PDA

View Full Version : cleveland fans

srhoonie
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
How can anyone even cavs fans honestly believe that the cavs will win this series?..I understand the belief the cavs have in their team but when your going up against a team that plays any and all styles that can and will stop their opponent but cant be stopped on their end and we all saw that in the spurs previous 3 series ..denver with the 2 all stars in melo and iverson ..phoenix with nash and amare..and utah with deron williams and boozer..the spurs shed those teams and players like water off a newly waxed car...Detroit would of had a better chance of beating the spurs than the cavs and detroit wouldnt of had any... ..the calls will mount in cleveland for lebron but popovich makes the adjustment and wins in 5..but my heart says the spurs sweep it

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
How can anyone even cavs fans honestly believe that the cavs will win this series?..I understand the belief the cavs have in their team but when your going up against a team that plays any and all styles that can and will stop their opponent but cant be stopped on their end and we all saw that in the spurs previous 3 series ..denver with the 2 all stars in melo and iverson ..phoenix with nash and amare..and utah with deron williams and boozer..the spurs shed those teams and players like water off a newly waxed car...Detroit would of had a better chance of beating the spurs than the cavs and detroit wouldnt of had any... ..the calls will mount in cleveland for lebron but popovich makes the adjustment and wins in 5..but my heart says the spurs sweep it

How can anyone even heat fans honestly believe that the heat will win this series?..I understand the belief the heat have in their team but when your going up against a team that plays any and all styles that can and will stop their opponent but cant be stopped on their end and we all saw that in the mavs previous 3 series .. Memphis with the all star in Gasol ..San Antonio with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili..and Phoenix with Amare , Nash, and Marion..the mavs shed those teams and players like water off a newly waxed car...Detroit would of had a better chance of beating the mavs than the heat and detroit wouldnt of had any... ..the calls will mount in miami for wade but Avery makes the adjustment and wins in 5..but my heart says the mavs sweep it

Any team can be beaten.....Even the favorites.

djohn14
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
First off let me say...as good as Nash, Amare, AI, Melo, Deron, and Boozer are...LeBron is better. Trust me...Cleveland is a great team, and an underrated D team. If you want to be cocky...be cocky and we'll see what happens. I bet you right now the Spurs now the Cavs can beat them, and are trying to figure out ways to not let that happen. The Spurs won't get cocky, and thats why they are a great team.

Extra Stout
06-03-2007, 05:59 PM
No need to be cocky. The Cavs are a good defensive team, and on a roll right now.

duncan228
06-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Fans can, and will, say and think what they want.

This series is the Spurs to lose, not the Cavs to win.
The Spurs have the line in the first game, I expect they'll have it in most.
The Spurs have home court and championship experience.

But the Spurs are not cocky, even though their fans can be.
They know what's at stake, I believe they will rise to it.
With Duncan leading them.

Spurs in 6.
Duncan MVP.

WalterBenitez
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Honestly speaking the only way we lose is we lost two our most important guys, otherwise I see Spurs wining.

This not means we are gonna have a easy way, LBJ is amazin player the other boy the one who has the alphabet in his name illuzionis iguaskas is dangerous, not to mention Varejao and that kid Boobie (or sth like that).

CubanMustGo
06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Cavs are a very good defensive team. Ask Detroit.

Lebron is going to get his. Spurs need to shut down the rest and that has been their pattern in playoffs past.

Key is for Duncan to not let the Floppin' Freak (aka Sideshow Bob) get in his head if they call those BS charges on him.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Yes I believe in my gut that the Cavs will knock that fucking swagger out of the Spurs. This is Lebron James time the Lebron era has truly begun for the Cavs and the NBA. The Cavs are going to shock alot of people. :)

BUMP
06-03-2007, 06:47 PM
who thinks Golden State legitimately has a shot to win?

seriously i understand the belief they have in their team, but this team has the 7th best record in league history, they tore through everyone in the league, they have the MVP, they can play any style.................................

it pains me to write this

Chris Childs
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Dirk Nowitzki, you are the only Mavs fan that I actually like. :)

TakeThat
06-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't think the Spurs are cocky just the fans seem to be. Not starting trouble, just from what I'm reading on here shows you think this is in the bag already.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-03-2007, 06:55 PM

:clap

CubanMustGo
06-03-2007, 07:03 PM
who thinks Golden State legitimately has a shot to win?

seriously i understand the belief they have in their team, but this team has the 7th best record in league history, they tore through everyone in the league, they have the MVP, they can play any style.................................

it pains me to write this

The difference is that the Spurs have been successful at this level before. As the Mavs found out, the level of intensity in the Finals is a whole different kettle of fish, so to speak.

