PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me?

PeterBurns
06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Or Does is just feel like Coach Pop is about to make Mike Brown his personal biaatch.

After watching Brown on the sidelines, and in the after game interview. It just doesn't seem right.

For whatever reason, I just can imagine every time out going something like this...

"Guys you're playing well. Everything looks good, let's keep up the energy, Lebron your on fire...Guys lets give the ball to Lebron. Lebron...IS that okay with you....Anybody need a rest"

Which I guess can work as they don't seem to be coached, but rather managed. But honestly, in the NBA Finals, even seasoned teams need to be coached, not just managed.

SpursFanFirst
06-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I hope you're right! And at this point, I'm thinking that Gibson scares me more than James! He was crazy good tonight!
BTW...how are you feeling?

Budkin
06-02-2007, 11:50 PM
You know that Gibson will have a bunch of supporters here in TX.

PeterBurns
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
I hope you're right! And at this point, I'm thinking that Gibson scares me more than James! He was crazy good tonight!
BTW...how are you feeling?

A little better, got released from the hospital on Thursday, and flew back to San Antonio. Saw Bruce Bowen at the Airport.

I got to say, I F'n Hate the Pistons, but it's harder for me to hate the Cavs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Gibson was allowed to go off. I think we're underestimating the Spurs, by Cleveland doing what they were supposed to do against an ailing half-hearted Pistons team.

SpursFanFirst
06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
A little better, got released from the hospital on Thursday, and flew back to San Antonio. Saw Bruce Bowen at the Airport.

I got to say, I F'n Hate the Pistons, but it's harder for me to hate the Cavs.

Glad you're feeling better :)

infinite styles
06-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I just don't want the AT&T Center to be packed with a bunch of Lebron bandwagonners cheering every damn thing he does. This is our house and it would be a disgusting site if that happens.

florige
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Gibson was allowed to go off. I think we're underestimating the Spurs, by Cleveland doing what they were supposed to do against an ailing half-hearted Pistons team.

Exactly! Detroit was so hell bent on not letting James score at all cost they forgot about everyone else. Even though they aren't too good most players in they are NBA can hit when they are left open that many freakin times in one night, Sheeesh!! I mean Detroit wasn't even trying to disguise they were aiming in on James. Aim in on him yeah, but don't put 3 freakin guys on him. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Exactly! Detroit was so hell bent on not letting James score at all cost they forgot about everyone else. Even though they aren't too good most players in they are NBA can hit when they are left open that many freakin times in one night, Sheeesh!! I mean Detroit wasn't even trying to disguise they were aiming in on James. Aim in on him yeah, but don't put 3 freakin guys on him. :lol
That's where the Coach plays the factor. I'm pretty sure Pop will keep our guys from being too preoccupied with James.
It was obvious when Rip Hamilton started taking cheap shots at James. He was running through all of their minds, they forgot about all the scrubs around James.

Varajeo and co. isn't going to get easy-lay ups and jumpshots against us.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Seriously, if Pop can outcoach his 'mentor' LB, there's no reason why Pop, a coach who is 10000000x better than Mike Brown and Flip Saunders combined, wouldn't eat Mike 'Give Lebron the ball and let him go' Brown alive.

ploto
06-03-2007, 05:07 AM
And if Avery can outcoach his mentor in Pop?

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 05:26 AM
And if Avery can outcoach his mentor in Pop?

I think they were just even. Pop's biggest mistake last year was small ball. No small ball here - the cavs are a big team; small ball would kill you on the boards and in post defense. Pop ain't no Flip - he's no doubt seen the effects playing small ball had on our defense.