PDA

View Full Version : Austin GTG!!

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Anyone down for thursday?

bfield
06-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I am up for it! For the last few games, I have been going to the 'Warehouse' on 71 just east of I35. And you?

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I am up for it! For the last few games, I have been going to the 'Warehouse' on 71 just east of I35. And you?

man that place smells ;).....outside patio is pretty cool though.

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 12:22 PM
have you every been to Ringers downtown?

dmac
06-04-2007, 12:25 PM
TigoleBitties said we could use his place!!:fro

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 12:29 PM

where is that at?

Tigole Bitties
06-04-2007, 12:31 PM

You mean one of those $3 steak joints? :hungry:

What are the options? --

Champions Sports Bar (Warehouse district)
Ringers Sports Lounge (Warehouse district)
Scholz Biergarten (south of UT campus)
Warehouse Saloon (Ben White)
Rhino's & Jocks (Northwest Austin)
Dave & Busters

??

http://www.spring.net/sports/resources/sportsbars.html

conqueso
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
You mean one of those $3 steak joints? :hungry:

What are the options? --

Champions Sports Bar (Warehouse district)
Ringers Sports Lounge (Warehouse district)
Scholz Biergarten (south of UT campus)
Warehouse Saloon (Ben White)
Rhino's & Jocks (Northwest Austin)
Dave & Busters

??

http://www.spring.net/sports/resources/sportsbars.html

The Tavern on 12th and Lamar is pretty tight for games. They have a ton of TVs visible from everywhere, outside patio with TVs (for the smokers), pretty good food, cheap beers. One drawback: they don't have Lone Star on tap.

The Varsity Bar above Austin's Pizza on the Drag is pretty tight as well. Usually lots of Spurs fans, and it's not too crowded now that school is out.

black/silver rook
06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
pluckers on s. lamar is also a good option.

Spaceman Spiff
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm down. Let's all decide on something, I'm there.

leemajors
06-04-2007, 11:34 PM
The Tavern on 12th and Lamar is pretty tight for games. They have a ton of TVs visible from everywhere, outside patio with TVs (for the smokers), pretty good food, cheap beers. One drawback: they don't have Lone Star on tap.

The Varsity Bar above Austin's Pizza on the Drag is pretty tight as well. Usually lots of Spurs fans, and it's not too crowded now that school is out.

have they changed it in the last few years? after they reopened they had most of the TVs upstairs right over the bar :/ i miss the AIR CONDITIONED t-shirts from before the fire.

Spaceman Spiff
06-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd be fine with The Tavern

Findog
06-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Buffalo Billiards has the biggest screens. Not the best tv, but the Draughthouse on Medical Arts is a pretty sweet place to watch a game. That's where I witnessed Game 5 of Mavericks-Jazz back in 2001. Austin is a Spurs ftown, but everybody was rooting for Dallas that night.

O-Factor
06-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Im ready for the beat down the cavs, lebron and titty are going to recieve...

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 12:52 AM
The Tavern sounds good......how many of us are in...Ofactor and I are in.

conqueso
06-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Buffalo Billiards has the biggest screens. Not the best tv, but the Draughthouse on Medical Arts is a pretty sweet place to watch a game. That's where I witnessed Game 5 of Mavericks-Jazz back in 2001. Austin is a Spurs ftown, but everybody was rooting for Dallas that night.

The Draughthouse has one small 14" TV viewable from only about 1/3 of the bar. Don't get me wrong, it's my regular bar, and I actually spent more time there this semester than I did in class, but it's pretty shitty for watching games.

The Tavern has somewhere around 6 TVs downstairs including a very large screen, about 15 TVs upstairs with three flat panels above the bar and various others scattered throughout, and 7 TVs outside on the upstairs patio. I've been watching all of the cable games there throughout the playoffs and it's pretty phat. The way they have the TVs arranged is so that people sitting at a table don't have to rearrange the chairs so that they all face the same direction; from a regular sitting position at the table, you are guaranteed to see a TV.

Unfortunately, I will be in Dallas on Thursday (how much does that suck that I have to watch the Spurs in the Finals in fucking Dallas?!?!?!), but I will definitely show up at any subsequent gtg here in Austin, regardless of where it's at.

Budkin
06-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm in Austin as well and can make some GTGs. I always hear that Ringers has the biggest crowd of Spurs fans though I've never been. I'm not sure I can make Game 1 but I'll try.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm live in San Marcos but I'm practically in Austin every day for some reason or other. I've already got plans for the first game but let's keep this thread open for other games, I'm down for a GTG some time if I'm not working.

ATXSPUR
06-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Not gonna be in Austin during the finals...however may I suggest pluckers to you guys they are always good.

Findog
06-05-2007, 07:30 AM
The Draughthouse has one small 14" TV viewable from only about 1/3 of the bar. Don't get me wrong, it's my regular bar, and I actually spent more time there this semester than I did in class, but it's pretty shitty for watching games.

The Tavern has somewhere around 6 TVs downstairs including a very large screen, about 15 TVs upstairs with three flat panels above the bar and various others scattered throughout, and 7 TVs outside on the upstairs patio. I've been watching all of the cable games there throughout the playoffs and it's pretty phat. The way they have the TVs arranged is so that people sitting at a table don't have to rearrange the chairs so that they all face the same direction; from a regular sitting position at the table, you are guaranteed to see a TV.

