PDA

View Full Version : Antonio McDyess

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Backup Antonio McDyess was devastated. Words caught in his throat as he acknowledged his last best chance for a championship might have evaporated.

"I feel like I'm at the end of my career and it just ain't gonna happen," said McDyess, 32, who has a contract option to return. "Tonight, I accepted that I'm never gonna win. I felt this team was the one to get us there. We had all the chances in the world and we blew it. It seems like it's over for me now."

Link. (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070604/SPORTS08/706040360/1127/SPORTS0102)

He has a player option for over $6M next season, which it's hard to imagine he walks away from, but he'd be an incredible pick-up for the Spurs in the offseason.

It might ruin any 'Plan 2008' ideas, but would you give him $3M per for 2 years? He'd recoup his option and could flee a disintegrating team. While he didn't have the best playoffs, McDyess is still a terrific player with a great attitude who is desperate for a championship. Shades of Jerome Kersey.

What thoughts?

makedamnsure
06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I'd love him here.

Pistons < Spurs
06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Dice is pure class, and still has lots of game. I'm hopeful the Pistons resign him, but if we don't, I think SA would be a perfect place for him.

I wouldn't be mad if you all got him. He desperately wants a ring, and would obviously stand a good chance of getting it w/ the Spurs.

DarkReign
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Dice is pure class, and still has lots of game. I'm hopeful the Pistons resign him, but if we don't, I think SA would be a perfect place for him.

I wouldn't be mad if you all got him. He desperately wants a ring, and would obviously stand a good chance of getting it w/ the Spurs.

:tu Fucking-A

With any luck, he opts out and signs with the Spurs. You guys would have B2B with ease. Dyess is the man. All sorts of game.

Gunner
06-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Another roughian, and flagrant foul artist that would fit right in with you guys.

Soul_Patch
06-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I traded brent and oberto for him in my 2k7 season.

DarkReign
06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Another roughian, and flagrant foul artist that would fit right in with you guys.

How did you shitstain, backwater mistakes even find this forum?

Has your team ever even played a Western conference team in the playoffs?

Man, youre going to disappear in3 games anyway, so why delay the inevitable and just GTFO now?

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I think roughian is supposed to be 'ruffian'.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 02:06 PM

:rolleyes Vareflop's soooo gonna get exposed.

And Antonio McDyess is one of the classiest guys in the league - get an education before you start talking shit.

Spurminator
06-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I like him, but he sounds pretty overdramatic... He's only 32 years old, he can still play another 5 or 6 years easy.

This reminds me of when I hear 25 year olds giving up on ever finding someone to marry...

waly.mg
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
No Way

He´s a PF, why we can sign a PF, if we want a TD Backup, sign Scola, who is better than McDyess

Pistons < Spurs
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I like him, but he sounds pretty overdramatic... He's only 32 years old, he can still play another 5 or 6 years easy.

I don't think that's very accurate. As it is now, he's fairly limited to 25 minutes a game.

bdubya
06-04-2007, 02:14 PM
If there's one Piston who totally deserves a ring, it's Dice. Nobody in the past two years has brought more heart and desire to the court. I would hate to see him leave, but I don't think we'll be aiming for a title next year, I think we'll be retooling for the long haul, so if he wants to go someplace with a better shot at a title, Dumars should grease the skids for him in any way possible.

SA would be an obvious choice and he'd be a good fit, but if that were to happen.....

....you fargin' bastitches goddamn BETTER get him a ring.

Gunner
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
The epitome of Classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcEeZKmyII

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
If there's one Piston who totally deserves a ring, it's Dice. Nobody in the past two years has brought more heart and desire to the court. I would hate to see him leave, but I don't think we'll be aiming for a title next year, I think we'll be retooling for the long haul, so if he wants to go someplace with a better shot at a title, Dumars should grease the skids for him in any way possible.

SA would be an obvious choice and he'd be a good fit, but if that were to happen.....

....you fargin' bastitches goddamn BETTER get him a ring.

+1

ChumpDumper
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
The epitome of Classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcEeZKmyIIDon't be a pussy.

RonMexico
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
3rd time in Phoenix the Charm??

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
McDyess would actually fit pretty nicely with the Spurs, assuming the Spurs could resolve their abundance of 4's and 5's heading into next season. He's an almost perfect fit if Horry decides to retire (though, of late, Rob sounds like he's wanting to do it again). He'd bring the sort of toughness and rebounding next to Duncan that the Spurs have really lacked of late. Plus, he can be an absolute witch playing side pick and rolls with a good point guard.

