PDA

View Full Version : AFL Question

BeerIsGood!
06-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Has anyone here ever gone to an Arena Football game? I just noticed that the team here in Dallas is smoking people and the tickets are damn cheap for good seats. I'm thinking about going to a game to check it out, but I want to hear from someone who has gone to get opinions on if it's worth spending a few hours. Anyone know??

METALMiKE
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Never been to a game.But there is a team in Austin too, they aren't that good though..

NorCal510
06-04-2007, 11:14 PM
high scoring games. go support your team

TheSanityAnnex
06-04-2007, 11:31 PM
high scoring games. go support your teamLike you supported the Warriors? :lmao

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 12:39 AM
once again the Spurstalk populous provides not one decent answer...

fyatuk
06-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Never been to a game.But there is a team in Austin too, they aren't that good though..

I keep wishing FSN would televise more Wranglers games. They keep preferring to show Desperados games, and honestly, I'd rather chear for a team in Austin than a team in Dallas, any day of the week.

Not that I watch an entire game anyway, but they make good flips for during commercial breaks.

Last time I watched a full game was the SA Force way the hell back when.

As for the original question, if you enjoy watching it on TV, it's worth going to at least one game to check it out. Might be worth it even if you don't like it on TV if the tickets are cheap, since some sports are more fun to watch in person.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I got to see one Desperados game. It was two years and ended in the first (or maybe second) tie in league history.

I was center of the field, 300 level at the AAC, and it was great viewing. For the OT, I was behind the endzone on the field (it was part of a sportswriting competition).

I'd go if I were you.

dallaskd
06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
The Desperados are cold. Go see them in the playoffs. Support Dallas to the Arena Bowl, cuz its the only thing the city has.

BUMP
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
i used to have season tickets. front row seats behind the endzone. now i only go to about two games a year. the best seats are on the sidelines though, cause in the endzone there are a lot of camera men and reporters that are blocking the view most of the time. its a cool atmosphere, obviously not as loud as most sporting events, but with much less fans you get to talk to the players before the game and you have a good chance of catching an overthrown ball.

last year they had the best record in the league and then layed a Maverick sized egg in the 2nd round since they had a bye. hopefully they dont do the same this year