PDA

View Full Version : How will Popovich choose to defend LeBron?

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:17 PM
How do you see the Spurs attacking LeBron on defense?

Obstructed_View
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I say they play him straight up. Duncan and Lebron are fairly likely to cancel each other out. Lebron might score more points, but he'll take more shots to do it. Staying at home on everyone else and actually rotating when he penetrates is going to result in turnovers, missed shots and free throws, which he doesn't do well.

Clutch20
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
How do you "attack" someone when you're defending?
Ok, judging most of the Cav Fan's questions and statements so far today, I get the feeling that they're really not trying to be sarcastic or funny.
Wow.
They honestly don't get it.
The Spurs will play their game, and then some minor tweaks to balance or to exploit, then it's finish the series, paying close attention to every detail and assignment up to GPopovich's satisfaction.

CantTouchOurBoobie
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
By throwing multiple defenders at him.

whottt
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I am sure they want to attack...I have a feeling they'll try to get BigZ out of the game first though.

whottt
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
By throwing multiple defenders at him.

They aren't going to start off doing that....LeBron will have to force that. They'll attempt to defend him straight up at first.

G-Nob
06-03-2007, 10:36 PM
How do you see the Spurs attacking LeBron on defense?

By introducing him to the scorer's table.
:bking

slayermin
06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Straight up at first and watch closely how that works. If Lebron starts getting into a groove, double. Then mix it up so he never knows what he's gonna get.

BeerIsGood!
06-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Although I expect a mix of defenses at various times throughout the series, I don't think the Spurs will need to stray far from what they know and do well on D. The Spurs wear teams down by not giving up anything easy, and Lebron will be no different.

This playoff season -
1) Melo and Iverson... check.
2) Nash and Stoudemire... check.
3) Williams and Boozer... check.

If the role players from the Cavs can't perform 10 fold what they have so far on the road... this one's over in 5 or 6.