PDA

View Full Version : Real Reason the Pistons Lost Series.

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 12:33 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/marty_burns/05/30/coaches/t1_saunders2.jpg

SpursFanFirst
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I wonder if he's gone after this.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Gone and replaced by P.J.

ShoogarBear
He can't even get the Dr. Evil pose right.

SA210
Agreed 100%

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I thought these two was the reason why the pistons lost....

http://www.tah.de/afp/deutsch/sport/images/183436.jpg

weebo
06-03-2007, 12:45 AM
the entire piston team sucked

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I thought these two was the reason why the pistons lost....

http://www.tah.de/afp/deutsch/sport/images/183436.jpg

He was the reason those two were able to play the way they did.

He's a horrible coach.

easjer
06-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I tend to blame their inability to make their shots more than Flip, but only by a small margin.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
here's a thought you moron. When he's made 27 straight points DON'T LET HIM GET THE FUCKING BALL

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
That mofo couldn't even get Garnett out of the first round but once. Then Detroit went and replaced Larry "I won a title and returned to the finals" Brown with this clown. Wow.

possessed
06-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Flip Wilson could have done a better job of coaching that series. Now with the time off, go get that mullet chopped.

jag
06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
they're a solid team with a solid coach that always finds a way to lose in the playoffs.

L.I.T
06-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Waaaaaiiit a minute. I thought Flip was supposed to be some offensive genius? When did they replace his sets with Rudy T's?

thewatcher
06-03-2007, 01:42 AM
is...

http://microscopiq.com/images/stern-dave.jpg

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 01:57 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/jrnba/danny2.jpg

and

http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/absolute_power2.jpg

thewatcher
06-03-2007, 02:02 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfKGGHJil-U :lol

MannyIsGod
06-03-2007, 02:34 AM
This is bullshit. The Pistos lost because they thought they were better than they actually were and they didnt respect the Cavs at all.

Somewhere along the lies these Pistons have forgotten what it takes to make it to the NBA Finals.

Budkin
06-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Flip Saunders is worthless.

himat
06-03-2007, 02:39 AM
I thought Flip would actually do it this year because he had Porter and Cowens with him. New coach now especially after I heard him say this after the game: "I feel comfortable, I think the players do, too, we've got to go and get better. That's basically what you do," Saunders said. "Every year there is only one team that's happy and all the other teams are doing things to try to get better."

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 02:42 AM
I thought Flip would actually do it this year because he had Porter and Cowens with him. New coach now especially after I heard him say this after the game: "I feel comfortable, I think the players do, too, we've got to go and get better. That's basically what you do," Saunders said. "Every year there is only one team that's happy and all the other teams are doing things to try to get better."

gawd that dude's post-game pressers annoy me more and more with each passing game.

himat
06-03-2007, 02:47 AM
gawd that dude's post-game pressers annoy me more and more with each passing game.

What happened to the passion in this team? How the hell are they not ticked off? Unbelievable.
:pctoss

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 02:54 AM
What happened to the passion in this team? How the hell are they not ticked off? Unbelievable.
:pctoss

I don't get it either - Chauncey said as much after the heat beat us last year. The only one who even looks pissed is Rasheed... but Tay actually was pretty upset - someone mentioned earlier that he blew up at some reporter. Chauncey seems more disappointed than anything else - I haven't seen hide nor hair from Rip since the game ended.

Ignite
06-03-2007, 04:36 AM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2244/onehitwondersb14wpqq9.jpg

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 04:55 AM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2244/onehitwondersb14wpqq9.jpg

That's mean. :nope

Kori Ellis
06-03-2007, 05:05 AM
The Pistons lost because they played like crap for six straight games. They are lucky they didn't get swept.

They played without urgency. And they looked like they didn't have any chemistry at all. They bitched more at each other throughout the series than I've ever seen a team bitch during a Conference Finals. Lack of leadership, lack of coaching, lack of focus.

The Cavs were talented enough to capitalize on it.

