PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are in TROUBLE!

Chris Childs
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
LeBron and the refs are coming! :devil

Even if you have some good ol fashion heavy artillery, you can't stop the SWAT and that's what Stern's evil empire is....they're the freakin SWAT TEAM! STERN is working with some type of marketing force behind the scenes. You seen how he and his henchmen handed D-Wade and the cHEAT the trophy last year now watch him and his henchmen hand the trophy to LeBron and co.

The marketing force will be too strong for the spurs. They will put up a good fight but it would be too much in the end.

mikeanthony21
06-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Even if you have some good ol fashion heavy artillery, you can't stop the SWAT and that's what Stern's evil empire is....they're the freakin SWAT TEAM! STERN is working with some type of marketing force behind the scenes. You seen how he and his henchmen handed D-Wade and the cHEAT the trophy last year now watch him and his henchmen hand the trophy to LeBron and co.

The marketing force will be too strong for the spurs. They will put up a good fight but it would be too much in the end.

Uh, no.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Uh, no.

Who are you?

DISMISSED.

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I believe he is your daddy.

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 12:37 AM

:lmao You're joking, right??? :lmao

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Spurs fans I'm warning you, don't get cocky like the mavs fans. I'm not even comparing the spurs to the mavs but don't start acting like you have it in the bag.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:38 AM
:lmao You're joking, right??? :lmao

No, I'm dead serious. :cooldevil

mavs>spurs2
06-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Yea after what happened last year i'd say anything goes. Wouldn't be surprised if Lebron set the record for FT attempts in a series.

csl24
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I do belive he will get alot of calls just like wade as you said. The spurs know this and will prepare for it, by the way the dude with the frow he is a MAJOR flopper Dunc needs to prepare for that as well.

Amarelooms
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM
IF by trouble you mean will win in 4-5 games easily then yes the Spurs are in trouble.

TampaDude
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Spurs fans I'm warning you, don't get cocky like the mavs fans. I'm not even comparing the spurs to the mavs but don't start acting like you have it in the bag.

The Spurs never do...that's why they are 3-time NBA Champions...and hopefully soon to be 4-time NBA Champions... :toast

Russ
06-03-2007, 12:45 AM

So why didn't Stern do it for the Knicks in '99. :)

judaspriestess
06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
There is absolutely no way the LEAST will win two years in a row.

but we are getting set up for the "future" of the NBA

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
So why didn't Stern do it for the Knicks in '99. :)

I don't know. Maybe we weren't that appealing. I don't think Stern cared for that terrible season anyway only knick and spurs fans cared.

thewatcher
06-03-2007, 01:28 AM

we will be all witnesses :lol

trueD
06-03-2007, 01:30 AM

:p:

Chris Childs, how's it going ... You been on vacation?

101A
06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Stern has what he wants. LeBron to lift the ratings of the finals; along with a team that everybody (now apparently) loves to hate.

Who wins at this point doesn't really matter.

Next year, however, the ratings for the rematch will be even better, as LeBron tries to get over that mountain.

Hoop
06-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Spurs In 5!

Dave McNulla
06-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I don't know. Maybe we weren't that appealing. I don't think Stern cared for that terrible season anyway only knick and spurs fans cared.
everybody cared until they team lost, same as every season.

the spurs team is not the spurs fans. spurs fans can be completely overconfident, while the spurs will take this opponent as seriously as they did the nuggets, who were picked the beat the spurs by some analysts.

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 01:42 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

All I can say is... I hope they had their fill of champaign tonight.

trueD
06-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Who will get more doubles, Lebron or Gibson? :lol

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 01:47 AM
So far... no one it the basketball world - and I do mean NO one - is picking the Cavs. But fans have a tendency of getting caught up in the moment. There are fresh images in the minds of many fans of Lebron running roughshot over the Pistons, and it's clouded their judgement. Many fans are also far too taken with individual greatness.

The Pistons (this version of the Pistons) are a faaaaaar cry from the Spurs. The Cavs are about to get a championship education. The same one the Jazz just got.

trueD
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM
10 minutes to go in the 4th. I turned on TV, which was already tuned to TNT--game and post show should have been WAY over, but the delay prevented and Ernie was just saying "see you next year", totally blew the outcome, argh.

Hey, what the f am I doing still in the Spurs forum? Well, no one in Kings forum really cares, and Pistons fans are too sad to hear my cheers... :)

Dayum, Wallace 2nd T. Pistons fans were probably choking hard on that one, dayum.

