gaining experience. I got the impression the last couple of years that the coach worried about spreading minutes to too many guys.

Oh, and Rasho will start.

Kamnik
06-23-2007, 01:02 AM
My only hope is that the roles will be much clearer with players who should play more and those who are more gaining experience. I got the impression the last couple of years that the coach worried about spreading minutes to too many guys.

Oh, and Rasho will start.

he will.... but i would rather see big minutes from Smodis, Lorbek and Smodis at big positions

@Angel: Smodis and lorbek are 6-9 and 6-10

velik_m
06-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Stop kidding yourself. Our starting 5 will be Rasho, Slokar, Smodis, Becirovic and Lakovic.
And they'll play around 40min per game.
Also how does this selection affects our U-20 team? Vidmar, Klobucar, Preldzic?

Beno Udrih
06-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Don't worry guys, the NT is in good hands with me at pg.

Beno Udrih
06-23-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm the Slovenian version of Michael Jordan.

Beno Udrih
06-23-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm the Slovenian version of Michael Jordan.
BOOK IT!

Beno Udrih
06-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Hey ploto I'm curious, you know so much of Slovenia. Do you have any Slovenian in you?

Beno Udrih
06-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Hey ploto I'm curious, you know so much of Slovenia. Do you have any Slovenian in you?
:eyebrows Would you like some?

Kamnik
06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I hope Kori bans you

anyways.. when does EURO start?

ploto
06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
You have no idea how funny that actually is... :toast

angel_luv
06-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Behave " Beno".

:lol

zeleni
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
This NT is unbelievable.

velik_m
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Eh, it's not that bad. We were thin at the wings as soon as Nachbar said he won't play and Milic injured himself. Other cancelations don't really hurt as that much.

zeleni
06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
SF: Goran Jagodnik, Domen Lorbek, Emir Preldžič

I think this is such an important part to question.

Domen Lorbek wasn't really good this season. Goran Jagodnik forces his shots even in Poland. Emir Preldžič will not make a lot of difference. So who can make something of himself? None of them are star defenders or am I mistaken?

ashbeeigh
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I love the part where Beno didn't even read where he's not playing this summer.

velik_m
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
The european U-20 (division A) in Nova Gorica(Slovenia)/Gorizia(Italy) has started today. Our U-20 team with several members invited to senior team to play in Spain will be gunning for a medal on the home ground. Sadly without promised TV coverage, not even over internet :(

homepage: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp

slovenian: http://www.basket-u20.eu

Our team:

4 Rok Perko PG 1.80 16.01.1987 Ljubljana (SLO)
5 Emir Preldzic SF 2.04 06.09.1987 Zenica (BIH)
6 Aljosa Kristo SG 1.91 10.07.1987 Ljubljana (SLO)
7 Jan Mocnik PG 1.76 27.03.1987 Nova Gorica (SLO)
8 Jaka Klobucar SG 1.94 19.08.1987 Novo Mesto (SLO)
9 Dejan Mlakar SG 1.91 25.01.1988 Ljubljana (SLO)
10 Klemen Lorbek SG 1.98 26.06.1988 Kranj (SLO)
11 Drago Brcina PF 2.05 16.06.1987 Slovenj Gradec (SLO)
12 Tadej Kostomaj G 1.87 03.01.1987 Celje (SLO)
13 Matej Krusic C 2.10 07.05.1987 Cerje (SLO)
14 Dejan Cigoja PF 2.02 27.09.1988 Ljubljana (SLO)
15 Gasper Vidmar C 2.08 14.09.1987 Ljubljana (SLO)

velik_m
07-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Group A: Slovenia Outgun Champs Serbia // 06 July 2007

Jan Mocnik's free throws with 6.4 seconds saved a near meltdown by the co-hosts Slovenia, who beat rivals and defending champions Serbia 80-78 in their opening Group A match at the U20 European Championship Men on Friday.

Serbia had a chance to win the game but Nikola Dragovic's potential game-winning three-point attempt from the left wing drew the front iron.

"It was a tough game but we won, and that was our plan. In the end we lost a bit of concentration but it didn't matter. We won and that's most important," said Slovenia's Jaka Klobucar, who led all scorers with 22 points.

"Now we can push for our plan, which is to reach the semi-finals."

On Mocnik's big free throws, Klobucar said: "He's great and has great concentration. I knew he would make them."

Mocnik, however, had missed one of two with 20 seconds left to give Serbia a chance to finish off their comeback against the 2006 bronze medallists in Izmir.

The game was a real battle from the start with the teams going back and forth throughout the first half. Slovenia made four three-pointers in the first quarter in pulling ahead 19-16.

Serbia pulled ahead 30-27 with 4:52 to go in the first half, but Slovenia tightened the defence and and outscored them 12-0 to go into the locker-room ahead 39-30.

Dragovic buried two three-pointers as Vlada Vukoicic's team fought to within a basket at 46-44 with 5:30 in the third. But Slovenia again finished strong with a 13-7 run for a 59-51 advantage after three quarters.

Slovenia were ahead 12 points - 71-59 - with four minutes left only to see Serbia made a final push. Dragan Labovic to had a three-point play and two foul shots to cut the deficit to six - 71-65 - with 2:19 to play.

After Mocnik hit four straight free thows to up the lead to 77-69 with 1:12 to play, Dragovic hit a three-pointer and Marko Djurkovic scored after a steal of the in-bounds pass to make it a 77-74 game.

Preldzic turned over the ball and Labovic hit an inside layup for a one-point game with 23 seconds left. After Mocnik made one of two, Slovenia sent Milos Teodosic to the line with 8.1 seconds left, and the play-maker made both to even the game at 78-78.

Gasper Vidmar scored 17 points and Preldzic added 15 and Mocnik had 12 points and six assists.
Teodosic scored 21 points and had six rebounds and six assists while Labovic had 19 points and Dragovic added 18 in a losing cause.

France were playing Hungary in the second Group A match of the day.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={DEBF65CF-4D68-4F59-9165-3E8936CEE19A}&articleMode=on

stats from first game: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5499&teamID=&gameID=5500-A-1-1&

velik_m
07-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Day 2 win number 2, this time agianst the french...

Group A: Slovenia Outsmart France // 07 July 2007

For the second straight day, Jan Mocnik made two late free throws to lead co-hosts Slovenia to a victory at the U20 European Championship Men, this time beating France 84-78 on Saturday to remain perfect at 2-0 in Group A.

Mocnik made two free throws with 12 seconds remaining to give Slovenia an 82-78 lead just a day after his two foul shots with 6.4 seconds brought victory against reigning champions Serbia.

"He was quiet in himself and he made the shots for the second straight game. But one game he can win, another someone else can win for us," said Slovenia coach Miro Alilovic of Mocnik.

"But today we won with good defence in the second half - our zone defence. That decided the game."

Slovenia frustrated France's outside shooters, allowing them to make just two of 22 three-pointers. Alilovic's defence also limited the French to just seven assists for the game while getting to the charity line much more often, 26-of-38 to 18-of-23 for the French.

"This is a big success for Slovenian basketball. Before the European Championship we had the aim of going into the Qualifying Round with only one loss, so we've already achieved our goal," Alilovic added.

Dejan Mlakar led five Slovenia players in double figures scoring with 18 points. Mocnik had 17 points while Gasper Vidmar added 14, Jaka Klobucar 12 and Matej Krusic chipped in 10 off the bench.

The French were led by 20 points from Cheikh Ibrahima Koma with Aurelien Salmon scoring 12 and Aldo Curti and Martin Le Pellec each hitting for 10.

The teams were even throughout the first half, with Slovenia ahead 21-17 after one period and 41-40 at half-time. The co-hosts began pulling away in the third period, opening a nine-point lead 64-53 after three quarters.

Mocnik's lay-up with 6:12 made it 70-59 for the biggest lead of the game. The French found their way back into the game with Salmon hitting a three-pointer with 38 seconds left and Nando De Colo's three foul shots with 21 seconds to make it 80-78.

That set up Mocnik's heroics and Aaron Cel missed a three-point attempt with five seconds left and Mlakar finished the game with a lay-up at the buzzer.

