PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Comments

conversekid
06-04-2007, 05:36 PM
On the raido they were asking him about LeBron... Timmy said, "It'll take a team to beat us". He sounded a bit miffed... Do you think Tim is tired of hearing about how LeBron has the picture hanging in his locker? Everyone says the only motivation to win is it's the Finals. But I think the Spurs want to make a statement.

twentyone
06-04-2007, 05:42 PM
he's probably getting tired of them asking about LeBron every thirty seconds. I don't think he cares about the poster in the locker, he, like me has heard the name LeBron about every sports page, interview, question, write up, it just goes on and on.

I can't blame them though, if I wasn't a Spurs fan I would hate us to and root for LeBron even though I used to be a Rockets/Suns/Jazz/Laker/_allas fan.

duncan228
06-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I think Duncan sounds "miffed" about this time every year he's in the Finals.
He's just not a spotlight guy, let it start already.

This year it's Lebron, in '05 it was his ankles and Pop and Brown's (Larry) relationship, and could he (Duncan) win without Robinson.
In '03 it was bring it home for Robinson, '99 it was the lockout and his first Finals appearance.

It's always something, it's the media's job to work the angles.
And it's Duncan's job to get through it, usually with humor. But you can see he doesn't like it. He just wants to play.

And win.

ploto
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
What does he expect them to ask about?

Dex
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
You spend 10 years collecting 3 rings, 2 MVPS, 3 Finals MVPs, and 6 division titles...and on the brink of your 4th Finals appearance, people only want to ask you about some unproven kid and his 48-point game...you'd be a little miffed too.

Don't get me wrong...29/30 was incredible. But so is narrowly missing a quad-double in a Title-Clinching Finals Game 6. Who's mentioning that now?

101A
06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
... But so is narrowly missing a quad-double in a Title-Clinching Finals Game 6. Who's mentioning that now?

:wow

When did LeBron do THAT - I would have thought I would have heard about it!?

ImpartialObserver
06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
On the raido they were asking him about LeBron... Timmy said, "It'll take a team to beat us". He sounded a bit miffed... Do you think Tim is tired of hearing about how LeBron has the picture hanging in his locker? Everyone says the only motivation to win is it's the Finals. But I think the Spurs want to make a statement.
The Cavs beat the Spurs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270102005) this year with LeBron having a line like this:

19 points, 5 boards, 5 dimes, 2 picks, 3 TOs, on 7-17 shooting and 5-11 FT

A very subpar game for LeBron, yet the Cavs still beat the Spurs.

Darkwaters
06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
The Cavs beat the Spurs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270102005) this year with LeBron having a line like this:

The Spurs also got swept by Milwaukee. But I wouldn't take them in a 7 game series.

HJNTX
06-04-2007, 07:08 PM
You spend 10 years collecting 3 rings, 2 MVPS, 3 Finals MVPs, and 6 division titles...and on the brink of your 4th Finals appearance, people only want to ask you about some unproven kid and his 48-point game...you'd be a little miffed too.
Don't get me wrong...29/30 was incredible. But so is narrowly missing a quad-double in a Title-Clinching Finals Game 6. Who's mentioning that now?

I SO agree w/ you ............

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Yep, and the Spurs are obviously playing the same level of basketball as in January :tu Good call there.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Maybe i do think if the Spurs come out and whip them by 20 pts or so in game 1 the Cavs may not recover since they are so young and inexperienced. Lebron can score like a machine, if his supporting cast doesn't show up, every game will be easy for the Spurs.

E20
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM

If you think the Cleavland Lebrons can beat the San Antonio Spurs then.........................:lmao

smrattler
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I know I am tired already of the LeBron hype.

And all I hear is Cavs fans talking about geting no respect?

What the hell?

Wait, they get to cry about getting no respect? AND their boy gets the whole thing revolving around him?

Yet, our Spurs are ALWAYS overlooked every year and they've won 3 out of 3 on their trips?

And the Cavs that haven't won crap are complaining about getting no respect?

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I know I am tired already of the LeBron hype.

And all I hear is Cavs fans talking about geting no respect?

What the hell?

Wait, they get to cry about getting no respect? AND their boy gets the whole thing revolving around him?

Yet, our Spurs are ALWAYS overlooked every year and they've won 3 out of 3 on their trips?

And the Cavs that haven't won crap are complaining about getting no respect?

No respect the media will not shut up about them. They want the Cavs to win in the worst way and are basically annoyed that they know the Spurs are so much better and are probably going to win.