PDA

View Full Version : Mav fans once again i ask....

BUMP
06-03-2007, 09:33 AM
who will you be rooting for?

for me, its a no brainer. last year in the Finals, Spur fans turned their back on us and it is time for us to seek our revenge. i hope you men join me in my efforts to support their opposition. this means war!

LETS GO CAVS, LETS GO CAVS,

we must RISE UP Cavs fans in unity!

CubanMustGo
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Whatever. You've been assholes for the last year plus, why stop now?

BUMP
06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Whatever. You've been assholes for the last year plus, why stop now?
tell me why i should root for the Spurs? once again....

RRRRRRRRRRRRISE UP CAV FANS!

mabber
06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm rooting for a competitive series. I can't see the Cavs winning but I'm hoping they at least win a couple of games. Outside of that I really don't care who wins.

BUMP
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
if the Spurs win, maybe i'll stop talking smack to their fans.......

maybe

MajorMike
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, mavs fans would hate for us to win a title before they do.... whooops.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Go Cavs Go! Sounds like Mavs. :D

lurker
06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I always go with the western conference team. I just can't cheer on the east.

Plus, I'd much rather Finley get a ring than King Overhype.

StylisticS
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
^^After the type of series he had, I don't understand how you can call him overhype. He is the real deal.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
^^After the type of series he had, I don't understand how you can call him overhype. He is the real deal.
I agree. He has earned his hype now.

spursfan09
06-03-2007, 11:36 AM
if the Spurs win, maybe i'll stop talking smack to their fans.......

maybe

Cause you won't be able to say anything if they win thier 4th championship.

SpursDynasty
06-03-2007, 02:01 PM
If LeBron can do vs. the West what he does in the East, until then, not impressed.

Spurs in 4. Calling it now.

"I don’t consider what Golden State has done thus far to be an upset because they had defeated Dallas all three times they played in the regular season. Regardless of the fact that Dallas won 67 games this year, one thing you must take note of is that the playoffs are different than the regular season." - Bill Russell

ChumpDumper
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
We don't want or need bandwagoners.

SpursDynasty
06-03-2007, 02:10 PM
If the NBA would just start the Finals tomorrow, the series would be done by Saturday.

trueD
06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Lebron lover here.

My prediction is the Spurs have more trouble than expected getting by the Cavs, but win the troph nonetheless. I can live with that. Lebron will be around awhile longer. :)

trueD
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Oops, not a mavs fan...so why the hell did I answer? :lol

BUMP
06-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Oops, not a mavs fan...so why the hell did I answer? :lol

well technically you didnt answer. i asked who you were going to root for.

its ok if your not a Mav fan, cause as long as you root for the Cavs with me, your good :lol

trueD
06-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Technically, we're good BUMP.

Kamnik
06-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Mavs fans should just root for their own players to have succes in Caribbean, Baltic, Pacific or whichever sea or ocean they are fishing in!

:cheer

dg7md
06-03-2007, 04:56 PM
We don't want or need bandwagoners.

:toast

I'm glad you Mavs fans don't want us to win. Don't root for us.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
:toast

I'm glad you Mavs fans don't want us to win. Don't root for us.

I wont. BTW do you watch that show House? If so then badass cuz I enjoy it.

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I wont. BTW do you watch that show House? If so then badass cuz I enjoy it.

Dirk, I hate to say this, but whoever you have as your favorite team, that team winds up losing in the playoffs. for the sake of all Spurs-haters, I say that you need to change your favorite team to San Antonio Spurs and root HARD for them. :lol

picnroll
06-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Dayam I thought this was the thread for the Second Anniversary Dallas Western Conference Championship Memorial celebration and I was here to congratulate you.

Holmes_Fans
06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, mavs fans would hate for us to win a title before they do.... whooops.
Technically you haven't, It took the spurs 30 years to even make it to the finals. The mavs did it in 26 :D

dg7md
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Technically you haven't, It took the spurs 30 years to even make it to the finals. The mavs did it in 26 :D

If that makes you feel any better... go for it. :spin

mavsfan1000
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Owned. :lol

Amarelooms
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Fuck The Cavs....go Spurs!!!!!

florige
06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I actually wanted the Mavs to win it last year up until Dirk started kicking crap in Miami acting like a 5 year old. After that I was all Miami.

u2sarajevo
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
For the sake of Finley and the Great State of Texas I'm rooting for the Spurs.

