PDA

View Full Version : Victoria GTG

Deb
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Taking the cue from Houston GTG, I know there are a lot of Victoria Spurs fans. Many of us foolishly tried to get tickets today, to no avail. Can I hear from any Victoria fans who may be interested in a GTG?

Love Our Spurs in Victoria

Extra Stout
06-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Taking the cue from Houston GTG, I know there are a lot of Victoria Spurs fans. Many of us foolishly tried to get tickets today, to no avail. Can I hear from any Victoria fans who may be interested in a GTG?

Love Our Spurs in Victoria
I thought it was in the Wal-Mart parking lot, like always.

Deb
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Hopefully, that was not a put down from a fellow Spurs fan. I don't think most of us would stoop that low. Korey, can you make sure that this post stays at the top, despite this comment?

GrandeDavid
06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Deb, this guy is being an a-hole. I apologize for him, whoever the hell he is.

mookie2001
06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
there are a lot of posters from victoria
most of them live other places though

mookie2001
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
its the KMart parking lot by the way stout

and petes fina mart

Deb
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks to all you class fans. We are hoping to get a group together here - I will be taking the cue from Korey and hosting it at my home, if need be.

ducks
06-01-2007, 10:56 PM
some spur fans are fucking idiots
not the one trying to get a get together

Deb
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
its the KMart parking lot by the way stout

and petes fina mart
Mookie, evidently, you have been a way for a while. K-Mart is gone and replaced by an HEB Plus, and poor Pete from Pete's Fina Mart has passed on.

All the usual hangouts have gone away

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
damn, I would go back to V-town for this but I'm moving into my new casa...... I'll see if my brother wants to go. He's a spurs fan and he's still living in the succkzone... i mean Victoria.

CubanMustGo
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I remember when I moved into my first house :) congrats and have fun Obi!

ATXSPUR
06-02-2007, 04:35 AM
I didnt know that many people from Victoria were on here. Im actually in Victoria right now...but I live in Austin.

SRJ
06-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Hey, cool. Let me know day and time, and I'll go if schedule permits. Representing Salem Road!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I found a dead body on Salem Road once.

Deb
06-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I found a dead body on Salem Road once.
Roadkill, perhaps? :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2007, 09:02 AM
It was the body of the fabled Witch of Salem Road, when I reported her to authorities she had already resurrected.

ShoogarBear
06-02-2007, 01:39 PM
damn, I would go back to V-town for this but I'm moving into my new casa...... I'll see if my brother wants to go. He's a spurs fan and he's still living in the succkzone... i mean Victoria.Hopefully, that is not a put-down of your fellow Spurs fans.

gtownspur
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry, Fucktardia is the best!

gtownspur
06-02-2007, 03:09 PM
better than georgetown

We have the better lake!

leemajors
06-02-2007, 03:33 PM
are you referring to the VHS running back who slaughtered his girlfriend? i believe his name was David GOnzales, but i can't remember. I think he chopped her into pieces and tried to bury her by a picnic table. very creepy - used to walk by dude in the hall every day in 91 or 92.

SRJ
06-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I used to work with that guy, leemajors.

I also distantly knew a girl named Paula Green (I may not have the last name right), who was killed by her boyfriend in a murder-suicide from 1997.

Damn, violence follows me around.

Deb
06-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Victoria isn't crime ridden. Just don't go out to Saxet Lake trying to make a drug deal and you'll be ok. Otherwise, we might find your body parts clogging up the toilets there.

gtownspur
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
round rock suburb

Victoria,

Next to the ebola chimps in Alice!

gtownspur
06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Say whatever happened to those chimps at the labratory in Alice?

SRJ
06-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Alice is two hours away. That's Corpus' problem, not ours.

Deb
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Victoria,

Next to the ebola chimps in Alice!
Get your facts straight. Victoria is no where near Alice. :rolleyes

SRJ
06-02-2007, 05:25 PM
So now that we've discussed murder, drugs, suicide, the Ebola virus, Saxet Lake, Georgetown, Alice, Corpus Christi, and David Gonzalez, will there be a V-Town GTG?

I hope so.

Deb
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
So now that we've discussed murder, drugs, suicide, the Ebola virus, Saxet Lake, Georgetown, Alice, Corpus Christi, and David Gonzalez, will there be a V-Town GTG?

