PDA

View Full Version : Another pretzel choking incident?

Nbadan
06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
WASHINGTON - Confronted with strong opposition to his Iraq policies, President George W. Bush decides to interpret public opinion his own way. Actually, he says, people agree with him.

Democrats view the November elections that gave them control of Congress as a mandate to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq. They are backed by evidence; election exit poll surveys by The Associated Press and television networks found 55 percent saying the U.S. should withdraw some or all of its troops from Iraq.

Bush says Democrats have it all wrong: the public does not want the troops pulled out - they want to give the military more support in its mission.

"Last November, the American people said they were frustrated and wanted a change in our strategy in Iraq," he said April 24, ahead of a veto showdown with congressional Democrats over their desire to legislation a troop withdrawal timeline. "I listened. Today, General David Petraeus is carrying out a strategy that is dramatically different from our previous course."

Linky (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,137382,00.html?ESRC=army-a.nl)

He's gotta be back on the booze and blow.

boutons_
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
"...dramatically different from our previous course."

motherfucking liar. the man is as shameless as he is stupid.

medstudent
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
no, he's just surrounded by yes men that blow him 24/7

Nbadan
06-01-2007, 02:45 PM
A unique survey question posed by the Gallup organization reveals just how far the president and Congress -- and most newspaper editorial pages -- appear to stand from the wishes of the American public on getting out of Iraq.

Gallup, in a report today, said it posed the question: If you had 15 minutes with President Bush in the Oval Office what would you tell him to do about Iraq?

The majority (56%) said they would urgently urge him to focus on getting out of Iraq, with the highest number (nearly 4 in 10) agreeing with the wish to simply "pull the troops out/end it" and others backing other exit ideas.

Another 6% would tell him to admit his mistakes in Iraq and apologize. About 7% would advise the president to work with study groups or the United Nations to figure out a solution. Only one in four would tell the president to stay the course or be more aggressive in Iraq.

Editor and Publisher (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003592160)

Ocotillo
06-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Fifteen minutes with Bush. Screw telling numbnuts to withdraw from Iraq, I would like to use my fifteen minutes kicking his ass.

Isaac
06-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Fifteen minutes with Bush. Screw telling numbnuts to withdraw from Iraq, I would like to use my fifteen minutes kicking his ass.

but didnt you know? he goes to Church. my church.

johnsmith
06-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Linky (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,137382,00.html?ESRC=army-a.nl)

He's gotta be back on the booze and blow.

Sorry, you set a new precedent for "bullshit calling"..........I call this bullshit.

Wild Cobra
06-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I believe the democrats won because the republicans became too liberal. Talk of legitimizing the illegals and not caring about border enforcement, yet pretending to be strong on security. Iraq was not the issue for republicans and conservatives, but the hypocrisy was. Before the 2006 elections, several conservative hosts predicted, and callers confirmed they were not voting republicans. Reasons were primarily the illegal alien issue, but secondary was the record pork with a republican congress.

It will happen again people. Republicans will loose big, especially in the senate since many are supporting the amnesty bill. If republicans want to retake the house of representatives, they need to strongly support enforce border security and means of returning the illegals home. No amnesty. If the house does not take this stance, enough conservatives will not vote republican, and the democrats will win big.

FYI. I heard today on the radio that the RNC has let phone workers go. I heard that contributions are down 40% with the illegal amnesty being the primary reason. Here is part of the story titled RNC faces donor falloff, fires solicitors (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070601-122909-8977r.htm) dated today:

Several of the solicitors fired at the May 24 meeting reported declining contributions and a donor backlash against the immigration proposals now being pushed by Mr. Bush and Senate Republicans.

"Every donor in 50 states we reached has been angry, especially in the last month and a half, and for 99 percent of them immigration is the No. 1 issue," said a fired phone bank employee who said the severance pay the RNC agreed to pay him was contingent on his not criticizing the national committee.

Can we all say Bye Bye GOP... Together now...

xrayzebra
06-02-2007, 08:12 AM
^^Unless the GOP gets their act together, you can very well say
Bye-Bye. Bush has completely surrendered to Teddy baby
and the dimm-o-craps on the illegal question and border
security. And the Republicans in the Senate are running scared
of being called whatever by the MSM if they don't go for the
amnesty for all the illegals. Our only hope is going to be in
the House where even a good portion of the dimm-o-craps
will not vote for the bill. But of course they have to face the
voters every two years. Unlike the Senators.

The 40 percent reduction in donations are going to also be
reflected in donations to individual members and may very
well get their attention. Let us hope so!