PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Boobie!!

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Man I am sick and tired of all these writers saying that Daniel Gibson is going to torch us. First of all he left UT too early and is going to learn the hard way what DEF really is. Second of all they talk about him being the Xfactor 6 man....wtf we took out the 6th man of the year in Barbosa. Damn I cant wait for this series to be over and our riverwalk parade to start already.

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
beno is going to torch him from the bench man.....

NoMoneyDown
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Parker's going to school this guy so much it's not even funny.

jmard5
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't think that he will get any good looks from the 3. Parker would wear him down.

florige
06-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Man I am sick and tired of all these writers saying that Daniel Gibson is going to torch us. First of all he left UT too early and is going to learn the hard way what DEF really is. Second of all they talk about him being the Xfactor 6 man....wtf we took out the 6th man of the year in Barbosa. Damn I cant wait for this series to be over and our riverwalk parade to start already.

It's amazing how a guy can have one great game partly due to the fact of Detroit's larthagic defense and already they are praising this guy as the next Scottie Pippen. Amazing!

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I will agree, it's only been one series for him; however, I AM impressed with how he's handling the pressure of the playoffs. Even veterans have crumbled at this point.
We'll see what happens this next round though.

newbiefan
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I will agree, it's only been one series for him; however, I AM impressed with how he's handling the pressure of the playoffs. Even veterans have crumbled at this point.

that's cuz he doesn't know any better

weebo
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM

I chalk this up to inexperience and low expectations. In the Piston series there were no expectations for this kid, thus, no pressure. Now, lets see how he responds to the pressure of expectation. Everyone will be watching him next round and expecting him to hit some shots.

dmac
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I am a HUGE Boobie fan myself.

:eyebrows

duncan228
06-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Doesn't he disappear on the road like most rookies?

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I have a feeling that most of the guards on my HS Basketball team coulda hit those wide open 3s that LeBron created for him.

-Mars

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
San Antonio can't touch boobie.......

NoMoneyDown
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
San Antonio can't touch boobie.......

Gibson will ultimately sag - like most Boobies.

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I figure he will revert to his 4 ppg.

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 12:50 PM

Boobie sags too much on the rotation... Horry open for three... BANG!! Lead goes back to 12 with 3:13 left on the clock...

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Gibson will ultimately sag - like most Boobies. :lol

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
LOL, you guys are pretty funny. You sound just like the Pistons fans, giving the Cavs players no respect until it is too late.

The thing that you guys fail to recognize is that Gibson is going to continue getting those open looks unless you are fixing to leave Lebron in single coverage all game long. Once LBJ makes his initial move to the basket he is too fast to be guarded by a forward, too powerful to be slowed by a guard, and too agile to be stopped by a center. This guy has got all the skills, and to be honest, SA's defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Pistons did. Lebron will penetrate early and score, and once the defense sucks in he will begin to get guys like Gibson and Gooden involved. Bottom line is, with Lebron leading the way the Cavs will be one step ahead. SA plays good defense but not as good as Cleveland's, and I know for a fact that the Spurs aren't going to out-tough the Cavs the way they did Phoenix and Utah.

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 01:20 PM
This guy has got all the skills, and to be honest, SA's defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Pistons did.

Stupid.

florige
06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
LOL, you guys are pretty funny. You sound just like the Pistons fans, giving the Cavs players no respect until it is too late.

The thing that you guys fail to recognize is that Gibson is going to continue getting those open looks unless you are fixing to leave Lebron in single coverage all game long. Once LBJ makes his initial move to the basket he is too fast to be guarded by a forward, too powerful to be slowed by a guard, and too agile to be stopped by a center. This guy has got all the skills, and to be honest, SA's defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Pistons did. Lebron will penetrate early and score, and once the defense sucks in he will begin to get guys like Gibson and Gooden involved. Bottom line is, with Lebron leading the way the Cavs will be one step ahead. SA plays good defense but not as good as Cleveland's, and I know for a fact that the Spurs aren't going to out-tough the Cavs the way they did Phoenix and Utah.

I hate to break it to you buddy, but we rotate a hell of alot better than Detroit did. The only question I'm left with on you guys is how good is your defense really.

Loose Cannon
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Anyone who watched UT basketball knows that Parker is going to absolutely shred D-Gib. Gibson's defense isn't even close to where it needs to be to defend TP.

If Gibson starts and guards Tony, TP is going for 35+ every game.

LilMissSPURfect
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
so we have no answers for LEDORK ....i concede 50PPG.. (according to media) how the cavs gonna stop the SPURS?

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 01:24 PM
And the Spurs don't play zone. Advantage: Spurs.

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 01:27 PM

only give credit to those who desearve it. Stick around and see if after game 4 your still singing the same song.

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I hate to break it to you buddy, but we rotate a hell of alot better than Detroit did. The only question I'm left with on you guys is how good is your defense really.