The French are now 1-1 ahead of their Sunday showdown with Serbia, who were playing Hungary in the late game in Group A. Slovenia play against Hungary on Sunday.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={1E9336BE-38A4-4B08-8342-BDD3EDFE6ED1}&articleMode=on

stats: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5500&teamID=&gameID=5500-A-4-2&

ploto
07-07-2007, 04:24 PM
This tournament has led me to learn the very interesting history of these two cities- which from what I can gather are across the border from one another in Slovenia and Italy.

velik_m
07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
There's not much history. After ww2, Gorizia (or Gorica for Slovenians) stayed under Italy, so Slovenians decided to build a new (nova) one.

velik_m
07-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Slovenia Use Event to Work Out Future Stars // 08 July 2007

Slovenian youth coaches used the U20 European Championship Men competition to work out some of the country's future stars with the 31st annual Slovenia national team camp which drew to a close on Saturday in Nova Gorica.

Some 180 players between the ages of 13 and 17 took part in the seven day event, which was capped off with an All-Star game featuring the best 18 1993-born players at the camp, 12 of whom will then be selected to represent Slovenia at a tournament later this summer.

"The goal is so that the children can learn to love the game and learn about it and meet new friends," said Matic Vidic, who is one of the 30 coaches on hand.

Vidic served as Slovenia's coach at the 2006 UMCOR U18 European Championship as well as head coach of the U16 team in 2004.

He also helped the Slovenians to the 2000 U20 European Championship crown in FYROM on the team that included Sani Becirovic, Bostjan Nachbar and Smiljan Pavic and beat Israel 66-65 in the final.

The current Skofja Loka first division club coach Vidic said he could see 10 or 12 of the 180 players who could eventually advance to Slovenian senior national team, given expected development at the club level and staying injury-free.

"This is a chance to watch for them for the future and see who they develop over the next couple of years," Vidic said.

This is the largest number of participating players - some of whom are from Italy and Croatia - in the history of the event.

And the youngsters had their future idols directly in front of them, as they dribbled around cut-outs of players such as national team stars Jaka Lakovic, Radoslav Nestorvic and Becirovic during the skills competition.

Besides the skills event, the players also competed for prizes including mobile phones, basketballs and t-shirts in a three-on-three tournament as well as three-point and free throw competitions. The players practiced three times a day during the camp for seven hours on the court.

As a further highlight, nearly all of the 180 players were in attendance for Slovenia's game Saturday evening against France.

Pero
07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Third win for Slovenia... 3-0 :)

velik_m
07-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Group A: Slovenia Top, Serbia Take Second From France // 08 July 2007

Dragan Labovic and Milos Teodosic combined for 50 points as reigning champions Serbia outlasted a resilent France side 96-81 on Sunday, securing second place in Group A of the U20 European Championship Men.

The game was closer than the final score indicated. France were trailing just 81-76 with 2:27 remaining but Serbia used a 12-2 late run to pull away.

Vlada Vukoicic's Serbs, who finished Group A with a 2-1 record, led by 16 points - 68-52 - with 2:46 in the third before the French went on a 21-7 run to play within 75-73 on Judith Marc's dunk with 4:58 left in the game.

Nikola Dragovic sandwiched three-pointers around an Aurelien Salmon free throw for an 81-74 bulge with 3:27 to play.

That was Dragovic's strongest phase of the game, but it was Labovic and Teodosic who controlled much of the game for Serbia. Each scored 12 points in leading the Serbs to a 26-20 first quarter lead.

Labovic finished the first half with 23 points and Teodosic had 17 points and five assists with Serbia going to the locker-room with a 50-44 advantage. Nando De Colo did everything he could against the Serb attack, scoring 22 of his 31 points in the first half.

The start of the second half belonged to Serbia, who saw Dragovic and Vladimir Stamic combine for 12 straight Serbian points in a 14-2 run out of the break - and a 64-48 lead.
Aaron Cel scored seven of his eight points in the French push spanning the third and fourth quarters.

But Cel and Aldo Curti both missed three-pointers in the final 1:14 of the game, allowing the Serbs to eventually pull away for good down the stretch.

Labovic ended with 31 points and six rebounds while Teodosic had 19 points and 10 assists for Serbia. Dragovic chipped in 15 and Marko Djurkovic had 14 points and nine rebounds.

Marc added 11 points for the French, who finished 1-2 for third place in the group.

Serbia and France will be joined in the Qualifying Round by co-hosts Slovenia.

The co-hosts Slovenia finished off their Group A stage undefeated in three games after a comfortable 69-56 victory over Hungary.

The game was played in the Italian co-hosting city Gorizia while the Italians played on Sunday in Nova Gorica in Slovenia.

Gasper Vidmar led the way for Slovenia with 19 points and nine rebounds while Emir Preldzic added 15 points.

Hungary, who were led by 14 points from Kornel Kiss, lost all three games in their group and face relegation to Division B in the Classification Games.

Slovenia led 21-17 after 10 minutes and 37-24 at half-time. The co-hosts turned up the offensive machine in the third period, leading 62-38 going into the fourth.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={4904EFB0-829B-4699-AC79-09102B98947A}&articleMode=on

stats: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5500&teamID=&gameID=5500-A-6-3&

Kamnik
07-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Slovenia Use Event to Work Out Future Stars // 08 July 2007

Slovenian youth coaches used the U20 European Championship Men competition to work out some of the country's future stars with the 31st annual Slovenia national team camp which drew to a close on Saturday in Nova Gorica.

Some 180 players between the ages of 13 and 17 took part in the seven day event, which was capped off with an All-Star game featuring the best 18 1993-born players at the camp, 12 of whom will then be selected to represent Slovenia at a tournament later this summer.

"The goal is so that the children can learn to love the game and learn about it and meet new friends," said Matic Vidic, who is one of the 30 coaches on hand.

Vidic served as Slovenia's coach at the 2006 UMCOR U18 European Championship as well as head coach of the U16 team in 2004.

He also helped the Slovenians to the 2000 U20 European Championship crown in FYROM on the team that included Sani Becirovic, Bostjan Nachbar and Smiljan Pavic and beat Israel 66-65 in the final.

The current Skofja Loka first division club coach Vidic said he could see 10 or 12 of the 180 players who could eventually advance to Slovenian senior national team, given expected development at the club level and staying injury-free.

"This is a chance to watch for them for the future and see who they develop over the next couple of years," Vidic said.

This is the largest number of participating players - some of whom are from Italy and Croatia - in the history of the event.

And the youngsters had their future idols directly in front of them, as they dribbled around cut-outs of players such as national team stars Jaka Lakovic, Radoslav Nestorvic and Becirovic during the skills competition.

Besides the skills event, the players also competed for prizes including mobile phones, basketballs and t-shirts in a three-on-three tournament as well as three-point and free throw competitions. The players practiced three times a day during the camp for seven hours on the court.

As a further highlight, nearly all of the 180 players were in attendance for Slovenia's game Saturday evening against France.

AWSOME! :clap

this is how this 2 million nation will stay near the top of the NT and club basketball in the future

as many things are shitty and unorganised.... young player development rocks here

respect to the "stars" that showed up for the young ballas

Pero
07-08-2007, 07:59 PM
You`re a bit too optimistic I think...

angel_luv
07-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Wow- Good job Slovenia.

My computer has been giving me all sorts of problems :pctoss, thus the late props.
I am borrowing the comp at my work now- home internet is still down.

Anyway. go team! :) Hi all. :) I'll be back.... eventually.

angel_luv
07-09-2007, 06:33 PM
And happy belated birthday, Beno! :)

On the actual day, I left him a message on his my space but forgot to make him a thread here. :oops Sorry B!

velik_m
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Slovenia 96 - 84 Lithuania

angel_luv
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
:clap

velik_m
07-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Slovenia Better Lithuania To Go 3-0 // 10 July 2007

Gasper Vidmar and Dejan Mlakar combined for 43 points to lead co-hosts Slovenia to a comfortable 96-84 victory over Lithuania on Tuesday to remain undefeated in Group E of the U20 European Championship Men.

