PDA

View Full Version : Jean Claude Van Damme sighting.

Buddy Holly
06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Dude was at the Fort Sam PX signing autograph's and taking pictures.

Taller than I expected him to be, he's around 5'10 legit.

Shelly
06-02-2007, 04:42 PM
He probably had lifts in his shoes.

SA210
06-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Is he still here?

SA210
06-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I found out that he's at the Lackland BX right now till about 6:30 signing autographs.

ZStomp
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm so there...........

not.

Shelly
06-02-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm so there...........

not.

Where's the love for The Muscles From Brussels? Sheesh.

ZStomp
06-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Now if it was Steven Seagal....:tu

MaNuMaNiAc
06-02-2007, 05:38 PM
5 10' is tall?

SA210
06-02-2007, 05:40 PM
5 10' is tall?
it's been rumored that he's very short.

leemajors
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
compared to cruise and melly gibson that's gigantic - my wife saw gibson late last year at the south lamar drafthouse and he was 5'6" or shorter.

Buddy Holly
06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
5 10' is tall?

When you hear the guy is short (like Stallone) and then see him in person (although he could have been really lifts) and see that he's a decent 5'10, it's somewhat shocking.

SA210
06-03-2007, 12:48 AM
When you hear the guy is short (like Stallone) and then see him in person (although he could have been really lifts) and see that he's a decent 5'10, it's somewhat shocking.
How did you find out about him being here? Did you just happen to be there or did you know he was coming? I wanted to go to Lackland, but I didn't have clearance to go on base.

:pctoss

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Just walked in and saw a big group of people in front of a table with someone signing stuff, didn't know who as people were blocking the signer but as I looked there was a big sign advertising Until Death, it was the DVD cover but blown up to about 20 by 10 and placed over the signing table. So I figured it was him and sure enough, it was.

There was a bunch of promotional stuff in the signing aarea as well.

SA210
06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Just walked in and saw a big group of people in front of a table with someone signing stuff, didn't know who as people were blocking the signer but as I looked there was a big sign advertising Until Death, it was the DVD cover but blown up to about 20 by 10 and placed over the signing table. So I figured it was him and sure enough, it was.

There was a bunch of promotional stuff in the signing aarea as well.
Thanks for the info!

Damn, I wish I could've been there. They said at Lackland that the line was wrapped around the BX. Man, back in 96 I made sure I was in the front row of the Planet Hollywood opening so i could get to see him to get his autograph, but he didn't come to the SA opening. Now I missed this.

:bang

Did you take any pics with a camera phone or anything?

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I didn't, but my girlfriend did.

I'll try to get them online.

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Funny thing, I actually saw someone give him a script. He took it, gave it to the woman sitting next to him and she placed it on the ground besides her seat. I am presuming it is now in the trash somewhere.

He could have had the next Godfather or Raging Bull in his hands. :lol

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Another thing, and this literally made me laugh. I'm walking around looking at clothes and two guys are talking and I over hear him say "There's way too many people in line for a Van Damme signing. Now I'd understand if it were someone like... Angelina [Jolie]."

I laughed and the guy looks at me as says "Right?" I said probab;y.

But the thing is, I'm not going to hate on the guy, he was huge in the 90's, I watched Bloodsport, Cyborg, Timecop, Double Impact, hell even Street Fighter and Double Team.

I can understand why people were there waiting in line, they were or still are fans of the guy. Knock him now and that's fine in my book but don't deny the guys history.

SA210
06-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Another thing, and this literally made me laugh. I'm walking around looking at clothes and two guys are talking and I over hear him say "There's way too many people in line for a Van Damme signing. Now I'd understand if it were someone like... Angelina [Jolie]."

I laughed and the guy looks at me as says "Right?" I said probab;y.

But the thing is, I'm not going to hate on the guy, he was huge in the 90's, I watched Bloodsport, Cyborg, Timecop, Double Impact, hell even Street Fighter and Double Team.

I can understand why people were there waiting in line, they were or still are fans of the guy. Knock him now and that's fine in my book but don't deny the guys history.
Yea, I grew up watching all his movies.

As a kid, he was my idol, seriously. People can rag on him all they want, but I loved those movies he did in the late 80's and early 90's. To me , Bloodsport is a classic (what guy doesn't like Bloodsport?), I love Kickboxer, Lionheart was the bomb, it was the 90's, hell I liked all his movies, they were awesome, and I think Timecop had to be his best work, definitely his most critically acclaimed film.

Man, when I was a kid, I learned all his moves and even learned how to do the split, everyone at school called me Van Damme. :lol

It would be cool if you could get those pics up. Thanks.

SA210
06-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Funny thing, I actually saw someone give him a script. He took it, gave it to the woman sitting next to him and she placed it on the ground besides her seat. I am presuming it is now in the trash somewhere.

He could have had the next Godfather or Raging Bull in his hands. :lol
Damn, :lol