I hope so.
Any ideas on a good place to have it? A bunch of my coworkers showed interest, but since it is on a work night, most of them will probably weinie out.

Deb
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM

I hope so.
SRJ, do you know some other fans who might want to join in? The hardest thing about this is connecting with some hard core fans from this area. Most I know only like the Spurs when the win. If they lose, they are immediately off the bandwagon. Of course, we all know we are not going to lose the finals. :smokin

SRJ
06-02-2007, 08:40 PM
First question: Chili's or Tejas. They have TVs, drinks, and a menu with variety.

Second question: Most of the other Spurs fans I know here are casual fans. They were Mavericks/Heat fans last year and Laker fans during the three-peat. I have some family here that are Spurs lifers, but otherwise I'm it.

So - as of right now, we've got me and Deb. Anybody else?

Deb
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
First question: Chili's or Tejas. They have TVs, drinks, and a menu with variety.

Second question: Most of the other Spurs fans I know here are casual fans. They were Mavericks/Heat fans last year and Laker fans during the three-peat. I have some family here that are Spurs lifers, but otherwise I'm it.

So - as of right now, we've got me and Deb. Anybody else?
Which of the two has the largest TV screens? I can probably gather a few from work - although as I said before - they might be undependable on a work night.

Deb
06-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Another question - What about Scoreboard? do they have larger screen TV's?

SRJ
06-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Never been to Scoreboard's actually. That would be cool too. I just threw Chili's and Tejas out there for discussion. I know Tejas has the big TV in that front patio area.

How long before this topic becomes PM only?

fowl play
06-03-2007, 04:39 AM
you should have the gtg at the Brown Bag!! :drunk

Deb
06-03-2007, 08:47 AM
you should have the gtg at the Brown Bag!! :drunk
Might consider it now that there is a city smoking ban. That place was a smoke trap before - no ventilation

Deb
06-03-2007, 08:50 AM
SRG - can you believe there are more Australia fans posting on a GTG than Victoria? That sucks but glad for them.

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Soooo i talked to my brother and he can't go.

But my mom might. She wants to see the game, so if you guys are going to Tejas she will most likely be there. (she may have a school thing to take care of, but she won;t know untill wendsday)

GrandeDavid
06-03-2007, 02:04 PM
My boy Ron Gant is from Victoria. Would be huge if he were in town and attended. :p

SRJ
06-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Based on my experience in Spurs fandom, I'm not surprised by the strong Aussie representation at all.

It would be nice to hear from more Victoria fans, but Thursday's a long way off. Maybe some more will come out of the woodwork.

Are we set on Tejas for the venue?

Deb
06-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Based on my experience in Spurs fandom, I'm not surprised by the strong Aussie representation at all.

It would be nice to hear from more Victoria fans, but Thursday's a long way off. Maybe some more will come out of the woodwork.

Are we set on Tejas for the venue?
Sounds good to me. Do we need to call for a reservation? Do they have a nice size TV to view from?

UV Ray
06-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Asshole.

SequSpur
06-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm in, put me down for some borracho beans.

leemajors
06-04-2007, 03:22 AM
My boy Ron Gant is from Victoria. Would be huge if he were in town and attended. :p
my best friend's older brother still hangs out with ron occasionally - they went to high school together.

Deb
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Ok, this is the deal. Didn't get enough committments to reserve anything at Tejas, so a few of us will go to Scoreboard (we know they'll have the game on there). I will be there with my Spurs "Team is Everything" shirt on, unless something comes up. See you there.

Deb
06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry guys, but something has come up

I JUST GOT TICKETS FOR THE GAME TOMORROW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 10:09 PM

I JUST GOT TICKETS FOR THE GAME TOMORROW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Damn, burrrrn! :lol

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
I believe we've just seen the first recorded demonstration of GTG blue balls.

tlongII
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Who is Victoria?

Is she hot?

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Who is Victoria?
Biped.

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Who is Victoria?

Is she hot?
yeah, she's new. I think you'd like her (http://greenfield.fortunecity.com/garden/156/sheep.jpg) :spin

Deb
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Who is Victoria?

Is she hot?
Damn right, she's hot -as are all Spurs fans :smokin :smokin

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM

I JUST GOT TICKETS FOR THE GAME TOMORROW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

The Victoria GTG's only attendee cancelled. :depressed

If you have a GTG in Victoria and no one is there to see it, does it really exist?