Vidmar's 22 points and Mlakar's 21 led five Slovenians in double figures while Jan Mocnik added 18 points and 10 assists.

The 2004 champions were never really threatened after falling behind early 7-0 in front of the home fans in Nova Gorica.

Miro Alilovic's team, who improved to 3-0 in the group, led 27-19 after the first period and 52-45 at half-time.

Lithuanian Vilmantas Dilys converted a three-point play to cut the deficit to 64-60 with four minutes to play in the third, but Slovenia pushed the lead back up to 12 points (74-62) and were ahead 74-66 going into the fourth.

Paulius Ivanauskas drained a three-pointer for a five-point game early in the fourth (76-71) only to watch the Slovenians again pull away with a 12-3 run for an 88-74 lead with 3:17 to play.

Lithuania, who were paced by 21 points and five assists from Ivanauskas, would not get closer to than eight points the rest of the way.

Linas Salkus's team dropped to 0-3 and they cannot reach Saturday's semi-finals. They next face France on Wednesday.

Slovenia face Turkey on Wednesday, knowing a victory could secure their spot in the semis.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={A8F89CE8-8772-4B65-8CC7-EEB8BA5C543E}&articleMode=on

stats: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5499&teamID=&gameID=5501-E-2-1&

Pero
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Another win. 82-74 again Turkey. 5 wins, and still not in the semi finals. We have to beat Russia, or lose for no more than 3 points (not sure why). Both hard.

velik_m
07-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Slovenia Tame Fighting Turkey // 11 July 2007

A balanced Slovenia remained undefeated at the U20 European Championship Men with an 82-74 victory over Turkey on Wednesday, keeping alive their excellent chances of advancing to the semi-finals.

Five Slovenians scored in double figures, led by 18 points from Jaka Klobucar while Jan Mocnik added 12 points and seven assists for the leaders of Group E.

Miro Alilovic's team improved to 4-0 in the group and 5-0 overall in the championship.

The 2000 and 2004 title-holders Slovenia face Russia on Thursday knowing they can afford a loss by three points against the Russians and still reach Saturday's semis.

Emir Preldzic scored 16 points for Slovenia, Dejan Mlakar added 14 and Gasper Vidmar chipped in 10.

Turkey play-maker Mehmet Yagmur led all scorers with 22 points while adding six rebounds and five assists. But his 11 turnovers were one more than the entire Slovenian team committed in the game.

Onat Akis added 14 points for Turkey, who dropped to 1-3 in the group and will face France on Thursday to determine who finishes in fourth place in the group.

Slovenia led 18-14 after one period and 40-36 at half-time. Yagmur continually fought his way into the lane and helped Turkey pull ahead 58-55 going into the fourth quarter.

Slovenia were only ahead 70-67 with three minutes to play, but Mlakar drained a three-pointer and Preldzic hit a running hook to open a 75-67 lead.

And Mocnik iced the game with four free throws in the fainl 24 seconds.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={0D02D51F-A666-4BFC-8107-56B3A11934EF}&articleMode=on

stats: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5499&teamID=&gameID=5501-E-5-2&

velik_m
07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Local Hero Mocnik Enjoying The Spotlight // 12 July 2007

Slovenian fans giving their national team the extra push at the U20 European Championship Men at Nova Gorica may be cheering just a bit louder for Jan Mocnik.

Not only has the play-maker secured three victories with big free throws down the stretch, but Mocnik is also a local guy flourishing in the international spotlight.

Mocnik's free throws with 10 seconds gave Slovenia an 80-78 win over reigning champions Serbia in their opening game.

A day later, the 20-year-old extended a lead to four points with two free throws with 11 seconds to play, securing Slovenia an 84-78 success of France.

And in Slovenia's last two victories over Lithuania and Turkey, Mocnik has collected 18 points and 10 assists and 12 points and seven assists, respectively. Against the Turks, he also drained four free throws in the final 52 seconds.

Mocnik is slowly gaining a reputation for stepping up big time in clutch situations.

"He took the experience from the first game and turned it into confidence and you see that now. But he is a player who likes to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game," said a Slovenian team official about Mocnik.

The 1.76m guard himself says it's just a matter of hard work - that he really doesn't have ice running through his veins.

"This is because of good preparation - mentally and physically. Of course it's a lot of practice too," Mocnik said.

"I just want to give the team as much as I can. Making big plays is the only way to make success, and this is the plan for the following games too."

He has averaged 13.2 points, 6.8 assists and 1.6 rebounds while making 77 percent of his free throws in Slovenia's first five games of the Championship.

For Mocnik, it's just special performing for the Slovenian fans after four years of being away from the national team, saying: "It's a nice feeling with the fans who are really our sixth man on the court. It's great they're coming out in such big numbers."

And it's all the more meaningful for Mocnik that the games are being played in Nova Gorica since he is from the nearby small village Sempeter Pri Gorici.

"My friends are here, and that is a great feeling and motivates me to play as well as possible.

And they really have a big influence in my success here," added Mocnik, who even plays his club games with second division side Nova Gorica at the OS Milojke Strukelj arena.

But he doesn't yet want to think about leading Slovenia to their third U20 gold medal after titles in 2000 and 2004.

"It would be a really great success for all of us. But we can only go step by step and not think too far," he said.

Mocnik did, however, say he wouldn't mind it at all if his U20 showing helped him land a job with a bigger club.

"My wish is to improve myself and maybe go to a bigger club at the highest level," said Mocnik, who before last season played three years with 1A club Kraski Zidar Sezana - all three campaigns with his 24-year-old brother Rok.

"But I get so much pleasure from basketball and the future will decide itself."

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={8C50182C-C830-4A2F-89EA-7B26E4ED73B3}&articleMode=on

velik_m
07-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Another win. 82-74 again Turkey. 5 wins, and still not in the semi finals. We have to beat Russia, or lose for no more than 3 points (not sure why). Both hard.

Serbia beat Russia, so there is a possible 3-way tie if Russia beats Slovenia and Serbia wins. Only two teams go to semis from each of the two groups (Italy and spain will go from the other).

Pero
07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
We lost... But this is kind of BS system. There should be quarter-finals.

Pero
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh and what was Vilfan talking about Sani thinking of not playing for the NT? We are weak at SF and SG, and now we`ll be even weaker at shooting guard. If this happens I think Dragic and Capin make it. Samo Udrih isn`t better than them.
So if Sani out, S. Udrih our, there`s only one player to leave at home. It`s either Vidmar or Zagorac. My guess is it`s Zagorac.

velik_m
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
:pctoss

poor coaching, poor substitution pattern.

why can't our teams get a coach that is actually capable of geting the best out of them?

fuck Sesok.

angel_luv
07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
So was the first lost on Friday the 13th? Can't tell from your post times. :)

Pero
07-13-2007, 06:33 PM
No, it was on Thursday.

angel_luv
07-13-2007, 06:39 PM
No, it was on Thursday.

:lol Well I tried. :)

velik_m
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Russia Break Slovenia Hearts // 12 July 2007

There will not be a semi-final or final between the co-hosts Italy and Slovenia after Russia knocked off the Slovenians 63-55 to book their spot in Saturday's semi-finals of the U20 European Championship Men.

Russia's defence held Slovenia scoreless over the final five possessions and forced 23 turnovers in the game while Petr Gubanov provided a crucial offensive spark off the bench for the victory in the final game in Group E.

Russia finished second in the group with a 4-1 record and could have overtaken 4-1 Serbia on goal difference had Artur Urazmanov made a three-pointer in the waning seconds instead of dribbling out the clock.

Andrey Maltsev's Russian side will now face Spain in Saturday's semi-finals with Serbia taking on Italy in the other.

Slovenia picked the worst time to suffer their first defeat of the tournament after five straight victories as 19 points by Emir Preldzic and 12 points and 14 rebounds by Gasper Vidmar were not enough.

Russia started strong in the game and built up an 8-2 lead in the first three minutes. Maltsev's troops started lighting it up from the outside with four three-pointers in grabbing an 18-12 lead.
Gubanov rattled off six straight points in bringing Russia to within 20-18 after one period.