I somehow doubt it would happen -- and now really isn't the time for discussing next season -- but this strikes me as a pretty solid idea.

Spurminator
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't think that's very accurate. As it is now, he's fairly limited to 25 minutes a game.

Well his minutes would certainly be fewer towards the end, but I think he could get a "Kevin Willis Job" (veteran big man off the bench) with a lot of teams.

ducks
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
No Way

He´s a PF, why we can sign a PF, if we want a TD Backup, sign Scola, who is better than McDyess
scola is an unknown because he never plays in the nba
and not sure if scola and spurs would get along

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 02:39 PM
McDyess does two things better than Scola: rebound, play defense.

He also does not need to play the post.

Plus, if you sign McDyess, you can still trade away Scola's rights.

BigBeezie
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Antonio would fit really well in San Antonio. He could also replace some of the offense when Duncan is resting on the pine.

waly.mg
06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
scola is an unknown because he never plays in the nba
and not sure if scola and spurs would get along

Scola in the FIBA´s world is so far better than Oberto

He played vs Duncan, vs Jermaine, vs Big Ben and Always had great games

Darkwaters
06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I would love to have McDyess. But I don't think you bring him in unless Horry walks. What are the chances that Horry actually walks away after this season? He says he wants to stay...but winning a championship is always a nice way to go out (even if it is his 574th one).

ducks
06-04-2007, 02:50 PM

I hope scola if a spur plays extremely well
one consern is his rebounding
the other concern is spurs and his relationship

waly.mg
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, but The Spurs players are for the 07/08 season:

Horry 37 years
Bowen 36
Barry 35 (36 in December)
Finley 34
Oberto 32
Duncan and Elson 31, so why we need a 33 years old player?

ducks
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
scola is in the late 20's right

DDS4
06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Love to have him.

A frontcourt player with some midrange game and good defense is always welcome in Spurland.

itzsoweezee
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
in no imaginable universe is a 32 year old mcdyess (who's basically done) better than scola. i don't care that scola has never played in the nba, he's got talent. the idea of a scola, duncan, parker, ginobili starting lineup has me salivating. that team would be unstoppable, offensively. and let's face it, the league is trying to take defense out of the game all together.
duncan, scola, oberto, butler. that's a freaking solid frontline. and if the spurs pick up a perimeter swingman that can hit the three, how would any team stop them?

Darkwaters
06-04-2007, 03:15 PM
scola is in the late 20's right

He just turned 27 I believe.

florige
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Awww do the men pway to wuff for da babies?? :cry

Darkwaters
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I think that Elson and Barry need to be traded this offseason. They're old and essentially worthless to us at this point. If we actually bring in Scola then Butler is disposable as well...although we could just as easily keep both. Also, I think that if we win the championship then Horry might just as well retire.

What would you think of a Duncan/Oberto/Scola/McDyess/Butler frontline? Hell toss in Mahinmi there as a wildcard too if we have enough roster spots.

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I think roughian is supposed to be 'ruffian'.

Obviously another product of the Cleveland Education System.

And yeah.....I think Dice would look good in silver and black.

BeerIsGood!
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
What would you think of a Duncan/Oberto/Scola/McDyess/Butler frontline? Hell toss in Mahinmi there as a wildcard too if we have enough roster spots.

I'd call that ideal. It's not going to happen, but the only problem would be that we would no longer have a 4 (or 5) that can stretch the interior D to the 3 line like Horry can. That said, McDyess to spell Oberto and Scola to spell TD would be a vicious front line.

thousandth
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM

Oberto did guard Timmy, Jermaine, Big Ben in World Championship 2002 and Olympic Games 2004, Scola didn't guard him and had many troubles against him. But in World Chapionship 2006 he made a good job vs Howard and Brandt.

Scola in the FIBA's world is better than Oberto only on offensive. Scola isn't a good defensive player and he has problems whit the rebounds. Oberto does things better than Scola.

I think that Elson and Barry need to be traded this offseason...

I agree. I like so much Anthony.

medstudent
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Piston's pros:

how's Dice's bum knee? is it holding up aight?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
The epitome of Classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcEeZKmyII

God i cant stand pussies.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 05:53 PM
As an aside if we could replace Horry with McDyess it would be

Houshamazilli, got it. Championship!

