PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of the NBA

himat
06-03-2007, 02:21 AM
It's not because the Pistons lost. It all for money and finesse. Once Tim Duncan is out of his prime we won't see great all around teams for a long time.

The Pistons are almost dead. It will be a couple more years before LeHype will be given a championship by the NBA, and the Spurs will have Timmy out of his prime.

I just don't see a true championship team winning after the Spurs run is over. It's pathetic. The Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, and Pistons of the 80s and 90s had hall of famers, but their teams earned their championships.

The NBA has turned into a weak game. Can't wait till that changes.

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 02:23 AM
It's not because the Pistons lost. It all for money and finesse. Once Tim Duncan is out of his prime we won't see great all around teams for a long time.

The Pistons are almost dead. It will be a couple more years before LeHype will be given a championship by the NBA, and the Spurs will have Timmy out of his prime.

I just don't see a true championship team winning after the Spurs run is over. It's pathetic. The Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, and Pistons of the 80s and 90s had hall of famers, but their teams earned their championships.

LIAR.

himat
06-03-2007, 02:27 AM
LIAR.

I swear. The Pistons losing made me say this, but I have felt this way for some time now.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Watching these last two playoffs has been absolutely disgusting. the referees are allowed to run wild with their whistles. Last year, I watched Jason Terry get absolutely hammered driving into the lane at the end of game 3 - no call.
It's sad, really - the NBA has become so obsessed with creating the next Michael Jordan that they seem to have forgotten that basketball is a team sport. No other team in the NBA defend and play as a team like these Spurs and these Pistons - the Suns play team ball, but it's the fast, run and gun style everyone loves - and once Nash is gone, that regime will end too; and once that happens, the league will be dominated by 'teams' led by big names - Oden, Durant, James, Wade, Bryant..Carmelo should be on there too, but Stern hates his guts.

BUMP
06-03-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah i felt the same way after what Wade did to us last year in the Finals. of course, everyone here said that we were completely lying and we had no idea what we were talking about. so if Lebron gets the same treatment Wade got last year in the Finals..........

of course this time im gonna be licking my chops and watch it happen to the Spurs and rub it in if it does. :hungry:

himat
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
yeah i felt the same way after what Wade did to us last year in the Finals. of course, everyone here said that we were completely lying and we had no idea what we were talking about. so if Lebron gets the same treatment Wade got last year in the Finals..........

of course this time im gonna be licking my chops and watch it happen to the Spurs and rub it in if it does. :hungry:

I think the Spurs will win it this year. Maybe next year they will suffer their forced loss in the playoffs.

Spurs are too good of a team the NBA can't have that.
:rolleyes BS. The NBA keeps getting worse and worse. I can't believe Sheed is the only one who blew up yesterday.

BUMP
06-03-2007, 09:58 AM
alright, alright i'll spill the guts

the truth is, i actually feel that your team got jobbed big time. the fouls were absolutely ridiculous. there was one time that Prince was going in for a layup and Pavlocic attempted to take a weak charge, Prince missed in the trainwreck, and no foul was called. i got up and laughed in amazement. it was basically watching last year's Finals all over again, except this time you knew it was coming and it had a weird feeling because of it. when Lebron drove to the hoop, the refs got excited and all three of them blew their whistles almost simultaneously. thats a sign. Jordan was great for ratings, but he was really a one of a kind player that earned his championships, but since he was great for ratings, the NBA is trying to mold another Jordan type player. i feel Dallas got robbed last year because of it, the Pistons got robbed because of it this year, and the Spurs will get robbed of it this year too.

KFRebel
06-03-2007, 10:04 AM
OK, OK I'll jump in the Jewish Conspiracy & All Stern's Fault™ Bandwagon too. It's all about zee money and ratings. LeBronze is a fag. So when are you guys going to stop watching NBA?

himat
06-03-2007, 10:10 AM
alright, alright i'll spill the guts

the truth is, i actually feel that your team got jobbed big time. the fouls were absolutely ridiculous. there was one time that Prince was going in for a layup and Pavlocic attempted to take a weak charge, Prince missed in the trainwreck, and no foul was called. i got up and laughed in amazement. it was basically watching last year's Finals all over again, except this time you knew it was coming and it had a weird feeling because of it. when Lebron drove to the hoop, the refs got excited and all three of them blew their whistles almost simultaneously. thats a sign. Jordan was great for ratings, but he was really a one of a kind player that earned his championships, but since he was great for ratings, the NBA is trying to mold another Jordan type player. i feel Dallas got robbed last year because of it, the Pistons got robbed because of it this year, and the Spurs will get robbed of it this year too.

