PDA

View Full Version : taken from cnnsi fan nation forum

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I read this and thought it was funny.......I dont understand what all these sports writers and analysts are thinking all over the CAVS jocks........are they not watching the same NBA as we are? Anyway this sports fan (not even a spurs fan) wrote something funny.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/18135

"A tough series??? You know what...I'll say that ONLY because I KNOW for a fact that the league is looking for another Michael Jordan, so they HAVE to keep it close. Im not gonna take anything away from Daniel Gibson, but if it wasnt for those Ref....those &%$*&#@ ref's man....it wouldnt have been close. Just for once I would like to see a basketball game, not a movie WITH ACTORS, not a wrestling match WITH ACTORS, a REAL game where they still go by the hprase " May the Best Team win" but thats not possible today becasue referees have TOO much power.

How far do you think TIM DUNCAN is gonna let Varejo get will all that floppin? Really...I swear if this was my first time ever watching basketball I'd bet my life that Varejo has NEVER played basketball before that game, EVER. He's just there to fall and whine. Lebron wasn't that bad untill the playoffs,(now doing his rendition of Dwayne Wade/actor extraodinaire) I know these guys areeverybodies favorite players, but I dont think its right or fair that ANYBODY (David Stern) should jeapordize the aunthenticity and 'real' fan base just to 'MAKE' another Jordan. You CANT miss Mike THAT much, seriously. All Im sayin is, to people who never played ball, and just watch sportcenter...the Finals WILL bring you back to reality...that the SPURS (though I hate them more than any team in the world), they will show you AND the CAV's what real basketball is. Pure talent, Defense, Fundamentals, Hunger, Authenticity. Cav's possess talent, thats it. They have a long way to go...and it shall be displayed. Make sure you wtch it now....you only have 4 games to catch it!"

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 07:33 AM
here is another good quote this time from Duncan

" Duncan said it's safe to say James may get more attention on the court, but that the Spurs won't make many changes to their defense.

"You have to respect someone like that and focus a little more of the attention toward him," Duncan said. "But they're going to need a team to beat us, LeBron's not going to do it by himself."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2007/06/03/bc.bkn.nbafinals.spurs.ap/index.html