PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are Irrelevant

Extra Stout
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Even if the Spurs win, which they likely will, the Finals will just be pitched as LeBron coming up short rather than the Spurs winning.

Coming away from the series, the talking heads will discuss the series as a step in LeBron's progression, rather than the firm establishment of Tim Duncan's place as the best power forward in the history of the game.

The "legacy" discussion will be how many championships the Cavs will win in the next 9 years, and not how many the Spurs will have won in the last 9.

That's just how it is going to be.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Why do you think that?

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2007, 01:02 AM
I can't believe to get through to this championship we have to go through AI/Melo lovefest, Steve Nash jockriding, AND Lebron ass kissing.

judaspriestess
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Not only that, the Spurs will be even more hated if they beat the king.

I don't seriously believe the calves will win it this year but we are definitely getting set up for the future of the NBA

Extra Stout
Why do you think that?
Because LeBron brings in the casual fan, while Tim Duncan and the Spurs do not. The casual fan will watch people talk about LeBron, and switch over to E! when the discussion turns to Duncan.

florige
Even if the Spurs win, which they likely will, the Finals will just be pitched as LeBron coming up short rather than the Spurs winning.

Coming away from the series, the talking heads will discuss the series as a step in LeBron's progression, rather than the firm establishment of Tim Duncan's place as the best power forward in the history of the game.

The "legacy" discussion will be how many championships the Cavs will win in the next 9 years, and not how many the Spurs will have won in the last 9.

I'm thinking they may give him a pass IF they happen to lose and probably go with the Jordan argument that he needs a better supporting cast. But Like I said IF they lose.

Buddy Holly
06-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Not if the Spurs completely embrasses the King and his Jisters.

Cry Havoc
06-03-2007, 01:10 AM

Hopefully Bron goes for 43 a night with 10 boards and 10+ assists and the Cavs still lose by double figures every game, winning only game 3. That would keep all such talk quiet.

L.I.T
06-03-2007, 01:11 AM
The Spurs are always irrelevant. It's their curse and blessing.

Extra Stout
06-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Hopefully Bron goes for 43 a night with 10 boards and 10+ assists and the Cavs still lose by double figures every game, winning only game 3. That would keep all such talk quiet.
Then the discussion will be about the roster moves the Cavs need to win the Finals in 2008.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-03-2007, 01:13 AM
+1

Buddy Holly
Who the fuck cares what the talk will be about.

I'll be celebrating a title. I'll be watching the post game coverage on the local news stations. I'll be watching the river parade.

DuncanInYourFace
Sad but true. Same as 2004 Laker-Pistons finals.

jag
06-03-2007, 01:22 AM

touche, if it's a joke then there wont be a whole lot of talk about Lebron losing....