Dude is great on the boards plays tough defense in the post and can score. He cant play heavy minutes but we dont need him to.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM

I can't believe this Cav idiot. Where did you come from moron?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2007, 05:58 PM
There has to be a reason other than money why the spurs haven't acquire Scola yet or are still thinking about it. Maybe he doesn't specifically fit the game style but I would love to have him here. Anyway, McD seems to be the kind of player the spurs like to sign so watch out that one coming our way.

dg7md
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Dice > Horry for what we can do.

Bring him in!

ABDENOUR POWER
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
McDyess would be a great fit for the Spurs, but all signs point to him staying with the Pistons next year. He's so devoted to the team that when a trade with Toronto was on the table, he said he'd rather retire than switch teams.

If Dice did somehow find his way onto the Spurs, though, you can bet I'd be cheering for them to go all the way (provided they aren't facing Detroit ;)). He's one of my favorite players in the league and deserves a ring.

Darkwaters
06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
McDyess would be a great fit for the Spurs, but all signs point to him staying with the Pistons next year. He's so devoted to the team that when a trade with Toronto was on the table, he said he'd rather retire than switch teams.

If Dice did somehow find his way onto the Spurs, though, you can bet I'd be cheering for them to go all the way (provided they aren't facing Detroit ;)). He's one of my favorite players in the league and deserves a ring.

A trade to Toronto isn't exactly a shot at a title. At least not for a few seasons at least (I do like what they're doing up there). It's not surprising that he'd want to stay in Detroit over Toronto...a championship is very plausible with them! But after this most recent season and its disappointments I can see him open to the idea of moving to a team like SA. It is likely his last shot though, and he knows it.

exstatic
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Horry 37 years
Bowen 36
Finley 34
Oberto 32
Because he's a fucking proven NBA commodity who brings two things the Spurs need, rebounding and shotblocking, neither of which is a Scola attribute.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Piston's pros:

how's Dice's bum knee? is it holding up aight?

He hasn't missed a game in about a year or so. Indications are he's staying with us though - he and Chauncey are tight, and he has said if we trade him he'd probably retire. Still, if it's a trade to a perennial championship contender like the Spurs, there's an off chance he might agree.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Horry 37 years
Bowen 36
Finley 34
Oberto 32

and Scla would be in around 26-27 next I think

which would be a BABY compared to the rest of the roster

medstudent
06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
He hasn't missed a game in about a year or so. Indications are he's staying with us though - he and Chauncey are tight, and he has said if we trade him he'd probably retire. Still, if it's a trade to a perennial championship contender like the Spurs, there's an off chance he might agree.

E20
06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
If Dice were to come here it would free Duncan in the post, because you have to respect his jump shot.

bdubya
06-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Still, if it's a trade to a perennial championship contender like the Spurs, there's an off chance he might agree.

"Tonight, I accepted that I'm never gonna win. I felt this team was the one to get us there. We had all the chances in the world and we blew it. It seems like it's over for me now." - Dice

Dice wants a ring BAD. He wants one like the sun wants to rise in the morning. If he can contribute to a contending team, there's no "off chance" about it; he'll jump at the chance, and rightly so.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
"Tonight, I accepted that I'm never gonna win. I felt this team was the one to get us there. We had all the chances in the world and we blew it. It seems like it's over for me now." - Dice

Dice wants a ring BAD. He wants one like the sun wants to rise in the morning. If he can contribute to a contending team, there's no "off chance" about it; he'll jump at the chance, and rightly so.

Yeah. If we're gonna keep Flip as coach, we're likely gonna be mediocre for a while. It wouldn't be fair to keep him if we're not gonna win..he can opt out this year, though, so we'll see.

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I like what I saw of Dice in the playoffs...he's a gamer...we'd be happy to take him next season, if he doesn't stay with the Pistons...I'm pretty sure the Spurs will win the NBA Championship and Horry will retire with 7 rings.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
PASS. He's old.

We could get someone better than him.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I like what I saw of Dice in the playoffs...he's a gamer...we'd be happy to take him next season, if he doesn't stay with the Pistons...I'm pretty sure the Spurs will win the NBA Championship and Horry will retire with 7 rings.

Oh we want him back. And from his most recent comments, he will be back in Pistons blue next season.