Holmes_Fans
06-03-2007, 10:00 PM
If that makes you feel any better... go for it. :spin

and the heat are twice the better franchise then the spurs since they won theirs in 16 years

miss paxton
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM

It didn't take the Spurs 30 years to get to the Finals. They joined the NBA in 1976 and played in their first Finals in 1999. That's 23 years. Even counting from the ABA, it wasn't 30 years until their first Finals.

texbound
06-03-2007, 10:37 PM

The San Antonio Spurs first season was in 1972-73 (they were the Dallas Chaps prior to that), so techinically it took the SA Spurs 26 years to make the finals and WIN their first championship. They had the whole Dallas thing going against them from 67-72.

BUMP
06-04-2007, 12:18 AM
For the sake of Finley

even though im rooting hard against the Spurs, i will be proud of Finley if he gets that ring. :) :clap

maybe, im not sure yet. i would much rather the Spurs not win then Finley get his ring. it will be a like a small consolation

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I'll never root for the Mavs as long as Cuban owns the team. Has nothing to do with the outcome of last year's series. It has little to do with how classless the bandwagon Mavs fans are. I want the bandwagon Mavs fans to root for Cleveland. It just makes the win that much sweeter.

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Well, there is that western conference champion banner. Yay Dallas.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-04-2007, 12:49 AM
I actually wanted the Mavs to win it last year up until Dirk started kicking crap in Miami acting like a 5 year old. After that I was all Miami.
Yeah, a lot of neutral BBall fans who didn't care and just wanted a competitive series, were like "what the hell?"
after Dirk embarrassed himself, nationally.

Oh yeah, and Jason Terry running around like he was an airplane on the biggest stage didn't win hearts over either.

B and P Cats
06-04-2007, 01:10 AM
I'll never root for the Mavs as long as Cuban owns the team. Has nothing to do with the outcome of last year's series. It has little to do with how classless the bandwagon Mavs fans are. I want the bandwagon Mavs fans to root for Cleveland. It just makes the win that much sweeter.

Oh give it up! You'll never root for the Mavs no matter who owns that team! :sleep

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh give it up! You'll never root for the Mavs no matter who owns that team! :sleep
What would make you think something like that? I liked the Mavericks until Cuban bought the team. That's why I know more about them than 99 percent of the Mavs fans on here. We used to go to Mavs games in the 90s with the real Maverick fans who actually knew basketball and were there to enjoy the game rather than to be seen at an event.

Oh yeah. You've been here for years with your week old username. So what Maverick fan were you before? Off the bandwagon so soon?

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Lol I really don't care who wins as long as its a competitive series...

toosmallshoes
06-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Lol I really don't care who wins as long as its a competitive series...
If you don't care then why are you posting?....on the spurs board...? as a mavs fan.....?... It don't make no sense.

RonMexico
06-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Whoever wins the flopping battle wins the series... so, Manu, Oberto, and Varejao... start your engines!

hater
06-04-2007, 10:24 AM
The mavs did it in 26 :D

and lost. I don't see mavs winning a championship in the next 4 years. no way in hell

stretch
06-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Cavs in 6.

monosylab1k
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
That's ironic since Manu didn't flop once against the Suns

:lmao :lmao :lmao funniest thing I've read in years

m.m.
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM

for me, its a no brainer. last year in the Finals, Spur fans turned their back on us and it is time for us to seek our revenge. i hope you men join me in my efforts to support their opposition. this means war!

LETS GO CAVS, LETS GO CAVS,

we must RISE UP Cavs fans in unity!

hater
06-04-2007, 01:08 PM
So when Spurs win, it will also piss off mav fans again? great!

Findog
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
fuck that, Finley needs to get his ring. That outweighs the obnoxiousness of a great portion of the spurs fanbase. If Finley played elsewhere, then Cavs all the way.

ratm1221
06-04-2007, 01:27 PM

Nice. :clap

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Who cares about making it to the FINALS.......that just tells me thats what you are holding on to as a franchise.....when you get a chance go to SA, ATT center and go to our trophy case.....there you will see a big shiny Hoop with a ball on the top about to go in....know what that is......A CHAMPIONSHIP.... IN fact you will see 3 of them.

