PDA

View Full Version : Hey Battlestar Gallactica Fan(s).

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2007, 05:31 AM
You're pwned

http://tv.yahoo.com/battlestar-galactica/show/36672/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070601:battlestar_dc

velik_m
06-02-2007, 06:12 AM
BG sucks. I tried watching it, but somewhere in the middle of the 1st season i just quit. It's boring, doesn't make much sense and the budged must really limited, if they can't afford a steady camera. I was rooting for the Cylons to wipe them out so it would end.

Summers
06-02-2007, 06:59 AM
BG sucks. I tried watching it, but somewhere in the middle of the 1st season i just quit. It's boring, doesn't make much sense and the budged must really limited, if they can't afford a steady camera. I was rooting for the Cylons to wipe them out so it would end.

I didn't think it made any sense until I saw the miniseries that kicked off the show, and then I got it. I think it's very well written, and I'm not a sci-fi fan. My hsuband's going to be really disappointed.

ObiwanGinobili
06-02-2007, 07:39 AM
I kinda knew already..... :(

but I am glad they are completeing the show and not just cutting it off.

BSG friggin RAWKS!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I love sci fi and could never get into it. Every time I watched it they were having a meeting in some council room and just talking away. Every time. From the looks of it I'd would have rather watched the original :smchode:

exstatic
06-02-2007, 08:42 AM
but I am glad they are completeing the show and not just cutting it off.
The did that with Babylon 5: Crusade. Twelve episodes, then nothing...:dizzy

CubanMustGo
06-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I love sci fi and could never get into it. Every time I watched it they were having a meeting in some council room and just talking away. Every time. From the looks of it I'd would have rather watched the original :smchode:

The original totally sucked. The new BG is so much better but you actually have to pay attention and buy into the concept - and seeing it from the start makes a huge difference.

Definitely not a program for those looking for instant gratification or those with short attention spans.

cherylsteele
06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
The original totally sucked. The new BG is so much better but you actually have to pay attention and buy into the concept - and seeing it from the start makes a huge difference.

Definitely not a program for those looking for instant gratification or those with short attention spans.
True about the original.......along with it being a rip-off on Star Wars.

Wild Cobra
06-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Very true. The show is very complex with it's religious correlations, man's internal demons, and the way people interact. For those of us who can keep up with all the nuances, the show is absolutely awesome. I would still prefer more action mixed in. Too bad it doesn't return till 2008, probably in January.

I just wish Stargate SG-1 wasn't over. For those who say "what?" the last episode originally aired in Canada 3/13/07, but won't be in the USA till 6/22/07. I love the way the mythology of our world is worked into the story lines. I guess they are tired and called it quits after ten years. Sure, Stargate Atlantis will continue into a 4th season and has come great concepts involving the lost city of Atlantis.

Anyone hear of Capricorn? Some time back, there was talk of a spin-off of Battlestar Galactica in the works. What I heard, it is from 40 years earlier during the Cylon rebellion.

06-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Since they brought BSG back, how about this?

http://web-worthy.com/saab/graphics/badges/wildcard.gif

velik_m
06-02-2007, 12:24 PM

It had the most annoying music ever. Apart from that and the technomage, it wasn't that bad.

exstatic
06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Very true. The show is very complex with it's religious correlations, man's internal demons, and the way people interact. For those of us who can keep up with all the nuances, the show is absolutely awesome. I would still prefer more action mixed in. Too bad it doesn't return till 2008, probably in January.

I just wish Stargate SG-1 wasn't over. For those who say "what?" the last episode originally aired in Canada 3/13/07, but won't be in the USA till 6/22/07. I love the way the mythology of our world is worked into the story lines. I guess they are tired and called it quits after ten years. Sure, Stargate Atlantis will continue into a 4th season and has come great concepts involving the lost city of Atlantis.

Anyone hear of Capricorn? Some time back, there was talk of a spin-off of Battlestar Galactica in the works. What I heard, it is from 40 years earlier during the Cylon rebellion.
Just a rumor, but I heard they're going to do another SG show after SG-1 is finished. I think they still need Earth based teams to sort of "anchor" Atlantis, and interact with it.

