PDA

View Full Version : Haha the Cavs...what will be the margin of victory

Amarelooms
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I predict the Spurs win in 5 if not sweep. Spurs win by average on 15 points. Cleveland is a BAD team...can't believe the Pistons about to lose to them lol :elephant Congrats Spurs on another ring!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
thanks amare, you're a pretty alright guy :tu

ponky
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
you're probably right...as long as he doesn't somehow continue to collect all those points while not making field goals

ZStomp
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Don't be a fool.

The Cavs won't be as easy as you think.

Diesel
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
As long as LeBron doesn't average 30 FT a game in the Finals the Spurs will win this one easy. I'd honestly be surprised if the Cavs win one game. Should be entertaining to see all these cocky Cleveland fans get owned.

Spurs win in either 4 or 6.

Amarelooms
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Don't be a fool.

Just like the Jazz were? Only team that could beat the Spurs was the Mavs and they choked. Don;t fool your self...a one man team not gonna beat the Spurs :elephant

ZStomp
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh I'm optimistic...I'm confident the Spurs will win but I just don't believe it will be as easy. Cleveland will (if they win) be in the FInals for a reason. They didn't get there by mistake.

ponky
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
i don't think it will be quite as easy as most are thinking either...depends on the mental focus of the cavs as this will be their first finals while the spurs are used to it. daniel gibson doesn't look fazed at all when he gets his hands on the ball and ilgauskas can play in the paint. he was in a funk towards the end of the season but i think that was all about the stillborn baby they had. anyway, i'm looking forward to it, the cavs need to go in with the attitude that they have nothing to lose and just be loose, lebron will be ready, it's a chance to show his stuff on the big stage and even up on the bling with his friend, wade

ponky
06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Just like the Jazz were? Only team that could beat the Spurs was the Mavs and they choked. Don;t fool your self...a one man team not gonna beat the Spurs :elephant

um, a one man team? that was the other night, you must not be watching tonight's game. look, i think the spurs will probably win, but it's not going to be as easy as your premature ass predicts...and i know all about your premature ejacs from throughout the season so don't get me started.

ZStomp
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
^^You said premature..:lol

ponky
06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
lol, two starters foul out on the pistons side and lebron just now with three minutes left in the game picked up his first

SPARKY
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
The Spurs are good enough to make the Cavs a 'one-man team' again.

J.T.
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Has Lebron actually played a team worth a damn in this playoffs yet? Washington, NJ, and somehow Detroit chokes? Lebron just cakewalked to the Finals, while the Spurs put away solid teams. I'm disappointed because now when the Spurs win, the world will talk about what Lebron couldn't do rather than give the Spurs props. Sad.

HJNTX
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks Amare ... sounds like you're a class act..

ducks
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM
spurs will not sweep

they always lay a egg in game 3 up 2-0

ponky
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Has Lebron actually played a team worth a damn in this playoffs yet? Washington, NJ, and somehow Detroit chokes? Lebron just cakewalked to the Finals, while the Spurs put away solid teams. I'm disappointed because now when the Spurs win, the world will talk about what Lebron couldn't do rather than give the Spurs props. Sad.

Meh, you could also say the Jazz and Nuggets didn't do shit either, don't give me this crap about *solid* teams in a lame attempt to diss the Cavs when they should be congratulated on getting to the FInals, same as the Spurs (which I did congratulate). Everyone knew the Suns/Spurs series was pretty much the series of the WC this season with the other two matchups just filler and the Warriors took care of the Mavs for the Spurs which just made the Spurs' path even easier than was initially anticipated. Anyway, the Cavs got a really lucky draw with the Wizards and the Nets should be a better team with Kidd, Carter and Jefferson but they underperform and IMO, Carter's a whiny cancer and their crap regular season record had a lot to do with Jefferson's injury more than anything else. So yeah, they lucked out with those two teams but at least give them credit for beating the Pistons who were up two games and took the fifth game to overtime...this is only the third time that's happened (coming back from 2-0 deficit to win the conference finals). All I know is, they've swept a team worth a couple of damns and Lebron has a great knack for scoring with or WITHOUT the field goals, good luck in the Finals.

Besides, why do you care whether the Spurs get props or not if you guys win the ring? That's all that matters.

B and P Cats
06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Don't be a fool.

:clap :clap A return of the DWade Show of last year. Only this time it is the Lebron Show!

florige
06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
:clap :clap A return of the DWade Show of last year. Only this time it is the Lebron Show!

The D-Wade show included a guest star named Shaq!

