PDA

View Full Version : Why complain about the NBA?

SpursDynasty
06-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Some of you are acting like the NBA is rigged. The Cavs won because Detroit didn't do their job and Rasheed didn't control himself and got tossed. There are all these conspiracy theories about the NBA wanting to create another Michael Jordan. BS. Don't watch the damn NBA anymore if you think it's rigged. First of all, Michael Jordan had another star player to help him, as did Magic Johnson, as did Kobe. All the great championship teams recently (Bulls, Lakers, Spurs) have never been one-man teams. That is why Dallas didn't win last year in the Finals, they're a one-man team. The NBA will focus on "King James" and his superstardom, but when it comes down to it, Cleveland is a one-man team.

Cleveland is just happy to be in the Finals this year and probably doesn't expect to win.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
For once, I agree with Jeff.

KFRebel
06-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Why complain about the NBA? Just ignore the NBA if you think it's rigged.

SpursIndonesia
06-04-2007, 12:11 AM
The 2003 Spurs & 1994 Rockets were basically a one man (superstar) team. It can be done, if the lone superstar plays tremendously great and his supporting casts have a series of life time + clutch.

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 12:43 AM
The 2003 Spurs & 1994 Rockets were basically a one man (superstar) team. It can be done, if the lone superstar plays tremendously great and his supporting casts have a series of life time + clutch.
That may be the dumbest statement I've heard today, and UVRay has been posting. :lol

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm going to take this opportunity to complain about the NBA just to piss off SpursDynasty.

G-Money
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Its annoying when people like James barly get hit and he gets to shoot FT's while our guys get hammered and theres no call.

RonMexico
06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Its annoying when people like James barly get hit and he gets to shoot FT's while our guys get hammered and theres no call.

You mean like Game 2?

himat
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I was one of them who complained. Pistons sucked and that's why they lost. I am not complaining about the NBA because the Pistons lost. The NBA is going to give a lot of calls to the superstars very soon, and I don't like that. Call the game evenly. When a young players perfectly draws a charge on Wade or LeBron the ref calls a foul on the youngster 95% of the time. Funny thing is I hear the announcers back up those calls by saying that the young players have not earned the refs respect. How about this...call the game evenly for everyone.

Again the Pistons lost because they sucked, but I think they would of escaped with the series if the refs let both teams duke it out without blowing the whistles every time.

SpursIndonesia
06-05-2007, 12:26 AM
That may be the dumbest statement I've heard today, and UVRay has been posting. :lol

Would you be kind & explain it to me why you labeled my opinion as the dumbest one ? :wtf

It's one thing to have different opinion and willing to expand your thought out of that, but calling other opinion dumbest while offered nothing to back it up, i must say that's a bahavior of an
:donkey.

SpursDynasty
06-05-2007, 08:36 AM
The 2003 Spurs had a solid supporting cast. Cleveland has no solid supporting cast.

SpursIndonesia
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
The 2003 Spurs had a solid supporting cast. Cleveland has no solid supporting cast.

Yes, LeBron teammates are not exactly world beater, that's one thing i won't debate on. But then, while not all that probable, there is a possibility that they can step up their game in the final.

I bet my rear that not many Spurs fans had high confidence over SJax to be super clutch in the closing out game out of 2003 final, yet it happened. And both Horry & Cassel were not regarded all that highly before their coming out postseason in 1994.

So what i'm trying to say is that anything is possible, that's all -the honest probability ofcourse depends on whether you use the rose colored glass or not.

BobcatsDynasty
06-05-2007, 12:42 PM
the NBA is rigged. that's the only explanation as to why a fluke team like the Spurs are in the Finals. The refs gave them all the calls. The Bobcats were beating a team they're supposed to beat. The refs gave all the other teams all the calls, that's why the Bobcats aren't in the Finals.

RonMexico
06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
P.S. Spurs get more calls than LeBron and Cavs, so Pistons fans can shut up.

If the stars got all the "treatment" then Steve Nash would have been shooting at least 12-15 FTs per game.

Care to explain how a rookie (Daniel Gibson) shot double-digit FTs in at least 2 games? I guess it's because he earned the refs' respect by sitting on the bench for half the season.

KFRebel
06-05-2007, 04:25 PM
the NBA is rigged. that's the only explanation as to why a fluke team like the Spurs are in the Finals. The refs gave them all the calls. The Bobcats were beating a team they're supposed to beat. The refs gave all the other teams all the calls, that's why the Bobcats aren't in the Finals.

Are you serious?!?!?! http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_rofl.gif http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_slap.gif

RonMexico
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Are you serious?!?!?! http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_rofl.gif http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_slap.gif

No, he isn't

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Gibson shot almost as many FTs as James in half the minutes.

Gibson got the benefit of the doubt more so than LJ, which was odd. And very frustrating to watch. The rook shot more FTs in the six game Detroit series than he did in his first 70 games as a pro.

EDIT: Apparently, the stats on ESPN were wrong.

mFFL03
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
and yet when duncan gets thrown out for laughing on the bench....

this is what many threads and posts looked like: SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE LEAGUE...SEND YOUR ONLINE PETITION HERE, FIRE CRAWFORD...

hmmm....

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
and yet when duncan gets thrown out for laughing on the bench....

this is what many threads and posts looked like: SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE LEAGUE...SEND YOUR ONLINE PETITION HERE, FIRE CRAWFORD...

hmmm....
Pssst: Crawford got fired. Anyone that said there was something wrong was correct. Mavs fans were so giddy to get the win that they didn't care if they won dishonestly. Just like they didn't want Jet to get suspended because he just pushed Finley's nuts with a closed hand.

BUMP
06-06-2007, 02:18 PM

dude....

KFRebel
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
That's why I laughed and slapped him at the same time. :rolleyes