PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the cavs or any team

maddnezz
06-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Make Lebron play some defence!!!!!!! Period. You stop a superstar by getting him into foul trouble. That's how we've stopped Shaq, Kobe, Carmello, ect....
It aint rocket science people! Attack the basket. The quicker we get them into 5 team fouls the more tenative they will be on defence. On the other end we must cover the 3 point shooters and force them baseline. Watching the game last nite i noticed that there mid-range game is suspect. Pay attention to small details and we shold be fine , but it won't be easy, they are the eastern conference champs! Go Spurs Go!!!

SpursIndonesia
06-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Guys like Pavlovic, Gibson, Hughes, they can't hit midrange jumper consistently. IMHO, in this series against the Spurs, i can see Cavs Bigs who would be our biggest threat, if we can't keep them off the offensive glass. Also, Gooden & Ziggy have the offensive game to keep our inside defense off their feet.

Ofcourse, a steady dose of dominant offensive play by TD and aggressive rim attack by Tony & Manu would put a lot of pressure on them defensively, and might disrupt their offensive game.

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I think Pop takes a cue from last nights game, and takes the ball out of Lebrons hands most of the time, while covering up the 3 point line. Make the others try to beat us with 18 - 20 foot jumpers.

If Bron decides to drive, foul him and foul him hard. Make him make free throws. There are some that claim he doesn't care much for hard contact, and if he is busted hard on a couple of drives he will revert to jump shooting.

So far we have eliminated 3 teams in the West that are probably better than the Cavs. Certainly they were more physical. I see no reason why the Spurs can't eliminate the Cavs in 5 or 6 just like they did to the Nugs, The Suns, and The Jazz.

tmtcsc
06-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Guard LeBron one-on-one and force him to take jump shots. Make him work for his points. Guard everyone else. That's it.

On offense, spread the floor and let Tim go one on one with Z. If the double comes -- pass out to open perimeter shooters or guards slashing to the basket. Keep their bigs out of the paint.