PDA

View Full Version : what should sa learn from detroit

td4mvp3
06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
they just watched the pistons tumblee, what should they take away as effective?

Avitus1
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Dont lose your cool under pressure. Contain LeBron. Defend the 3.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Dont lose your cool under pressure. Contain LeBron. Defend the 3.

except for containing lebron, i'd say we have that all in hand already. (see suns series)

-Mars

itzsoweezee
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
rotate! the pistons horrible rotations on defense were painful to watch.

oh, and if lebron is on fire, get the ball out of his fucking hands. don't play him straight up.

Avitus1
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
except for containing lebron, i'd say we have that all in hand already. (see suns series)

-Mars

To True. Phx was the best 3 point shooting team in the league and we shut em down. As far as LeBron we just got make him work for it.

WalterBenitez
06-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Never hire Flip as a head coach! :lmao

CosmicCowboy
06-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Play 48 minutes.

LeBron will get his at times. The ref has to give us the ball back after he scores.

Use the clock on offense. Get good ball rotation. Make LeBron work on defense.

When LeBron gets hot trap, make him give up the ball and play the passing lanes. Those sloppy cross court passes they were getting by with in the Detroit series should have been turnovers.

Use Tim to post early on the weak side. Z may be taller but doesn't have great footwork. Timmy up and under for the foul. Get in his head. Slash with Parker and Ginnobili off the ball when they start bringing help.

Timmy, don't put the ball on the floor when Varrejo is in the game. Go straight up and he will make the stupid foul instead of the steal.

Thats a good start. Make adjustments at halftime.

jag
06-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Dont let your best player fly off the handle(rasheed), i think we're doin ok.

Also: Tim HAS to stay out of foul trouble

Cant_Be_Faded
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
When "king james" scores 14 points in a row and no other cav is touching the ball, much less scoring, trap him and then deny him the ball.

Behrooz24
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
show up.

duncan228
06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Play Spurs basketball.

Detroit really seemed out of sync in that series. Maybe tired from minutes played all season plus playoffs?
Whatever it was, it wasn't Detroit basketball.

Spurs just need to stay focused and do what got them here.

LavaLamp
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
When "king james" scores 14 points in a row and no other cav is touching the ball, much less scoring, trap him and then deny him the ball.

Don't you want him to just keep going while leaving his teammates cold (but just make him work for it)?

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Never hire Flip as a head coach!

:tu
doesn't look like we're getting rid of him either. Mediocrity here we come...

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:11 PM
:tu
doesn't look like we're not getting rid of him either. Mediocrity here we come...

You need to get rid of Wallace as well. He quit on you guys i mean if you had come back and won game 6 he would have been suspended for game 7.

SAGambler
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Those sloppy cross court passes they were getting by with in the Detroit series should have been turnovers.

That's the same thing I noticed and mentioned a couple of days back.

Those long lazy passes are just begging to be picked off in mid air and with Tony and Manu being quick to react like they are, I suspect those kind of passes are going to be turned into "going the other way for 2".

That just stood out like a sore thumb in those games.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
You need to get rid of Wallace as well. He quit on you guys i mean if you had come back and won game 6 he would have been suspended for game 7.

oops, typo. I meant to say we're actually keeping Flip. :cry
Word is, Sheed will be the one to go this time. His teammates aren't ragging on him at all, but you could tell they had the wind sucked out of them once Sheed got tossed.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:23 PM
oops, typo. I meant to say we're actually keeping Flip. :cry
Word is, Sheed will be the one to go this time. His teammates aren't ragging on him at all, but you could tell they had the wind sucked out of them once Sheed got tossed.

He is a really good player but he is so unstable and i think the Pistons have gotten as much as they can out of him. He was a big factor in your title in 04, played real well in 05 when you almost repeated as champs but he seems to be losing it a bit and his attitude is worse than ever.

gospursgojas
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I still belive the Pistons were the better team, but they didn't play Piston basketball in the final 2 games.... Credit the Cavs for taking them out of their game.