I don't make the mistake of believing this will be an easy championship to win, but I do not see the Cavs winning four of seven from SA. Spurs in six.

LilMissSPURfect
06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think the Spurs are cocky just the fans seem to be. Not starting trouble, just from what I'm reading on here shows you think this is in the bag already.

Did u not expect spurs fans to be cocky on a spurs board?

Cleveland is good just not good enough to beat SA. IMO

Lebronze is GREAT I just don't think a 1 man team can get over the hump.

Thats why the games are played. We'll see though...( i wasn't a cleveland on tv every freakin day watchin fan) i sadly chose American Idol and Dancing with the Stars over the LEBONG show.

But who knows maybe I will be enlightened.

BUMP
06-03-2007, 07:07 PM

what about me man? :domokun

slayermin
06-03-2007, 07:23 PM

And your fans aren't cocky? Yeah, right.

Rise Up (Witness™)
06-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't believe any of our fans believe it will be easy to win this series, regardless of what they say. But of course we're not going to pretend we don't have faith in our team to win. We're not suppose to be here and we got here anyway so we could careless what kind of chances we have to win. We made it, now it's time to go out there and play.

GoNavy
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
The CAVS-SPUR Series belongs to the SPURS. They will sweep the series in 4 or possibly take it in 5. The SPURS are so good, the CAVS don't deserve to be on the same court with them. Why should the NBA even bother playing the games. They should just go ahead and give the trophy to San Antonio.

Slam-dunk, done-deal, in-the-bag, go-for-throttle-up.................

rr2418
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm actually terrified about this series! I was pulling for Detroit b/c I think the Spurs matched up better with them. The media, the NBA, and the networks are probably hoping the Cavs win b/c it would make for a great story with LBJ being criticized early in the playoffs and in the Detroit series(first two games). Remember, every move, spin, shot, dunk, pass, fart will be magnified by the commentators and media, but hopefully not the refs!

GrandeDavid
06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Should be a great series. Cleveland will be ready and the multi-dimensional Lebron James, alone, will win a game or two. I think the games will be tight, but San Antonio will pull it off.

Fuster
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello, y'all: I live in Auburn, WA, but I got family in Houston and Lousiana. I was a big Spurs fan back when D. Robinson was playing. The Sonics are going somewhere else so we'll be without an NBA team up here. I like the Spurs still, just don't like them as much as some other teams. But here is my take on this topic, and mind you it is a somewhat disinterested and less biased opinion:

The Spurs are hot, on a roll and well rested. The Cavaliers are hot, on a roll, but not well rested. And they do not have the personnel to match the Spurs starters or their bench. Sorry, but that is just reality. I think they beat a Pistons team that was not playing well and not really wanting the wins as much as Cleveland did. Piston players shot horribly even with a lot of open shots. That is the main reason they lost the series, bad shooting. Cleveland beat the Nets. So what? Almost every Western Conference team can beat the Nets in a 7 game series.

I watched the Spurs-Phoenix series. Once they got past Phoenix, there was no team left in the playoffs that could beat the Spurs, IMO.

Spurs in 4 games. Maybe stretch to 5. Horry hits some big shots and Ginobli and Parker will not be stopped by Cleveland. Bowen defends Lebron enough to keep his points down or cause turnovers, which (unlike the Pistons) will be turned into points by the Spurs. Cleveland has no one to stop Duncan. Who will they use? Varajau the king flopper? While he is on the floor, Duncan will be making the basket and the rest of the Cavs will be headed down the court to try to score a basket. And Mr. Z is way too slow on his feet. Cavs need some more pieces. Varajau needs to stop flopping so much and just play defense like the rest of the NBA.

Bigzax
06-03-2007, 08:04 PM
The CAVS-SPUR Series belongs to the SPURS. They will sweep the series in 4 or possibly take it in 5. The SPURS are so good, the CAVS don't deserve to be on the same court with them. Why should the NBA even bother playing the games. They should just go ahead and give the trophy to San Antonio.

