PDA

View Full Version : Manu article

TMTTRIO
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Again here's the google translated version. If anyone can do a better job at it please do it :lol
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=913490&origen=acumulado&acumulado_id=131-2

"We arrive more rested that to other ends"

Emanuel Ginóbili
For THE NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- Happy and happy by arriving at another end -that is discounted-, they will imagine. The good thing is that also we have a pair during the day of rest before beginning to prepare us thinking about the rival one. For me, eight days of wait (therefore the series by the title begins next Thursday) is a lot of time, but I prefer this and not to suffer to a seventh party to gain the Conference of the West. Although it have that to expect, is better to have defined 4 to 1 with Utah.

What happens is that never we have eight days without playing in the season. One is unusual; generally we have parties every other day. I do not know if is better or worse; over there we arrive well rested to the fight by the title, but perhaps cost us to take up again our rhythm. The same thing if we see it since the side opposed; if Detroit and Cleveland come they define in the seventh play, is possible that harm the end with certain exhaustion, but they are going to be with rhythm of competence and finer.

The rest also helps to heal some blows and to expect the recovery of Michael (Finley), that has pains of back. Surely, Popovich will take advantage of these days to begin to speak of the two possible adversaries. Never we did it before an end, because do not there was time in the previous, but now I imagine that we will speak of basic things of both. With regard to if I prefer Detroit or Cleveland, the truth one must be prepared for what touch us. With Detroit we know us a lot because they maintain almost the same team of the end of 2005, except Chris Webber, that replaced to Ben Wallace. Is a very complete team, with enormous experience and five dangerous players. Cleveland is younger and is supported more in the impressive talent of LeBron James. A player al that surely will touch me to defend some minutes when Bruce (Bowen) have that to rest. Already I did it in the season to regulate and was not easy. Physically is imposing, desequilibrante, and has a terrible power. The good thing is that surely we will double him the mark. Always I am going to have someone helping me for pass not alone shame. Ha, ha!

It another, that few know, is that the technician of Cleveland, Mike Brown, was assistant of Popovich until 2003 and they are known a lot, they are spoken often. Brown knows perfectly the philosophy of our coach.

Night before last, wanted to count them, there was festival in the court after the party. As always, when we gain the Conference, the NBA delivers a trophy, there is an important celebration and all we put us the gorrito and the oarswoman of champion of the West. A custom that do not share a lot, except by the happiness that causes to have arrived at the end. Also there were feasts in the center, with bottlenecks and all.

If I compare my arrival to this third end regarding the previous, the truth is that they were quite different. In 2001, it was new, did not understand a lot of everything that occurred neither the hard thing that was. In 2005, we play against a great team (Detroit) and was harder still, I arrived dead person. If the team had played 100 parties I felt that they were 200. For this, on the other hand, I feel more rested. I believe that all we arrive more rested. Besides, it is since all was given very fast. The season to regulate and the playoffs... ¿I will be putting Me old? They say that when to one passes him all very fast. I do not have explanation; over there is psychological or perhaps have to do with that the technician decided to administer more my times. As soon as al play, he can be that now Tim (Duncan), Tony (Parker) and we be more predominant because we are maintaining a good level during more time. Over there, in 2003 we support us a lot in Tim and in 2005 we were not partners the three, over there played very well one and not so much the other. That can be a difference for this end. Equal, we have a very complete team and any can give a hand to gain.

Fabricio (Oberto), for example, that is very I please by its first end, although knows that the work is not finished. Had a tremendous repercussion that caused felt the important. The series with Utah came barbaric because set against a team with rough and high players, was ideal for its style.

I believe that we have promoted us in the last parties. Eliminating to Phoenix, in a series complicadísima, a push gave us of mind important; and later with Utah, except the 3er parted, that we kick it, the 4° we play a great second time and, night before last, in the 5°, the first room was the best of the season. Perfect. We defended very well and everything that we throw, entered. I hope we maintain that level in the end.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-01-2007, 09:04 PM
One is unusual; generally we have parties every other day.

:lol so that's the secret to their success.

thispego
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
im not even gonna try to read that

romain.star
06-01-2007, 09:11 PM
im not even gonna try to read that

same here

xamila rey
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
this is the original article,
i am not that good for translating this,
but last time ArgSpursFan did an excelent job,
lets see if someone can help..

