PDA

View Full Version : Why are Spurs fans and Players so jealous??

JonVito
06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
just wondering..sure LeBron is getting a lot of attention right now

hes the most electrifying player in the NBA, hes 22 years old, hes been labeled the "Chosen One" since he was a freshman in High School, and now hes on basketballs biggest stage....OF COURSE THAT IS GOING TO BRING ON THE HYPE

but why im so confused is because EVERY SINGLE ANALYST, EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET IS PICKING THE SPURS IN AN EASY SERIES....

so why do any of you feel disrespected....are we supposed to be force fed San Antonio Spurs hoopla all week or what?

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Fans, maybe.

Players? How are the Spurs players jealous?

JonVito
06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Fans, maybe.

Players? How are the Spurs players jealous?

did you watch sportscenter tonight....Tim Duncan was basically in tears...somewhere along the lines of "i know its going to be hard to fit us in between all of the "KING JAMES" highlights..."

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
What's up with the school system in Ohio? Most Cavs fans that post on here seem to be afflicted with the same learning disability.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
What's up with the school system in Ohio? Most Cavs fans that post on here seem to be afflicted with the same learning disability.

typical.

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
typical.

Case Closed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
did you watch sportscenter tonight....Tim Duncan was basically in tears...somewhere along the lines of "i know its going to be hard to fit us in between all of the "KING JAMES" highlights..."

In tears? No. Ready to kick Cleveland's ass? Definitely.

Why are Cavs fans so spoiled and arrogant for having won jack shit? Question.

td4mvp3
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM

hes the most electrifying player in the NBA, hes 22 years old, hes been labeled the "Chosen One" since he was a freshman in High School, and now hes on basketballs biggest stage....OF COURSE THAT IS GOING TO BRING ON THE HYPE

but why im so confused is because EVERY SINGLE ANALYST, EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET IS PICKING THE SPURS IN AN EASY SERIES....

so why do any of you feel disrespected....are we supposed to be force fed San Antonio Spurs hoopla all week or what?

read your post and you'll understand. everyone agrees that the best team is s.a., that the likely winner is s.a., that the majority of good players are with s.a. ... and they say that within tthe first five seconds of the piece or sentence of the first paragraph. the rest of the five minute story features 4.5 minutes of lebron dunking over duncan and .5 minutes of the cavs victories over a depleted wizards squad, hobbled nets (no krystic, jefferson returning from injury) and a disinterested pistons. it's like the series against the league's most dangerous squad (nugs), unstoppable force (suns) and d-minded rebound hounds (utah) was like playing and 1 at the y. and then ask yourself how often the spurs have ever had that limelight aside from the hour or so after they hoise the trophy? then they go back to being boring old duncan's team.

easjer
06-04-2007, 09:02 PM
You must not understand dry humor.

SpursFanFirst

Hm. Oh yeah. I'm sure you're not exaggerating at all :rolleyes

NorCal510
spurs fans are spoiled jackass bitches

their styles and ways piss me off

fuck spurs fans they are the worse fans a team can get

only cheering when they win n shit

fuck that

ClingingMars
LEARN TO RECOGNIZE SARCASM, DUMBASS.

/rant

The utter stupidity from the majority of the opposing fans who have posted here the past few weeks is really getting to me.

-Mars

JonVito
Case Closed.

ok so if its not a typical response for a certain "shit talker"...

please elaborate on a learning disability i might have...that you somehow conjured from reading my post?

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
In tears? No. Ready to kick Cleveland's ass? Definitely.Why are Cavs fans so spoiled and arrogant for having won jack shit? Question.

They should be thanking the Spurs for all their success! But they are to stupid to even know that they are owned by the Spurs!

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:05 PM
They should be thanking the Spurs for all their success! But they are to stupid to even know that they are owned by the Spurs!

and you must've came up with this by looking at the regular season series....

right?

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:05 PM

:lol

I saw that interview yesterday. He was joking around and being sarcastic, not in tears :lmao

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM

fuck that

Angry much? :donkey

Marcus Bryant
Man, we need some better trolls.

JonVito
read your post and you'll understand. everyone agrees that the best team is s.a., that the likely winner is s.a., that the majority of good players are with s.a. ... and they say that within tthe first five seconds of the piece or sentence of the first paragraph. the rest of the five minute story features 4.5 minutes of lebron dunking over duncan and .5 minutes of the cavs victories over a depleted wizards squad, hobbled nets (no krystic, jefferson returning from injury) and a disinterested pistons. it's like the series against the league's most dangerous squad (nugs), unstoppable force (suns) and d-minded rebound hounds (utah) was like playing and 1 at the y. and then ask yourself how often the spurs have ever had that limelight aside from the hour or so after they hoise the trophy? then they go back to being boring old duncan's team.

this is exactly what irks me about everything in the Western Conference

i heard the same stuff last year, but who won in the Finals?

Kori Ellis

fuck that

You are welcome to leave the forum. Or I can help you leave.

mikeanthony21

It's called sarcasm, Dumbass... or are you dumber than a fifth grader?

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Man, we need some better trolls.

quick! let's go and make fake cleveland fan accounts and actually come up with better arguements!