Islymore
06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
wow... so much thot has went into the responses on this thread, really guys. :p

interesting series, possibly.
predictable outcome, somewhat.
shocking upset, doubtful but it could happen.

so I really was lookin' forward to a Piston-Spur Finals rematch, but since the Pistons didnt make it, I guess it would be easy for me to root for the Cavs, but something makes me hesitate. it really doesnt matter to me one way or the other, but if i had to pick a team, I'd go with the Spurs.

BUMP
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
What would make you think something like that? I liked the Mavericks until Cuban bought the team.

so you were a fan until Cuban bought the team? what year was that? what year did the Spurs win their first championship? and your calling us bandwagoners?

real fans dont switch teams.

LEONARD
06-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Cavs...no brainer...

If LeBron can do vs. the West what he does in the East, until then, not impressed.

Spurs in 4. Calling it now.

Wow, you're still here?? 94 views, ZERO replies...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68616

Take a hint douche bag... :lol

mardigan
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
But I so wanted mav fans rooting for us

ponky
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
i'll be rooting for the cavs, they are the underdogs and the spurs had it way too easy (yeah, the cavs did too, even easier than the spurs but they are going up against a battle tested goliath in the finals) this year en route to the finals. as for the dude saying we've been assholes all year, whatever, just because we won't root for the spurs, that doesn't make us assholes. i won't be *actively* rooting for the cavs on the board too much, they aren't *my* team per se, i would just like to see them come out and play hard against the spurs, at least make it to six games, seven would be ideal but that's going to be hard for them. that's kind of harsh how the front page of nba.com has the lebron posterizing dunk over duncan.

MavericksDynasty
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
But I so wanted mav fans rooting for us

Ha. I'm rooting for Michael Finley...otherwise I'd be pulling for Cle as well.

MavericksDynasty
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Ha. I'm rooting for Michael Finley...otherwise I'd be pulling for Cle as well.

Oh shit, forgot to log out of MavericksDynasty and back to Findog. Shit, first out of character post as MD.

nsrammstein
06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I will never ever root for the spurs, they are a classless franchise that flops. They should be named the San Antonio Salmons.

Tippecanoe
06-04-2007, 03:55 PM

It took the spurs 26 years to win a championship. (32 as chaparrals+spurs)
It took the mavs.....oh wait

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I will never ever root for the spurs, they are a classless franchise that flops. They should be named the San Antonio Salmons.

I'd rather support a "classless franchise that flops" AND wins championships(Spurs) over a classless franchise that flops and chokes worse than a $2 whore(Mavs).

nsrammstein
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
The spurs and spurs fans can stick their 3 championships up their ass. Thank god we have other sports teams in dallas not just a basketball team

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5149/superbowls0lv.jpg

Findog
06-04-2007, 04:41 PM
The spurs and spurs fans can stick their 3 championships up their ass. Thank god we have other sports teams in dallas not just a basketball team

Don't care about hockey or the Stars.

Rangers are not a professional sports team.

I don't have the emotional connection to the Cowboys as I do with the Mavericks. I've already witnessed three superbowl titles, they could go 0-16 every year for the rest of my life and I would not care. I have no emotional investment in the Cowboys -- if they do great, fine. If not, basketball season runs concurrently.

I'd trade that Stanley Cup and those five super bowls for one Mavericks championship. The Spurs can be a dynasty. I'm not greedy, I just want one.

Findog
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
so you were a fan until Cuban bought the team? what year was that? what year did the Spurs win their first championship? and your calling us bandwagoners?

real fans dont switch teams.

Cuban bought the team in January of 2000, IIRC. Spurs won their first title in June of 99.

I don't really get the hatred of Cuban by other team's fans. When he talks smack about the Riverwalk and stuff, he's just playing the part of a heel. I wonder if other team's fans can understand that, apart from some of his antics, we absolutely love the guy for spending the money to keep this team in the upper echelon. Only Dirk is left from the foundation he inherited and the team has continued to win. Dead franchise, dead team, and they would've briefly become a playoff team with Nellie and the Big Three, but would Perot Jr. have spent the money to keep this thing going?

I can understand the hate for the guy from other fanbases, but try to see it from our point of view. The man has played a huge role in resurrecting professional basketball in Dallas.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
The spurs and spurs fans can stick their 4 championships up their ass. Thank god we have other sports teams in dallas not just a basketball team

I corrected you. Hope you don't mind.