"Llegamos más descansados que a otras finales"

Emanuel Ginóbili
Para LA NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- Contento y feliz por llegar a otra final -eso se descuenta-, se imaginarán. Lo bueno es que también tenemos un par de días de descanso antes de empezar a prepararnos pensando en el rival. Para mí, ocho días de espera (pues la serie por el título comienza el próximo jueves) es mucho tiempo, pero prefiero esto y no sufrir hasta un séptimo partido para ganar la Conferencia del Oeste. Aunque tenga que esperar, es mejor haber definido 4 a 1 con Utah.

Lo que pasa es que nunca tenemos ocho días sin jugar en la temporada. Uno está desacostumbrado; generalmente tenemos partidos cada dos días. No sé si es mejor o peor; por ahí llegamos bien descansados a la pelea por el título, pero quizá nos cueste retomar nuestro ritmo. Lo mismo si lo vemos desde el lado opuesto; si Detroit y Cleveland llegan a definir en el séptimo juego, es posible que empiecen la final con cierto cansancio, pero van a estar con ritmo de competencia y más finos.

El descanso también ayuda a sanar algunos golpes y esperar la recuperación de Michael (Finley), que tiene dolores de espalda. Seguramente, Popovich aprovechará estos días para empezar a hablar de los dos posibles adversarios. Nunca lo hicimos antes de una final, porque no hubo tiempo en las anteriores, pero ahora imagino que hablaremos de cosas básicas de ambos. Con respecto a si prefiero Detroit o Cleveland, la verdad hay que estar preparado para lo que nos toque. Con Detroit nos conocemos mucho porque ellos mantienen casi el mismo equipo de las final de 2005, excepto Chris Webber, que suplantó a Ben Wallace. Es un equipo muy completo, con enorme experiencia y cinco jugadores peligrosos. Cleveland es más joven y se apoya más en el talento impresionante de LeBron James. Un jugador al que seguramente me tocará defender algunos minutos cuando Bruce (Bowen) tenga que descansar. Ya lo hice en la temporada regular y no fue fácil. Físicamente es imponente, desequilibrante, y tiene una potencia terrible. Lo bueno es que seguramente le doblaremos la marca. Siempre voy a tener a alguien ayudándome para no pasar vergüenza solo. ¡Ja, ja!

Lo otro, que pocos saben, es que el técnico de Cleveland, Mike Brown, fue asistente de Popovich hasta 2003 y se conocen mucho, se hablan frecuentemente. Brown conoce perfectamente la filosofía de nuestro entrenador.

Anteanoche, quería contarles, hubo fiesta en la cancha después del partido. Como siempre, cuando ganamos la Conferencia, la NBA entrega un trofeo, hay una celebración importante y todos nos ponemos el gorrito y la remera de campeón del Oeste. Una costumbre que no comparto mucho, excepto por la felicidad que causa haber llegado a la final. También hubo festejos en el centro, con embotellamientos y todo.

Si comparo mi llegada a esta tercera final respecto de las anteriores, la verdad es que fueron bastante diferentes. En 2001, era nuevo, no entendía mucho todo lo que ocurría ni lo duro que era. En 2005, jugamos contra un gran equipo (Detroit) y fue más dura aún, llegué muerto. Si el equipo había jugado 100 partidos yo sentía que eran 200. Para ésta, en cambio, me siento más descansado. Creo que todos llegamos más descansados. Además, es como que todo se dio muy rápido. La temporada regular y los playoffs... ¿Me estaré poniendo viejo? Dicen eso cuando a uno le pasa todo muy rápido. No tengo explicación; por ahí es psicológico o quizá tenga que ver con que el técnico decidió administrar más mis tiempos. En cuanto al juego, puede ser que ahora Tim (Duncan), Tony (Parker) y seamos más preponderantes porque estamos manteniendo un buen nivel durante más tiempo. Por ahí, en 2003 nos apoyamos mucho en Tim y en 2005 no fuimos parejos los tres, por ahí jugaba muy bien uno y no tanto el otro. Esa puede ser una diferencia para esta final. Igual, tenemos un equipo muy completo y cualquiera puede dar una mano para ganar.

Fabricio (Oberto), por ejemplo, que está muy contento por su primera final, aunque sabe que el trabajo no está terminado. Tuvo una repercusión tremenda que lo hizo sentir importante. La serie con Utah le vino bárbara porque frente a un equipo con jugadores altos y ásperos, fue ideal para su estilo.

