PDA

View Full Version : Help, please.

BreezeHillBill
06-02-2007, 11:29 AM
If this is a dumb question, it isn't my first. Under my log-in the posting rules say I cannot post attachments. And I can't figure out why. Any input would be appreciated.

Obstructed_View
06-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Attachments use server space. I think it's disabled for everyone for that reason, as it's at a premium. If you want to post something, you can store it somewhere else and post a link. I have a free photobucket account for stuff like that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-02-2007, 11:36 AM
None of us can.

Are you trying to post an image?

BreezeHillBill
06-02-2007, 11:44 AM
None of us can.

Are you trying to post an image?
Images, and I was trying to post a link to a newspaper article the other day.
Also, thanks for your input Obstructed View.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Images, and I was trying to post a link to a newspaper article the other day.
Also, thanks for your input Obstructed View.

As far as images go, you need a photo host (either your own webspace or ImageShack.us works fine).

You post the image in the thread by pasting the link to the image with image tags around it (or you can use the post image button right above where you type your post).

[ IMG ]http://www.myphotogoeshere.jpg[ /IMG ]

Without the spaces inside those tags.

As far as links go, just post them in your copy and they'll link (or you can use the Insert Hyperlink button above).

BreezeHillBill
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM
As far as images go, you need a photo host (either your own webspace or ImageShack.us works fine).

You post the image in the thread by pasting the link to the image with image tags around it (or you can use the post image button right above where you type your post).

[ IMG ]http://www.myphotogoeshere.jpg[ /IMG ]

Without the spaces inside those tags.

As far as links go, just post them in your copy and they'll link (or you can use the Insert Hyperlink button above).
Thanks 1 million. Preciate ya.
Today's Cedric Golden (www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/06/02/0602golden.html)

BreezeHillBill
06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks 1 million. Preciate ya.
Today's Cedric Golden (www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/06/02/0602golden.html)
It works. Yay. Check out the link to Austin American Statesman today. What happens when an unsuspecting rookie reporter throws a stupid question at Pop?