Russia's offensive struggles continued in the second quarter with just one basket over the next eight possessions, watching Slovenia push their advantage to 30-20 midway through the second on Preldzic's three-pointer.

Alexey Shved answered with back-to-back three-pointers and long range bombs from Maxim Sheleketo and Andrey Vorontsevich at the buzzer put Russia ahead 33-32 at the break.

After a combined 24 turnovers in the first half, both teams took better care of the ball and neither team could open a cushion with both teams leading by four points as the quarter ended with Russia ahead 51-47.

Vorontsevich put back an offensive rebound with 2:02 left to give Russia a 60-55 lead.

With 50 seconds remaining, Maxim Krivosheev blocked Mlakar's lay-up attempt and Shved was sent to the free throw line with 21 seconds left.

Shved made one and Vorontsevich rebounded the second miss, with Slovenia again sending Shved to the charity stripe. This time, he made both shots to push the lead to 63-55 with 14 seconds left.

Pavel Sergeev blocked Jan Mocnik's three-point attempt with six seconds remaining, and Urazmanov dribbled out the clock without knowing that another basket would have given Russia the better goal average over Serbia.

A crying Urazmanov had to be consoled by his coach after the final mistake.

Gubanov led Russia with 12 points while Shved and Vorontsevich each scored 11 points.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={71BF61A5-8FAB-4A2F-8429-746F8AB44964}&articleMode=on

stats: http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={3E00A2C0-841C-4CE2-A80B-9CE58276966C}&pageID={99F1C37F-F714-4FBE-A557-F44760EF3B9F}&compID={792A6AB7-C6A6-434B-BEA5-9BF1BC619DB4}&season=2007&roundID=5499&teamID=&gameID=5501-E-9-3&

---------------------------
The sad part is this could be our only loss of the tournament and we won't even win a medal. :(

Pero
07-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Russia started strong in the game and built up an 8-2 lead in the first three minutes. Maltsev's troops started lighting it up from the outside with four three-pointers in grabbing an 18-12 lead.
Gubanov rattled off six straight points in bringing Russia to within 20-18 after one period.

This makes no sense. :lol

ploto
07-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh and what was Vilfan talking about Sani thinking of not playing for the NT?
It's confirmed- no Sani.

I am still waiting to be sure Uros will play as he has no contract.

Pero
07-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah.. Crap.

velik_m
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
It's confirmed- no Sani.

I am still waiting to be sure Uros will play as he has no contract.

Eh, i would much rather have Jaka taking the final shot anyhow. You live by the Sani, you die by the Sani. Still he will be missed. Oh and if somehow Cebular makes the team, i will be super pissed. I don't know what anyone sees in him. He got owned in the ŠKL finals - enough said.

velik_m
07-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Bulgaria No Match For Slovenia // 14 July 2007

Slovenia brushed aside their disappointment of not reaching the semi-finals of the U20 European Championship Men and advanced to the game for fifth place with a 79-59 victory over Bulgaria.

Gasper Vidmar scored 23 points and Emir Preldzic had 20 while Matej Krusic chipped in 14 points off the bench for the co-hosts Slovenia, who will play Israel on Sunday for fifth place.

Chavdar Kostov paced Bulgaria with 20 points while Ivan Lilov scored 17 points.

Slovenia opened a 12-4 lead, but Ivan Lilov and Kostov both drained three-pointers in pulling Bulgaria ahead 14-13. Ivan Chokalov's team were up 20-17 late in the first quarter until Preldzic's three-pointer tied the game - 20-20 - after one period.

It was still tied 22-22 when the Bulgarian offense went ice cold, missing 10 of their final 11 shots in the second quarter to fall behind 38-27 at the break.

Slovenia coach Miro Alilovic regularly rotated his players but still pulled away in the third quarter, opening a game-high 24 point lead late in the period - 66-42.

Bulgaria, who will face Turkey for seventh place, could only get to within 17 points the rest of the way.

ploto
07-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Eh, i would much rather have Jaka taking the final shot anyhow. You live by the Sani, you die by the Sani. Still he will be missed. Oh and if somehow Cebular makes the team, i will be super pissed. I don't know what anyone sees in him. He got owned in the ŠKL finals - enough said.
Does this mean Samo actually has a chance of making the team?

Pero
07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I would rather take Capin, Dragic or Klobucar over him. But without Sani who knows...

Pero
07-15-2007, 12:05 PM
And BTW we beat Israel for 5th place 90:81 after trailing for 20 points in the third quarter.
But really a BS system. We won more times than Russians or Italians who got the bronze. :lol:

velik_m
07-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Samo had a good season this year.

angel_luv
07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Sad news about Sani- so many of my favorites unable to make it this year. :(

Congrats on fifth place. That elimination system is brutal though, for the reason you stated Pero.

angel_luv
07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
I hope Samo makes the team. I have never seen him play before.

velik_m
07-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I hope Samo makes the team. I have never seen him play before.

And i really hope that's not the criteria that our staff uses.

Pero
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
And i really hope that's not the criteria that our staff uses.

Indeed. :lol
Or that he is Beno`s brother, or that he`s cute and so on. :lol

angel_luv
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
You guys- willfully misunderstaning me! :lol

ploto
07-21-2007, 03:04 PM
It's that time of year again! :)

angel_luv
07-21-2007, 03:16 PM
:clap

ploto
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Some pictures:

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010707221639460-1-0-3-1.jpg

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010707221639460-3-0-3-1.jpg

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010707221639460-4-0-3-1.jpg

http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010707221639460

velik_m
07-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't understand why they're going to china for prep tournament. Money, i guess...

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Some pictures:

I like them.

hvala Ploto :)

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Looks like I have a lot of new names and faces to learn.

ploto
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks like I have a lot of new names and faces to learn.
Do you know that the front row on the end- our right- is Samo?

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Now that you say so, yes.

If the picture had been a head shot of him, I probably would have recognized Samo, but the faces in the group picture are a little unclear.

It took me a minute to recognize Sho and Uros and Jaka.

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:13 PM
The one in the back row- His name starts with a Z right?

ploto
07-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Now that you say so, yes.

If the picture had been a head shot of him, I probably would have recognized Samo, but the faces in the group picture are a little unclear.

I meant to tell you- Samo isn't going to be able to play because of his ankle.

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I meant to tell you- Samo isn't going to be able to play because of his ankle.

Too bad. Hope he is better soon.

Oh man. I really need to hurry up and get my computer all fixed or I am not going to get to see anyone play!

ploto
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Theer are a ton of pictures here: http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=11&stran=1&galerija=162

A few choice ones:
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/zrece_clani_priprave_novinarski_dan_22_07_2007/foto_06.jpg

http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/zrece_clani_priprave_novinarski_dan_22_07_2007/foto_32.jpg

http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/zrece_clani_priprave_novinarski_dan_22_07_2007/foto_63.jpg

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, hello Sho! :lol

:)

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Browsing through the pictures... Slovenian guys are so cute!

angel_luv
07-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Whomever the guy in the orange is looks a lot like a Scottish guy I used to have a crush on.

velik_m
07-23-2007, 08:49 AM
The guy in orange is the ever "injured" Smodis aka Smoki.

Our guard situation is getting worse by the day.

So i guess Capin is a lock, that means Preldzic and Rizvic are out.

C: Radoslav Nesterovič, Erazem Lorbek
PF: Matjaž Smodiš, Uroš Slokar, Gašper Vidmar, Željko Zagorac
SF: Goran Jagodnik, Domen Lorbek,
SG: Jaka Klobučar, Sandi Čebular
PG: Jaka Lakovič, Goran Dragič, Aleksandar Čapin

thats 13, one of them goes. (Čebular :vomit: )

angel_luv
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Zagorac! I did remember his name right! Yea me.

So the ones I don't know: Vidmar, Jagodnik, Klobucar, and Cebular

I am glad Uros is playing. :)

ploto
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Looks like Uros won't be back in the NBA- no big surprise. At least he got his chance to come for a year and now if he ever wants to come back, he is a free agent.

angel_luv
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Looks like Uros won't be back in the NBA- no big surprise. At least he got his chance to come for a year and now if he ever wants to come back, he is a free agent.

