PDA

View Full Version : This series will be decided in games 1 and 2

shadowofanubis66
06-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Especially with the 2-3-2 format, in my opinion for the cavs to have a shot, they need to win one of those first two in San Antonio. If San Antonio takes both... i can't see us winning 3 straight and then one in San Antonio.

My biggest curiosity with game 1 is seeing how popavich defends lebron strategically. Does he put bowen on him 1 v 1 or double him up? Again... its all about the open man for the cavs making that shot, and that hasn't happened all that often this year.

csl24
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
True the 2-3-2 format is to give the lower seeded team an advantage. Playing three straight at home for the lower seed seems really over the top. The stratagy about the spurs is we defend everyone for 48 mins straight. Labron will get his, but the others will have a hardtime getting goodlooks at the basket. The dude with the frow is a MAJOR flopper so Dunc needs to prepare for that. The best chance for the cavs to win is if we are rusty, and steal a game and homecourt. Well see what happens im ready to see Mr. Duncan get his 4th it is well deserved.

SilverPlayer
06-03-2007, 01:21 AM
The three games at home is misleading; it's tough to win three straight in the finals no matter where you are playing. Meaning You usually have a very hard time as the "road" team holding serve on your own court.

I think it is a decided disadvantage to have three games straight on your own court, because there is going to be one of those you give away.

jag
06-03-2007, 01:30 AM
oh ya...Just like the pistons series right????

dknights411
06-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Games 3 and 4 are 10 times more important than Games 1 or 2 (Not to say that the first two games are not important, because they are).

player_twister
06-03-2007, 01:39 AM
No Problem. The Spurs love to play on the road. Except when the fans are throwing things. I don't think the Cavs Fans are Like the Jazz Fans.

shadowofanubis66
06-03-2007, 01:53 AM
We aren't like jazz fans because our team plays tough defense and doesn't fold at home.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Especially with the 2-3-2 format, in my opinion for the cavs to have a shot, they need to win one of those first two in San Antonio. If San Antonio takes both... i can't see us winning 3 straight and then one in San Antonio.

My biggest curiosity with game 1 is seeing how popavich defends lebron strategically. Does he put bowen on him 1 v 1 or double him up? Again... its all about the open man for the cavs making that shot, and that hasn't happened all that often this year.

Agreed.

IMHO, Pop will throw all sorts of different looks at LeBron, but mostly he'll make sure that we stay home on your 3pt shooters and clog the lane on your penetrators. It will be interesting to see how many calls LeBron will get, but in this series he's facing help D from Duncan, who has been AWESOME this playoffs on D, best I've seen him I think. The way he helped shut down Iverson, then Nash, was a joy to watch. He's made Camby's DPOY title a bit redundant...

Game 1 scares me for a different reason - as they showed against Denver, the Spurs are sometimes sleepy and vulnerable after a week off. This is the Finals though, so they should be pretty focussed!

SilverPlayer
06-03-2007, 03:35 AM
We aren't like jazz fans because our team plays tough defense and doesn't fold at home.
:lol :lol You realize the Jazz we're undefeated at home? They folded because the Spurs were just that good. The Jazz were unstoppable at home until they ran into us.

PS- games 3, 5, and 7 have always been the most crucial games of any 7 game series. But any game can be used to swing momentum.

jaespur21
06-03-2007, 03:45 AM
I cant see the cavs winning this series @ All ....TIM DUNCAN>>>>>enuff said

boutons_
06-03-2007, 07:50 AM
"True the 2-3-2 format is to give the lower seeded team an advantage"

ONLY if they get the split in the first 2.

WalterBenitez
06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
oh ya...Just like the pistons series right????
:oops

Oh man .. you can't say that, even thinking ...

I concede that is probably that we are gonna lose one of our home's game ... but we are good enough to get one from there.

My only real concern is this league is very marketing oriented and LBJ is better that TD + TP + Manu together in that area, so NBA's refs trends to sucks .... those walks that LBJ are allowed because he is LBJ ...

Probably the same could be said of TIM ... but LBJ is young, NBA is looking for the next good boy in town ...

About team Mike, Fabricio, Horry will be a factor since TD, TP, Manu will be carefully guarded.

Nevermind
06-03-2007, 08:31 AM
If the Spurs lose any games at home? It could be another Dallas like meltdown.

But then the Spurs are not the Mavs.....nevermind.

bigfan
06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
The Spurs dont mind winning on the road. But I agree the first two games willl be very important. Spurs in 6.

twincam
06-03-2007, 08:43 AM
It will be an interesting series. Many picked the Pistons to make the Finals. However, things do change for the east. The east isn't stable. Just about anyone can come out from the east. The west is a different story. You'll always have the top 3 (San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix) making the grade to represent the west. Fortunately for us, San Antonio has once again reached the Finals. It's no secret as to how they will play their game. Cleveland now needs to play their defense against the other big three (Tim, Tony, Manu). Lebron will most likely get his numbers, but who else will be efficient/consistent from the Cavs? If people say that rookie guy (Gibson), I'm sorry but that guy simply fell into the category (every dog has his day) that night. He's not efficient. I just don't see them winning this series against the Spurs. Am I being biased? No. Just stating the facts here.

