PDA

View Full Version : who does the sweep help/hurt more

td4mvp3
06-03-2007, 02:39 PM
do the spurs look at it and gain confidence that the margin was so small and the lineups so different as to make it either irrelevent or a good building block? also, does it let them gain that 'appropriate fear' needed to keep from detroit-esqu levels of disinterest?

do the cavs look at it and take solace in knowing they can beat the spurs and have before?

Leetonidas
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
What?

Regular season dude. This is The Finals.

The Spurs were not playing good defense back then, or very good at all, and now they're playing better. Those losses are pretty meaningless, I think.

whottt
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
It helps Cleveland....they know what it's like to beat us, they have a past blueprint for success against us, they'll listen to their coach, they'll do what he asks...huge positives for a young team. Confidence...rather than totasl unceratainty.

There is no mental ownership of the Cavs like there was with the Suns, Jazz and Nuggets.

From the Spurs POV...it probably does keep them from taking the Cavs lightly...but I don't think they do that very much in the post season anyway...especially in the finals.

Kori Ellis
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think either team cares about those regular season games.

twincam
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Throw out the regular season. We're in the playoff season now, better yet, the Finals.

San Antonio: experience

Cleveland: no experience

That's what matters. Plus, San Antonio overmatches Cleveland BIG TIME~

SAGambler
06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
One thing for sure the Cavs have never witnessed.....

Big Shot Rob in Playoff Mode.

boutons_
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Whott's a yellow-bellied chickenshit who jerks himself off with paranoiac fantasies, imagining Islamo-fascist terrorists and LeBron under his bed.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2007, 03:18 PM
You forgot to say he's fat.

whottt
06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Whott's a yellow-bellied chickenshit who jerks himself off with paranoiac fantasies, imagining Islamo-fascist terrorists and LeBron under his bed.

Actually...I haven't done that...but now that you mention it...