PDA

View Full Version : why dont aggiehoopsfan fight in iraq

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
register your guess

bigzak25
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
the same reason the radical libs don't leave the country. don't have to or don't want to.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
why wont he step up and fight for his country

hes a real tough keyboard warrior talking all his bullshit about how if you dont agree with him then youre a traitor and yet he sits here in the united states of america on his cushy upper middle class lily white ass while poor boys and girls die while he guzzles beer and eats pizza and loafs around man to hell with him

sbsquared
12-01-2004, 04:03 PM
How about this: why doesn't kitten learn to use proper grammar and punctuation! :spin

And I didn't see this option - maybe aggiehoopsfan is too old
Or this one - he has a medical condition that makes him ineligible

Why must everything be so negative and hateful with you?

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
you arent too much better sBSquared

why am i hateful? well why dont you ask him why he wants to call people who disagree with him a traitor who wont fight and yet what does he do? nothing hes just another chickenhawk foxnews watching republican warrior

Samurai Jane
12-01-2004, 04:06 PM
How about this: why doesn't kitten learn to use proper grammer and punctuation! :spin

And I didn't see this option - maybe aggiehoopsfan is too old
Or this one - he has a medical condition that makes him ineligible

Why must everything be so negative and hateful with you?

:lol Second that!

I may be remembering incorrectly, but my understanding is that AHF is actually trying to get on board to help fight the war in Iraq, at least indirectly. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
indirectly fuck that

enlist boy. go through basic. put on that uniform and storm fallujah while your comrades are blown into a big bloody mush

fight the terrorists stop being a traitor

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
see aggie thinks if you dont agree with him you are a traitor

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6908&page=1&pp=26

hes a real big boy he talks real big in this forum but he wont put up

hey if you have a degree you can try to get commissioned as an officer man thats bound to pay you more than cooking fries at burger king

2pac
12-01-2004, 04:14 PM
If you think the war on Terror is wrong, why dont you go fight against the US troops?

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
oh good another one

perhaps genius because someone can disagree with the way that war is being waged and still be a loyal american

duh

its not helping to have little chickenhawks like you running around calling people traitors just because they disagree with you

Useruser666
12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I think the problem with the entire political situation in this country and on this board directly, is that no one wants to seek a middle ground. This would be much more refreshing than listening to a radical view point and immediatly going to the other extreme.

Duff McCartney
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm all for a middle ground...but I don't think the middle ground involves being a Republican or being a Democrat.

It's a funny thing how something as meaningless as politics can divide people so much.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 04:22 PM
how about stopping with the if you dont agree with me 100% youre a traitor bullshit.

JoeChalupa
12-01-2004, 04:48 PM
I'll take the middle ground between Eva Longoria and Jessica Alba!

But yeah, I hate being called unpatriotic simply because I speak out against the war or our president.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Guess I hit a nerve with this one, looks like violentpussy needs to get some pussy, then maybe the bitching will stop :lol

As for fighting the war on terror, I've put in with the NSA, CIA, and Naval Intelligence. Hopefully I can land in one of those places, because that's where the war on terror will be won. I've got a background in both Russia and Islam, speak Russian, and have begun learning Arabic too.

I have a college degree, so going through basic and enlisting would be a dumb thing to do, especially from a financially broke (college student who had to get loans to get through school) perspective. Actually joining up is a fallback option, but it'll be through OCS, not basic.

Have a nice day kitty.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 05:38 PM
BTW,

hes an aggie. duh Texas A&M has put more graduates into the military services than any other university in the United States outside of the service academies, nice try though.

violentkitten
fuck yeah you hit a nerve when you call me a traitor you damn little assmunch

oh so you have a degree now so you dont want to join the military

you can join. you could be an officer.

violentkitten
Texas A&M has put more graduates into the military services than any other university in the United States outside of the service academies, nice try though.

not including you

duh

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Yo kitty,

Actually joining up is a fallback option, but it'll be through OCS, not basic.

OCS = Officer Candidate School.

As for the military, like I said, it's an option. I come from a military family, but most of our friends in the military says the most help is needed in intel, so that's where I'm trying to help.

2pac
12-01-2004, 05:42 PM
fuck yeah you hit a nerve when you call me a traitor you damn little assmunch

oh so you have a degree now so you dont want to join the military

you can join. you could be an officer.

But you dont just sign up and go to basic. There is a process to it. He is applying to the CIA, etc first, then applying to the Military.

Sounds like he has his money where his mouth is. Where you at?