KidCongo
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM
LeBron doesn't know as many tricks as Wade to initiate the contact

rhaymarck
06-03-2007, 01:50 AM
lebron of course... gibson must not be ignored though...

trueD
06-03-2007, 01:52 AM
So far... no one it the basketball world - and I do mean NO one - is picking the Cavs. But fans have a tendency of getting caught up in the moment. There are fresh images in the minds of many fans of Lebron running roughshot over the Pistons, and it's clouded their judgement. Many fans are also far too taken with individual greatness.

The Pistons (this version of the Pistons) are faaaaaar cry from the Spurs. The Cavs are about to get a championship education. The same one the Jazz just got.
Totally agree. Although, the Cavs could squeek out a coupla games. I didn't see any of the Cav's series with Nets or Wiz, but this series the Cavs have gotten progressively better on both ends of the court. This night, CAVS are winning this game, an elimination with badboy Pistons. Amazing. Pistons showed no heart. Spurs will not be so foolish...

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Greg Anthony pussied out by saying he couldn't make a prediction tonight. However, he later said this series would be decided at the 3 point line... and then pointed out that the Spurs guard the 3 point line better than any team in the league. I don't think he mentioned though that the Spurs are one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the league.

trueD
06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Lebron is stronger than Wade and makes better decisions. Wade gets all his calls by being half flopper, half maniac.

20ginobili
06-03-2007, 01:57 AM
wade is too weak to handle the contact.. lebron is way too strong to get soft calls.. i just hope the officials agree........

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Daniel Frigging Gibson

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:02 AM
That clock malfunction to start the 2nd quarter TOTALLY disrupted play. I don't think there was one whistle in the first 8 minutes of the game.

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Lebron is stronger than Wade and makes better decisions. Wade gets all his calls by being half flopper, half maniac.

It just won't matter. The Spurs aren't going to let Lebron make his teammates better to the degree he was able to in this series. Those 3's aren't going to be there for them against SA. They're going to make it a little tougher on Lebron, and keep other guys on that team from going off.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are going to go to work on the offensive end. Mike Brown has done a nice job suring up that cleveland defense, but Tim, Tony, and Manu will prove that Brown's got some work left to do.

As I said in a previous post... this will be a championship education. I think this will be a great experience for Cleveland. I think they will learn a lot from this series against the Spurs. I'm not trying to be funny in saying that. I really do think the Cavs will come away from this Finals matchup wiser than they are today.

KidCongo
06-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Can spurs control one of the best offensive re-bounding teams in the league?

Duncan can't do everything or can he????

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:11 AM
It just won't matter. The Spurs aren't going to let Lebron make his teammates better to the degree he was able to in this series. Those 3's aren't going to be there for them against SA. They're going to make it a little tougher on Lebron, and keep other guys on that team from going off.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are going to go to work on the offensive end. Mike Brown has done a nice job suring up that cleveland defense, but Tim, Tony, and Manu will prove that Brown's got some work left to do.

As I said in a previous post... this will be a championship education. I think this will be a great experience for Cleveland. I think they will learn a lot from this series against the Spurs. I'm not trying to be funny in saying that. I really do think the Cavs will come away from this Finals matchup wiser than they are today.
Last time I counted there are only five guys on each team. When a team gets as hot as Cavs have been the last two games, the opposing team just can't do anything. No one could have guarded Lebron last game, and how is it a rookie is owning Detroit, DETROIT in the 4th quarter of an elimination game? Shit happens. :lol Gibson is even getting boards, dayum.

The education Cavs get playing Spurs will be priceless, and I even said that myself the other day (maybe at my home board, I forget). It will be a fun series for the league, and after last years debacle on the ratings front, Stern will be sporting a grin for at least one week.

Lebron throws the ball into the crowd. $5,000 for NBA Cares. Game over.

Vingianx
06-03-2007, 02:12 AM

umm.... didn't you see them control rebounds with utah?

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Wow, Daniel Noob Gibson gets the interview after winning the ECF's, fantastic.

Craig Sager is my hero.

Cry Havoc
06-03-2007, 02:23 AM

Parker >>> Hughes
Manu >>>>>>> Pavlovic
Bowen <<<<<<<<< James
Duncan >>>>>> Gooden
Oberto > Z (Fab is a better passer)

Hmm. I think the Spurs have a bit of an advantage there.

Last time I counted there are only five guys on each team. When a team gets as hot as Cavs have been the last two games, the opposing team just can't do anything. No one could have guarded Lebron last game, and how is it a rookie is owning Detroit, DETROIT in the 4th quarter of an elimination game? Shit happens. :lol Gibson is even getting boards, dayum.

The education Cavs get playing Spurs will be priceless, and I even said that myself the other day (maybe at my home board, I forget). It will be a fun series for the league, and after last years debacle on the ratings front, Stern will be sporting a grin for at least one week.