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
spurs will not sweep

they always lay a egg in game 3 up 2-0

Yeah...they will probably lose Game 3, but the Spurs will still win the series in 5 games. :toast

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2007, 12:55 AM
one of the differences between Lebron and wade, Wade makes his FTs at a consistent rate.

Amarelooms
06-03-2007, 12:56 AM
um, a one man team? that was the other night, you must not be watching tonight's game. look, i think the spurs will probably win, but it's not going to be as easy as your premature ass predicts...and i know all about your premature ejacs from throughout the season so don't get me started.

Haha my premature ejacs are all over your...ummm never mind :elephant

How many games did Cleveland win this year? They are a mediocre team at best....Spurs are by far superior...any moron knows that :elephant

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Don't even know why you spurs fan can't see Amarelooms is trying to jinx your team but......I mean it's not like I really care or anything...I'm just saying.

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Don't even know why you spurs fan can't see Amarelooms is trying to jinx your team but......I mean it's not like I really care or anything...I'm just saying.

There is no such thing as a jinx. There is only good basketball and not-so-good basketball. The Spurs play good basketball. Spurs in 5. BOOK IT!!!

Amarelooms

No I'm not..how can I jinx them on a freakin message board lol. I want the Spurs to win...rather a Texas team win...plus Duncan et al seem like good guys :elephant

Chris Childs
There is no such thing as a jinx. There is only good basketball and not-so-good basketball. The Spurs play good basketball. Spurs in 5. BOOK IT!!!

QUOTED.

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM
QUOTED.

...and wisely so! :toast

B and P Cats
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that you should win, I just doubt that you will. Especially with Stern in charge and LeBron playing against you.

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 01:07 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that you should win, I just doubt that you will. Especially with Stern in charge and LeBron playing against you.

Spurs in 5. BOOK IT!!! :toast

B and P Cats
06-03-2007, 01:41 AM
We'll See!!!

TakeThat
06-03-2007, 10:38 AM
why don't you wait till we play at least one game before making your predictions.

I like cocky fans though, makes it easier to shut them up when they are proven wrong.

B and P Cats
06-04-2007, 12:58 AM
why don't you wait till we play at least one game before making your predictions.

I like cocky fans though, makes it easier to shut them up when they are proven wrong.

I have been reading this board for a long time (I just don't always write), and believe me, you don't shut these guys up easily. They will whine until there is no tomorrow or ref bash for pages on end. (I've seen it!)

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I have been reading this board for a long time (I just don't always write)
And you didn't bother to register until last week. :lol

B and P Cats
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM
And you didn't bother to register until last week. :lol

Why is this a problem for you?

poster
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Has Duncan gotten that salty taste out of his mouth from earlier this year? http://slamonline.com/online/2006/11/lebron-crowns-tim-duncan/

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Why is this a problem for you?
Why would you think it's a problem? I'm sure you just sat here reading quietly for years and never felt the need to even register until last week and now you can't seem to stop posting. Why wouldn't you think someone would find that funny? Did you get your account banned or did you just get tired of being made fun of?

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Has Duncan gotten that salty taste out of his mouth from earlier this year? http://slamonline.com/online/2006/11/lebron-crowns-tim-duncan/
Timmy jumped so high I don't know how Lebron was able to elevate over him. I never knew Duncan had hops like that.

ang_mysteryo
06-04-2007, 01:33 AM
actually guys, the bitter pill for the spurs in this series is not lebron alone.....

new jersey is very tough because of its solid players (jkidd, carter, jefferson) so don't just negate them....

detroit is always on high gear given the outcome of the games in the series is always grind-it-out until the last secs....

cleveland earned the right to represent the east because of two reasons:

1. lebron james - he creates for everybody....unfortunately, it's not his scoring that is difficult to check but his team-playing skills.... he can involve anybody, anytime in a given night.... just like tim (that's why i admire both of them as team leaders)
2. defensive philosophies that GP himself shared w/ MBrown....

so, the bitter pill will be the defense of the cavs that has carried them all along the playoffs....

but the spurs will always have the big edge....

Isaac
06-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Cavs D sucks

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Unless Lebron averages 40ppg and a triple double, this series is over in 5.

ang_mysteryo
06-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Cavs D sucks

yeah... their D sucks....

and i don't know how the spurs will deal with them....

it always sucks when you don't know the strengths of you opponent....

B and P Cats
06-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Why would you think it's a problem? I'm sure you just sat here reading quietly for years and never felt the need to even register until last week and now you can't seem to stop posting. Why wouldn't you think someone would find that funny? Did you get your account banned or did you just get tired of being made fun of?