TO THE BATMOBILE!

-Mars

Spider TX
I must agree that so many of you fans are the most arrogant fans that any team in sports can have, but then it does make complete sense when that is the only game in town to root for. Of course you all are going to think they are the absolute greatest thing in sports history, you have nothing else to root for like so many of us do. Going to be a damn shame for you all when they are no longer dominant, I'm worried fo the safety in here when that day arrives.

mikeanthony21

fuck that

Ever felt a boot crammed up your ass? If not, then fucking leave this board.

King

fuck that

Dude...all they do is win.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
By the way, that is not an insult to you all, as most of you are great fans of "your" team and teams need fans like that, just pointing it out.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
im not a spurs-hater, im not on here to troll your board, i got on here to have some good arguments (sure) and see exactly what you guys thought of our team...but i saw the clip on sportscenter tonight and i read a lot of jealous posts on the Cavs and LeBron getting attention....

just didnt make much sense to me...i personally wouldnt give a shit if everyone in the world was picking my team to win

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
and you must've came up with this by looking at the regular season series....right?

Typical Cavs fan. Jacking off to 2 regular season wins vs the Spurs that came before the All - Star break! LMFAO ! Hilarious!!!! Bonner averaged 24 minutes in those 2 games and Beno averaged 14 minutes! Things are very different now !!!!!

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I must agree that so many of you fans are the most arrogant fans that any team in sports can have, but then it does make complete sense when that is the only game in town to root for. Of course you all are going to think they are the absolute greatest thing in sports history, you have nothing else to root for like so many of us do. Going to be a damn shame for you all when they are no longer dominant, I'm worried fo the safety in here when that day arrives.

we have the luck of the irish...2 #1 picks with 10-12 years...another one will come, and we'll just pick up another HOF.

-Mars

mikeanthony21

Oh, and Phoenix is a bastion of culture? Besides heat, scorpions, and cactus... what does Phoenix have to offer?

SpursFanFirst

Well, you ARE in the Spurs forum...maybe you should stick to the Suns forum so that everyone is in agreement with you.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
im not a spurs-hater, im not on here to troll your board, i got on here to have some good arguments (sure) and see exactly what you guys thought of our team...but i saw the clip on sportscenter tonight and i read a lot of jealous posts on the Cavs and LeBron getting attention....

just didnt make much sense to me...i personally wouldnt give a shit if everyone in the world was picking my team to win

Your main fault lies in the fact that you do seem to understand that the Spurs like to be sarcastic, just like myself. Duncan's comment was pure sarcasm.

-Mars

JonVito
Typical Cavs fan. Jacking off to 2 regular season wins vs the Spurs that came before the All - Star break! LMFAO ! Hilarious!!!! Bonner averaged 24 minutes in those 2 games and Beno averaged 14 minutes! Things are very different now !!!!!

actually im not jacking off to anything...i know the regular season means nothing

you made the bold statement that the Spurs "Own" the Cavs....since they havent played a game in the finals yet, i figured you must've came up with that assumption by looking at the Reg. Season series???

Spider TX
Oh, and Phoenix is a bastion of culture? Besides heat, scorpions, and cactus... what does Phoenix have to offer?

Well for starters, how about every major sport, along with the non major ones, 2 nascar stops, PGA stop, and a major college, so of course fans will not stick on one team as much.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Your main fault lies in the fact that you do seem to understand that the Spurs like to be sarcastic, just like myself. Duncan's comment was pure sarcasm.

-Mars

thats how i initially took it, then i got on here and read things and it seems like you all feel the media owes you something

when the media is already giving you everything

Louie Vega
I must agree that so many of you fans are the most arrogant fans that any team in sports can have, but then blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah but then blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah !

Uh oh! Suns fans still looking for that truck that hit 'em! Alot of people in the Arizona area suffering from Steve Nash syndrome!

Spider TX
Well, you ARE in the Spurs forum...maybe you should stick to the Suns forum so that everyone is in agreement with you.

I come here because the threads and arguments/debates are a lot better. Unfortunately here and there I come across one of the incredibly arrogant fans who think the Spurs are the absolute greatest team in any sport ever.

ClingingMars
Well for starters, how about every major sport, along with the non major ones, 2 nascar stops, PGA stop, and a major college, so of course fans will not stick on one team as much.

A major college? Ha. Nice try, but Arizona is NOT a so called 'major' college, despite being in a major conference.

(also, UVA pwns Arizona in bball)

-Mars

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM

I guess I don't see your point...many Spurs fans don't live in San Antonio, and actually live in cities where other sports are available...we have other options, but choose to support the Spurs. It's what fans do.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Uh oh! Suns fans still looking for that truck that hit 'em! Alot of people in the Arizona area suffering from Steve Nash syndrome!

Thank you for making my point, along with showing the Cleveland fan he is also right. You are a key example.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I come here because the threads and arguments/debates are a lot better. Unfortunately here and there I come across one of the incredibly arrogant fans who think the Spurs are the absolute greatest team in any sport ever.

Well, if they keep up their performance for a few more years, they just might be the greatest team in any sport ever.