Pitiful effort by the Pistons in all six games.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 05:34 AM
the Pistons lost because Mike Brown saw, and attacked the Pistons' biggest offensive weakness - our reliance on Chauncey Billups' playmaking. They attacked Chauncey early and often, with traps, double teams, everything - screwed with his rhythm. They got in Chauncey's head; and if there's anything I credit Mike Brown for it's for recognizing that, and capitalizing on it. Chauncey recovered, but it was too late. The whole team's rhythm was off and they'd started to let the frustration dictate their play.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the cavs try to do the same thing to Parker; Hughes is like 6'6 - and he will be guarding Parker - but he probably won't be able to disrupt him as well as he did Chauncey because the dude would be too fast for him.

dbestpro
06-03-2007, 05:51 AM
I think the Pistons lost because they had no Ben Wallace. Does LeBron make those dunks with Ben in the middle? Does Cleveland get all those rebounds with big Ben in the lane? The cost of a conference final? One Big Ben contract.

raspsa
06-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Big Ben was the Pistons' heart and soul. Without him, the team lost its identity.

WalterBenitez
06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Let me explain why DET lost ...

1. Flipitis ... :dramaquee

2. LBJ ... enjoyable :toast

3. DET's players were terrible, Billups sucks :p:

4. Aditional help when it counts ... refs ... :D

WalterBenitez
06-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Big Ben was the Pistons' heart and soul. Without him, the team lost its identity.

I forgot that one... good point.

Fabbs
06-03-2007, 09:07 AM
picture of the One n Dones[/IMG]
excellent 'chop. Maybe some of the Larry Brown haters will now get a clue as to what he did in 2004.

himat
06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't get it either - Chauncey said as much after the heat beat us last year. The only one who even looks pissed is Rasheed... but Tay actually was pretty upset - someone mentioned earlier that he blew up at some reporter. Chauncey seems more disappointed than anything else - I haven't seen hide nor hair from Rip since the game ended.

That's why I don't even care that Sheed got those techs. I can't believe he is the only one who cared. Again this is pathetic.

Nathan Explosion
06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Since Brown left, the Pistons discipline on defense has steadily declined, and it showed in this series. I kept wondering where the defensive rotations were, and why defenders were taking bad angles against Lebron to cut off his penetration. I remember one play where Lebron drove to the sideline towards Maxiell, and Maxiell did a credible job (for a guy his size) of slowing Lebron. Billups should have gone under Maxiell, met Lebron on the other side cutting off his lane, and forcing him into a trap, or at the very least, forcing Lebron to circle back towards the jump circle, and therefore, using more clock and being further from the basket than he wanted to be.

Instead Billups tries to come up behind Lebron for the trap, but there was no contain. Lebron drives past Maxiell, and nails a big shot. When I saw that, I was wondering why Billups was trying to trap when he should have known that Maxiell couldn't keep up with Lebron's speed. I was wondering this as it happened, before Lebron got passed Maxiell.

Another play happened on the game winning shot in Game 5. Everyone in the world knew Lebron was getting the ball. Before coming out of the time out, I was thinking that if I was Flip, I'd have Lebron tripled team with Prince, Rip, and Sheed trapping (keeping the ball out of his hands for one), forcing my other 2 guys to defend their other 4. If Lebron gets the ball, keep the triple team on, and dare the other 4 who hadn't hit a shot since the 4th to beat us.

If they did then hats off to them. But I would have taken the "anybody BUT Lebron" approach on that one.

And finally, when do you remember someone getting as many open 3s against the Pistons as Gibson got last night? That's not happening against the Spurs. Pop would stop it after 1 maybe 2 threes. Brown probably would have done the same.

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 09:34 AM
The Pistons lost because they played like crap for six straight games. They are lucky they didn't get swept.

They played without urgency. And they looked like they didn't have any chemistry at all. They bitched more at each other throughout the series than I've ever seen a team bitch during a Conference Finals. Lack of leadership, lack of coaching, lack of focus.

The Cavs were talented enough to capitalize on it.

Pitiful effort by the Pistons in all six games.

Agree with all that. I think there is a lot of dissention on the Piston team, for whatever reasons.

There were rumors going around on a Detroit web site, that Billups had made reservations for Monday to fly out and talk to the Lakers. Then they said it was actually Tuesday. But it seemed to cause some dissention among the players.

But overall, the Pistons did not play like the Pistons of 2 years ago.