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 05:43 PM
sounds like he hasnt joined anything

i dont have to join anything for my position is that one doesnt have to serve to be a patriot, unlike your boyfriends position

thats where im at little cock

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Poor kitty. Got your panties in a bunch. I never called you a traitor, just said if you are against what USA is doing maybe you should join the jihad and fight the "wrongdoings" of our administration and military.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is, or I wouldn't have applied for some of the positions I did. All you're doing is simultaneously changing your rag and posting your trash on this site.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 05:50 PM
you havent done jack shit you just applied for some office work

oops you did it again:

just said if you are against what USA is doing maybe you should join the jihad

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? see this is the problem with your logic (again). if someone disagrees with you then they are not patriotic not american and not against the terrorists

since you are so gungho join the military ASAP

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Who said anything about disagreeing with me? My comment was based on your anti-everything American stance.

I don't think they have any office work in the Mideast, I hope you're right though.

Duff McCartney
12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
You'll have 0 respect from any enlisted person when you join. Nobody(enlisted person) has respect for officers that come out of college.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 05:58 PM
when have i taken an "anti-everything american stance"? i havent you little jerkoff.

also opposing policy is not being anti american go fuck yourself

JoeChalupa
12-01-2004, 06:18 PM
You'll have 0 respect from any enlisted person when you join. Nobody(enlisted person) has respect for officers that come out of college.

Not all "butter bars" are college whackos.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Wow, thanks for your opinion (obviously based on prior experience) Duff.

You do realize 41% of the officers in the military come from the "civilian" side (direct commission or acceptance through OCS), right?

I've got a sister that's a full colonel in the Army, a bro that's Chief Petty Officer in the Navy, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Respect among the troops is all about being "one of them", not about whether you were a grunt first.

Lead by example and build trust with the men in your unit, and you'll have all the respect you need.

Soldier first, bureaucrat second.

2pac
12-01-2004, 06:24 PM

Name some commissioned officers that didnt go to college.

You think Colin Powell wasn't respected as he worked his way up to 4star. He was never enlisted - he went to CCNY, was in ROTC and then began his career.

What about Ike? Commissioned after college.

What about Patton? Commissioned after college.

The enlisted men who automatically discount commissioned officers are the ones with chips on their shoulders, and probably arent all that bright.

My uncle enlisted, and is a Master Sergeant in the USMC. He served in Afghanistan and two tours in Iraq. He has a lot of respect for officers, even the young ones, because there is such a demand to get into OCS, he knows that the ones that get in are the absolute best, and are people that want to be there.

Dont be an idiot, Duff. I know its hard for you.

JoeChalupa
12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
When I was in the Corps, an an enlisted man and damn proud of it, there were some young college officers who "thought" they knew it all but it the enlisted NCO's that covered their asses on more than one occasion.

We did have more respect for the Warrant Officers who had been enlisted men before because they knew what it was like. But it does depend on the quality of the officer that would determine who they were respected.

To be honest, I'd follow or listen to my Gunny or Top's orders before I'd listen to an officer...but that doesn't apply to all situations.

violentkitten
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
aggie you should tell joetaco to join the jihad too

JoeChalupa
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
The enlisted men who automatically discount commissioned officers are the ones with chips on their shoulders, and probably arent all that bright.

I am offended by that comment.

But there are also officer's with chips on their soldiers and may not be all that bright either. For in battle, a degree may not mean shit.

But hey that is just me and in closing I will say....SEMPER FI!!!

Oh, and I always respected for officers because....well, I'm a Marine and that is what we do.

JoeChalupa
12-01-2004, 06:40 PM
That's Joe Chalupa to you my furry friend.

2pac
12-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I am offended by that comment.

But there are also officer's with chips on their soldiers and may not be all that bright either. For in battle, a degree may not mean shit.

Absolutely.

But hey that is just me and in closing I will say....SEMPER FI!!!

Oh, and I always respected for officers because....well, I'm a Marine and that is what we do.

You just contradicted yourself.

If you automatically discount an officer, just because he went to college - you are a moron and you do have a chip on your shoulder.

If the officer was an idiot, then he needs to be put in his place, and most of the time the capt will do that.

From my exp, most 2Lts dont come in flexing their OCS muscles and ordering around the enlisted. If they are, that wont last too long.

travis2
12-01-2004, 08:11 PM
From my exp, most 2Lts dont come in flexing their OCS muscles and ordering around the enlisted. If they are, that wont last too long.

Exactly.

Duff McCartney
12-01-2004, 11:14 PM
That's what I'm saying...I meant when they first come in they have zero respect.

AHF your sister is a COLONEL, not a 2lt. When they first come in they get no respect. NCOs basically see these guys as privates, with more rank, because they don't know anything.

Duff McCartney
12-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Wow, thanks for your opinion (obviously based on prior experience) Duff.

You do realize 41% of the officers in the military come from the "civilian" side (direct commission or acceptance through OCS), right?

I've got a sister that's a full colonel in the Army, a bro that's Chief Petty Officer in the Navy, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Respect among the troops is all about being "one of them", not about whether you were a grunt first.