Unfortunately, I will be in Dallas on Thursday (how much does that suck that I have to watch the Spurs in the Finals in fucking Dallas?!?!?!), but I will definitely show up at any subsequent gtg here in Austin, regardless of where it's at.

I liked going to the Draughthouse because Cherilynn is fucking hawt as hell. I don't know if she still works there after the Meat Purveyors broke up. And yeah, I've been to the Tavern. I don't remember any large-screen tvs, but I do recall that tvs are peppered throughout the place so you can watch no matter where you are. Of course, I haven't lived in Austin for two years so things have perhaps changed.

If you can stand to deal with the frat douches, I'd go to Buffalo Billiards.

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Well so far I think its either between Ringers and The Tavern. Ringers is bigger and has a better place to park. Plus they have a TV in the bathroom ;). So between the 2 where would you want to go. PM and ill give you my number so we can meet up.

leemajors
06-05-2007, 08:18 AM
ringers is def a nice setup, but nearly everyone in there is phony as hell. my wife closes on thurs so i wouldn't be able to make it, it's me and my daughter that night!

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah thats why I think the Tavern is the best spot. Last spurs game I went to there was when they last won the title.... :) good times and it was rowdy.

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
We should go to Perfect 10 or XTC :smokin

leemajors
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I liked going to the Draughthouse because Cherilynn is fucking hawt as hell. I don't know if she still works there after the Meat Purveyors broke up. And yeah, I've been to the Tavern. I don't remember any large-screen tvs, but I do recall that tvs are peppered throughout the place so you can watch no matter where you are. Of course, I haven't lived in Austin for two years so things have perhaps changed.

If you can stand to deal with the frat douches, I'd go to Buffalo Billiards.

as far as i know, a bunch of dudes and constance work there. i usually only go on sunday nights though. the lagunitas maximus IPA was good sunday... :smokin

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Ok...seriously now...out of those 2 i would chose the Tavern just cause I haven't been there and Ringers gets pretty packed sometimes. :drunk

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok...seriously now...out of those 2 i would chose the Tavern just cause I haven't been there and Ringers gets pretty packed sometimes. :drunk

Plus we all know what happens when you and I go to Ringers.....hahahah actually I guess only I know.......No shots for Free Mad Dan.

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Plus we all know what happens when you and I go to Ringers.....hahahah actually I guess only I know.......No shots for Free Mad Dan.

Well as long as no ones eyeballing me we won't have problems. Plus there's no UFC fight on that night. :drunk

Budkin
06-05-2007, 09:53 AM
We should go to Perfect 10 or XTC :smokin

I live pretty close to Perfect 10 but my wife will not be happy if I end up there. :lol

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I live pretty close to Perfect 10 but my wife will not be happy if I end up there. :lol

Just bring her along. It's fun for the whole family :lol

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 12:13 PM
bump

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM

how about JOY.........might as well that place is "dirty" just like us hahahah

Findog
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
how about JOY.........might as well that place is "dirty" just like us hahahah

Are Sugar's and the Yellow Rose still around?

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Are Sugar's and the Yellow Rose still around?

Yes to both...I haven't been to either but I hear the commercials for them on 101X all the time.

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes to both...I haven't been to either but I hear the commercials for them on 101X all the time.

Yeah they are still around.....I havent been to either in a while, but I am overdue.

leemajors
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
people listen to 101x?

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
people listen to 101x?

Yes in the morning on the drive in to work. Like to hear Deb and her English accent.

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes in the morning on the drive in to work. Like to hear Deb and her English accent.

Her voice in the morning gets me through the day.

Tigole Bitties
06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
The monitors at the Tavern should all be high-def, right?

MrChug
06-06-2007, 01:20 AM
pluckers on s. lamar is also a good option.

Excellent option(BIG PLACE, basketball game doesn't work tho)...I'm in Austin on Thursday, I'm in!

fowl play
06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
don't hate leemajors
the assman listens to 101x - it has the good new shit! :music

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 07:38 AM
The monitors at the Tavern should all be high-def, right?

they should be

ATRAIN
06-06-2007, 02:39 PM
So far it looks like 3 of us will be meeting up...PM me if you want to go and ill give you my contact info and the location.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
FYI - Champions on 4th is giving away tickets to Game One tomorrow sometime around 5-6. Odd, I know.

Tigole Bitties
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM
FYI - Champions on 4th is giving away tickets to Game One tomorrow sometime around 5-6. Odd, I know.

wtf... it's at least an hour away to SA, factor in finding a parking spot, and walking to the arena -- that's barely enough time to catch the "Ya'll Ready For This?" intro.

FreeMad Dan
06-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't believe there was nobody in Austin was down for this. :depressed

ChumpDumper
06-09-2007, 01:31 PM
wtf... it's at least an hour away to SA, factor in finding a parking spot, and walking to the arena -- that's barely enough time to catch the "Ya'll Ready For This?" intro.I got my tickets at 6:35 and came in at the 10 minute mark in the 1st.