I don't even remember what Princes FG% was, but it was some kind of terrible. Chauncy spent too much time smiling. Sheed wasn't playing his game at all....

Hamilton was the only one of the bunch that looked like he actually came to play.

And I still don't believe Flip didn't at least try to get the ball out of James hands at the end of game 5.

I suspect several members of that team will be elsewhere next year, and probably the Flipper will be job hunting also.

HJNTX
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Gone and replaced by P.J.
NO NO NO!!! Say it ain't so!!!! J/k .. We will sorely miss PJ but, he has paid his dues and deserves to move to the next level ........... :depressed :cheer

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 09:41 AM
the Pistons lost because Mike Brown saw, and attacked the Pistons' biggest offensive weakness - our reliance on Chauncey Billups' playmaking. They attacked Chauncey early and often, with traps, double teams, everything - screwed with his rhythm. They got in Chauncey's head; and if there's anything I credit Mike Brown for it's for recognizing that, and capitalizing on it. Chauncey recovered, but it was too late. The whole team's rhythm was off and they'd started to let the frustration dictate their play.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the cavs try to do the same thing to Parker; Hughes is like 6'6 - and he will be guarding Parker - but he probably won't be able to disrupt him as well as he did Chauncey because the dude would be too fast for him.

Tonys speed will more than make up for the discrepancy in size. Tony may turn him around so much he will be hobbling on both ankles. Look at all the big defenders that have tried to keep Tony from driving all year will no success. I look for Tony to have some huge games driving the lane.

And another thing. The Spurs will be able to spread the defense out with all their 3 point shooters on the floor, which should open things up for the Tim and Tony show at the basket.

ForestBrain
06-03-2007, 11:23 AM
You got that right. I saw that and laughed.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
He can't even get the Dr. Evil pose right.

:lol

Yeah, he's not good.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I actually think of some saying they underachieved. I actually think they overachieved since they obviously aren't as good as when they had Ben Wallace. The series against Cleveland is what they really are.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Parker doesn't dominate the ball, because we run a motion offense.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Parker doesn't dominate the ball, because we run a motion offense.

We did, too - that is, until we ran into Cleveland and our lovely coach decided we wanted to play isolation basketball. The cavs don't just trap the PG, they trap/double all perimeter scorers - PG, SG, SF. the Spurs have to make their perimeter shots to discourage the cavs from collapsing in the lane. Tim should watch out for carrot top's flops too - that hair definitely makes it look like he just got shot every time. by trapping the PG, I mean when the guy's trying to get the ball past halfcourt - though I don't expect that to work because of Tony's speed.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
We did, too - that is, until we ran into Cleveland and our lovely coach decided we wanted to play isolation basketball. The cavs don't just trap the PG, they trap/double all perimeter scorers - PG, SG, SF. the Spurs have to make their perimeter shots to discourage the cavs from collapsing in the lane. Tim should watch out for carrot top's flops too - that hair definitely makes it look like he just got shot every time. by trapping the PG, I mean when the guy's trying to get the ball past halfcourt - though I don't expect that to work because of Tony's speed.
If they do trap, they'd better build a solid wall with NO cracks. If Parker splits it. which he's very good at, it's almost a sure bucket, with Parker headed to the hoop, two befuddled Cavs players behind him, and a 4 on 3 advantage for SA, with Parker and Duncan in that mix. Spurs are pretty good at spotting and avoiding traps with deft passes.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
If they do trap, they'd better build a solid wall with NO cracks. If Parker splits it. which he's very good at, it's almost a sure bucket, with Parker headed to the hoop, two befuddled Cavs players behind him, and a 4 on 3 advantage for SA, with Parker and Duncan in that mix. Spurs are pretty good at spotting and avoiding traps with deft passes.

Tony's speed is definitely gonna be a big advantage - that and the fact that you guys have several players who can handle the ball. they're gonna trap with Hughes/Gibson and any one of their bigs - which would mean Tim is getting single coverage (another big advantage there). I don't believe their schemes will be as effective against the Spurs as it was against us, because y'all don't rely on your PG as much as we do - and Tony/Manu should be able to negate traps with ease. but then again, Chauncey never had trouble with traps before the cavs series either.