I think the actors got tired of the grind of a weekly one hour show production schedule.

velik_m
06-02-2007, 03:44 PM
They're gping to make a couple of SG movies.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 04:51 AM

Didn't know you were a Bab 5 fan, Ex. :) Seasons 2-4 were some of the best Sci-Fi ever written IMHO, questionable production quality be damned (it was low-budget after all).

Velik - I reckon you gave up too early. It really hits its stride in the late first season, like most sci-fi shows. For eg, Star Trek TNG was crap until late season 2, DS9 the same and Voyager really improved once they got away from the Kazon, dumbest enemy ever on a sci-fi show (they can make spaceships but not water!?!).

Sci-Fi shows need to be watched into their 2nd season to truly be judged methinks.

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Didn't know you were a Bab 5 fan, Ex. :) Seasons 2-4 were some of the best Sci-Fi ever written IMHO, questionable production quality be damned (it was low-budget after all).

Velik - I reckon you gave up too early. It really hits its stride in the late first season, like most sci-fi shows. For eg, Star Trek TNG was crap until late season 2, DS9 the same and Voyager really improved once they got away from the Kazon, dumbest enemy ever on a sci-fi show (they can make spaceships but not water!?!).
Sci-Fi shows need to be watched into their 2nd season to truly be judged methinks.

Oh ITA with just about everything you said here. :tu
FTR, Star Trek TNG is my fav ST of all time. Possible my fav sci-fi of all time as well but I havn;t quite decided that yet. Seasons 5 and 6 were the best IMO. Season 7 a close 2nd... although the Troi/Worf side story all season was pissing me off after 6 years of Troi/Riker Imzadi teasing. Batard writers.

Babylon 5 was incredible sci-fi. Absolutely awesome. And it completely blows that they never got the budget $$ they deserved on that show.

Back to the topic at hand..... BSG is not an episodic show (like TNG, DS9, SG-SG1 etc). You have to start with the mini-series and watch it from the the beginging..... and it is INTENSE. The show has everything... political intrigue, disaster, drama, comedy, love, conflict, etc etc. Another poster said it right - the subtleties. For those who are watching every week a small thing happens on screen that a casual viewer is like WTF? but for the rest of us is a BIG revelation.
I really gotta give a hand to Ronald D Moore (who developed and honed his skill at ST:TNG by the way) and to the actors on this show who can carry this long EPIC off. Wow.

oh... why are we even mentioning Stargate SG=1 in this thread??

velik_m
06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Cause SG-1 rocks!

Firefly - now there's a show that shouldn't get cancelled.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Firefly's cancellation was THE SINGLE GREATEST NETWORK TV TRAVESTY OF ALL TIME.

Fox hired Joss Whedon, then they purposely sabotaged his show by airing the episodes IN THE WRONG ORDER, which no doubt killed the ratings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_tv

Joss builds shows that, like BSG, need to be watched over time as many of the story arcs g o at least a season, and some longer.

Shame on you Fox, you prematurely killed one of the coolest TV shows ever. :depressed :devil

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I <3 firefly.

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
just because of this thead i am using my cyclon avi again.

06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Firefly's cancellation was THE SINGLE GREATEST NETWORK TV TRAVESTY OF ALL TIME.

Fox hired Joss Whedon, then they purposely sabotaged his show by airing the episodes IN THE WRONG ORDER, which no doubt killed the ratings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_tv

Joss builds shows that, like BSG, need to be watched over time as many of the story arcs g o at least a season, and some longer.

Shame on you Fox, you prematurely killed one of the coolest TV shows ever. :depressed :devil

Fox has a history of doing that.

Space: Above And Beyond
Harsh Realm
Fastlane

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Fox has a history of doing that.

Space: Above And Beyond
Harsh Realm
Fastlane

Never saw Harsh Realm or Fastlane, but S:AAB was a favourite of mine. Although it could be total crap, it could also be genius. There was an episode called 'Who watches the watchers?" which goes down as one of my favourite TV eps of any show ever.

What ever happened to Glen Morgan and Wong, the guys who created it (and a lot of the X-Files)?

efrem1
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Let's make sure that they don't make the same mistake as the original and put out Galatica 2010; I just dug the flying motorcycles in the original. :lol