Bruno
06-03-2007, 08:50 AM
To me, it won't be a big deal if Spurs lose one game at home.
Spurs are a much better team than Cavs and they can win at Cleveland without a problem.

If Spurs lose this serie, it will be a biggest choke job than Mavs last year.

Nevermind
06-03-2007, 08:55 AM
To me, it won't be a big deal if Spurs lose one game at home.
Spurs are a much better team than Cavs and they can win at Cleveland without a problem.

If Spurs lose this serie, it will be a biggest choke job than Mavs last year.

Uh, they were 0-2 against Cleveland so I would say that is a problem. I also don't think losing against a Lebron led Cavs team could be considered a choke. And another thing.......nevermind.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2007, 09:02 AM
nothin is stopin TD man.....nothin

Nathan Explosion
06-03-2007, 09:15 AM
They are 0-2 vs the Cavs, and the Spurs have proven time and time again regular season doesn't matter. By the way, those losses took place in the home opener for the Spurs and the 1st game with the "new" old ball when an adjustment period was to be had.

Even then, the Spurs are light years better now than they were then. Lebron won't beat the Spurs by himself, especially after the Spurs went through 2 of the highest scoring teams in the league, and 3 good tandems in Carmelo/Iverson, Nash/Stoudemire, and then Williams/Boozer.

Three really good tandems couldn't take them out, and now there is a 1 man team that's expected to beat the Spurs in the Finals? Not likely.

George Gervin's Afro
06-03-2007, 09:19 AM
The most important this for TD this seies is staying away from Varejo... He is a good back to the basket defender and boy does that dude flop...TD is going to have to be VERY careful with this dude because he is going to fall down when TD breathes on him..

HJNTX
06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
No Problem. The Spurs love to play on the road. Except when the fans are throwing things. I don't think the Cavs Fans are Like the Jazz Fans.

I agree with you. 1) SPURS play well on road, and 2) CAVS fans are not the same caliber as the JAZZ fans. That's an alltime low. Disgusting.

HJNTX
06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
nothin is stopin TD man.....nothin

:elephant :flag: :flag:

Nathan Explosion
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
It think Oberto and Varejo are going to take this flopping to a whole new level. This is their most important matchup outside of an Argentina/Brazil World Cup match.

This is for national honor. Let the flop off commence. :spin

If I were Pop, I'd have Oberto banging with Varejo every now and then. Plus, Oberto is a smarter player than Varejo, and I think it will counter any tricks Varejo has up his sleeve.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 09:46 AM
The one thing about Cleveland's "other bigs", Varajoao and Gooden, is that while they are athletic and crash the glass, they're pretty poor post defenders. Don't be surprised to see Pop use Oberto in an attack mode, a la Utah series, to stick that other big to Oberto instead of helping on Timmy. Pop attacked Boozer without mercy.

shadowofanubis66
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Floppers paradise this series.... they might need to lay out some cushions at the ATT center. I honestly see varejo more of a rodman type of player then a flopper... he just adds a little flavor on the contact. As for matchups... I'd say we are definitly better then the jazz and not as good as the suns obviously... we'd match up better against you then the suns. I'm thinking spurs in 6 but of course, hope for the miracle.

HJNTX
06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
It think Oberto and Varejo are going to take this flopping to a whole new level. This is their most important matchup outside of an Argentina/Brazil World Cup match.

This is for national honor. Let the flop off commence. :spin

If I were Pop, I'd have Oberto banging with Varejo every now and then. Plus, Oberto is a smarter player than Varejo, and I think it will counter any tricks Varejo has up his sleeve.
:lol :rollin

DDS4
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
At this stage of the playoffs, both teams should be decent road teams. I'm not saying home court doesn't matter, but IMO, home court is overrated.

I suspect Pop is going to play LBJ straight up during the quarters 1 through 3. Keep his teammates in check, and when crunch time rolls around in the 4th, LBJ is going to be double teamed.

Another important thing is Pop is going to stress is guarding the 3-point line. Especially Gibson, Hughes, and Marshall. The Spurs have been doing a decent job at that.

And even though the Cavs aren't necessarily a running team, Pop will make sure the guys go back for transition defense. Transition buckets really ignites the crowd.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 11:00 AM
We won games 1 and 2 vs. Detroit in '05, and it ended up going 7. We lost game 2 at home vs. NJ in '03 and won in 6. There is no rhyme or reason to the flow of a series. Spurs need to play good team basketball on both ends, and let the chips fall where they may.

boutons_
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
"Pop attacked Boozer without mercy."

Because Boozer was a guy capable of 30 and 15 fairly consistently if given the chance. Anderson and Dwight aren't capable. Z has put up some huge games, but very rarely.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
"Pop attacked Boozer without mercy."

Because Boozer was a guy capable of 30 and 15 fairly consistently if given the chance. Anderson and Dwight aren't capable. Z has put up some huge games, but very rarely.
I don't GAF about Boozer's offense, you dumbfuck. That's a given, and something you live with. The comparison is the defense of Boozer and that of Varajoao and Gooden. They all suck and need to be attacked so they don't cheat off Oberto to go to Duncan. Recognize.