PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Up...

TheTruth
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Funniest movie I've seen this year.

MY SHIT LOOKED LIKE A STUFFED ANIMAL!!!!

Fucking funny.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I actually want to see this movie...may have to do that on Monday.

RashoFan
06-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Whew...thought you were going to say something else....:D

CharlieMac
06-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I caught this a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. That black dude from the Office easily had the best lines in the movie.

TheTruth
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I caught this a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. That black dude from the Office easily had the best lines in the movie.
I have to hope there is a midget in the line. LOL..

You made Steve Carrell look like and asshole.

Jimcs50
06-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Saw it last night. Just as good as Virgin, maybe even funnier. Will be a huge hit.

Refreshing too, as we walked out of Pirates last weekend, as I thought it was the worst movie I had seen in 2-3 years.

PeterBurns
06-02-2007, 11:25 AM
"Your Dead...Your F'n Dead...You're Tupac....You're Biggie"

E20
06-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I haven't seen it and probably won't, but as the commercials indicate, how the fuck does that GUY get a GIRL like that.

easjer
06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
We saw it last night and both loved it.

I thought it was funny as hell, but also surprisingly free of cliches for humor. I thought one of the parts was the sincere take on this type of situation and that it was fucking hilarious without resorting overused jokes about pregnancy. I also loved that they didn't make a joke out of a woman trying to have an unmedicated labor and that they didn't jump to the use of pain meds as absolutely necessary.

But mostly, it was way funnier than I thought it would be -- plenty of stuff that you haven't seen in the ads.

"Five Different Styles of Chairs" might have been my favorite scene.

easjer
06-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen it or won't, but as the commercials indicate, how the fuck does that GUY get a GIRL like that.

They explain it pretty well.

E20
06-02-2007, 12:15 PM
They explain it pretty well.
Care to explain to me please? I don't wanna pay 10 bucks to see it? PLEEEEAAAAASEEEEEE? :wakeup

Silver21_Black20
06-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Saw it last night.

Very funny.

Best comedy I've seen this year.

:tu :tu

TheTruth
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
This is good.

I think we're bonding.

easjer
06-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh, no, we're not asking you to lose weight. That would be illegal. We just want you to be healthy! So go home, weigh yourself on a scale, write than down. Then subtract 20 from that number. And weigh that. Yeah.

SCdac
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Funniest movie I've seen since Borat back in november. Hot Fuzz and the Aqua Teen movie were great, but Knocked Up takes it. The dialogue was superb; you get the feeling improv was key to this film. It was funnier than 40 Year Old Virgin, and even more heartfelt imo... Regardless, Apatow is the man.

I'm looking forward to Superbad and Pineapple Express, both co-written by Seth Rogen. Pineapple Express will be great I'm sure, James Franco playing a drugdealer, and Rogen playing his best customer. Plenty of potential.

Allison: So, what would happen on a normal second date? (or something like that)
Ben: BJ!

Ben: You can't accept love!?!?!?!

Martin: Whatever. I'm glad I'm not a Jew.
Ben: So are we...
Ben: You weren't chosen for a reason. :lol

Horry For 3!
06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I think Borat is pretty damn funny.

CharlieMac
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh, no, we're not asking you to lose weight. That would be illegal. We just want you to be healthy! So go home, weigh yourself on a scale, write than down. Then subtract 20 from that number. And weigh that. Yeah.

Kristin Wigg is funny as hell and really hot.

midgetonadonkey
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Really good movie. I hate most movies and I thought this one was fucking brilliant. Best movie I've seen since Anchorman.

TheSanityAnnex
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Strange, the movie critics gave this so-so reviews but it sounds like everyone here enjoyed it.

TheTruth
06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Strange, the movie critics gave this so-so reviews but it sounds like everyone here enjoyed it.
It has 92% fresh on Rottentomatoes.com last I checked. Those are damn good reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/knocked_up/

TheSanityAnnex
06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
It has 92% fresh on Rottentomatoes.com last I checked. Those are damn good reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/knocked_up/

I just read my local paper and saw some gay mainstream review show on tv. I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it would be funny and you guys seem to have to have backed that thought up. I shall see it........when it comes out on dvd.