I'm glad I got to meet him when the Raps were here. :)

Soul_Patch
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
so...no hate here...but what is with you guys and your fascination with slovenian ball players?

just curious, cause ploto for one seems to always have the latest dirt on all the eastern euro's.

are you polish? or russian?

angel_luv
07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
so...no hate here...but what is with you guys and your fascination with slovenian ball players?

just curious, cause ploto for one seems to always have the latest dirt on all the eastern euro's.

are you polish? or russian?

Because, as a wise guy poster recently said, " You can't teach dreamy like that." :lol

Seriously though, I root for Sho, Beno, Uros, Boki, Brezec during the regular basketball season; they are some of my favorite NBA players.
So it just makes sense that I would cheer them on during their summer play as well.

Soul_Patch
07-23-2007, 12:27 PM
gotcha...

I was mainly directing the question at ploto, as he/she always seems to know stuff about these obscure european players that most fans have never heard of....most of the time rightly so ;)

ploto
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah- I understand that people don't get this thread here anymore. It started a summer when both Rasho and Beno were on the Spurs and were both playing for the NT. Now only Beno is a Spur and he is not even playing this summer, but there are still Slovenians who come here and like to discuss it.

Actually, Rasho is the ONLY NBA player playing for Slovenia this summer- kind of disappointing when he is the "old man."

Angel- it looks like Sani might be playing against the Spurs in the pre-season. You can add him to the list of those you meet.

Here's the article on Uros. He will probably end up in Spain or Russia.
http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010707231613210

angel_luv
07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
gotcha...

I was mainly directing the question at ploto,

I see how you are. :lol

Angel- it looks like Sani might be playing against the Spurs in the pre-season. You can add him to the list of those you meet.

How exciting! :)

ploto
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
For you Angel- check about 4 minutes into the sportscast.

http://24ur.com/bin/video_show.php?24UR_d=1185098400&show_media=60034777

Soul_Patch
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
So ploto are you solovenian?

And yea i could see why spurs fans may cross polinate to other european clubs, due to the history of recruiting from overseas...i was just curious what causes you guys to focus in on the slovs :)

And <3 angel...dont even know you but you are one of the sweetest internet personalities ive ever known...lol...

angel_luv
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
For you Angel- check about 4 minutes into the sportscast.

http://24ur.com/bin/video_show.php?24UR_d=1185098400&show_media=60034777

Thank you. Can't wait to have my comp back so I can watch. :) Hopefully tomorrow. :)

angel_luv
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
And <3 angel...dont even know you but you are one of the sweetest internet personalities ive ever known...lol...

aw, thank you. :)

velik_m
07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Zagorac won't be playing either.

So that's 12.

If there are anymore cancelations we won't be able to field a full squad.

Thats sad and funny at the same time. But mostly sad.

ploto
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I saw that today. :(

How are they even going to handle the games this weekend and next week- because Rasho and a couple of other guys are not even schedued to make the trip? Rasho will be in Belgrade.

Pero
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Remember that we can`t have more than one naturalized player. So that means Preldzic and Rizvic are off the team. Because Capin will certainly make it. I would be VERY surprised and shocked if he doesn`t.

How are they even going to handle the games this weekend and next week- because Rasho and a couple of other guys are not even schedued to make the trip? Rasho will be in Belgrade.

Why would they need to handle these games? It`s not about winning.

ploto
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I meant concerns about overplaying guys for a bunch of meaningless games. There are 5 games in 6 days and very few players to use.

ploto
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto_tedna/50.jpg

Pero
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I meant concerns about overplaying guys for a bunch of meaningless games. There are 5 games in 6 days and very few players to use.

Oh... Coach said he`s going to give everyone playing time so that they get some experience if I remember right. I don`t think anyone will be overplayed. And isn`t there 11 players going to China? How is that few to use? :)

ploto
07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I thought they were down to 14 or 13 and 4 aren't going. Guess I lost count!

Pero
07-26-2007, 03:31 AM
No, I think it`s something like that. I forgot.
But still, even if there are only 9 players, he can still divide time between all of them.

zwbgr
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Here are some photos: http://www.alesfevzer.com/slo/photo.asp?IdEvento=547#

And this are 12 players, who won't play for whatever reason. Pretty good team:

Beno Udrih/Nebojsa Joksimovic
Sani Becirovic/Sasa Vujacic/Samo Udrih
Bostjan Nachbar/Marko Milic/Marko Maravic
Marko Tusek/Zeljko Zagorac
Primoz Brezec/Smiljan Pavic

ploto
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the photos. :)

If anyone cares, games should be on CCTV-5.

angel_luv
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
That most recent picture is too cute. :)

Why is Rasho in Belgrade- vacation? Who else isn't making the trip?

angel_luv
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Those "pose with the basketball" pics are funny. :)

ploto
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I think these four guys were given the leeway of not having to make that trip and the experience being for the younger guys. Rasho, Smodis, Jaka, and E. Lorbek will be training on their own that week.

Rasho has special friends and family in Belgrade.

Roster:
Goran Jagodnik, Uroš Slokar, Aleksandar Ćapin, Domen Lorbek, Goran Dragić, Jaka Klobučar, Gašper Vidmar, Emir Preldžić, Sandi Čebular, Hasan Rizvić

ploto
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
That most recent picture is too cute.

Someone who slouches worst than Rasho in pictures. :lol

angel_luv
07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Someone who slouches worst than Rasho in pictures. :lol

I didn't realize Sho slouched.

Too bad since I was so proud of how high I came up to him, even when just wearing flip flops. :)

Pero
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM

Crap, I probably won`t be able to watch, since I won`t be home most likely. Thanks for telling.

zwbgr
07-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the photos. :)

Do you have a link or something?

ploto
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Last year I found a way to watch CCTV-5 with PPStream. I haven't tried yet this summer.

I think you can also try to watch through their website but it is isn't nearly as good.

http://www.wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://www.wwitv.com/television/index.html?http://www.wwitv.com/television/210.htm

ploto
07-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Still more silly photos...
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=11&galerija=163

Wonder what he's thinking about...
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/zrece_uradno_slikanje/nesterovic_zoga2.JPG

ploto
07-27-2007, 10:31 PM
This site seems to have it built in and it is working. You can even expand it to full screen. I read somewhere else that the Saturday game may be tape delayed but the Sunday game is on live.

http://www.gigstreams.com/cctv5_tv_online.htm

Pero
07-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Won against NBDL (?) 94:86. China next, in about 12 hours.

angel_luv
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Congrats team. Good luck team.

Dajmo Slovenija. :)

velik_m
07-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Does anybody know which scrubs were in NBDL selection?

sendman
07-29-2007, 08:17 AM
China has fallen.

angel_luv
07-29-2007, 08:28 AM
China has fallen.

bwhahahaha!
Good job guys. :)

sendman
07-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Still more silly photos...
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=11&galerija=163

Wonder what he's thinking about...
http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/foto/zrece_uradno_slikanje/nesterovic_zoga2.JPG
I wish Ploto or angel_luv was here! :married: :clap :spin :lol :lol :lol

ploto
07-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Does anybody know which scrubs were in NBDL selection?

Here is the list from the NBDL:

The 10-player D-League squad is led by D-League Defensive Player of the Year Renaldo Major (Dakota). All-NBA D-League honorable mention performers Cheyne Gadson (Austin/Tulsa), Quemont Greer (Dakota), Eugene “Pooh” Jeter (Colorado), Kevin Lyde (Dakota) and Clay Tucker, along with Lance Allred (Idaho), Eddy Fobbs (Albuquerque/Sioux Falls), Rick Rickert (Colorado) and Terrance Thomas round out the Ambassadors roster.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/stankovic_cup_070717.html

Here is the story on the game with SLO.