Maybe you guys rotate better but Detroit has plenty of length in their players that you guys don't. The Pistons feature a much larger lineup in terms of size and wingspan than the Spurs do, I may be wrong, we'll see, but on paper I am much more confident in the ability of the Cavs to score on the Spurs than I was against Detroit. It all comes down to the matchups, San Antonio doesn't scare me defensively, they aren't very large so I really expect Cleveland to control the boards.

PS- Cleveland's defense is top-notch. These guys play tight defense, the backcourt defends the perimeter very well and draws the offense in. The Cavs have two legit center, that means 12 fouls to throw at Duncan towards wearing him down, frustrating him and all that. More importantly, Anderson Varajao reminds me exactly of Duncan defensively with his quick footwork and always staying in position, he is a perfect fit for cutting down on the easy layups that Ginobli and Parker thrived on against weaker competition this postseason.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for Thursday. Hope you stick around, BWJACKETS, when the Spurs are up by 20 in the 4th and LeBron fouls out.

-Mars

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I can't wait for Thursday. Hope you stick around, BWJACKETS, when the Spurs are up by 20 in the 4th and LeBron fouls out.

-Mars

PWNNNNED

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Anyone who watched UT basketball knows that Parker is going to absolutely shred D-Gib. Gibson's defense isn't even close to where it needs to be to defend TP.

If Gibson starts and guards Tony, TP is going for 35+ every game.

Gibson doesn't start for the Cavs, Hughes does. However, if he did, it wouldn't be a mismatch at all. Gibson just has to defend Parker on the perimeter and draw him into the lanes. I know how much Parker and Ginobli love those drives to the basket, however in this series this is exactly what Cleveland wants, they are going to do everything they can to bait SA's guards towards the basket where Cleveland can use their size-advantage to contest shots and grab rebounds.

I know Duncan has gone up against some stiff defensive competition in the paint including Boozer and Camby, however what he hasn't seen this series is a team with the depth that Cleveland has in the paint. Varajao and Z are two legit centers who can make things very difficult for Duncan. I don't see TD taking over any basketball games the way that Lebron could in this series.

CubanMustGo
06-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Varajao is the ultimate flopper and the since the Spurs have at least three players that can "take over any basketball game" at any time, feel free to concentrate on Tim.

Budkin
06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Parker is licking his chops to have Gibson defending him. That matchup is going to be a laugher...

mardigan
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Gibson doesn't start for the Cavs, Hughes does. However, if he did, it wouldn't be a mismatch at all. Gibson just has to defend Parker on the perimeter and draw him into the lanes. I know how much Parker and Ginobli love those drives to the basket, however in this series this is exactly what Cleveland wants, they are going to do everything they can to bait SA's guards towards the basket where Cleveland can use their size-advantage to contest shots and grab rebounds.

I know Duncan has gone up against some stiff defensive competition in the paint including Boozer and Camby, however what he hasn't seen this series is a team with the depth that Cleveland has in the paint. Varajao and Z are two legit centers who can make things very difficult for Duncan. I don't see TD taking over any basketball games the way that Lebron could in this series.
Thas because your a homer. And your takes on basketball are garbage by the way

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM

That's exactly what Parker wants, too. If you're giving him the court to drive the lane, Parker is going to destroy you. Detroit kept getting into the middle portion of the lane, but couldn't finish with their close-range jumpers. Cleveland seems to pack the area just around the rim, but give up the area where Parker usually launches his teardrop runners. That's not a good idea, because he's inerrant with the shot. It doesn't help that Cleveland has no real shot blocker.

Manu, for his part, can hit those runners as well. If you give that area free and tender, the Spurs have more adept slashers to take advantage of it.

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM

-Mars

Lebron is going to posterize Duncan again and this time it will be really embarassing. The Cavs have been given no chance by the media since day 1 and they have fed off of it from the start. You and other's discrediting them is just feeding the beast, please keep it up. The fact of the matter is, Cleveland is already a great team with a championship-caliber defense and the best player in the world on their roster at 22 years old, and they're only going to continue getting better. Let's see what happens when the Spurs come in overconfident like yourself and find out that they are in a dogfight.

Loose Cannon
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM

Good luck with that.

Finley, Bowen, and the rest of the 3 point shooters would like to thank your team in advance for all of the wide-open looks. :)

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Not gonna happen, Cavs are better than you think and you and everybody else discrediting the Cavs is only feeding the beast, the entire team has fed off of people underestimating them all season long. Lebron is going to posterize Duncan again and really embarass him this time. Let's see what happens when your team is as overconfident as you are and they all of the sudden find themselves in a dogfight.

It's not gonna be easy for your team either. the spurs are the best the west has to offer; and they have Tim Duncan. the Pistons made the mistake of underestimating your team, but Pop will make sure his Spurs don't.

NoMoneyDown
06-04-2007, 02:06 PM

I don't necessarily think it's what Cleveland wants - unless, of course, they are looking to foul-out all of their big men.

BWJACKETS
06-04-2007, 02:06 PM
It's amazing how a guy can have one great game partly due to the fact of Detroit's larthagic defense and already they are praising this guy as the next Scottie Pippen. Amazing!