TheTruth
06-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah, it being a comedy, it's not necessary to see it at the theater. But damn it was funny.

dougp
06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
OMG this movie was hilarious ... this and Hot Fuzz are the two best comedies this year - though Superbad might have to be in there, that looks funny as hell too.

Vertigo
06-04-2007, 10:57 AM
With all the hype now it won't seem so funny to me.

Soul_Patch
06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I liked it a lot less than i thought i would. Maybe i was just too tired to really enjoy it. Saw it last night after a long weekend.

ToughActinTinactin
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
It was okay.

medstudent
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
it was funny, but all you fucks overhyped it and I was left wanting more :madrun

easjer
06-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Sorry. It's the best movie I've seen this year. Shrug.

KEDA
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Meg and I saw it today and it was very funny.

KewlKat00
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
"Five Different Styles of Chairs" might have been my favorite scene.

that might have been my favorite part of the movie too. i also really liked the whole breakfast and fetch scene.

if you enjoyed this, then i would definitely recommend freaks and geeks and undeclared (both cancelled tv shows from judd apatow).

easjer
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
that might have been my favorite part of the movie too. i also really liked the whole breakfast and fetch scene.

if you enjoyed this, then i would definitely recommend freaks and geeks and undeclared (both cancelled tv shows from judd apatow).

We talked about this in a meeting yesterday, and both of those were mentioned as great shows. I watched (and loved) both of them, though without being aware of the connection.

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, both shows were awesome. I was really bummed when Undeclared got canceled. Funny Funny show. Nice to see all those old characters from the show in the movie.

atxrocker
06-05-2007, 06:20 PM
never saw undeclared, but freaks and geeks was gold.

mikejones99
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
A big Disappointment. This movie has been pussified down so women will not be offended. Bitches. Real mens would have her get an abortion and no one would go to classes and put up with the shit that bitch does. 18 years of paying that bitch.

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
A big Disappointment. This movie has been pussified down so women will not be offended. Bitches. Real mens would have her get an abortion and no one would go to classes and put up with the shit that bitch does. 18 years of paying that bitch.
A real man wouldn't kill a baby before it's even born.

mikejones99
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
it is not a human till that cunt opens up and a little crying bastard comes out u dumbfucker. Please use protection and condoms. Thanks If you think it is against your religion to get abortions then you should not be having sex either. Abortions are great for everyone.

SpursWoman
06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Too bad your mom didn't feel the same way. :)

maxpower
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I thought the movie was hilarious. I was a bit confused why they needed three separate shots of...

mainly because there was no payoff in terms of a joke...ala the zipper shot from there's something about mary.

Jimcs50
06-06-2007, 12:20 PM

:clap

Fillmoe
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM

oh shit..... :lol :lol :lol

mFFL03
06-06-2007, 01:01 PM
OMG this movie was hilarious ... this and Hot Fuzz are the two best comedies this year - though Superbad might have to be in there, that looks funny as hell too.

Borat blew....

This movie will be funny, but theres no way it could be funnier than Hot Fuzz....

Now thats going to end up being the best movie of the year

ALVAREZ6
06-09-2007, 01:15 AM
I just got home from seein it tonight...it was a funny ass movie. I honestly didn't think it would be that good, but it's pretty good.

baseline bum
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
It was very funny. The bouncer scene was hilarious, as was Taliban guy shaking hands with the naked bitch. Still no where near as funny as Virgin though.

MrChug
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
It was very funny. The bouncer scene was hilarious, as was Taliban guy shaking hands with the naked bitch. Still no where near as funny as Virgin though.

I completely agree...great date movie too. With tits. That was great. hahaha

Buddy Holly
06-09-2007, 11:45 PM
The thing I liked about it was the stoner friends weren't too over the top, they didn't (the friends) didn't over swear, they used like the perfect amount of curse words to make it feel more normal than most movies do.