The Spurs ARE the better team I think everyone, even the Cavs, know this, so they just have to show up every night and play Spurs basketball.

Lebron is going to score 30 a game. At least.

Bruce's job is to make those the hardest 30 he's ever put up. Every night.

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
He is a really good player but he is so unstable and i think the Pistons have gotten as much as they can out of him. He was a big factor in your title in 04, played real well in 05 when you almost repeated as champs but he seems to be losing it a bit and his attitude is worse than ever.

He doesn't like Flip very much. and he was certainly our best player in these playoffs before the last two games - carrot top aggravated the hell out of him and the refs kept calling fouls on him on those flops.
If that isn't enough, getting called for 3 fouls in the span of one minute will surely do it. I think it is time for him to go..I like him, he's a great player, and a real cool guy..but the refs are gonna be on us like white on rice after his post game presser.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:31 PM
He doesn't like Flip very much. and he was certainly our best player in these playoffs before the last two games - carrot top aggravated the hell out of him and the refs kept calling fouls on him on those flops.
If that isn't enough, getting called for 3 fouls in the span of one minute will surely do it. I think it is time for him to go..I like him, he's a great player, and a real cool guy..but the refs are gonna be on us like white on rice after his post game presser.

He really has never gotten along with any coach. He pretty much got along with Brown because of the whole UNC connection but that is about it. He is a guy who does not want to be the man and when the pressure is on if things don't go his way he seems to look for an excuse to quit.

Marcus Bryant
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Don't leave Gibson open at the arc. Also, don't let James score 3.45 X 10^348987 points in a row before doubling him.

bdubya
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
You should really make a point of scoring more points than the Cavs do. Seriously.

It'll take a lot of double-teams (or more) to control Lebron, which will leave you at risk of getting lit up by Gibson or by someone old enough to shave. But if you press them on offense and don't commit so many stupid turnovers (like 3 in a row in crunch time), you'll be alright. All series, we had a real tendency to hold the ball just long enough for the Cavs defense to rotate before we drove, shot or passed again. Keep your offense moving and it won't matter what the Young Thing comes up with at the other end.

WalterBenitez
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
What about rotation ... starters play almost every single minute for Detroit .... that IMHO is a mistake

freedom&justice
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
What about rotation ... starters play almost every single minute for Detroit .... that IMHO is a mistake

You can attribute that to the brilliant coaching of Flip Saunders. He's run our starters ragged for two years straight, and it's not like those guys are 19-21 year olds anymore. Tayshaun and Chauncey pretty much ran out of gas, and Chris disappeared midway through the playoffs.

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Let LeBron get his 40. Tim, Tony, and Manu will get their 70. Spurs in 5. 'nuff said.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 07:57 PM
What about rotation ... starters play almost every single minute for Detroit .... that IMHO is a mistake/Wear them down; wear them out; grind them into dust.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 07:58 PM
As Drob said, just keep pounding on the rock until it cracks.

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Wear them down; wear them out; grind them into dust.

Yup...and nobody, but NOBODY, does it better than the Spurs! :toast

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 08:00 PM
You should really make a point of scoring more points than the Cavs do. Seriously.

It'll take a lot of double-teams (or more) to control Lebron, which will leave you at risk of getting lit up by Gibson or by someone old enough to shave. But if you press them on offense and don't commit so many stupid turnovers (like 3 in a row in crunch time), you'll be alright. All series, we had a real tendency to hold the ball just long enough for the Cavs defense to rotate before we drove, shot or passed again. Keep your offense moving and it won't matter what the Young Thing comes up with at the other end.
Spurs scored 100 plus in more than one occasion against pretty formidable Western Conference opponents.

BreezeHillBill
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Let LeBron get his 40. Tim, Tony, and Manu will get their 70. Spurs in 5. 'nuff said.
Amen. :toast

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-04-2007, 08:07 PM
no 3, put 2-3 on Lebron