Findog
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I corrected you. Hope you don't mind.

I'm rooting for Finley, but when I see this kind of arrogant entitlement overtake part of the Spurs fanbase that reminds me of Laker fan, part of me thinks it would be kinda sweet if the Spurs fans had to deal with the same kind of choking we did last year. Doubt it will happen though, so you're probably right about that fourth title.

Findog
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM

Are you kidding? They just happened to have cameras in the hallway. You'd be shocked then at much of what is seen and heard in losing locker rooms. Do you think Sheed was like "Goshdarnit it guys, we gave it our best shot by golly but the Cavs were better. Who's up for milkshakes?"

dav4463
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Dallas may have other sports teams, but we will take quality over quantity.

spursfan09
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM

:rolleyes weak shit. anyways it looks like choking is in the water in dallas. Is Tony Romo taking lessons on how to choke from Dirk?

BUMP
06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah i have seen three superbowls in my life time :clap . but i started watching in 1982 unfortunately when the Redskins broke our heart in the 1982 nfc championship game. and then the Skins came back as a major offensive juggernaut in 83. tough time to root for the Cowboys and its a tough time to root for the Mavs as of now. hopefully they will turn it around just like the Boys did

Findog
06-05-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah i have seen three superbowls in my life time :clap . but i started watching in 1982 unfortunately when the Redskins broke our heart in the 1982 nfc championship game. and then the Skins came back as a major offensive juggernaut in 83. tough time to root for the Cowboys and its a tough time to root for the Mavs as of now. hopefully they will turn it around just like the Boys did

It's a tough time to be a Mavs fan as opposed to 11-71 and 13-69? Roy Tarpley? I see the Mavericks situation as akin to Mack Brown at Texas. For years people said he was nothing but a good recruiter but a terrible game-day coach and Texas would never win a national title with him. Nevermind the fact that Texas is a powerhouse football program and there's also Nebraska, the Florida schools, Ohio State, USC, Michigan, etc. You can't win every year. The fact is that the athletic dept set a goal of winning a national title and they got there.

Outside of the fat idiot in NYC, Cuban is the only guy willing to pay the luxury tax. He wants a title for Dallas badly and he and the braintrust are going to bring a trophy home one day. The money is there, the facilities are there, Donnie and Avery are smart guys that know hoops. We're closer to a title than we are to the lottery. As bad as Miami and Golden State hurt, they're ultimately going to be bumps on the road. Ask a Spurs fan what it was like to go out in the second round every year in the mid-nineties. Popovich, Buford and Holt make a good team. Two lucky ping pong balls in the hands of guys that know how to assemble a basketball team = four titles. One day we're getting ours, and it's coming sooner than you think.

dallaskd
06-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Go cavs

-sixers fan

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm rooting for Finley, but when I see this kind of arrogant entitlement overtake part of the Spurs fanbase that reminds me of Laker fan, part of me thinks it would be kinda sweet if the Spurs fans had to deal with the same kind of choking we did last year. Doubt it will happen though, so you're probably right about that fourth title.

Arrogance yes, entitlement is a bit iffy, but can you blame us, WE'RE PLAYING THE FUCKING CAVS. It's hard to fathom how bad the Spurs have to play, how bad Pop has to coach, to lose this.

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Also Go Cowboys, and yes I am a fan I was there for the super bowl years and the Quincy Carter/Campo years

medstudent
06-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Also Go Cowboys, and yes I am a fan I was there for the super bowl years and the Quincy Carter/Campo years

:pctoss

those were some frustrating years. so was last year. homo better pull his sack up and start playing some good ball under pressure.

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 12:20 AM

those were some frustrating years. so was last year. homo better pull his sack up and start playing some good ball under pressure.

There's no keeping TO from being a bitch, but I hope he can at least keep the ball in his hands this year,

Findog
06-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Arrogance yes, entitlement is a bit iffy, but can you blame us, WE'RE PLAYING THE FUCKING CAVS. It's hard to fathom how bad the Spurs have to play, how bad Pop has to coach, to lose this.

