PDA

View Full Version : Cavs in 7

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Cavs have too much length, defense, and rebounding for the Spurs in the post...and too much length and interchangable roles from the perimeter (including the X factor, LBJ). Bowen doesn't consider LBJ in MJ's realm but he's gonna get more than he ever wanted of "LJ" in this series. "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.

Loose Cannon
06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
No.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:40 AM
I vote to create a thread for all cavs fans to post their BS predictions in. If they post their crap outside of it, it should be locked/deleted.

-Mars

ducks
06-04-2007, 09:41 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69877

L.I.T
Cavs have too much length, defense, and rebounding for the Spurs in the post...and too much length and interchangable roles from the perimeter (including the X factor, LBJ). Bowen doesn't consider LBJ in MJ's realm but he's gonna get more than he ever wanted of "LJ" in this series. "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.

Huwah?

ducks
can cav fans read the other threads before posting new thread

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
We heard the same thing about Utah. Maybe the Cavs can keep the similarities going by fishing at the same lake in a few weeks.

For the few stretches that Sheed was focused and bothered to actually attack the rim from the post instead of camping out on the three point line he looked damn good. Now picture Sheed minus the headband and with enough mental toughness not to get kicked out of a game because Sideshow Bob flopped his way to a call. The picture should look something like Tim Duncan destroying the pack of douchebags you guys call a front court.

Spurminator
06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
It's going to be a long week.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:48 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69881

-Mars

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Best offensive rebounding team in the NBA.....Z's gonna plant down and use his length to slow duncan. The bulk of your scoring doesn't come from the post and duncan anyways.......

hater
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM
"THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.

http://bupp.blogs.com/rowan/images/superstar.jpg

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM

Before the Cavs can "win in 7", they have to actually play 7 games....

Look for this to be over in 5......

I want all you Cav fans to get on your "Witness" shirts, because you are fixin to WITNESS what a great "TEAM" is all about.

Your "one pony act" ain't gonna cut it.

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
You gonna double and triple team that pony or let him drive right around bowen AND get your bigs in foul trouble?

GSH
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Best offensive rebounding team in the NBA.....Z's gonna plant down and use his length to slow duncan. The bulk of your scoring doesn't come from the post and duncan anyways.......

So you think offensive rebounding is going to be the difference in the series? Good to see that you've already adjusted to the idea that you're gonna be missing a lot of first shots. The Cavs had a poor FG% against >.500 teams this year. It will be worse against the Spurs.

For the record....Parker and Ginobili are going to be coming after Frankenstein in the paint. I've noticed that he doesn't get too many offensive boards from the bench.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
haha

ang_mysteryo
06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Before the Cavs can "win in 7", they have to actually play 7 games....

Look for this to be over in 5......

I want all you Cav fans to get on your "Witness" shirts, because you are fixin to WITNESS what a great "TEAM" is all about.

Your "one pony act" ain't gonna cut it.

actually, witness is for last year....

this year, it is "rise up"..... :clap

easjer
06-04-2007, 10:07 AM
You gonna double and triple team that pony or let him drive right around bowen AND get your bigs in foul trouble?

No, because that's just dumb (although it's tempting, given how streaky the rest of your team is with the shooting). Our bigs are used to defending the paint and (apart from the well-intentioned Elson), are able to guard and deny penetration and block shots.

I'd be much more concerned about what big Z is gonna contribute from the bench. The directive hasn't changed from playing against the DPOY in Camby, playing the beast in Amare, and playing Okur and Boozer in the conference finals. Drive in. Score in the paint. Get inside and get the offense going. Spread the floor with jumpshots so they can't pack the lane. Big Z is headed for the bench with foul trouble and I'm not sure what you plan to do about our mulitple threats, both inside and outside.

As far as rebonding goes, well, I won't lie, it's been a concern in the past. But as the Utah series showed - if they focus, and play hard, they can outrebound one of the best rebounding frontcourts in the league. If the Spurs are good at one thing, it's denying on D.

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 10:10 AM

Look....Detroit proved in game 6 that you can make him give up the dribble and try to pass out.

That's exactly what I look for the Spurs to do. Can't beat you if he don't have the ball in his hands.

And don't think your "one night wonder", Boobie is gonna kill the Spurs.

They stay on 3 point shooters like stink on shit.

Just ask Phoenix

Boobie will be back to his normal 4 points a contest.

eisfeld
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM

There will be no double or triple team on him. Maybe it will be good for you to see your chosen one going the Darth Vader way at the end of the series.

sheriee84
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Cavs . "THE" superstar is going to be the difference maker.
You're right Tim Duncan WILL be awesome!

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
If you are so sure the Cadavers will win why not just say it will be a sweep since they are soooooo dominantn in every area? :rolleyes

These Cav troll have got to be the worst yet.

VaSpursFan
06-04-2007, 10:28 AM

are you kidding me? if camby, nene, kurt thomas, boozer and okur couldn't slow down timmy, how in the hell is the slow and weak Z gonna do it. timmy is gonna drive the ball down his throat because he is too slow and too weak to stop him.