UV Ray
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Bad attitude and a hack artist.
:clap

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
He said he would rather retire than be traded than go to Toronto that is a far cry from him being against going anywhere. Its also a distinct possibility that the Pistons may be gutted depending on how everything works out; Billups is a FA too.

And i realize that Saunders is catching a lot of heat but look at what happened to Minny once he left. Hes not the greatest coach out tehre but he far from the worst.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
He said he would rather retire than be traded than go to Toronto that is a far cry from him being against going anywhere. Its also a distinct possibility that the Pistons may be gutted depending on how everything works out; Billups is a FA too.

And i realize that Saunders is catching a lot of heat but look at what happened to Minny once he left. Hes not the greatest coach out tehre but he far from the worst.

If that front line is blown up, we are almost certain to try to keep Dice. the likely candidates for an exit are Webber (he'll probably retire), Sheed (trade), Nazr (we'll try to trade him, for sure) and Dale Davis who will be an FA. Billups has repeatedly reiterated that he wants to stay; the ball is in Joe's court.

Flip Saunders is catching heat because we've failed two consecutive times in a nearly identical fashion - with the players blowing up at each other and the coaches. It's simple; he can't control this team.

Marcus Bryant
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Adios Elson.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
If that front line is blown up, we are almost certain to try to keep Dice. the likely candidates for an exit are Webber (he'll probably retire), Sheed (trade), Nazr (we'll try to trade him, for sure) and Dale Davis who will be an FA. Billups has repeatedly reiterated that he wants to stay; the ball is in Joe's court.

Flip Saunders is catching heat because we've failed two consecutive times in a nearly identical fashion - with the players blowing up at each other and the coaches. It's simple; he can't control this team.

Just because he couldnt control the team does not mean that any other coach would have a better shot at it. Im a big proponent of the idea that the players on a team have more effect than the coaches. it could be that you guys failed because you dont have enought alent anymore.

And why on Earth would Webber retire? Hes 34 and has a guaranteed contract. people dont just throw away money typically. Whats the Pistons cap look like with Billups, McDyess and Davis off the books but still haveing Webber, Mohammed and Wallace?

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Just because he couldnt control the team does not mean that any other coach would have a better shot at it. Im a big proponent of the idea that the players on a team have more effect than the coaches. it could be that you guys failed because you dont have enought alent anymore.

And why on Earth would Webber retire? Hes 34 and has a guaranteed contract. people dont just throw away money typically. Whats the Pistons cap look like with Billups, McDyess and Davis off the books but still haveing Webber, Mohammed and Wallace?

It's not just that. His substitution patterns are head scratching, his bench management in the playoffs are no good, and his seeming reluctance to call timeouts.. To be honest, no coach outside of another hall of famer can get this team to listen. Flip is pretty much the only one we got, we'll have to live with it for at least another year and see what happens. I don't think he's a bad coach, he just couldn't coach effectively when it mattered most.

We would be just under the salary cap, I believe. Webber is considering retirement because his knees are shot. He doesn't have any lift anymore, and he just said he's tired. It's not a lock, but I think he's considering it very seriously.

T Park
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Id do whatever it took to get McDeyss here.

I highly doubt it happens though...

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
It's not just that. His substitution patterns are head scratching, his bench management in the playoffs are no good, and his seeming reluctance to call timeouts.. To be honest, no coach outside of another hall of famer can get this team to listen. Flip is pretty much the only one we got, we'll have to live with it for at least another year and see what happens. I don't think he's a bad coach, he just couldn't coach effectively when it mattered most.

We would be just under the salary cap, I believe.

Well that would mean that you would have to use Wallace as a salary dump or hope that Webber doesnt want $10 million or whatever his contract stipulates just to retain Billups and not start eating luxury tax. I dont know about your MLE statsu or any of that but it looks like Dumars has a rough row to how before he can retain McDyess fi that is the route he decides to go.

And it doesnt make a lot of sense to get rid of Wallace and then keep everyone else. you guys would go to mediocre without his post presence and McDyess is just a bench player. A great one but hes not going to last at 35 minutes a night.

Im actually interested to see what Dumars will do hes one shrewd dude.

SenorSpur
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I understand that Dice was one of the Pistons best low post defenders. I wasn't aware his defense had progressed to that level. I always knew he could score and rebound, but his defense was an added plus. For that reason alone, he'd be a good fit here. All that and he's a class dude. Love to have him.