Slovenia 94, D-League Ambassadors 86

GUANGZHOU, Southern China: Larry Smith believes the Stankovic Cup could be an opportunity to establish D-League's name in front of 300 million Chinese fans, but after the exhausting 40 minutes in a sultry Saturday night in Guangzhou, he realizes the dream takes time.

Slovenia ruined the D-League Ambassadors' first show in China, beating the Americans 94-86 in the opening game of the Stankovic Cup.

The Ambassadors, a team made up of D-League All Stars, couldn't solve Slovenia's stifling defense as they fell to 0-1 in the tournament.

"I thought they were just very aggressive; they got their hands on a lot of things; they were more active than we were," said Smith.

Slovenia was dominant in almost every corner of the court -- building a 21-point lead and then holding off a determined Ambassadors rally in the second half, when the D-League team stormed back within six points before Slovenia put them away ahead of the final buzzer.

Quemont Greer had the game-high 25 points, Renaldo Major added 12 points and Clay Tucker, who was known for his 51-point show in D-League game in March, just shot 2-of-8 from the field and finished with nine points and four turnovers.

"It is a good experience for us but I think we could play better and we have the opportunity to get back to our game in the tournament," said Smith, who has won titles as an assistant coach in both the NBA and the D-League. "Slovenia played with a lot of energy, and we are playing by their rules, that's unusual for us, but that's just the way it is right now, and we need to find a way to get it done."

Slovenia's game plan was to make it tough for the Ambassadors to up-tempo the game. They made it almost impossible as their big man forced the team to make 18 turnovers.

Slovenia, a sixth-place finisher at the European Championships in 2005 and No 12 at the World Championships in Japan last year, was one step ahead of the athletic D-League squad. By the time Tucker found his touch to hit two consecutive jumpers with 3:11 left in the first half, Slovenia had built a 49-33 lead.

By then, the Slovenians had grounded the Ambassadors, who had only six days of practice and had to play without its top star, the D-League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Randy Livingston due to the player's personal reasons.

"It is a situation we face in this game; we’ve only had them together for a week, but that's no the excuse," said Smith. "And also, I can not put it on one guy."

Slovenia, clicking on team offense and defense, outscored the Ambassadors 23-11 in the second quarter and were up by 21 points in the third.

Down by 19 points right in the third quarter, the Ambassadors came out strong to deliver an 18-0 run and eventually pull within 57-48 on a jumper by Greer, a stunning turnaround for a team that looked done a quarter earlier.

"I thought we played better in the second half. You can see it, we played harder," said Smith.

However, Slovenia responded in time. Emir Preldzic stopped the Ambassadors' rally by hitting a 3-pointer and slam dunk in a fast break, making it 73-52 with 2:22 left in the third quarter.

Tucker's points got the Ambassadors within nine in the last quarter, but it was a battling Slovenia who made their last minute surge in vain.

The loss, however, doesn't really cost the team's whole future at the tournament as each team plays five games in single round-robin play.

Besides the Ambassadors, the six-team field consists of the national teams from Angola, China, New Zealand, Slovenia and Venezuela. The team with the best record at the end of the tournament will win the trophy.

The Ambassadors’ second game is Sunday night in Guangzhou, against New Zealand. Their last three games will be in Macao.

Earlier yesterday, Yi Jianlian and former NBA player Wang Zhizhi combined for 39 points to help China beat Venezuela 64-62 while African champions Angola outclassed New Zealand 67-55.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/stankovic_recap_070728.html

zwbgr
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Funny story from yesterday game (against NDBL):

Američani so se tolažili z "mladostjo"

Potem ko so naduti košarkarji ameriškega moštva NBA Development All Star na tekmi s slovensko izbrano vrsto ostali dolgih nosov, so se hitro začeli tolažiti in iskati izgovore za sila povprečno igro. Tako je k vodstvu naše izbrane vrste pristopil eden od trenerjev njihove ekipe in samozavestno "razložil", da v njihovem moštvu niso prav nič razočarani, češ, saj so vsi stari med 24 in 27 let, kar pomeni, da imajo pred sabo še celotno kariero. A ko je omenjeni trener izvedel, da pri Slovencih z izjemo Gorana Jagodnika ni niti enega košarkarja, starejšega od 24 let, ob tem, da jih je šest doživelo šele 21 pomladi, je le izbuljil oči, odhitel k svojemu štabu in - pred neukimi Kitajci skupaj z ostalimi Američani še naprej užival v zvezdniškem sijaju.

Fast translation:

After the loss one of the NDBL ambasadors assistant coach came to Slovenian coach and said that they're not disappointed, because all players are 24 to 27 years old and have a bright future. You can imagine his face when he was informed that in Slovenian team only Jagodnik is older than 24 (he's 33), six of them aren't 22 yet. :D

Pero
07-29-2007, 07:20 PM
By then, the Slovenians had grounded the Ambassadors, who had only six days of practice and had to play without its top star, the D-League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Randy Livingston due to the player's personal reasons.

Meh, so what? We played without three certain starters and a key bench player. And Slokar...

Američani so se tolažili z "mladostjo"

Potem ko so naduti košarkarji ameriškega moštva NBA Development All Star na tekmi s slovensko izbrano vrsto ostali dolgih nosov, so se hitro začeli tolažiti in iskati izgovore za sila povprečno igro. Tako je k vodstvu naše izbrane vrste pristopil eden od trenerjev njihove ekipe in samozavestno "razložil", da v njihovem moštvu niso prav nič razočarani, češ, saj so vsi stari med 24 in 27 let, kar pomeni, da imajo pred sabo še celotno kariero. A ko je omenjeni trener izvedel, da pri Slovencih z izjemo Gorana Jagodnika ni niti enega košarkarja, starejšega od 24 let, ob tem, da jih je šest doživelo šele 21 pomladi, je le izbuljil oči, odhitel k svojemu štabu in - pred neukimi Kitajci skupaj z ostalimi Američani še naprej užival v zvezdniškem sijaju.

:lol:

Pero
07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Plus no Nachbar, Milic, Becirovic, Udrih, Brezec....
Even if the NBDL team had won, it would be hardly something to brag about. I have to admit I am a little surprised about our good play though. But true tests come later.

ploto
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Those guys look sooo young.

Dario
07-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Do you think this NBDL coach knows there are only 2 million of us? :D

Beno Udrih
07-30-2007, 01:30 AM
^^^
I've always liked your sig.

zeleni
07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
a good win against China

ata
07-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Plus no Nachbar, Milic, Becirovic, Udrih, Brezec....
Even if the NBDL team had won, it would be hardly something to brag about. I have to admit I am a little surprised about our good play though. But true tests come later.
Plus no Nesterovic, Lakovic, Smodis and Lorbek. Slokar also hasn't played (foot injury).

ata
07-30-2007, 06:51 AM

What a fucking sorry excuse...

By the way, is Rick Rickert same scrub who used to play for Krka few year ago (Minnesota's pick)?

velik_m
07-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Too bad we won't be playing american scrubs in euro championship. Or China for that matter.

Soul_Patch
07-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Why do those guys (rasho and his buddies) always look so sad. They just always look like they need a hug, or some prozac...

i guess its a matter of growing up in a eastern block country?

Slomo
07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
i guess its a matter of growing up in a eastern block country?Which country would that be, Einstein?

ploto
07-30-2007, 02:02 PM
http://www.vein.hu/www/intezetek/npo/images/europe.gif

sendman
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
He, he, geography lessons for our "western knows it all" buddy are comming in pictures?
Give him some credit,... he can read, he just chose not to.

zeleni
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
lost versus a good motivated New Zealand. Tall black kicked our asses.

Nice game to look at what our youngsters are capable of.

angel_luv
07-31-2007, 12:35 PM
What lost the game for us? Were we bad or were they just awesome?

zwbgr
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
We were bad. That's all. They killed us with their outside shooting, we killed us with uninspired offense.

zeleni
08-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Well, they weren't bad at all. They played great defense and were stronger inside.

Pero
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Another win... Against Venezuela this time.

Slovenija : Venezuela 88:68 (68:47, 45:29 ,15:8)
Strelci za Slovenijo: Jagodnik 17, Klobučar 12, Preldžić, Dragić 11, Ćapin, Vidmar, Rizvić 8, D. Lorbek 6, Čebular 4, Slokar 3

ploto
08-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Uros played- nice to see.

angel_luv
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Uros played- nice to see.

