PDA

View Full Version : Hi Spurs - From Cavs Fan

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm Cavs fan. I'm here to talk basketball. I've watched around 85% of the Cavs game since LeBron has been on the team and have followed the team before that extensively. I'm not here to flame or troll at all. If you have questions about our team or what my opinion of your team is please feel free to ask. I watched all of the WCF and all of your series with the Suns to try and get an idea of your team, but its probably still pretty incomplete.

As for my opinion on the series. I'm really not sure. I know most of the national media is picking the Spurs and I can see why. I think the biggest thing everyone discounts about the Cavs is they really do play great defense. People chalked it up to the Pistons not playing well, but its kind ridiculous. The Cavs proved all year and all playoffs they play good D. The problem is D is also a lot about match ups and I need to see how the match ups play out in game 1 before really getting an idea where this series is headed.

My personal feelings towards your team. I love Tim Duncan, yeah he complains about fouls a lot, but its not really in an annoying way and he seems like a good guy. Plus the way he effects a game is amazing. A lot of people call him boring I think he is great. I love Tony Parker's game as well. I hate Manu and Bowen. Manu is a flopper, I know Andy is too and I hate it. I know you guys will defend Bowen as well, but from what I've seen and what everyone says I think its clear he's a cheap player.

Tony Parker is going to be the biggest factor in deciding this series besides role-players stepping up from time to time. The Cavs don't have a quick smaller player to guard him except Daniel Gibson. Daniel is inexperienced, but he's quick and has been a good on ball defender. He was abused by Billups at time, but thats because Billups is a bigger PG who likes to post up and use his size over other PG. From what I've seen that's not Tony Parker's game. So I think Gibson could contain him a little, but we'll see.

Lastly, a lot of Detroit fans seem to think they got jobbed by the refs. I think game 6 was the only case where the officiating was truly in favor of Cleveland. People tend to notice when LeBron gets bad calls because they expect him too cause he's a Superstar. In reality LeBron gets a lot of non-calls when he should get them, but he doesn't for some reason. Off the top of my head, in Game 5 he got fouled on his game winning lay-up and also earlier in the game Sheed supposedly blocked his shot, but in reality got no ball and hit LeBron about 3 times. I'd say the officiating favored Detroit in the first two games actually and got better as we went back home for game 3 and 4.

Anyways there's a lot more to talk about this series, so I'll be posting on different topics or if you guys have any questions, post here.

CubanMustGo
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Good first post - welcome!

Budkin
06-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Welcome to SpursTalk and thank you for not being a Cavs Troll.

2centsworth
06-03-2007, 10:01 PM
a lot of Detroit fans seem to think they got jobbed by the refs.
all losing team's fans think the same.

jag
06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
all losing team's fans think the same.

see:

suns fans
jazz fans

and celtics :lmao

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but its easy for people to say this with the Cavs. Cause of Wade last year and the idea that Stern wants LeBron in the finals. All I can say to that is. Stern could not possibly make LeBron make all those shots in Game 5 and also the Cavs had three players foul out in game 5.

Shelly
Greetings! As a native Ohioan, I'm wondering if I'll run into some Cavs Fans I went to high school with...which would be pretty cool.

Kori Ellis
Tony Parker is going to be the biggest factor in deciding this series besides role-players stepping up from time to time. The Cavs don't have a quick smaller player to guard him except Daniel Gibson. Daniel is inexperienced, but he's quick and has been a good on ball defender. He was abused by Billups at time, but thats because Billups is a bigger PG who likes to post up and use his size over other PG. From what I've seen that's not Tony Parker's game. So I think Gibson could contain him a little, but we'll see.

Welcome to the forum. During the season, the Cavs used LeBron to guard Parker. Do you think they'll stick with that plan or the duties will fall to Hughes/Gibson? Is Mike Brown going to stick with starting Hughes and bringing Gibson off the bench?

NorCal510
06-03-2007, 10:07 PM
when you guys win game 1 i wouldnt expect nice greetings like you just got now

"fucking refs want lebron to win"

blah blah blah

you wont be welcome on friday ill tell you that

jag
06-03-2007, 10:09 PM

blah blah blah

Jazz were tough huh??? :rolleyes

CubanMustGo
06-03-2007, 10:09 PM

blah blah blah

And this is an example of a troll. As long as you bring reasonable takes (which this loser has never done) you will be welcome here, regardless of the outcome of the games.