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Cleveland Rocks!
I know funny.....and you're not.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Lurch=Z

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Lurch=Z
http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/lurch7.jpg
:lol

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I never said they were soooooo dominant in every area, you did, remember? But the cavs are enough beter in a few areas where it will matter...and lebron is the glue that spreads around and makes up for other deficiencies.

"e you kidding me? if camby, nene, kurt thomas, boozer and okur couldn't slow down timmy, how in the hell is the slow and weak Z gonna do it. timmy is gonna drive the ball down his throat because he is too slow and too weak to stop him".........um, the weren't all on the same team, were they? But Z, Gooden, and Andy will be enough to slow him to the point that we need him to be?

If you think you defend the paint so well and go after all of lebron's drives then your bigs WILL be in foul trouble. Your going to have to when and what shots that are worth it.

It will be a great series. CAVS in 7.
Bowen > :downspin:

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I never said they were soooooo dominant in every area, you did, remember? But the cavs are enough beter in a few areas where it will matter...and lebron is the glue that spreads around and makes up for other deficiencies.

"e you kidding me? if camby, nene, kurt thomas, boozer and okur couldn't slow down timmy, how in the hell is the slow and weak Z gonna do it. timmy is gonna drive the ball down his throat because he is too slow and too weak to stop him".........um, the weren't all on the same team, were they? But Z, Gooden, and Andy will be enough to slow him to the point that we need him to be?

If you think you defend the paint so well and go after all of lebron's drives then your bigs WILL be in foul trouble. Your going to have to when and what shots that are worth it.

It will be a great series. CAVS in 7.
Bowen > :downspin:
No you didn't actually say it but you pretty much implied it here in your first post....or did you forget? Here is a refresher for you:

Cavs have too much length, defense, and rebounding for the Spurs in the post...and too much length and interchangable roles from the perimeter (including the X factor, LBJ).

What part are they not better in do you think? You basically said they are better in every category.

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh...BTW...an X-factor is usually someone who isn't the main star but is one who doesn't get much playing time and steps up critical situations.

Texas_Ranger
06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Nope!!!

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I think the Cavs will win the series as well, however I am not going to be the one from the Cavs group to break the olive branch of peace between two teams who have been very impressive throughout the regular season and playoffs. FYI, this is my second time posting on here so yes, I am new on here. However, it may not be the last time seeing as how the Spurs have dominated the West and I am kind of foreseeing the same thing from the Cavs in the East for as long as Lebron is on our team.

I think Cleveland will win the boards because they have two legit centers in Z and Varajao, that is 12 fouls to give. There are alot of teams with two centers, however not many of them have two legit centers who have the range that Z does or have the scrapiness and intensity of Varajao. Most centers do not move and play defense like AV, the closest comparison, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is with Tim Duncan (especially with how they both know how to move their feet under the basket defensively).

I like Cleveland because SA isn't going to get the kind of easy shots they are used to with Ginobli and Parker driving to the hoop, if the refs let the teams play it will be doubly-so. The thing about Cleveland's backcourt is, they shoot ok, but the greatest attribute they have is to limit opposing backcourt scoring through strong defense, timely shooting and allowing for Lebron to do what he does to keep the pressure on. I've heard from the media that Gibson won't get his points, but I don't know about that, the young guy can definately play and can definately score, his jumper is fundamentally more sound as any rookie I've seen in his class. And any game where he and Lebron both are on their games, it is just going to be very difficult to beat these Cavs, especially on nights such as Games 4, 5, and 6 against Detroit where those two were scoring upwards of 60 points per game combined. Once they get going, they're very difficult to stop.

The most important thing to look out for in this series is who has the better series between Duncan and James. Whereas I think there isn't alot that San Antonio can throw at James personnel-wise that he hasn't seen and dealt with numerous times, Duncan may have some trouble playing a team that can go two-deep at center and play big across the board with those guys and other big men such as Gooden, James, Pavolvic, Marshall, and others. Of the guys I just listed, I believe none scale in at less than 6'7. That is some serious height and rebounding ability to deal with.

I'll say Cleveland wins it in 6 games, Duncan is a great player who like James has the entire offense run through him, however I like the chances of any team that has Lebron James leading the way. Also, unlike alot of young teams in the playoffs, these guys have formed the mindset of a champion and like Duncan himself said, confidence is as large a part of winning these big games as anything, because when it comes down to it these are the two best teams in the NBA and both have tons of talent.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 10:54 AM
So you think offensive rebounding is going to be the difference in the series? Good to see that you've already adjusted to the idea that you're gonna be missing a lot of first shots. The Cavs had a poor FG% against >.500 teams this year. It will be worse against the Spurs.

For the record....Parker and Ginobili are going to be coming after Frankenstein in the paint. I've noticed that he doesn't get too many offensive boards from the bench.
Frankenstein and Lurch.