The guy is already impossible to guard. I listened to game on the radio. Former Piston John Long kept on hating the fact that the Cavs got away with flopping and LeBron getting carried to a victory by the refs.

Just like last year the Pistons lost because they didn't play well. I think they would of escaped with a win if the refs didn't help LeBron though.

Wade had Shaq last year and that went a long way in beating the Mavs.

The Spurs will have their set up loss next year or two years from now.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't see the Spurs getting 'victimized'; primarily because they usually don't let calls get in their head too much. Besides, that spurs defense will not allow Lebron to go off the way he did, and Mike Brown will, one way or another, find a way to coach his way into a loss. He did that at least 5 times against us, but we were only able to capitalize on it twice; Lebron bailed his ass out the other 3 times. We couldn't capitalize, but the Spurs will.

KFRebel
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
The guy is already impossible to guard. I listened to game on the radio. Former Piston John Long kept on hating the fact that the Cavs got away with flopping and LeBron getting carried to a victory by the refs.

Just like last year the Pistons lost because they didn't play well. I think they would of escaped with a win if the refs didn't help LeBron though.

Wade had Shaq last year and that went a long way in beating the Mavs.

The Spurs will have their set up loss next year or two years from now.

If this is all true then they should have won Games 1 & 2. :rolleyes

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Not having a dominant team is a good thing for the nba.

himat
06-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Not having a dominant team is a good thing for the nba.

:lol I doesn't have to be dominating team. There should be a lot of teams who are very good that can compete for titles. That won't happen though. After the Spurs get jobbed. It will be LeBron holding every title. The guy is amazing. The refs helping him is just pathetic though. (Pistons played bad and that's why they lost, but just like Wade last year the refs were the last straw).

conversekid
06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
:lol I doesn't have to be dominating team. There should be a lot of teams who are very good that can compete for titles. That won't happen though. After the Spurs get jobbed. It will be LeBron holding every title. The guy is amazing. The refs helping him is just pathetic though. (Pistons played bad and that's why they lost, but just like Wade last year the refs were the last straw).

Dallas/Suns are still very good teams that can compete the next few years for a title... bron wouldn't take either of them in a 7 game seriers - IMO

StylisticS
06-03-2007, 11:25 AM

If something like that happened this year, the NBA will start to lose some of it's fans and will start to become dead to me.

spursfan09
06-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm not a big believer in "conspiracies". What are ya'll gonna think if the Spurs win and there never seemed to be any help from the refs for the Cavs? I will admit though, that ya'll are making me terrified of the refs!!!

StylisticS
06-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm not a big believer in "conspiracies". What are ya'll gonna think if the Spurs win and there never seemed to be any help from the refs for the Cavs? I will admit though, that ya'll are making me terrified of the refs!!!

you shouldn't be terrified. nor should you be surprised. This is the NBA. It has the shittiest officials known to man.

freedom&justice
06-03-2007, 12:21 PM
you shouldn't be terrified. nor should you be surprised. This is the NBA. It has the shittiest officials known to man.

:tu
Prepare to be Salvatore'd. :drunk

DarkReign
06-03-2007, 12:55 PM
All bullshit.

The Pistons werent jobbed in anyway.

They were outplayed in every fathomable statistic and hustle play imaginable for 6 games straight.

Were there some BS calls against them? Of course! Cavs could say the same thing (Rip on Bron, game 2).

Point is, its a superstar league and Detroit doesnt have one.

Spurs do.
Suns do.
Cavs do.
Mavs do.
Heat do.
Raptors do.
Nets do.
etc, etc

What we have seen the past couple of years is the major fuck-up that was Darko-fucking-Milicic.

The deepest draft in the past 20 years, and we get Fennis Dembo.

Not one Detroit fan would be bitching about anything right now if they had drafted Wade, Melo, Bosh, Paul, et all.

Name the last team to win an NBA championship without a sure-fire Hall of Famer...

There has been only one, ever...the 2004 Pistons.

Every other time in the past 30 years its been a collection of stars or one SuperStar.

Showtime Lakers, Larry's Celtics, Bad Boys, MJ's dominance, The Twin Towers, Shaq&Kobe, Hakeem the Dream...need I go on?

You can piss and moan about it, but the truth is the truth. The 04 Pistons were an aberation, a once in a lifetime (literally) event that wont be repeated for another generattion.

Be happy you had the opportunity to watch the only time its ever happened, and that it was YOUR team.

spursfan09
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll really start question the integrity if they bring back Joey Crawford for the finals!!!!

SRJ
06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
DarkReign, that was one hell of a post.