Lebron throws the ball into the crowd. $5,000 for NBA Cares. Game over.

Have you ever seen the Spurs TEAM when they get hot? Utah certainly has. James can only score 3 points at a time, as the Spurs aren't stupid enough to foul him behind the arc. The Spurs will absolutely shred the Cavs defense, and I'll take 5 players who are feeding off one another (instead of self-destructing like we saw with the Pistons, Suns, and Jazz) over one player any day.

James can get hot, but I bet he won't shoot a higher clip than the Spurs when they're getting wide open layups.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Parker >>> Hughes
Manu >>>>>>> Pavlovic
Bowen <<<<<<<<< James
Duncan >>>>>> Gooden

Have you ever seen the Spurs TEAM when they get hot? Utah certainly has. James can only score 3 points at a time, as the Spurs aren't stupid enough to foul him behind the arc. The Spurs will absolutely shred the Cavs defense, and I'll take 5 players who are feeding off one another (instead of self-destructing like we saw with the Pistons, Suns, and Jazz) over one player any day.

James can get hot, but I bet he won't shoot a higher clip than the Spurs when they're getting wide open layups.

Billups >>> Hughes
Rip >>>>>>> Pavlovic
Prince <<<<<<<<< James
Rasheed >>>>>> Gooden
Webber > Z (Webber is a better passer)

^^^
The problem with this is...it's the NBA and anything can happen..especially if a dictator runs it.

Budkin
06-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Don't think Timmy has forgotten about that poster dunk from earlier this season...

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Don't think Timmy has forgotten about that poster dunk from earlier this season...

I heard that LeBron has that poster hanging up on his wall...can anyone confirm this?

Budkin
06-03-2007, 02:34 AM
I heard that LeBron has that poster hanging up on his wall...can anyone confirm this?

They said in the post game that he had the photo of it in his locker.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 02:35 AM

NIICE!

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:41 AM
Parker >>> Hughes
Manu >>>>>>> Pavlovic
Bowen <<<<<<<<< James
Duncan >>>>>> Gooden

True, Spurs will have more open lane space than Cavs will, but Cavs perimeter game has gotten better than, say, Game 1 against Detroit (that's all the data I have, anyways). Cavs bench is looking a little hotter than post-season with Gibson and Hughes having a couple of good games under his belt finally. Albeit true, Spurs bench is probably the best in the league.

Even good teams have breakdowns, and that's what Cavs need to see happen to Spurs if they expect to take more than one game, two games max. However, I don't expect the Spurs to win the perimeter fight every night, for sure.

trueD
06-03-2007, 02:43 AM
The "Duncan Ownage Dunk" Poster :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2007, 02:43 AM

At least Timmy stayed in position unlike Tayshaun running out of the way!

Anyway, the Spurs are too good to be affected by media bias.
At the moment, I think there are some doubts, since the Cavs success is the last thing we've seen.

I think it's anyone's guess about just how much disparity there is between the two teams until we get to see these two teams play the first two games.
The odds are in the Spurs favor, but a lot of the extra talk between now and Thursday "about why the Cavs can't beat the Spurs", is just Spurs fans reassuring themselves after seeing Lebron explode in game 5.

I know, because I'm one of them. :lol

(But I guess the same can be said on the Cavs fans' side, about how the Cavs could actually hang the Spurs)

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 02:44 AM
:p:

Chris Childs, how's it going ... You been on vacation?

Yes and it was a very good vacation.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Yes and it was a very good vacation.
Wait, then who's Chr!s Childs?

Capt Bringdown
06-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Spurs have never faced a player like LeBron in the finals, this should be the ultimate test.
I don't like the fact the Cavs are on a mighty roll and the Spurs have had too much time to think about things.
I think the Cavs know if they steal one in San Antone the series might be theirs to win.

ATXSPUR
06-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Who cares if the refs baby lebron and give him a million free throws if he cant make them?

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong... but weren't the Jazz one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the league?

Nevermind
06-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Could a Cavs, Lebron victory lend more truth to the NBA conspiracy?

bigfan
06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Spurs in 6. LBJ will be tough but that little dude aint gonna be dropping alll those points on the Spurs. With all the LBJ press bombarding us, that will serve as motivation to our guys. Its a Finals, not an exhibition or all-star game.

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Yea after what happened last year i'd say anything goes. Wouldn't be surprised if Lebron set the record for FT attempts in a series.

Me either. But keep in mind. He still has to actually make them. And we saw him miss several over the course of this last series.

Now on the other hand if Gibson gets a FT parade, that could be scary.

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 08:53 AM

See the Spurs vs Jazz series.