PDA

View Full Version : At start of which Spurs series have you been most confident?

nkdlunch
06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
For me it's definitely this finals vs. cavs. May our boys not choke it!

Soul_Patch
06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
i wont be suprised if it is a sweep.

cheguevara
06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
maybe Manu will be nice enough to show Lebronze his gold medal

Obstructed_View
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Duncan is on the Olympic teammates' re-education tour.

whottt
06-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Utah...easily.

easjer
06-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Definitely vs. Cavs.

Not saying it's going to be a cakewalk and I'm not making plans to get off work for the parade, but I feel a lot more confident about this series than the previous 2. This is on par with Denver, except that I feel more confident because I've seen the way this team plays now and I didn't know how we'd play then.

Jimcs50
06-04-2007, 11:09 AM
:lol

Whata crock.....you Spurs fans are whistling past the graveyard, if you are more confident in this series over the Jazz.

This series will be much tougher, if not only for the format(2-3-2) If SA does not hold serve, they will be in ahuge hole, because they might not get back to SA.

easjer
06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I was more concerned about the potential rebounding disparity and Okur's 3 point shooting, in addition Kirilenko's re-emergence in the playoffs. Those were things we couldn't do much to guard against.

The fact that the Spurs made rebounind a priority in 3 of their wins and that Okur and Kirilenko disappeared doesn't mean that we weren't right to worry about that series.

The Cavs? are a decent team. But I'm confident in my Spurs, to the point that I feel most confident about this series.

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Utah was a fiercer team, better coached, but the Spurs took two of their best players out of it - Kirilenko, Okur - the same they do with guys like Marion and Barbosa.

sa_butta
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Had to be Utah.

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2007, 11:22 AM
we are always confident in the spurs......cose this is spur-taaaa

ShoogarBear
06-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Nuggies.

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
All of them.

Spurminator
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Phoenix, actually.

Every other team had a strength in one of our areas of weakness that I could have seen them exploiting. I always felt good about our matchups with the Suns.

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I've been worried about various facets of each of these series. I'm worried about this Finals series as well. I was much more confident in 1999 against the Knicks and in 2003 against the Nets.

Lebron is the biggest difference maker the Spurs have faced in a Finals series. We've all seen how the Spurs can struggle with Kobe's Lakers if they get anything at all from the guys who surround Kobe. As great as Kobe is, I don't think he presents the same sort of multi-faceted challenge that Lebron brings to the table. If Lebron's teammates give the Cavs some contributions, this series could be a real tough one for the Spurs.

florige
06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
:lol

Whata crock.....you Spurs fans are whistling past the graveyard, if you are more confident in this series over the Jazz.

This series will be much tougher, if not only for the format(2-3-2) If SA does not hold serve, they will be in ahuge hole, because they might not get back to SA.

I agree with you on the format thing. But I don't see SA winning in Cleveland being a problem. Maybe GS, or Arco or something I might be concerned. I fully expect us to lose the first game and run off the next 4. Similiar to the way the Philly-76ers series went in 00-01. I fully expect the Cavs to ride the hype into a game one victory. Don't get caught up in all the hype. I was REALLY concerned with that Denver series. The only thing that concerns me with the Cavs might be their defense. Other than that I'm not too concerned with their other players besides James.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree with you on the format thing. But I don't see SA winning in Cleveland being a problem. Maybe GS, or Arco or something I might be concerned. I fully expect us to lose the first game and run off the next 4. Similiar to the way the Philly-76ers series went in 00-01. I fully expect the Cavs to ride the hype into a game one victory. Don't get caught up in all the hype. I was REALLY concerned with that Denver series. The only thing that concerns me with the Cavs might be their defense. Other than that I'm not too concerned with their other players besides James.
I am still wondering if any team from the east would have made the playoffs in the West.

Oh, Gee!!
06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Jazz first with the Cavs a not-to-distant second

florige
06-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I am still wondering if any team from the east would have made the playoffs in the West.

I'm not doubting the Cavs wouldn't had made the playoffs, but I doubt that they would have beatin a team like Denver in a 7 game series. I mean alot of people are quick to point out that we were lucky to be here. How about the Cavs getting fortunate to face a Wizards team without Arenas or Butler. They basically got a 1st round pass with that one.

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
After watching the Cavs barely able to match up to the seemingly uninterested Pistons for 23 quarters, I feel more confident going into this series than any other we have played.

I think any team that we have eliminated so far would have stuck it to the Cavs.

SpursIndonesia
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
The series against the Suns. Our team just matchs up too well against them.

hater
06-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Warriors , Dallas, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets could easily beat Cavs in 7 game series.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not doubting the Cavs wouldn't had made the playoffs, but I doubt that they would have beatin a team like Denver in a 7 game series. I mean alot of people are quick to point out that we were lucky to be here. How about the Cavs getting fortunate to face a Wizards team without Arenas or Butler. They basically got a 1st round pass with that one.
End of Regular Season Wins:
Dallas - 67
Phx - 61
Spurs - 58
Detroit - 53 (Tops in East Central Div.)
Houston - 52
Utah - 51
Cavs - 50 (2nd in East Central Div.)
Toronto - 47 - (Tops in East Atlantic Div.)
Denver - 45
Miami - 44 ( Tops in East Southeast Div.)
Lakers - 42
GSW - 42

DarrinS
06-04-2007, 01:02 PM
The Spurs are too good of a TEAM to be beaten by ONE superstar and his cast of scrubs.

Round 1: Spurs defeated the Nuggets in 5. That team was one of the hottest teams since the all star break and had the two-headed monster of AI and Carmelo, plus the DPOY Camby.

Round 2: Spurs defeated the Suns in 6. Nash/Stoudemire/Marion -- enough said.

Round 3: Spurs defeated the Jazz in 5. Two up-and-coming superstars in Deron Williams and Boozer.

Plus, Pop won't play into his opponents hands like Flip did.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 01:06 PM

Pistons and Cavs, that would be it.

-Mars

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Warriors , Dallas, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets could easily beat Cavs in 7 game series.
Could be Warriors, too.

florige
06-04-2007, 01:10 PM
The Spurs are too good of a TEAM to be beaten by ONE superstar and his cast of scrubs.

Round 1: Spurs defeated the Nuggets in 5. That team was one of the hottest teams since the all star break and had the two-headed monster of AI and Carmelo, plus the DPOY Camby.

Round 2: Spurs defeated the Suns in 6. Nash/Stoudemire/Marion -- enough said.

Round 3: Spurs defeated the Jazz in 5. Two up-and-coming superstars in Deron Williams and Boozer.

Plus, Pop won't play into his opponents hands like Flip did.

I think that alot of Spurs fans are still caught up in the moment of that dominating performance that Lebron put on Thursday. I'll admit it had me thinking some, but then I realized that Lebron cannot beat us by himself. If he had another go to player say like a KG or something then might be worried. If we let Lebron get his and just stop the other scrubs from scoring Lebron coould average 50 points a game in this series for all I give a crap. As long as we average 80-90 points. And like you said, the Denver matchup with Iverson and Carmelo had me more worried than this. Not only were they the hottest team since the all-star break, they also were set on revenge against us, and were just about guaranteeing that they were a different team from two years ago who lost in 5. But guess what.....