PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's ESPN Sunday conversation

dbreiden83080
06-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Holy hell Rachel Nichols actually asked him "What are the chances when you are done playing that you will be the greatest player to ever play the game" Lebron said it would be great to be up there with guys like Jordan and Magic and he is making a push for it. First off the media sucking at his TIT like he already is Jordan when this is his first finals is just hilarious. I may get heat for this but to me Lebron is getting a big head. He is starting to believe his own hype too much, maybe that will work against him in the finals.

Budkin
06-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey we all knew this was going to happen... just let it go... at least people will be able to see how good we really are because I'm guessing the Finals ratings are going to be up there.

dirk4mvp
06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
The media hype is doing nothing but setting him up for a hard fall. After all this hype for his play in the ECF (which he's deserved most of it), what if he doesn't perform well in the Finals?

td4mvp3
06-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Holy hell Rachel Nichols actually asked him "What are the chances when you are done playing that you will be the greatest player to ever play the game" Lebron said it would be great to be up there with guys like Jordan and Magic and he is making a push for it. First off the media sucking at his TIT like he already is Jordan when this is his first finals is just hilarious. I may get heat for this but to me Lebron is getting a big head. He is starting to believe his own hype too much, maybe that will work against him in the finals.
sports journalism is always a bit like auther anderson and enron. they're supposed to provide oversight and insight, but then realize that their wellbeing and survival depends on pumping up that which they are suppose to monitor and all crap breaks out. pay attention to how many times some reporter will ask a question by first spelling out everything the player would have said and then essentially asking that the athlete just agree. it's really annoying.

lrrr
06-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Lebron has only had a couple of really good games, and then only agains a fragmenting Pistons team that can no longer spell "D" under Flip.

I can't wait for the Spurs to hand the Cavs their asses in 4.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Lebron has only had a couple of really good games, and then only agains a fragmenting Pistons team that can no longer spell "D" under Flip.

I can't wait for the Spurs to hand the Cavs their asses in 4.

I don't think it will be a sweep but Lebron is not ready to face an in their prime Duncan led Spurs team, he is just not ready yet for that in my opinion.

contentode
06-04-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't think it will be a sweep but Lebron is not ready to face an in their prime Duncan led Spurs team, he is just not ready yet for that in my opinion.

Heard the same thing before the Nets series; heard the same thing before the Pistons series - Just bring it on Spurs. ...and I hope you all continue being so cocky. It'll just make losing a more cruel reality. Hey, Cleveland has nothing to lose! They have all ready exceeded expectations. They will be playing very loose. Not so for the Spurs. They have two things going against them.

First, the heavily perceived taint hanging over your playoff series victory over the (IMO superior to the Spurs) Suns. Rules are Rules, but this thing may very well have affected the outcome of the series. Wasn't the series tied 2-2 prior to the suspensions? Heck, forget Diaw and focus soley on Amare. Could the Spurs have won had they lost 23.5 points and 10 rebounds per game from arguably their best (or 2nd best) player? And people think the CAVS are lucky to be in the finals?

2nd, the overwhelming free-pass to the title being given them by the media and the fans. Look what overconfidence did to the Pistons.

Keep in mind that the CAVS had the best record vs the west of all eastern conference teams.

Keep in mind that in their two victories over the Spurs, the Spurs were held to an average of 19 ppg below their scoring average.

Keep in mind that the CAVS had nearly as good a record vs the west (19-11) as the Spurs had against the east (20-10).

Are you aware that the Spurs 2nd lowest ppg average was 88 ppg against both Denver and Houston? Are you also aware that your lowest ppg average was 79.5 ppg against, you guessed it, the CAVS.

Lastly, with the 2-3-2 playoff format in the finals, if the CAVS steal one of the first two games in San Antonio, I think the Spurs are in big trouble.

Good Luck, may the best team win.

SpursIndonesia
06-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Good, the bigger hype is built, more expectation surfaced, then more pressure is pointed toward LeBron. Let's see whether this young man can carry that pressure and fulfill all the expectation onboard.

hater
06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I expect Lebron to cry in front of the cameras(and not of happiness) before this series is over. That's how badass Spurs are. we have no mercy

BacktoBasics
06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
It gets on my nerves too. I'm bored with all the cock sucking going on but seriously how could you expect anything different.

He made an impact right into the league. He helped get his shitty team into the playoffs. He's played well in the post season and had a very memorable game in the ECF. He's young, talented, can entertain, AND he's in the Finals. I think he's acomplished a lot considering he's what 22-23 years young. He's also doing all this with an average to slightly above average supporting cast.

NBA Junkie
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
The media hype is doing nothing but setting him up for a hard fall. After all this hype for his play in the ECF (which he's deserved most of it), what if he doesn't perform well in the Finals?

He's handled it well so far.

He survived the hard fall ESPN set him up for by overhyping him as a sure fire NBA star before he even graduated from high school.