Not to mention the scene where she calls him to set up a meeting so she can tell him she's pregnant was insanely funny for the simple fact they built up what was going up. until the end where you see everyone in one big pretend orgy.

Pete: "Look at you. You're dressed like a cholo on easter weekend."

The asain doctor was great too.

The fight in the clinic after Alison makes Ben get out of the car was suprising realisitc as they get. From it starting off slightly claim to the blow up where they're so upset at each other that they say the meanest things because they just want to each other. Him walking out giving here the finger (and not in a comic way) kind of reminded me of fights I've had where you'll just walk away thinking about the worst thing you could do because you don't care at that moment.

9.5 out of 10 for me.

The two or three shots of a real pregnacy took .5 from it. :oops

DannyT
06-10-2007, 02:16 AM
chalk up another one for the it was funny as fuck column, wifey and i had a blast at this movie....the i live in your phone piece was something im goin to have to steal.....one of the smaller bits in the movie but i liked it........

v2freak
06-10-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm glad people think it's funny, because I didn't exactly think the ultra-original premise would hook many people

KewlKat00
06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Pete: "Look at you. You're dressed like a cholo on easter weekend."

i love that quote. it was one of the few i remembered. that and "now THAT'S how you get pink eye."

MoSpur
06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
The fight in the clinic after Alison makes Ben get out of the car was suprising realisitc as they get. From it starting off slightly claim to the blow up where they're so upset at each other that they say the meanest things because they just want to each other. Him walking out giving here the finger (and not in a comic way) kind of reminded me of fights I've had where you'll just walk away thinking about the worst thing you could do because you don't care at that moment.

That part was probably my favorite.

I liked the movie a lot. It was realistic in a way. The cracks on the bearded friend were hilarious.

DirkAB
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Funniest movie I've seen in years. It is a must see, and I will see it again in the theatre. People laughed so hard in the theatre that missed quite a few lines.

midgetonadonkey
06-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Deleted Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0L1tVbxj14

angel_luv
06-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Just saw it. Didn't like it.

marini martini
06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Sorry, lost my attention span :spin :toast :spin

baseline bum
06-20-2007, 12:45 AM
:lmao

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 02:14 AM
This movie was fucking awesome. Easily one of the top 10 funniest movies I've ever seen. I didn't think it was funnier than The 40-Year Old Virgin, but it was damn close.

BeerIsGood!
06-20-2007, 02:38 AM
It was a lot like the Wedding Crashers in that the first 30 minutes or so were hilarious, but then it just ran on and on and lost a lot of momentum. This guy needs to learn how to properly cut his movies down as this one should have been about 25 to 30 minutes shorter. It had it's moments, but overall I'd give it a B with the first 30 minutes or so being an A and the rest of the movie a C- or D.

johngateswhiteley
06-20-2007, 03:04 AM
It was a lot like the Wedding Crashers in that the first 30 minutes or so were hilarious, but then it just ran on and on and lost a lot of momentum. This guy needs to learn how to properly cut his movies down as this one should have been about 25 to 30 minutes shorter. It had it's moments, but overall I'd give it a B with the first 30 minutes or so being an A and the rest of the movie a C- or D.

couldn't disagree more.

MoSpur
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
It thouhgt it did drag a little, but still loved it.

BeerIsGood!
06-20-2007, 02:25 PM
couldn't disagree more.

Of course you couldn't, but luckily I really don't care.

MrChug
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I was originally cast as Ben, and for some gay fucking reason they dropped me for that fat asshole. They gave me some bullshit excuse about the fact that I demanded it be shot in Cleveland. Fuck this movie.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Probably has something to do with the fact that this guy's funny and you're not. Casting is funny like that when it comes to comedies.

Avitus1
06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm going to have to check this out I heard it was funny. Now this just confirms that I gotta see it.

Spurminator
06-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Katherine Heigl vaulted into my top 5 with that movie.