PDA

View Full Version : Camby Available?

bigfish22
06-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Can someone please post what ESPN insider is saying on the NBA Rumor Central page about Marcus Camby as a potential mover this summer?

Imagine 3 first team all defensive players starting next fall...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Aging, injured, highly paid and not clutch (see rd 1). We don't want him.

If they trade him, what would we give up? We have nothing they want.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-03-2007, 03:37 AM
:lol exactly ruff, there is nothing the Spurs could give up.

Camby will fetch something decent (if he is traded) for the Nuggets. Im happy if he gets traded coz im sick of his 20 feet jumpshots and lack of a lowpost game.

thekingrobert
06-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Camby is an improvement over Elson and Oberto, all the Spurs would ask is he bloack shots, Barry and Elson for Camby

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Camby is an improvement over Elson and Oberto, all the Spurs would ask is he bloack shots, Barry and Elson for Camby

:lmao

An over the hill backup swingman (who I really like, but isn't more than an expring salary in trade value), and a guy they let go??? Sorry, but you haven't thought that through.

They will get something decent for Camby, but not from us.

Kori Ellis
06-03-2007, 04:36 AM
ESPN Insider just links to this story ...

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_01.40181cd.html

Thursday was a quiet day in the Lakers' kingdom, and finally a peaceful one in Kobe Bryant's world, which was turned upside down during a four-day period of interviews ripping the organization.

The Lakers began taking steps towards healing those wounds when owner Jerry Buss reached out to Bryant before leaving for a trip to China, to assure his disgruntled star that he and the rest of Lakers management are committed to him and intent on making improvements.

"I talked with Kobe this morning and assured him that I share his frustration, and more importantly, I assured him that we will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone," Buss said in a statement. "I told him that we will keep him apprised of our progress, and we agreed that we will talk again in the very near future."

Bryant's frustration reached a boiling point Wednesday when he demanded to be traded. Then Bryant rescinded that demand later in the day, saying, "I don't want to go nowhere. I want to stay here."

As Bryant vented, he said no one from the Lakers called him and that he wanted to hear from Buss.

But Buss was dealing with his own problems. The 74-year-old was arrested early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol. The California Highway Patrol reported that Buss drove his car the wrong way on a street in an unincorporated section of Carlsbad and was taken into custody shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday. Buss was released around 10:30 a.m. that day.

Bryant, frustrated by another disappointing season, boiled over after being recently informed by Coach Phil Jackson that the Lakers were on a five-year rebuilding plan.

Bryant felt misled. When he signed his seven-year, $136 million extension during the summer of 2004, he said Buss told him that the Lakers would do what it takes to remain an elite team.

The Lakers already have been trying to appease Bryant, who has four years and $88.59 million left on his contract.

According to sources close to the team, the Lakers called Denver to see about the availability of center Marcus Camby, the defensive player of the year who will make $9 million next season and has three years and $26.65 million left on his contract.

Sources also said Indiana called the Lakers to gauge their interest in former All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal, who will make $19 million next season and still has three years and $64.1 million left on his deal.
Neither deal is imminent, sources said.

Lakers public relations director John Black said the team received more than 500 e-mails from season-ticket holders, and that more than 90 percent said to keep Bryant.

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 09:06 AM
As a couple people have already mentioned... even if they're interested in trading Camby (which I doubt), we don't have what it would take to get him.

BUT, anyone who acts like Camby wouldn't make the Spurs better, is an idiot.

exstatic
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Camby would be a great fit if he weren't making a bajillion dollars and if could play more than 50 games per season, so no, we don't want him.

SpursFanFirst
06-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Aging, injured, highly paid and not clutch (see rd 1). We don't want him.

If they trade him, what would we give up? We have nothing they want.

I agree...I wasn't impressed with him at all. DPOY :rolleyes