That pressure, IMO, had to be more tremendous than anything he'll ever experience again.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Heard the same thing before the Nets series; heard the same thing before the Pistons series - Just bring it on Spurs. ...and I hope you all continue being so cocky. It'll just make losing a more cruel reality. Hey, Cleveland has nothing to lose!

LOL buddy anyone who told you the Cavs were not ready to beat the Nets who were barely above .500 all year is about the dumbest NBA fan in the world. Pistons are still good but if you were watching them in 2004 and 2005 they are nowhere near that level anymore, that is a fact for anyone who is a well informed fan. Tim Duncan and the Spurs are a different animal. Duncan is the best player in the last 10 years and in my opinion the Suns, Nuggets and Jazz are all better than the Cavs are right now.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Lastly, with the 2-3-2 playoff format in the finals, if the CAVS steal one of the first two games in San Antonio, I think the Spurs are in big trouble.

Oh yeah as far as the taint goes on the series with the Suns believe what you want but the Cavs would maybe have won one game against the Suns if that in the finals. Plus i am laughing at you talking about the format in the finals. If you knew anything about the Spurs you would know they are an even better road team than at home. This Spurs group has won countless big playoff and finals games on the ROAD. If this gets tied at one heading to Cleveland, Spurs are not going to sweat it one bit.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Heard the same thing before the Nets series; heard the same thing before the Pistons series - Just bring it on Spurs. ...and I hope you all continue being so cocky. It'll just make losing a more cruel reality. Hey, Cleveland has nothing to lose! They have all ready exceeded expectations. They will be playing very loose. Not so for the Spurs. They have two things going against them.

First, the heavily perceived taint hanging over your playoff series victory over the (IMO superior to the Spurs) Suns. Rules are Rules, but this thing may very well have affected the outcome of the series. Wasn't the series tied 2-2 prior to the suspensions? Heck, forget Diaw and focus soley on Amare. Could the Spurs have won had they lost 23.5 points and 10 rebounds per game from arguably their best (or 2nd best) player? And people think the CAVS are lucky to be in the finals?

2nd, the overwhelming free-pass to the title being given them by the media and the fans. Look what overconfidence did to the Pistons.

Keep in mind that the CAVS had the best record vs the west of all eastern conference teams.

Keep in mind that in their two victories over the Spurs, the Spurs were held to an average of 19 ppg below their scoring average.

Keep in mind that the CAVS had nearly as good a record vs the west (19-11) as the Spurs had against the east (20-10).

Are you aware that the Spurs 2nd lowest ppg average was 88 ppg against both Denver and Houston? Are you also aware that your lowest ppg average was 79.5 ppg against, you guessed it, the CAVS.

Good Luck, may the best team win.man, I can't wait to beat these sons of bitches! this thing is going to be such a huge ass raping, Cavs fans grandchildren will be walking funny! You think because your sorry ass team won the east that you can compare yourself to the Spurs?? a team that makes deep playoff runs in the heavily stacked west?? You're a tool looking for excuses already. You're dead, you just don't know it yet!

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
man, I can't wait to beat these sons of bitches! this thing is going to be such a huge ass raping, Cavs fans grandchildren will be walking funny! You think because your sorry ass team won the east that you can compare yourself to the Spurs?? a team that makes deep playoff runs in the heavily stacked west?? You're a tool looking for excuses already. You're dead, you just don't know it yet!

I am not thinking this will be a butt kicking however looking at the matchups, the only way i see The Cavs winning the series is if both Tony and Manu play like shit along with most of the Spurs vastly superior supporting cast. Spurs just have better players than the Cavs do at a lot of positions.

dg7md
06-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Cavs have nothing to stop Parker, or Duncan.

himat
06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
The Pistons could of been very good this season, but Flip has made this team weak. Word has it that Joe D. is not looking for a new coach either. :madrun

SpursDynasty
06-05-2007, 08:59 AM

To go back to your Suns statement (Why does everyone act like the Suns win the series without suspensions?), keep in mind that the Spurs had a better record vs. the West than Phoenix. Keep in mind Phoenix had every opportunity to still win Game 5 (game tied in the final minute).

Keep in mind your team only won 50 games in the regular season.

Keep in mind your team faced a team without its best player in the first round.

The Spurs play with more edge on the road, so they're not in trouble if they lose any games at home.

And lastly, your team is in the weaker conference.

And outside of LeBron, no one gives a shit about your team. I don't know the names of any of your team's players outside LeBron.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I'll take a W at Dallas and a L at home vs Cleveland for the first two games of the year, on back to back nights. The Cavs must really think they have the Spurs number now, beating them on the second night of the season, also a b2b night with us beating the Mavs at Dallas the night before. And that second win in January when the Spurs were on their period must be equally as comforting.

Hey Cav fan, June Spurs > Nov/Jan Spurs. Don't count on Lebron posterizing Duncan again in this series.