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Hughes will start as long as he is dressing. Brown doesn't switch things like the starting line-up very easily. If he does, then it'd be highly uncharacteristic of him. It took the man forever to bench Eric Snow, who I love, but he belongs nowhere near a starting lineup in the NBA. They give Hughes a shot before the game to numb the pain and he's fine until he sits down. After he sits down it seems he starts to get sore and rarely plays after that. I think they'll try Gibson on Parker and see if it works early on. If its not you'll see LeBron on Parker in the 4th(or earlier)if Parker is killing us. I wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron on Parker to start the game because of the injury to Hughes. Hughes just won't be as quick until he's given time to heal, which he needs the off-season for.

Beast Juice
06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
We got jobbed last year by Dallas. There were times when I saw Harris and Terry getting and ones when they were not even touched and Manu and TP the Machine got hammered and got no calls.

As for Boobie guarding TP the Machine......I dont think its happening. Tony is way too quick and he runs the pick n roll great. If you go over the screen he will drive and if you go under he will knock down the mid range jumper 90% of the time. It also depends how the other player defends the pick n roll as well.

I also think the Cavs are underrated on defense. I am not underestimating the Cavs but I am glad they are there due to the media exposure. Maybe Manu will shine under the limelight and steal the show so everyone in the country can finally jump on his bandwagon.

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I know Parker is quicker than Gibson, but Gibson is quick as well and if Manu is playing well. LeBron is going to have to guard Manu which leaves Gibson to Parker. Hughes could guard Manu very well if healthy. Sasha's D has improved, but I don't trust him guarding Manu.

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2007, 10:16 PM
white isn't even on rice because bruce bowen already got it.

oh - and welcome to the forum. :)

Avitus1
06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey hows it going, good to have yah here.

Kent_in_Atlanta
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, I'm Cavs fan. I'm here to talk basketball. I've watched around 85% of the Cavs game since LeBron has been on the team and have followed the team before that extensively. I'm not here to flame or troll at all. If you have questions about our team or what my opinion of your team is please feel free to ask. I watched all of the WCF and all of your series with the Suns to try and get an idea of your team, but its probably still pretty incomplete.

As for my opinion on the series. I'm really not sure. I know most of the national media is picking the Spurs and I can see why. I think the biggest thing everyone discounts about the Cavs is they really do play great defense. People chalked it up to the Pistons not playing well, but its kind ridiculous. The Cavs proved all year and all playoffs they play good D. The problem is D is also a lot about match ups and I need to see how the match ups play out in game 1 before really getting an idea where this series is headed.

My personal feelings towards your team. I love Tim Duncan, yeah he complains about fouls a lot, but its not really in an annoying way and he seems like a good guy. Plus the way he effects a game is amazing. A lot of people call him boring I think he is great. I love Tony Parker's game as well. I hate Manu and Bowen. Manu is a flopper, I know Andy is too and I hate it. I know you guys will defend Bowen as well, but from what I've seen and what everyone says I think its clear he's a cheap player.

Lastly, a lot of Detroit fans seem to think they got jobbed by the refs. I think game 6 was the only case where the officiating was truly in favor of Cleveland. People tend to notice when LeBron gets bad calls because they expect him too cause he's a Superstar. In reality LeBron gets a lot of non-calls when he should get them, but he doesn't for some reason. Off the top of my head, in Game 5 he got fouled on his game winning lay-up and also earlier in the game Sheed supposedly blocked his shot, but in reality got no ball and hit LeBron about 3 times. I'd say the officiating favored Detroit in the first two games actually and got better as we went back home for game 3 and 4.

Anyways there's a lot more to talk about this series, so I'll be posting on different topics or if you guys have any questions, post here.

Dude, if you were a Spurs fan, you would absolutely love Ginobili. He's probably the most popular player in SA... even over Duncan.

Manu looks to draw fouls, and he's pretty good at doing it. I don't see why anyone can blame him for that. He plays balls to the wall 100% of the time, and really is the spark plug of this team. He's scrappy, he's clutch and is damn fun to watch with the ball in his hands.

The accusation that he intentionally kneed Amare (or whoever the hell it supposedly was) in the groin earlier in the season was bullshit. If anything, Manu has been on the receiving end of more cheap shots over the past few years than anyone I can remember.

As for Bowen, sure... he looks to get away with some things, and sometimes does. It's helped him become very successful at getting into opposing player's heads. As for the accusations that he's intentionally tries to hurt people... I don't believe that for second. I don't think there have been more than a few NBA players in our generation who would intentionally try to injure another player.

UV Ray
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM

blah blah blah

It won't be "Golly gee, how's it going" come Friday. Poor sap.
:clap

Obstructed_View
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
We got jobbed last year by Dallas.
Yep. That's why they won.