PDA

View Full Version : LeBron-asms

Guajalote
06-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Okay, ESPN. Enough! We get it. LeBron is a good player. Yup. Covered that one. Sure had himself "one for the ages."

I used to be like Tony. I didn't much care who we played. But now, I'm pulling for Detroit. Why?

Is it because they'll offer the best competition? No.

Is it because they would be easier for us to beat? No.

Is it because a San Antonio vs. Detroit series would be "boring", and according to whiners in the media would make everybody watch Full House reruns instead? Tempting to say yes, but no.

My reason for rooting for Detroit is so that we can hear the Spurs get mentioned in the news.

In a Spurs/Pistons series, with each game the Spurs would win, we might actually get a mention or two about somebody on our team having a great game. Even for each game the Spurs would lose, the Pistons TEAM would have contributed something, I'm sure.

But, in a Spurs/Cavs series, with each Spurs win, it would be, "Watch this LeBron DUNK! AWESOME!!! Oh yeah, the Spurs won. Anyway, let's watch that dunk again!"

Heaven forbid, the Spurs should lose a game to the Cavs. If that happened...

LET THE LEBRON-ASMS BEGIN!!!

mikeanthony21
06-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Okay, ESPN. Enough! We get it. LeBron is a good player. Yup. Covered that one. Sure had himself "one for the ages."

I used to be like Tony. I didn't much care who we played. But now, I'm pulling for Detroit. Why?

Is it because they'll offer the best competition? No.

Is it because they would be easier for us to beat? No.

Is it because a San Antonio vs. Detroit series would be "boring", and according to whiners in the media would make everybody watch Full House reruns instead? Tempting to say yes, but no.

My reason for rooting for Detroit is so that we can hear the Spurs get mentioned in the news.

In a Spurs/Pistons series, with each game the Spurs would win, we might actually get a mention or two about somebody on our team having a great game. Even for each game the Spurs would lose, the Pistons TEAM would have contributed something, I'm sure.

But, in a Spurs/Cavs series, with each Spurs win, it would be, "Watch this LeBron DUNK! AWESOME!!! Oh yeah, the Spurs won. Anyway, let's watch that dunk again!"

Heaven forbid, the Spurs should lose a game to the Cavs. If that happened...

LET THE LEBRON-ASMS BEGIN!!!

I'm not ready to say this is going to be a Spurs/Cavs Finals. I think the Pistons' pride and self-respect will be on the line tonight in Game 6 then they'll take the series and put all the LeBron ManLovers at BSPN to sleep... permanently.

romain.star
06-02-2007, 10:32 AM
i give a shit about the media coverage... just bring back the fourth ring... fuck everything else

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
once again, the spurs not getting the coverage works in our favor by keeping us 'under the radar' not unlike our regular seasons and playoff runs for the past 2 decades

Spurminator
06-02-2007, 12:13 PM
The Cavs Pistons series is the only series going right now. It makes perfect sense for the coverage to center around that.

At least it's not Kobe.

Obstructed_View
06-02-2007, 01:46 PM
once again, the spurs not getting the coverage works in our favor by keeping us 'under the radar' not unlike our regular seasons and playoff runs for the past 2 decades
Yeah, it's amazing that more Spurs fans aren't counting their blessings for that. If game five had been a snorefest like the first four ESPN would be talking about how the Spurs are the greatest team ever and they'd go out and blow game one of the finals.