Screw Scola. His best value to the Spurs would be as a trade asset.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Well that would mean that you would have to use Wallace as a salary dump or hope that Webber doesnt want $10 million or whatever his contract stipulates just to retain Billups and not start eating luxury tax. I dont know about your MLE statsu or any of that but it looks like Dumars has a rough row to how before he can retain McDyess fi that is the route he decides to go.

And it doesnt make a lot of sense to get rid of Wallace and then keep everyone else. you guys would go to mediocre without his post presence and McDyess is just a bench player. A great one but hes not going to last at 35 minutes a night.

Im actually interested to see what Dumars will do hes one shrewd dude.

yeah, at this point everyone is hoping Joe can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Most people are saying Sheed will be shipped out because of game 6, and his disagreements with Flip and both Rip and Chauncey but we haven't heard anything from the front office on that. Chris, even if he doesn't retire, will likely not be back either, he doesn't like Flip, and he's a major liability to defense. McDyess has a player option which I think he'll take. We'll probably let Dale walk if we can't trade Nazr. (maybe you guys want him back? :drunk ) We have the MLE at our disposal if Dice doesn't opt out. Billups' salary range will likely be at around 12-13 million for 4-5 years.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Id do whatever it took to get McDeyss here.

I highly doubt it happens though...

We'd be happy to take Manu off your hands. :drunk

Mr. Body
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
McDyess is motivated by nothing more than a ring at this point. He's driven and desperate. A championship caliber team can always use guys like that - Finley's drive this year. It gives an added force to the locker room.

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
We'd be happy to take Manu off your hands. :drunk

Somehow, I think Ginobili is going to retire as a Spur. :smokin

mattyc
06-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Absolutely.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 11:09 PM
yeah, at this point everyone is hoping Joe can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Most people are saying Sheed will be shipped out because of game 6, and his disagreements with Flip and both Rip and Chauncey but we haven't heard anything from the front office on that. Chris, even if he doesn't retire, will likely not be back either, he doesn't like Flip, and he's a major liability to defense. McDyess has a player option which I think he'll take. We'll probably let Dale walk if we can't trade Nazr. (maybe you guys want him back? :drunk ) We have the MLE at our disposal if Dice doesn't opt out. Billups' salary range will likely be at around 12-13 million for 4-5 years.

Sounds like your hoping he picks up the player option. Otherwise it would probably be a miracle to see him return.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Sounds like your hoping he picks up the player option. Otherwise it would probably be a miracle to see him return.

Call me an optimist. He basically called out his own team for being a bunch of cocky fat cats this morning, but he included himself, saying 'we need to play with a sense of urgency' or something to that effect.

Darkwaters
06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Call me an optimist. He basically called out his own team for being a bunch of cocky fat cats this morning, but he included himself, saying 'we need to play with a sense of urgency' or something to that effect.

I think theres a good chance that he'll opt out. He knows that Detroit is on the decline and he'll probably try and offer his services to a contender for cheap (Cleveland would be a nice place for him to drop). If that happens then I think the Spurs are definitely in the running.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Dice will come to the Mavs IF he opts out. He will be needed more with us than the Spurs. We need a backup PF and Dice would fit the bill perfectly here. Plus we can use him and Dirk on the court at the same time and our interior D would be even better. Plus he can play inside! Do it Cuban! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

klx23
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
If I were a Spurs fan, I'd want a younger guy. Dice is old and is a good player off the bench, but even he admits that he's probably at the end of his career.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
If I were a Spurs fan, I'd want a younger guy. Dice is old and is a good player off the bench, but even he admits that he's probably at the end of his career.

McDyess is 32 not 35 and it really would depend on what Horry does. If Horry doesnt come back then McDyess would be the ideal candidate to take over his role.

cornbread
06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
That would be amazing if McDyess ended up on the Spurs. I've always admired his game. Plus he has the right first name and everything.

Mr. Body
06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I'd take Antonio even if Horry were still on the bench. Win now. This guy could seriously help. Plus he's only a year older than Duncan.

Bruno
06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I say Yess to McDyess.

If Detroit wants to reshape their team, trading McDyess and his expiring contract can be a solution for them.
McDyes is more tradable than their other big contracts (Sheed, Prince, Rip, Billups or Nazr)

McDyess will retire if he isn't traded to a contender, so you can imagine a three team trade between Spurs/Pistons/third team where Spurs get McDyess and send expirings to the third team.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I say Yess to McDyess.