Aw... I missed it. :(

Good job team! :)

Pero
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Final win... So we won the Stankovic Cup.

Slovenija : Angola 78:51 (64:40, 36:25, 19:10)

angel_luv
08-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Final win... So we won the Stankovic Cup.

Slovenija : Angola 78:51 (64:40, 36:25, 19:10)

Yea! :clap :)

velik_m
08-02-2007, 02:46 PM
All hail Slovenia! champions of meaningless games...

How about winning some medals on tournaments that matter?

angel_luv
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Here's to optimism and to being on the right track. Believe, Velik. :toast

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
What is next for the team? More training and Practice tournaments? Where?

ploto
08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Training back in Slovenia next week and then a tournament in France August 10-12 with SLO, France, Greece, and Serbia-- some good teams.

After that more training in SLO and then a tournament in Greece August 20-22 with SLO, Greece, Italy, and Lithuania-- another good test.

angel_luv
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Training back in Slovenia next week and then a tournament in France August 10-12 with SLO, France, Greece, and Serbia-- some good teams.

After that more training in SLO and then a tournament in Greece August 20-22 with SLO, Greece, Italy, and Lithuania-- another good test.

hvala lepa for the info. :)

The France tournament falls on my birthday.
Last year Slovenia lost to Argentina on my birthday so they owe me this win. :)

ploto
08-04-2007, 01:19 AM
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-08/03/xinsrc_1920804031111375133022.jpg

angel_luv
08-04-2007, 09:55 AM
:tu :)

sendman
08-09-2007, 03:25 PM
And now, something completely different. Angel, what happened to your trip to Europe?

angel_luv
08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
And now, something completely different. Angel, what happened to your trip to Europe?

Money or lack thereof, most unfortunately. :(

My friend is going on a much abbreviated version of our back packing trip but with her sister.

Slovenia is still my number one destination choice; as soon as I have the funds, I'm there. :)

Kamnik
08-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Slovenia is still my number one destination choice; as soon as I have the funds, I'm there. :)

when you come (and if you visit Koroska or Maribor then) you got a drink on me :toast

Anyone else thinks she resembles her? ;)

http://web.mit.edu/kayla/Public/Backgrounds/LOTR%20Arwen.jpg

angel_luv
08-10-2007, 08:47 AM
when you come (and if you visit Koroska or Maribor then) you got a drink on me :toast

Anyone else thinks she resembles her? ;)

http://web.mit.edu/kayla/Public/Backgrounds/LOTR%20Arwen.jpg

Then I will be sure to go there.
hvala lepa. :)

ploto
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Angel agreeing to meet for a drink!!

JK

Bruno
08-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Livestats of Slovenia-Greece :
http://live.basketfrance.com/match.php?id=1&t=STR

velik_m
08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't like it that they will play france 3 times.
Especially since we meet them in group stage.

velik_m
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM

papaloukas will not play for greece?

Pero
08-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Cool, thanks. Looks like we`re going to win...

Bruno
08-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Photos of the game :
http://sigbasket.fr/photos-matchs/tournoi07/slovenie-grece/

Boxscore :
http://www.basketfrance.com/_stats/0708/edf_masc/2007_08_10_-_slovenie_grece.pdf

angel_luv
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Angel agreeing to meet for a drink!!

JK

If memory serves...

Ali lahko dobim en caj prosim?

angel_luv
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the pics/ stats Bruno.

About pics previews: I saw the first one which is a partial view of #12 and was like, " Sho looks different"
I'm must still be in the Raptors state of mind, forget Sho's number 8. :oops :lol

Uros had a good game. 50% from the field. Nice work.

I like that box score format.

Smodis , Donmen, and Erazem in double digits; Domen 80% from the field :wow

Good win guys!

:fro

Bruno
08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Slovenia win today against Serbia 79-66.
Boxscore (http://sigbasket.fr/tournoi/pdf/serbie-slovenie/4.pdf)
Photos (http://sigbasket.fr/photos-matchs/tournoi07/Serbie-Slovenie/)

angel_luv
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Yea! :elephant :elephant

Now for my birthday win tomorrow. :)

velik_m
08-12-2007, 03:38 AM
The serbians played without Jarić, Miličić and Gurović, which will be their main guys in Spain.

ploto
08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
France 60 SLO 52- end of third quarter.

Final-- France 80 SLO 60. I think he did not play the good players in the 4Q at all!!

Rasho finally had a good shooting game- he's seemed pretty rusty since he did not play in the first tournament.

ploto
08-12-2007, 10:06 AM
http://sigbasket.fr/photos-matchs/tournoi07/france-slovenie/images/France-Slovenie-12-08-07-22.jpg

http://sigbasket.fr/photos-matchs/tournoi07/france-slovenie/images/France-Slovenie-12-08-07-24.jpg

Pero
08-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Good. I hope we lose the third game with France too. Lakovic did not play at all, and it looks like younger players got a chance.

angel_luv
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
France 60 SLO 52- end of third quarter.

Final-- France 80 SLO 60. I think he did not play the good players in the 4Q at all!!

Rasho finally had a good shooting game- he's seemed pretty rusty since he did not play in the first tournament.

Again, they lose on my birthday. :(

I expect this to be made up to me come actual tournament time.

Glad Sho had a better game; he is too I am sure. :)

Pero
08-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, that`s right... Happy Birthday! :)

angel_luv
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
hvala :) :)

sendman
08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Happy Birthday Luv!

angel_luv
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
ty :)

ploto
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Glad Sho had a better game; he is too I am sure. :)
From what I can tell, his defense has been pretty good.

angel_luv
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
From what I can tell, his defense has been pretty good.

Per usual. :)

Pero
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Lakovic injured, that`s why he didn`t play against France. But should recover in 10 days. We`d certainly be screwed if we`d lose him.

angel_luv
08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Lakovic injured, that`s why he didn`t play against France. But should recover in 10 days. We`d certainly be screwed if we`d lose him.

Oh no! What happened?

Pero
08-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Injured back thigh muscle of the right leg at the end of the game against Serbia.

angel_luv
08-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Feel better, Jaka! :)

ploto
08-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Slokar will play for Dynamo Moscow.

http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010708161500350

angel_luv
08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
I am glad Uros has a squad to play for but am sad it won't be here. I wish the Spurs could have/ would have taken him.

velik_m
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Slovenia beat Italy today 84:81

SlovenianGuy
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Slovenia 84, Italy 81
(19:20, 22:16, 28:18, 15:27)

Smodiš 13, Nesterovič 12, Jagodnik 11, Ćapin 10, D. Lorbek 9, E. Lorbek 9, Vidmar 6, Klobučar 4, Slokar 4, Dragič 4 and Čebular 2 for Slovenia.

Belinelli 20, Soragna 16, Galanda 8, Mordente 8, Gigli 8, Basile 6, Nancinelli 5, Marconato 4, Bargnani 2, Bulleri 2 and Crosariol 2 for Italy.

In their openinig game of the Acropolis Cup, the Slovenian team defeated Italy 84-81. Slovenia outrebounded the opponents by 37-22 and second half opened with a 15-1 run. Nesterovic, Smodis and Jagodnik combined for 23 of Slovenian's 28 third-quarter points. Slovenia had their largest lead at 56-37 but Italy cut the deficit to 79-80 and Mancinelli missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Matjaz Smodis finished with 13 points, Radoslav Nesterovic (212-C-76) had 12 points and 7 rebounds, Goran Jagodnik netted 11 points and Aleksandar Capin posted 10.

ploto
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
If you want to watch these games- or you can even watch the recorded game from today- go here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/34400420/MyTVSetup.exe

Install it in English and select channel Net. They even record the shows, so you can go in and watch the games already played today or you can watch live- you can sort of guess from the list of recorded shows which one says Slovenia vs Italy.