Cavs are a good defensive team and I don't know who on San Antonio is gonna guard LBJ. Do you let him get his and stay with everybody else, or do you key on him and let the other dudes get open looks? I don't see San Antonio losing this, but it wouldn't shock me, especially if James gets the "Wade Treatment."

MaNuMaNiAc
06-05-2007, 03:29 AM

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5149/superbowls0lv.jpgspoken like a true fucking loser :lol

Leetonidas
06-05-2007, 03:53 AM
The San Antonio Spurs first season was in 1972-73 (they were the Dallas Chaps prior to that), so techinically it took the SA Spurs 26 years to make the finals and WIN their first championship. They had the whole Dallas thing going against them from 67-72.
:owned :lmao

Leetonidas
06-05-2007, 03:54 AM

So your basketball team sucks so much dick you fall back on football? Damn, you've got to be the stupidest Maverick Fan there is because I have never seen anyone do that. What an idiot.

Islymore
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
alright, mav fans hate spur fans. spur fans hate mav fans. we get it now...

i hope the series goes at least 6 games, i would be disappointed in anything else. since LJ has been praised as the most holy i figure he can at least hustle his way into 5 games.... 6 is a prayer, but hey - i'm hopin for one.

maybe he will have another amazing game or two in the process as well and i can at least see that one. but i think im still pullin for the Spurs... as much as i hate to listen to TP talk, i love it when he runs!! lol... and who cant help but stare at Manu's nose? i know i cant. :P

so in this instance... my head is sayin Spurs.... but i dunno... still. its kinda tuff.

StylisticS
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd trade that Stanley Cup and those five super bowls for one Mavericks championship. The Spurs can be a dynasty. I'm not greedy, I just want one.

Whoa? The 5 superbowls. Think you're in the minority in that one in the metroplex. The Cowboys will forever own that city even if the Mavs somehow win 5 straight NBA Trophies. I'd love if the Mavs win one. It will be a great great day when it happens. But I wouldn't get rid of one of these whatsoever for anything.http://home.flash.net/~goss4jc/trophies.jpg

StylisticS
06-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Are you a Cowboy fan calling our qb what lame ass Redskin fans call our quarterback? If so, that's sorry as hell.

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Cavs are a good defensive team and I don't know who on San Antonio is gonna guard LBJ. Do you let him get his and stay with everybody else, or do you key on him and let the other dudes get open looks? I don't see San Antonio losing this, but it wouldn't shock me, especially if James gets the "Wade Treatment."

I say let Lebron get his and guard everyone else, as for the "Wade Treatment" as I;ve said before Wade is a lot better at the line than Lebron

Findog
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Whoa? The 5 superbowls. Think you're in the minority in that one in the metroplex. The Cowboys will forever own that city even if the Mavs somehow win 5 straight NBA Trophies. I'd love if the Mavs win one. It will be a great great day when it happens. But I wouldn't get rid of one of these whatsoever for anything

I root for the Cowboys but it causes me no discomfort whatsover when they lose. If they win, great. If not, my life is going pretty good otherwise. Until the Mavs win a title, Miami and Golden State will be an enduring pain.

StylisticS
06-05-2007, 11:36 AM
lol...i'm the exact opposite. it took me a couple weeks to get over the Romo thing. It took me a day or two to get over the Mavs losing to the Heat. It would have taken me a couple months or more if the Longhorns lost the national championship last year, though. But I love football that much.

Islymore
06-05-2007, 12:51 PM
while i love football and basketball... i would never trade the 5 Cowboys Rings!!! must be smokin to say such a thing. I root for the Boys just as much as the Mavs. Cant help it i guess. Miami and GS both hurt - but i got over those losses just as easy as i did Romo fuckin' up the field goal kick... but anyway, back to work!

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
man you would hang if the die hard Boys fans heard you say that hahahaha.

Findog
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM

I don't care. The Mavs were and are my enduring passion when it comes to sports. I love them, and as mad as I got immediately after Miami and Golden State, I could never give up on them and turn my back. I dealt with Roy Tarpley, 11 wins and the immolation of the Three J's, I can deal with this.

Ah, the tragic majesty that is the Dallas Mavericks.

Oh, Gee!!
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
the OP is right, we did turn against the Mavs last year.

kskonn
06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
while i love football and basketball... i would never trade the 5 Cowboys Rings!!! must be smokin to say such a thing. I root for the Boys just as much as the Mavs. Cant help it i guess. Miami and GS both hurt - but i got over those losses just as easy as i did Romo fuckin' up the field goal kick... but anyway, back to work!