If Detroit wants to reshape their team, trading McDyess and his expiring contract can be a solution for them.
McDyes is more tradable than their other big contracts (Sheed, Prince, Rip, Billups or Nazr)

McDyess will retire if he isn't traded to a contender, so you can imagine a three team trade between Spurs/Pistons/third team where Spurs get McDyess and send expirings to the third team.

He can opt for FA if he wants and be free to go where he chooses.

Bruno
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
He can opt for FA if he wants and be free to go where he chooses.

It's another solution but if he will get more money by picking his option.

klx23
06-05-2007, 05:06 PM
McDyess is 32 not 35 and it really would depend on what Horry does. If Horry doesnt come back then McDyess would be the ideal candidate to take over his role.

I never said he was 35.

I was merely stating my opinion. The guy obviously wants to win so if he goes to the Spurs then by all means, he should. I actually think that if there's anyone on the Pistons you all should want it's Dice because doesn't seem to show the type of self-destructing arrogance that has eaten half of the team alive. Example: Chauncey Billups.

Mr. Body
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM

In my thread-starter I suggested signing him for a two year deal at $3M per, or so. He'd recoup his player option year for a longer time but at a much better chance of going to the Finals. He made a lot of money in his career, so he may go for it.

Bruno
06-05-2007, 05:11 PM
In my thread-starter I suggested signing him for a two year deal at $3M per, or so. He'd recoup his player option year for a longer time but at a much better chance of going to the Finals. He made a lot of money in his career, so he may go for it.

Spurs can't talk to McDyess unless he doesn't pick his option.
They can't say him : "don't pick your option, we will give it to you over two years."

Mr. Body
06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Can his agent call the Spurs or other teams? It seems anti-labor for the league to refuse players a chance to check their stock.

Bruno
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Can his agent call the Spurs or other teams? It seems anti-labor for the league to refuse players a chance to check their stock.

No.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#91
item 91 (the link doesn't work well)

You can always do things under the table but it's risky (cf Joe Smith).

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM

You know how much he would make by picking up the option? i have no idea.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I never said he was 35.

I was merely stating my opinion. The guy obviously wants to win so if he goes to the Spurs then by all means, he should. I actually think that if there's anyone on the Pistons you all should want it's Dice because doesn't seem to show the type of self-destructing arrogance that has eaten half of the team alive. Example: Chauncey Billups.

No but you did say he was thinking of retiring. Hes a 32 year old effective NBA bigman. Why on Earth would he want to retire?

Bruno
06-05-2007, 05:32 PM
You know how much he would make by picking up the option? i have no idea.

$6,373,900

klx23
06-05-2007, 05:37 PM
No but you did say he was thinking of retiring. Hes a 32 year old effective NBA bigman. Why on Earth would he want to retire?

The meltdown of the Pistons has perhaps caused him to become discouraged. I came across a quote from him saying that he thinks he's near the end of his career, but I can't remember where I found it. I didn't know how old he was until you said he was 32. He looks a lot older.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 05:45 PM
$6,373,900

yeah he would stand to lose 2 to 3 mil on the open market at this point. thats a sizeable chunk to be turning down.

at the same time as he was holding Wallace back from the refs after yet another meltdown you really have to wonder what he thinks about the pistons chances at having another shot and how important it is to him.

Darkwaters
06-05-2007, 05:55 PM
The Spurs seem like exactly the team he should be on. If he could take over Horry's role then he would know that he would pretty much just be a sign and stash for the playoffs. But, he'd also know that he'd have a nice role when the playoffs came. The Spurs are a team that has been solid and competed for championships nearly every year for the past decade...never having blown up like the Pistons seem to do repeatedly. It just makes so much sense.

Mr. Body
06-05-2007, 06:14 PM
The meltdown of the Pistons has perhaps caused him to become discouraged. I came across a quote from him saying that he thinks he's near the end of his career, but I can't remember where I found it. I didn't know how old he was until you said he was 32. He looks a lot older.

Uh... the beginning of this thread?

Darkwaters
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Uh... the beginning of this thread?
:dizzy

easjer
06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
It's a one year player option, right?

So if Horry comes back, McDyess could come year after that?

I'd love to have McDyess here. I think it would be a tremendous boost, and let's face it, we are never going to replace Robert Horry. McDyess would be a great fit though.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I actually had a dream last night where McDyess was a Spur. I am not kidding, and I didn't even stumble on this thread until this mrning. I think I need professional help.