I forgot to mention- you get a three day free trial which is perfect for this tournament.

ploto
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Rasho went 6/12- had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and no fouls in 20 minutes. He played the whole first and third quarters.

angel_luv
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Rasho went 6/12- had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and no fouls in 20 minutes. He played the whole first and third quarters.

:tu
Go Sho! :)

Thanks for the viewing info Ploto. :)

ploto
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Lithuania 24 SLO 14

Lith really pushes the ball- gets a lot of fast breaks... It just seems watching Sarunas that there has to be some place for him in the NBA.

Rasho 3/8- 6 points and 4 rebounds-2 fouls. He and Smodis scored all of Slovenia's first quarter points.

Pero
08-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Are you watching the game ploto? If so, where? Anything online?

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Lithuania 24 SLO 14

Lith really pushes the ball- gets a lot of fast breaks... It just seems watching Sarunas that there has to be some place for him in the NBA.

Rasho 3/8- 6 points and 4 rebounds-2 fouls. He and Smodis scored all of Slovenia's first quarter points.

Dajmo Slovenia! :)

ploto
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Are you watching the game ploto? If so, where? Anything online?

If you want to watch these games- or you can even watch the recorded game from today- go here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/34400420/MyTVSetup.exe

Install it in English and select channel Net. They even record the shows, so you can go in and watch the games already played today or you can watch live- you can sort of guess from the list of recorded shows which one says Slovenia vs Italy.

I forgot to mention- you get a three day free trial which is perfect for this tournament.

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Did we win?

Pero
08-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks Ploto, missed your post.

Did we win?

No.
Slovenija : Litva 72:87 (14:24, 17:27, 20:22, 21:15)

Atene - Dvorana OAKA, gledalcev 2000.

Slovenija: Čebular 0 v 0 minutah, Lakovič 0 v 0 minutah, Ćapin 0 v 10 minutah, Dragić 11 (3:4), 6 asistenc in 3 skoki v 30 minutah, Nesterović 8 (2:4) in 6 skokov v 20 minutah, Smodiš 16 (4:4) in 5 skokov v 18 minutah, Slokar 2 (2:2), Klobučar 9 in 7 pridobljenih žog v 27 minutah, Jagodnik 2 in 3 asistence v 18 minutah, D. Lorbek 6 in 3 asistence v 35 minutah, Vidmar 3 (3:6) v 8 minutah, E. Lrobek 15 (5:6) v 20 minutah.

Litva: Jasaitis 0, Kaukenas 14 (3:4), Maciulis 9 (7:8), D. Lavrinovič 10 (2:4), Šiškauskas 9 (1:1), Songaila 12 (4:4), Slanina 0, Kleiza 4, K. Lavrinovič 5 (3:4), Jasikevičius 6 (2:2), Jankunas 2, Javtokas 14 (2:3).

Pero
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Also, Capin injured. Happened against Italy. Hopefully not serious, because if he`s gone we`re probably screwed too.
Lakovic will play against France.

angel_luv
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
When no one mentioned it, I was afraid we had lost.

We'll get the next wins ( plural intended :) ) though. :)

ploto
08-21-2007, 09:23 PM
With so many players out- and so much foul trouble, SLO got dominated. :(

velik_m
08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
We were owned.

10-tka
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
We look OK today. Some good shots from Jagodnik and Rasho from inside. Dragic is better PG than Capin. I wish all the best to Capin but I would prefer Preldzic than him.
Score
SLO 24 GRE 18

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Dajmo Slovenia! :cheer

Hi 10-tka! :)

10-tka
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Dajmo Slovenia! :cheer

Hi 10-tka! :)hi angel... working?
41:40 for Slovenia, halftime

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
hi angel... working?
41:40 for Slovenia, halftime

You have the best timing? I just came looking for a score update. :)

I am at work, but ( knock on wood) am not busy and get to post.

Here's hoping the team steps it up this second half; I want a big win. :)
Fear the Sho. Fear the rest of our team too. :)

10-tka
08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
GRE: SLO 53:52
3rd 3:14

ploto
08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
turnovers killing Slovenia!

10-tka
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
GRE: SLO
72:63 5:37 to end

80:65 greece won

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Darn it! I prayed to late or Greek fans prayed better. Boosh!

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
turnovers killing Slovenia!

"What are you guys, a bunch of housewives? Stop making turn overs!"
That's what the coach should have told them.

Losses are easier to take when I am half delirious with fever. Darn allergins.

Pero
08-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Grčija : Slovenija 80:65 (16:19, 24:22, 25:13, 15:11)

And now we lost Dragic. Things are just getting better and better...

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Grčija : Slovenija 80:65 (16:19, 24:22, 25:13, 15:11)

And now we lost Dragic. Things are just getting better and better...

So the question now is- who is going to stand out and be awesome for us?

Someone will, I am sure. Maybe even several people. :)

10-tka
08-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe physiotherapist :)

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Pero
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
So the question now is- who is going to stand out and be awesome for us?

Someone will, I am sure. Maybe even several people. :)

The question is, will there be any guards left on the team by the time the European Championship starts. :lol:

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
The question is, will there be any guards left on the team by the time the European Championship starts. :lol:

There better be. :lol

And there will be. :)

Kamnik
08-22-2007, 06:22 PM

damn it

this team finnaly has some balls and a leader with Smodis but PGs are dropping like flies :depressed

i dont believe in god but i might start praying :dizzy

they better get them ready for Spain or Pipan will let Rasho play at the PG :toast

ploto
08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Next up France- both Saturday and Sunday.

angel_luv
08-22-2007, 10:37 PM
i dont believe in god but i might start praying :dizzy

It's worth a try, right? :)

Kamnik
08-23-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=35336

Capin will be okay. Dragic is going to wear a mask because of the broken nose. Lakovic is coming back.

Sorry Angel, i wont pray. :)

sendman
08-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe God healed them fast, just to avoid listening to you and your mumbling!? :spless:

angel_luv
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.php?&c_mod=rnews&op=sections&func=read&c_menu=4&c_id=35336

Capin will be okay. Dragic is going to wear a mask because of the broken nose. Lakovic is coming back.

Sorry Angel, i wont pray. :)

You don't need to this time. Mine worked. :)

angel_luv
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Maybe God healed them fast, just to avoid listening to you and your mumbling!? :spless:

Don't you know, God is a big fan of the Slovenian NT. :)

Kamnik
08-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Tonight we conquer France! :makemyday

angel_luv
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Tonight we conquer France! :makemyday

Yes! That's the spirit. France is going down. :)

ploto
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Box score and play by play:

http://server1.mbt.lt/sites/kzs/netcasting/

Kamnik
08-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Dragic is awsome talent. If he plays for Olimpija this year he can go high in the next draft! Exciting stuff for me!

Parker looks good, confident shooting.

Smodis should go to the NBA. Play the Oberto role. :smokin

ploto
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Is the game on somewhere?

Kamnik
08-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Is the game on somewhere?
national tv :lol

Wow!!!

We got some great young talent!

Vidmar,Klobucar and DRAGIC!

Dragic impressed against Parker. He covered him really well, even stole one ball and showed some good quickness and skill. He is our biggest prospect at this time imo.

Weiss and Pietrus got really frustrated.

ploto
08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
SLO 43 France 40 Halftime

France went on a run in the middle of the second quarter, but Slovenia ended the half on a 12-2 run.

Best I can tell Rasho went 3-5 with 6 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist in about 13 minutes of play. Tony has 9 points and 1 assist. I am wondering how Lakovic blocked a shot of his!

ploto
08-25-2007, 11:58 AM
national tv :lol

Wow!!!

What channel- I looked on RTV SLO on my online feed and it was not on.

Kamnik
08-25-2007, 12:03 PM
What channel- I looked on RTV SLO on my online feed and it was not on.

TVS2

Anyways.... Rasho played his usuall self. Bricked a few things (always frustrates me when he doesnt use his weight/height to get closer) but played well defensively and layed in a few from assists.

Basicly both coaches give playtime to everyone.

To me first half was a nice presentation of our young talent. Especially Dragic who matched very good against Parker. Didnt show a bit of respect or lack of confidence. Some flashy moves even.