Yea I root for the spurs and the cowboys just about equally. Actually I hardly pay attention to basketball if Football is still going on. I drive from the nortwest side of SA to Texas stadium for every cowboys home game and I love it, but man does the ride back suck when the cowboys lose. The only consilation is the Czeck(sp?) stop bakery.

kskonn
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM

I am a die hard Boys fan and that does not bother me, as far as I am concerned that is his choice. Anything is better than the people who live in Dallas and live to hate the cowboys, they always root for whatever team they are playing. That shit is annoying.

Findog
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Yea I root for the spurs and the cowboys just about equally. Actually I hardly pay attention to basketball if Football is still going on. I drive from the nortwest side of SA to Texas stadium for every cowboys home game and I love it, but man does the ride back suck when the cowboys lose. The only consilation is the Czeck(sp?) stop bakery.

What would you do if San Antonio ever enticed an NFL team to come occupy the Alamodome? I'm guessing that will never happen because Jerry Jones would never allow it, but still, just for hypothetical's sake...

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I am a die hard Boys fan and that does not bother me, as far as I am concerned that is his choice. Anything is better than the people who live in Dallas and live to hate the cowboys, they always root for whatever team they are playing. That shit is annoying.

hahaha damn really? That would piss me off too.

kskonn
06-05-2007, 01:28 PM
What would you do if San Antonio ever enticed an NFL team to come occupy the Alamodome? I'm guessing that will never happen because Jerry Jones would never allow it, but still, just for hypothetical's sake...

Honestly I think I would probably buy season tickets, keep the games that do not conflict with cowboys games and give the rest to my customers. I would always be a Cowboys fan but I really enjoy going to any live sporting event. Lets say I had to make a choice and go with one or the other, it would be cowboys everytime. Personally I don't think it will ever happen, not because of the city but because of the massive support the Cowboys get in San Antonio. The leauge would not really pick up any new fans or revenue they would just be pulling from what they already get via the cowboys.

Findog
06-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Honestly I think I would probably buy season tickets, keep the games that do not conflict with cowboys games and give the rest to my customers. I would always be a Cowboys fan but I really enjoy going to any live sporting event. Lets say I had to make a choice and go with one or the other, it would be cowboys everytime. Personally I don't think it will ever happen, not because of the city but because of the massive support the Cowboys get in San Antonio. The leauge would not really pick up any new fans or revenue they would just be pulling from what they already get via the cowboys.

That's what I thought. Younger people would probably switch over and adopt the new team but the older people that grew up Cowboy fans their entire lives would stick. It's just not a good market because of the enduring loyalty, not because of any economic or stadium issues. Texas belongs to the Cowboys outside of Houston. And I think Jerry Jones is powerful enough to block a team from going to San Antonio.

kskonn
06-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Yea some of them go as far as to tailgate every game just to talk shit about the cowboys. I tailgate in the Blue parking lot before each game and this one guy set up next to me for 4 different games last year, every game he was rooting for someone different. He would just get drunk and then yell and talk shit. He tried to fight me once because I made a sign that said "Jerry jones slept with my mom, so I hate the cowboys!" and put it on his little tent. He did not realize it for about 2 hours and when he did he was drunk and pissed. he pushed my grill over and then Irving PD arrested him. The Police officer really liked the cowboys.

kskonn
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
That's what I thought. Younger people would probably switch over and adopt the new team but the older people that grew up Cowboy fans their entire lives would stick. It's just not a good market because of the enduring loyalty, not because of any economic or stadium issues. Texas belongs to the Cowboys outside of Houston. And I think Jerry Jones is powerful enough to block a team from going to San Antonio.

Yea I started watching cowboys football when I was about 5 or 6, that would have been the 1985-86 season. My dad bought me a Staubach toy box, a little danny white jersey, and then an Aikman Jersey when I turned 12. After going through the three super bowls there was no way I would ever switch. I have a lot of friends in Houston and personally I think that is a fairly large cowboys market. also my dad grew up in Houston with the Oilers, and was always a cowboys fan.

