PDA

View Full Version : Best Playoffs in years

naico
06-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Know a lotta people will disagree with me, probably becuz of their team being eliminated, but i've really been enjoying these playoffs..

Lots of crowd and home support, great games..The upsets caused by Golden State and Cleveland. Utah giving their city hope for the future, the 48point outburst of Lebron..The heated Spurs-Suns series..nd so on..

Findog
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM
nothing in this year's playoffs tops Mavs-Spurs from last year. What was the quote from Tim Duncan? "This was the best series I ever played in."

naico
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
nothing in this year's playoffs tops Mavs-Spurs from last year. What was the quote from Tim Duncan? "This was the best series I ever played in."

True, for sure..But i'm talkin bout the playoffs in general..

BacktoBasics
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
I totally agree that this year has been a good turning point for the next generation of quality basketball. This has been some of the best overall playoff ball I've ever seen.

The overall entertainment value this season has been way up. I really think all the young and up and coming talent that has been stockpiling on teams benches are finally sifting their way up top and have started to contribute to the league.

Its about time.

naico
06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I totally agree that this year has been a good turning point for the next generation of quality basketball. This has been some of the best overall playoff ball I've ever seen.

The overall entertainment value this season has been way up. I really think all the young and up and coming talent that has been stockpiling on teams benches are finally sifting their way up top and have started to contribute to the league.

Its about time.

Good post, couldn't have said it any better..

NBA Junkie
06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Any late playoff series without Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant or the Dallas Mavericks is always a good one. :lol

stretch
06-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Any late playoff series without Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant or the Dallas Mavericks is always a good one. :lol
The ratings beg to differ.

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Do you know the ratings this year as compared to last years?

makedamnsure
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
These playoffs have been amazing and not just because the Spurs are in the Finals. The West has shown that it's the absolute best and most unpredictable conference. Golden State upsetting Dallas? Utah's young stars getting them to the WCF? Spurs - Suns series rivaling even the Spurs - Mavs series last year?

meanwhile except for LeBron there was nothing to talk about in the East.

But yes best playoffs in a long time for me.

itzsoweezee
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
last year's was much better. from phoenix-suns, to the cavs surprising run in the east, to the spurs-mavs, suns-mavs, series, the last playoff season was the best i've ever seen.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM

LOL like Dallas is going to affect the ratings. Kobe/Shaq and the Lakers will always be a top ratings draw. Dallas...not so much. You can thank Shaq/Wade for the Finals ratings being up last year.

tim_duncan_fan
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM

Its about time.

You mean you liked the eastern conference playoffs? I didn't find anything in the east entertaining at all.

I found most of it horrible.

The stuff in the west was pretty good though.

BacktoBasics
06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I enjoyed the Bulls sweeping the Heat. The Nets second round series against the Cavs I enjoyed as well. Cavs Pistons produced two good games.

I do agree the West was better and more entertaining.