Lead by example and build trust with the men in your unit, and you'll have all the respect you need.

Soldier first, bureaucrat second.

I know they come from the civilian side, that's why at first they don't get any respect. I was in the Army for two years. and you hear that shit from all the NCOs and enlisted persons talking behind the backs of the fresh officers.

But if the CO does what he is supposed to do, they don't talk smack for long.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Duff, my sister didn't start out a colonel.

I think you need to pay attention to what Joe is saying. I come from a military family. I'm a firm believer that you have to give someone respect before they'll give it to you, and probably more importantly respect is something that you earn, not something that is given to you because of a rank on your shoulder.

You were in the Army a whole two years, wow. My dad's retired USAF (20), my sister's at 18 years, and I have a bro retired Navy who was in 15. I think I'll go with their 43 years of collective experience in dealing with officers over yours.

Duff McCartney
12-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Duff, my sister didn't start out a colonel.

I know she didn't start out as a colonel, and I never said she did. I'm saying the reason you don't see that now is because she is a colonel, she earned it.

I'm saying that when they first get in...they get saluted and called sir or ma'am, but NCO's don't give them much respect besides that. Talking about them behind their backs, it all happens until they get respect. Hell even my Drill Sergeants would talk shit about our CO behind his back.

Duff McCartney
12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
probably more importantly respect is something that you earn, not something that is given to you because of a rank on your shoulder.

Which is exactly why newly commissioned officers don't get much from NCO's when they first join the unit. They get the respect from NCO's that you are supposed to give an officer, but the respect that they get from earning it.

I'm not trying to say I didn't respect any officer in my company, I never saw the difference in serving as an enlisted man before being a commissioned officer and not being one. But alot of NCO's and non-NCO's don't see it that way.

Hook Dem
12-02-2004, 12:50 AM
And you would know this how Duff?

Useruser666
12-02-2004, 09:43 AM
And you would know this how Duff?

Because he counceled his GI-JOE's! :lol

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm all for a middle ground...but I don't think the middle ground involves being a Republican or being a Democrat.

It's a funny thing how something as meaningless as politics can divide people so much.

I don't think it's very meaningless to the people who lose their lives as a result of the politics of this world.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 11:13 AM

People that quit don't exactly get a whole lot of respect. I have faith in AHF being able to earn respect over you knowing shit about respect.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Actually, furthermore, what job on this earth do you go in with respect?

Everything I've ever done has required the earning of respect to show what you can do.

You guys will have to excuse Duff, he's just out of touch with ..... Everything.

GoldToe
12-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Giving someone respect and actually having respect for that someone are totally different.

Nbadan
12-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Hell, this is the first poll I wish I could have voted 5 different times. Nice job Kitty!

:hat

Duff McCartney
12-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Actually, furthermore, what job on this earth do you go in with respect?

Everything I've ever done has required the earning of respect to show what you can do.

That's exactly my point. The same thing applies to newely commissioned officers.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Well thanks for pointing out a point that was irrelevant and assumed.

Duff, Capitan Obvious!

Clandestino
12-02-2004, 02:11 PM
when i was in we would look at all officers (ocs or west point) with a wary eye until they proved themselves otherwise. the warrants by far, were always welcomed with open arms until they screwed up. usually the former warrants garnered the most respect bc you knew they had done your job before. it is hard to respect someone that tries to tell you what to do if they have never even done it themselves.

2pac
12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
when i was in we would look at all officers (ocs or west point) with a wary eye until they proved themselves otherwise. the warrants by far, were always welcomed with open arms until they screwed up. usually the former warrants garnered the most respect bc you knew they had done your job before. it is hard to respect someone that tries to tell you what to do if they have never even done it themselves.

Just because they havent physically done it doesnt mean they dont know more about it than you.

Clandestino
12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Just because they havent physically done it doesnt mean they dont know more about it than you.

i was a translator...in the army and also as a civilian... i remember a captain arguing with one of my co-workers telling him, "i can't believe it takes you x amount of time to translate this piece, etc"... the soldier said, "you try it then..tell me how long it takes you!" the captain only spoke enlish... he didn't say anything and then left us to do our job...

Opinionater
12-02-2004, 05:36 PM
IMHO if you aren't willing to leave the comfort of your home and family to go to Iraq then you should just keep your comments to yourself.

I have no problem saying I don't want to go to Iraq.

Guru of Nothing
12-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Man, y'all got me reminiscing about my old days on the USS San Juan.

Rank meant something at chow time and on paydays, but beyond that, you better have some Dolphins on your chest.

Random humor: We had an Academy Grad j.g fresh out of nuclear school back in the early 90s who was not on the Engineer's good side. His last name was Hensley, but we all called him Leona.