Question

:cooldevil

Deb
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM

The Victoria GTG's only attendee cancelled. :depressed

If you have a GTG in Victoria and no one is there to see it, does it really exist?

Question

:cooldevil
Ok, as a fan to a supposed fan - what the hell do you care? Were you planning on attending - if so, you didn't RSVP. Attend a viewing party or go to the game - what would you do?

At least I tried to put something together. What have you done lately toward that effor? :dizzy

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok, as a fan to a supposed fan - what the hell do you care? Were you planning on attending - if so, you didn't RSVP. Attend a viewing party or go to the game - what would you do?

At least I tried to put something together. What have you done lately toward that effor? :dizzy

Deb, please, there is no bigger fan than me....ok....TPark is a bigger fan, but other than TPark I am the biggest Spurs fan out there. I love the Spurs like I love that hole in my head...or something like that.

I just find it interesting that someone posts a thread about a GTG only to cancel it only a few posts later. You need to sack up and follow through with your GTG. Give those tickets to someone else. You've made a commitment girl, now stick to it! That's what champions are made of. Don't wuss out on me honey...Victoria is counting on you!!!

Deb
06-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Deb, please, there is no bigger fan than me....ok....TPark is a bigger fan, but other than TPark I am the biggest Spurs fan out there. I love the Spurs like I love that hole in my head...or something like that.

I just find it interesting that someone posts a thread about a GTG only to cancel it only a few posts later. You need to sack up and follow through with your GTG. Give those tickets to someone else. You've made a commitment girl, now stick to it! That's what champions are made of. Don't wuss out on me honey...Victoria is counting on you!!!
But, you don't understand. There wasn't one full committment outside of myself. Had I been able to put something together, I wouldn't have even been looking for tickets. Just get your facts straight before you criticize a fellow fan. :elephant

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
But, you don't understand. There wasn't one full committment outside of myself. Had I been able to put something together, I wouldn't have even been looking for tickets. Just get your facts straight before you criticize a fellow fan. :elephant

It's called humor, sweetie, as twisted and misdirected as it might be toward a newbie.

BTW, I heard that there's a new birth control pill coming out that totally eliminates periods, and thereby eliminating the the moodiness often preceeding this blessed monthly event.

Just a little FYI from a fellow fan.

Deb
06-06-2007, 11:51 PM
It's called humor, sweetie, as twisted and misdirected as it might be toward a newbie.

BTW, I heard that there's a new birth control pill coming out that totally eliminates periods, and thereby eliminating the the moodiness often preceeding this blessed monthly event.

Just a little FYI from a fellow fan.
News flash Ed - I'm way past the period thing, and as far as a newbie, I have probably been reading posts on this site long before you came on board. Hell, I was probably a Spurs fans before you were born. :smokin

Bear Grylls
06-06-2007, 11:53 PM
News flash Ed - I'm way past the period thing, and as far as a newbie, I have probably been reading posts on this site long before you came on board. Hell, I was probably a Spurs fans before you were born. :smokin

50's?

Deb
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
50's?
Somthing like that

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM

I can't talk to you anymore if you're an old lady. My mom said you old ladies like surfing the internet and doing bad things to young boys like myself.

BTW, it's quite obvious to me from your post that you've got a comprehensive knowledge of the posters on this site. :tu

Deb
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM

I can't talk to you anymore if you're an old lady. My mom said you old ladies like surfing the internet and doing bad things to young boys like myself.

BTW, it's quite obvious to me from your post that you've got a compreshensive knowledge of the posters on this site. :tu

Yep, these old ladies can show you young whipper snapper helicopter boys a few things. Glad you listened to your mom, Ed.

On the second point, glad you came to that observation. By the way, comprehensive is not spelled compreshensive. Sounds like you had a few too many pre-game beers tonight. :smokin

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2007, 12:07 AM
On the second point, glad you came to that observation. By the way, comprehensive is not spelled compreshensive. Sounds like you had a few too many pre-game beers tonight.

Thanks for the tip Grandma!

Somthing like that

There wasn't one full committment outside of myself.

Deb
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the tip Grandma!
Welcome, sonny boy :dramaquee