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Yea some of them go as far as to tailgate every game just to talk shit about the cowboys. I tailgate in the Blue parking lot before each game and this one guy set up next to me for 4 different games last year, every game he was rooting for someone different. He would just get drunk and then yell and talk shit. He tried to fight me once because I made a sign that said "Jerry jones slept with my mom, so I hate the cowboys!" and put it on his little tent. He did not realize it for about 2 hours and when he did he was drunk and pissed. he pushed my grill over and then Irving PD arrested him. The Police officer really liked the cowboys.

hahahah NICE

Humble Billy Hayes
06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
MAVS FANS WE NEED TO STAY UNITED! WE NEED TO CHEER OUR MAVERICKS ONWARD TO VICTORY! LET'S HEAR IT MAVS FANS!

DEEEEE-FENSE!
DEEEEEEEEEEEEE-FENSE!
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-FENSE!

twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots

u2sarajevo
06-05-2007, 02:23 PM
MAVS FANS WE NEED TO STAY UNITED! WE NEED TO CHEER OUR MAVERICKS ONWARD TO VICTORY! LET'S HEAR IT MAVS FANS!

DEEEEE-FENSE!
DEEEEEEEEEEEEE-FENSE!

twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shotsWhere is the Kevin McCarthy troll?

BUMP
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM

DEEEEE-FENSE!
DEEEEEEEEEEEEE-FENSE!

twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots

sorry Billy, but we are out of the playoffs. no more defense chants. :lol

BUMP
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
they live and die to root against the Cowboys. that shit is annoying.

there's a lot of people in Dallas who hate the Cowboys for whatever reason. Dallasite who isnt too fond of the Boys, went as far as too make this website :lol

http://www.americasteamsucks.com/

as far as ksonn's tailgating stories go ive got a couple tales as well.

i always tailgate on the Northwest side of the stadium near that dirty river. last year when they played Philly on Christmas, i dressed up in a Cowboy blue Santa outfit and waited for Philyl fans to walk by and said stuff like "Ho Ho Ho, you've been a naughty boy this year. You're getting no gifts this Christmas." most of them just laughed and hurried their pace a little thinking i was nuts, but one Philly fan goes "F*** you queer" then i said something like "Im checking my list" as he was walking away and then he flicked me off :lol good stuff

Evan
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I will be rooting for the Spurs.

StylisticS
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Texas belongs to the Cowboys outside of Houston. And I think Jerry Jones is powerful enough to block a team from going to San Antonio.

That depends on who you talk to. There is still billboards in Houston telling them to watch the Cowboys. There are still shows on Houston sports radio dedicated to the Dallas Cowboys. There are still thousands of Cowboy fans in Dallas. Even if San Antonio got an NFL team, I still think the Cowboys would have a huge number of fans in the city. They simply own this state in football.

StylisticS
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
there's a lot of people in Dallas who hate the Cowboys for whatever reason. Dallasite who isnt too fond of the Boys, went as far as too make this website :lol

http://www.americasteamsucks.com/

Scary ass shitty people who doesn't even tell us who his team is. He must be jealous knowing the history of the Dallas Cowboys and what we've accomplished. Seriously, what is wrong with expecting to win every year. What, should we expect to lose every year like the Cardinals? His very reason for hating the Cowboys is lame as hell. I love being a Cowboys fan because of people like him and I embrace the hate he spews.

BUMP
06-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Scary ass shitty people who doesn't even tell us who his team is. He must be jealous knowing the history of the Dallas Cowboys and what we've accomplished. Seriously, what is wrong with expecting to win every year. What, should we expect to lose every year like the Cardinals? His very reason for hating the Cowboys is lame as hell. I love being a Cowboys fan because of people like him and I embrace the hate he spews.

yeah i dont really get his motives. he says its wrong because the Cowboys want to win every year. (um.........)

also according to him, he has no team, he is just a Cowboy hater. the site is not very creative. just pictures of Cowboys during bad plays and thats about it.

Islymore
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
yeah i dont really get his motives. he says its wrong because the Cowboys want to win every year. (um.........)

also according to him, he has no team, he is just a Cowboy hater. the site is not very creative. just pictures of Cowboys during bad plays and thats about it.

the site is a bit amatuer... kind of young lookin too. like one of those geocities pages... or something. oh well, I love the Boys! Always will and they are America's team...