My non exixtant account was not banned. I signed up and started writing when someone started a good thread about the Bobcats. Actually my posting has been limited, but now that I'm here, it's fun to speak my mind. Sorry, I don't feel made fun of. I've read this site long enough to know not take anything personally.

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 09:13 AM
My non exixtant account was not banned. I signed up and started writing when someone started a good thread about the Bobcats. Actually my posting has been limited, but now that I'm here, it's fun to speak my mind. Sorry, I don't feel made fun of. I've read this site long enough to know not take anything personally.
It's your world, dogg. :rolleyes

Hook Dem
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Nothing wrong with your thought but it ain't gonna happen! :nope

ang_mysteryo
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
one of the differences between Lebron and wade, Wade makes his FTs at a consistent rate.

does that make him a better player?

i believe duncan is better than kobe..... what'd u say? :spin

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 10:02 AM

And the Lebron Show will include a guest star named "Boobie"..
:lmao :lmao :lmao

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the Cavs will win it in 6, I think they have played better defense (by far) than anybody in the NBA this postseason. Defense is what wins championships, San Antonio has better offensive players than Cleveland does, just like Detroit did, however any perceived advantage in that category goes right out the window when you consider tha Lebron James makes his teammates look like all-stars on a nightly basis. Duncan does as well, don't get me wrong, but Timmy will not take over games in this series the way James will when Cleveland goes big against Duncan with their big men and also throwing smoe double-teams at him for good measure. Cleveland does a great job of sticking to their assignments so easy baskets will be a premium in this series. I'm going to predict right now that just like the series between Cleveland and Detroit, the Cavs will want to play a more deliberate pace while the Spurs will want to increase the tempo.

Also, I think Cleveland's backcourt will hound Ginobli and Parker and not allow them to get to the basket easily. These guys will be forced to start their drives from farther out and will not have the straight shots that they did against Utah and Phoenix.

Finally, and this is no disrespect to SA's run, but I am not buying into the idea that the West is somehow much better than the East in terms of top-end talent before the games have even been played. Cleveland could have made the same run through the same teams that SA did save probably Phoenix, Utah and Denver are really not that great. Finally, Lebron James is going to take over in the Finals just like against Detroit, he has shown that as great as he has been, he can elevate his game to an entirely different level in the playoffs, and now he has the entire team playing with the confidence and attitude of a champion. They came back from down 2-0 and made a complete 180 into the team that we are watching right now, the Cavs may not be as experienced as the Spurs but I think they are even more hot right now coming in, and alot of the time that is all that it takes.

101A
06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
I think the Cavs will win it in 6, I think they have played better defense (by far) than anybody in the NBA this postseason. Defense is what wins championships, San Antonio has better offensive players than Cleveland does, just like Detroit did, however any perceived advantage in that category goes right out the window when you consider tha Lebron James makes his teammates look like all-stars on a nightly basis. Duncan does as well, don't get me wrong, but Timmy will not take over games in this series the way James will when Cleveland goes big against Duncan with their big men and also throwing smoe double-teams at him for good measure. Cleveland does a great job of sticking to their assignments so easy baskets will be a premium in this series. I'm going to predict right now that just like the series between Cleveland and Detroit, the Cavs will want to play a more deliberate pace while the Spurs will want to increase the tempo.

Also, I think Cleveland's backcourt will hound Ginobli and Parker and not allow them to get to the basket easily. These guys will be forced to start their drives from farther out and will not have the straight shots that they did against Utah and Phoenix.

Finally, and this is no disrespect to SA's run, but I am not buying into the idea that the West is somehow much better than the East in terms of top-end talent before the games have even been played. Cleveland could have made the same run through the same teams that SA did save probably Phoenix, Utah and Denver are really not that great. Finally, Lebron James is going to take over in the Finals just like against Detroit, he has shown that as great as he has been, he can elevate his game to an entirely different level in the playoffs, and now he has the entire team playing with the confidence and attitude of a champion. They came back from down 2-0 and made a complete 180 into the team that we are watching right now, the Cavs may not be as experienced as the Spurs but I think they are even more hot right now coming in, and alot of the time that is all that it takes.

More Hot? Did you watch game 5 of the Utah Series?

How can you determine how good the Cavs defense is? They haven't played a good offense yet! Spurs played 1 (Phoenix) and 2 (Nuggets) - in the whole league!

thispego
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM
hahaha, damn, cavs fans are already delusional. the east BLOWS compared to the west. there is no room for arguement

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Cleveland played a decimated Washington team in the 'first round' this year, a team not that great to begin with. Essentially, they've only played 2 rounds in the postseason so far.

I don't see Cleveland making it past Phoenix, by the way, and Utah is a stretch.