Creo que nos hemos potenciado en los últimos partidos. Eliminar a Phoenix, en una serie complicadísima, nos dio un empuje anímico importante; y después con Utah, excepto el 3er partido, que la pateamos , el 4° jugamos un gran segundo tiempo y, anteanoche, en el 5°, el primer cuarto fue el mejor de la temporada. Perfecto. Defendimos muy bien y todo lo que tiramos, entró. Ojalá mantengamos ese nivel en la final.

www.manuginobili.com

Link permanente: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/913490

greens
06-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Good translation...except that the main title is more like this:

"We arrive more rested than at other finals"

WalterBenitez
06-02-2007, 07:38 AM
It sounds like Manu is thinking more in CAVS, because dedicated more space in his columns, and that issu the Coach Brown was POP's assistant; I expect we could slow down LBJ at least in San Antonio, you know in Cleveland refs wears Cav's jerseys.

Marhq
06-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's my translation.

We arrive more rested than to other finals.

I'm glad and happy for reaching another final -that is a given- as you can imagine. The good thing is that we also have a couple of days to rest before we start our preparation thinking in our rival. To me, an eight day wait (for the title series begins next Thursday) is a lot of time, but I prefer this and not having to suffer until a seventh game to win the Western Conference. Although I have to wait, it's better to have closed 4-1 the series against Utah.

The thing is that we never have eight days without playing during the season. One is unaccustomed to that; generally we have a game every two days. I don't know if this is for better or worse; maybe we get to the title fight well rested but maybe it'll be hard for us to regain our rhythm. The same is true if we look at it from the opposite side; if Detroit and Cleveland go to a seventh game, it is possible that they will start the finals somewhat tired, but they will be more in rhythm and sharp.

This rest also helps to heal some bumps and to wait for the recovery of Michael (Finley), who has back pains. Surely, Popovich will use this days to begin talking about the two possible rivals. We never did this before a final, because we didn't have the time on the previous ones, but now I guess we'll talk about basic things of both teams. Regarding which team I prefer, Detroit or Cleveland, the truth is we have to be prepared for whichever is next. With Detroit we know each other a lot because they remain almost the exact team of the 2005 finals, except for Chris Weber, who replaced Ben Wallace. It's a very complete team, with huge experience and five dangerous players. Cleveland is younger and relies on the impressive talent of Lebron James, a player I will surely have to guard for some minutes when Bruce (Bowen) gets his rest. I already did it during the regular season and it wasn't easy. Physically he's imposing, overwhelming and has a tremendous force. The good thing is we'll surely double team him. I'll always have someone helping me so as to not make a fool of myself all alone. Ha, ha!

Another thing, that few know, is that Cleveland's coach, Mike Brown, was Popovich's assistant until 2003 and they know each other a lot, they talk frequently. Brown knows perfectly our coach's philosophy.

The night before last, I wanted to tell you, there was a party at the court after the game. As always when we win the Conference, the NBA gives us a trophy, there's an important celebration and we put our Western Champions caps and T-shirts on. A ritual I don't enjoy much, except for the happiness caused by getting to the finals. There were also celebrations downtown, with traffic jams and all.

If I compare my arrival to this third final with the previous ones, the truth is they were very different. In 2001 (sic) I was new, I didn't get much all that was happening nor how hard it was. En 2005, we played a against a great team (Detroit) and it was even harder, I ended up dead tired. While the team played 100 games I felt like they were 200. This time, however, I feel a lot more rested. I think we all got here more rested. Moreover, it's like everything went very fast. The regular season and the playoffs... ¿Am I getting older? That's what they say when one feels that things go by fast. I have no explanation, maybe it's psychological or maybe it has to do with the coach's decision of managing my minutes more. Regarding our play, it may be that now Tim (Duncan), Tony (Parker) and I are more prevalent because we are keeping a good level longer. It may have been that in 2003 we relied a lot on Tim and in 2005 we three were uneven, when one played well the other didn't. That could be different in this finals. Anyway, we have a very complete team and anyone can give us a hand in order to win.

Fabricio (Oberto), for example, who is very happy with his first final, although he knows the job isn't finished. He's had a tremendous impact which made him feel important. The Utah series was great for him because a team with tall and rough players was ideal for his game.

I think we had gained momentum in the last games. Eliminating Phoenix, in a very difficult series, gave us an important moral boost; and then with Utah except for the 3rd game, in which we sucked, in the 4th game we played a great second half and, the night before last, in game 5, the first quarter was the best of the season. Perfect. We defended very well and everything we shot went in. Let's hope we keep this level in the finals.
Saludos.

Quasar
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the translation, but unless I've had a complete brain fart:

If I compare my arrival to this third final with the previous ones, the truth is they were very different. In 2001(sic) I

I believe Manu meant 2003. Heh maybe he really is tired!

Marhq
06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that's why I added the "(sic) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic)".

Saludos.

ArgSpursFan
06-02-2007, 03:41 PM
good translation Marhq.And thanx Noel for your comments about my last translation.