Nobody ever said Gibson is the next Scottie Pippen, you said that and nobody else. The only people who might say that are the ones who like to compare Lebron to Michael, and that is a horrible comparison too. How bout this? Let's let Lebron be Lebron, Michael be Michael, Scottie be Scottie, and Gibson be Gibson. Make sense? Yeah, thought so. It isn't like we are dealing with clones here.

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Lebron shooting over bowen is going to seem like a gift after shooting over 6'9" Prince. Pavs is gonna clamp down on Ginobli like he did on R. Jefferson and R. Hamilton!!

ATRAIN
06-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Lebron shooting over bowen is going to seem like a gift after shooting over 6'9" Prince. Pavs is gonna clamp down on Ginobli like he did on R. Jefferson and R. Hamilton!!

PAVS hahaha . Pavs = Pussy Cavs!!! hahahaha

BlackFlagg
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM

Lebron will get his, no doubt, but that's where the contest is going to end. I like Boobie, too, but those shots aren't going to have a chance with the Spurs.

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Just tell Bowen to watch his feet when others are going up for jumpers. That'll be a quick ticket for him out of the series. :bang

itzsoweezee
06-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe you guys rotate better but Detroit has plenty of length in their players that you guys don't.

See phoenix suns series. and don't tell me you think the cavs' outside shooting is better than the suns'.

nkdlunch
06-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Titty ain't gonna do shit in the finals

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
See phoenix suns series. and don't tell me you think the cavs' outside shooting is better than the suns'.

"The-whole" outside shooting doesn't have to be, its that combined with rebounding, defense, timely-scoring, and a little Lebron magic. Over a seven game series against Lebron, which San Antonio has never done, your gonna realize there's gonna be a couple nights where it just doesn't matter what or how you do it. He'll beat you. His presence is good for two wins by himself from the start.

PM5K
06-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I think SpursTalk might have it's own boobies to watch out for...

BigBeezie
06-04-2007, 02:50 PM

He will sag and not be as "firm" on defense as he should.

virginislandCAVS
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
He's very young.....shouldn't be any sagging problems for awhile.

dmac
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM

so we should just not even bother showing up or playing. we should just annoint the "king" and bow to his greatness?

you think you know ANYTHING about playing defense? wake up and smell lake erie boys.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
It's not gonna be easy for your team either. the spurs are the best the west has to offer; and they have Tim Duncan. the Pistons made the mistake of underestimating your team, but Pop will make sure his Spurs don't.

listen to the pistons they know better ;)

APPROPRIATE FEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

-Mars

ponky
06-04-2007, 03:13 PM

-Mars

i'm not really into talking smack, just observing, but, this statement leads me to wonder, how many times this season has lebron fouled out of a game? anyone know?

EDIT: Ok, I looked it up because the dude doesn't collect fouls which is what I recall. He has collected six fouls only once this season, five fouls twice this season and four fouls only 18 times this season, including all the playoff games. 75% of the time, Lebron barely gets to two fouls.

mardigan
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM
i'm not really into talking smack, just observing, but, this statement leads me to wonder, how many times this season has lebron fouled out of a game? anyone know?
Once, against the Pacers. He also had 5 fouls twice. Damn

ponky
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Once, against the Pacers. He also had 5 fouls twice. Damn

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how the fouls bounce off him, like he's immune to them. The last game of the ECF, he didn't collect his first foul until the second half of the fourth quarter.

cherylsteele
06-04-2007, 03:55 PM
The Cavs could be walking into a boobie trap.

iflyabeech
06-04-2007, 03:58 PM
dude, I can't name anyone other than lebron on this team...are ya'll talking about the sideshow bob guy?

iflyabeech
06-04-2007, 04:00 PM
that guy and his gay ass hair is almost more of an annoyance to watch than Dick Hamilton with that stupid ass looking guard on his face

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
This guy has got all the skills, and to be honest, SA's defense doesn't scare me nearly as much as the Pistons did.

Put down the crack pipe and back away slowly... :lol

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
The Cavs could be walking into a boobie trap.

Yup...and I don't think they have wha tit takes to beat the Spurs in a 7-game series.

Marcus Bryant
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
What happens when Gibson faces a team D that doesn't leave his ass open often at the 3 point line?

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 04:16 PM
What happens when Gibson faces a team D that doesn't leave his ass open often at the 3 point line?

He looks like a boob.

OH! NO! I! DINT!!!

z0sa
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Gibson wont be doing much against the Spurs.

The only way Cleveland wins this series is if LeBron has four MONSTER games, not just huge, MONSTER. And even then its hard to imagine them beating us still.

LavaLamp
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM

LOL. Clever.

DfendtheStar
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
whats really funny about your statement is not the content....but you actually believe the shit your trying to shovel.....thats hilarious

smrattler
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Boobie proved to be.... more.. than a "handful"....

Muah-hahahah....

http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg

DOMINATOR
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
why do opposing fans try to convince other team's fans that their team sucks? stupid BWJACKASS