Slam-dunk, done-deal, in-the-bag, go-for-throttle-up.................

http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/exhibits/smith/images/cakewalk.jpg

florige
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Should be a great series. Cleveland will be ready and the multi-dimensional Lebron James, alone, will win a game or two. I think the games will be tight, but San Antonio will pull it off.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking too. I'm thinking that it will probably (hopefully) mirror the Orlando-Houston series of 94-95. That was around the time when the league was trying to make Shaq as it's new king and savior. The same year Orlando managed to knock out a number 45 wearing Jordan led Bulls team in route to the Finals. I think, no I know that James will definatley win a title, but with this cast I just can't see them beating us. I'm not just saying that as a homer, but I really can't see them beating Dal, Phx, they might have had a shot against the Jazz and Denver, maybe. The personnel surrounding James is just too shaky right now. I just cannot picture Larry Hughes hoisting up the NBA trophy. Now if they had an inside post player like say a Garnett, then maybe they would be on to something. Also I mentioned before that it's REALLY a good thing that Lebron got the superman game of his in already. The reason being is that Pop got a chance to see it happen. No matter what you say game 5 might as well been game 7 for Detroit. THe only time I ever saw Detroit look that lost was game 7 in SA a couple of years ago. You could tell on their faces that they were still shell-shocked as to what happened 2 nights before. The same goes for AJ in last years Finals. Wade decided to turn into superman during the Finals, not before. That caught AJ and Dallas completley off guard, and they never recovered. Now I'm not saying that James won't have a Outrageous game like that against us, I'll just be surprised if they win that game. The only thing that I worry about in this series is having the game close in the 4th quarter. Meaning will we have what it takes to match basket for basket with James. Other than that I really don't see why we can't close this thing out in 5 games.

my2sons
06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
all i got to say is that people said denver would upset the spurs: bad matchup
phoenix would bet the spurs: bad matchup, better athletes better team
hell barkley said utah would beat the spurs: too tough, too rugged bad matchup
now here comes the annointed one, and although the experts aren't picking the cavs the roaches are coming out of every crack to say lebron is too great, yet another bad matchup...i can't wait for the river parade

florige
06-03-2007, 08:19 PM
all i got to say is that people said denver would upset the spurs: bad matchup
phoenix would bet the spurs: bad matchup, better athletes better team
hell barkley said utah would beat the spurs: too tough, too rugged bad matchup
now here comes the annointed one, and although the experts aren't picking the cavs the roaches are coming out of every crack to say lebron is too great, yet another bad matchup...i can't wait for the river parade

I haven't seen one so-called analyst yet pick Cleveland. Even some Cavs fans are mailing it in already. James is the one everybody is talking about.

Obstructed_View
06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
The Cavs fans believe they have a chance for the same reason Spurs fans believe they don't.

If I were a Cavs fan, I'd think the team had a chance. Why bother watching if you don't think your team can pull off a miracle or rise to the occasion? Anybody with knowledge of sports knows that anything can happen in a game. If the Spurs come in thinking that they just need to show up and win their fourth title they'll probably end up losing. Fortunately they should be mature and smart enough not to let that happen, which is what the Spurs fans believe.

Fuster
06-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I will tell you why you don't need to worry about the Spurs coming in thinking they just need to show up.

1) they just watched the Pistons do that;
2) they already had the series where it should/could have happened: Utah.

Spurs look awfully focused to me, they just don't look like any team is going to beat them. They remind me of the Lakers back when Phil was taking them on that consecutive ring journey. I thought Utah tried valiantly, yet they only managed to win one game. Utah has a way better coach than Cleveland and there are theoretically better starting 5 players on the Jazz (although it appeared a couple of them had already planned their summer vacation, as Boozer noted), and they have Derek Fisher coming off the bench. That series might have been a little tougher for SA if Fisher did not have the distraction of his daughter's cancer. I did not observe the Spurs let up except maybe a little in the one game they lost, but it wasn't very much.

And lest they forget: Cleveland does not have a coach that runs the triangle offense, they don't have a Dennis Rodman, they don't have a Scottie Pippen, they don't have a Steve Kerr, they don't have a clone of Michael Jordan, and their coach's name is not "Phil Jackson". So stop thinking you are the reincarnation of the old Chicago Bulls.