As for the rest of you...

Sometimes these teams just sneak up. Who saw the Bulls winning 6 titles in 8 years? Even after they won their first one? Who thought the Rockets would go back-to-back?

Watching these last two playoffs has been absolutely disgusting. the referees are allowed to run wild with their whistles. Last year, I watched Jason Terry get absolutely hammered driving into the lane at the end of game 3 - no call.

This happens all the time at the end of games. It happened to LeBron in game two of the ECF. Which is strange, considering that the NBA is favoring him.

It's sad, really - the NBA has become so obsessed with creating the next Michael Jordan that they seem to have forgotten that basketball is a team sport. No other team in the NBA defend and play as a team like these Spurs and these Pistons - the Suns play team ball, but it's the fast, run and gun style everyone loves - and once Nash is gone, that regime will end too; and once that happens, the league will be dominated by 'teams' led by big names - Oden, Durant, James, Wade, Bryant..Carmelo should be on there too, but Stern hates his guts.

Trust me, those teams will play like teams. After drafting a superstar player, the next step is to surround him with players that compliment his talents. That's the way it's always been.

If the Cavs don't look like much of a team yet, it's because they're still a work in progress. They're going to get better.

I can't believe Sheed is the only one who blew up yesterday.

Seriously? It's hard to believe Rasheed is the only one who lost his mind?

Rasheed is the Old Faithful geyser of NBA players going apeshit. The rest of the Pistons took it like men because they lost the series, and they knew it. None of the Spurs bitched at the end of game seven last year - because they got beat.

If there is an NBA conspiracy, how did Detroit defeat The Greatest Team Of All Time (TM) in 2004? How have the Spurs won any championships?

td4mvp21
06-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with refs. There has always been surprise championship teams in the history of sports. It's what makes sports exciting. I think the main issue is good teams getting complacent. It happened to the Pistons, it's happened to the Mavs, it's happened to the Spurs, it's happened to the Lakers. Also, with certain teams talked about constantly, many overlook the true talent of other teams. I think that's the case with the Cavaliers. To be honest, they weren't talked about too much this season. It was all Dirk and Nash, Dallas and Phoenix. The Cavs won 50 games, beat some good NBA teams, and are now in the Finals. Same thing happened with Miami in '06.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2007, 03:13 PM

The NBA has turned into a weak game. Can't wait till that changes.This is what I've been saying for a while.

The NBA is lame.

himat
06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I will say it again. I am not saying this because my team lost. I have felt this way for a while, but I finally felt like saying it.

The NBA is going to be the WWF soon. We all know what the outcome will be 90% of the time. The 04 Pistons won't be seen for another generation because the NBA won't allow it. I believe that a team that works as hard as that team did could win championships even if they don't have a hall of famer. The NBA game in my opinion is getting worse.

himat
06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
For those of you who still don't believe me tell me what happened in international ball. Oh yeah...the superstars were not getting all the calls and guess what happened they lost and it was so "upsetting".

What happened in the 80's-90's. Oh MJ and Magic lead the USA team to dominant wins.

The NBA is getting weaker every year. I saw some Bill Laimbeer highlights where he tackled guys by the neck. Now a player can't even look into another player's eyes. :pctoss

SRJ
06-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Lord.

Team USA has been losing international competitions recently because the rest of the world is light-years ahead of where they were in 1992. That should be obvious, unless you suffer from conspiracy delusions.

And if you think the NBA was better when goons were allowed to tackle players by the neck, well, that makes you a complete asshead with zero credibility.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Lord.

Team USA has been losing international competitions recently because the rest of the world is light-years ahead of where they were in 1992. That should be obvious, unless you suffer from conspiracy delusions.

And if you think the NBA was better when goons were allowed to tackle players by the neck, well, that makes you a complete asshead with zero credibility.
Agreed.

dav4463
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I'll believe all the conspiracy talk if Bruce Bowen gets 3 fouls in the first quarter of each game and Tim gets offensive fouls called as Varajao flops out of bounds.

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:58 PM
People see what they want to see. =D

DarkReign
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I'll believe all the conspiracy talk if Bruce Bowen gets 3 fouls in the first quarter of each game and Tim gets offensive fouls called as Varajao flops out of bounds.

You can vbookie this. Spurs are going to really have to adjust to the attention and power that is LeBron.

Say what you want, LeBron doesnt flop. Hes so strong and fast, he takes contact and it doesnt even look like he gets touched and still makes the shot.

If you thought DWade got calls, LeBron gets them and the and1 because you cant stop him without a flagrant.

Wade is small. Bron is big.