-Mars

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
A major college? Ha. Nice try, but Arizona is NOT a so called 'major' college, despite being in a major conference.

(also, UVA pwns Arizona in bball)

-Mars

You moron, Arizona State is in every way a major college, Arizona is not in Phoenix. Nice try. Even then, UofA is a major college, but not nearly what ASU is.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, if they keep up their performance for a few more years, they just might be the greatest team in any sport ever.

-Mars

They will have to do it for the next 6 or 7 years straight to be considered, and still won't be very close.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I guess I don't see your point...many Spurs fans don't live in San Antonio, and actually live in cities where other sports are available...we have other options, but choose to support the Spurs. It's what fans do.

The vast majority on this board live in San Antonio I'm sure.

ClingingMars

I'm an example. I live in Norfolk, Virginia, where most people around here support the Wizards. With the exception of the Mets due to their farm team being located here, I've been raised supporting Texas teams (Cowboys, Spurs)

-Mars

Louie Vega
actually im not jacking off to anything...i know the regular season means nothing

you made the bold statement that the Spurs "Own" the Cavs....since they havent played a game in the finals yet, i figured you must've came up with that assumption by looking at the Reg. Season series???

Why do I even bother arguing with a lightweight? What I mean is thanks to the Spurs you have Mike Brown and a Championship winner in Danny Ferry! Ferry had to leave your Cavs to win a title . And guess where he won that title ? You guessed it ! San Antonio! Get a clue genius! We own you !

ClingingMars
They will have to do it for the next 6 or 7 years straight to be considered, and still won't be very close.

It is unlikey, but if Duncan plays into his 40s, it IS possible.

-Mars

JonVito
ok i did not start this thread to be a troll cesspool...but damn it sure has become one

MrChug
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Troll doesn't even have a sense of humor...or know what Tim's is. In his dry deadpan style he said that. I saw the clip.

ClingingMars
Why do I even bother arguing with a lightweight? What I mean is thanks to the Spurs you have Mike Brown and a Championship winner in Danny Ferry! Ferry had to leave your Cavs to win a title . And guess where he won that title ? You guessed it ! San Antonio! Get a clue genius! We own you !

i nominate this post for ownage of the night.

-Mars

CubanMustGo

I live in Dallas, fool.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Im not really worried about it we are going to kick some ass for the next two and a half weeks and cement our position as the most dominant team for the first decade of the new millenium.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM

wow, i cannot believe you made a comment to me about anything to do with education...

i cant even argue with you anymore

im just going to leave it at that

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM
It is unlikey, but if Duncan plays into his 40s, it IS possible.

-Mars

My point is some fans(very few), but some think this franchise can compare to a franchise like the Yankees, or Celtics or Lakers, ones that have been doing it for many many decades, and have won a ton more titles, not a franchise who has been doing it for less than 10 years.

Louie Vega
Thank you for making my point, along with showing the Cleveland fan he is also right. You are a key example.

Aww poor baby. I'm sorry for picking on you. Are you ok? People on this board should leave Spider TX alone cause you might hurt her little feelings.

ClingingMars
wow, i cannot believe you made a comment to me about anything to do with education...

EDUCATION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT HE WROTE? HE WAS TALKING ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS, NOT EDUCATION!

Why oh why oh why do we attract such STUPID people to these boards.

-Mars

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I live in Dallas, fool.

That's fine, but go back and read the SECOND word of that sentence by me.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Aww poor baby. I'm sorry for picking on you. Are you ok? People on this board should leave Spider TX alone cause you might hurt her little feelings.

You did nothing to me, I don't care, just pointing out that you are one of the complete arrogant fools who refuses to listen to anyone who doesn't think the Spurs rule all.

Kori Ellis

Way less than half of the posters here live in San Antonio.

ClingingMars
My point is some fans(very few), but some think this franchise can compare to a franchise like the Yankees, or Celtics or Lakers, ones that have been doing it for many many decades, and have won a ton more titles, not a franchise who has been doing it for less than 10 years.

Over the years I think the Spurs organization has laid the groundwork for a good run of being the dominant team in the NBA.

-Mars

Louie Vega

Sounds like you are recycling my posts now! Can you be more original please.

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Actually, a poll was taken here a while ago, and there are more fans outside of SA than you'd imagine. I, for one, don't live in SA...and my city has plenty to offer for sports.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:25 PM
...blahblah.

You shouldn't be such an arrogant ass - it was not that long ago relatively speaking that Phoenix only had the Suns (and minor league hockey and minor league baseball). I grew up there and it's a very similar town to San Antonio.

City smack is about as weak as it gets.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Over the years I think the Spurs organization has laid the groundwork for a good run of being the dominant team in the NBA.

-Mars

I will give them 3rd on that list, going back to the thread from yesterday about greatest NBA franchises, but cannot compare to the top 2. They are great, and have done some amazing things in the last 10 years, but there are still the people on here who just think this will be a 4 games series, and there is no way in hell the SPurs can lose, and that is far to arrogant.

JonVito
i nominate this post for ownage of the night.

-Mars

LMAO, ownage of the night

you guys are ridiculous with this "ownage" shit

his post makes no sense...the Spurs own the Cavs because Danny Ferry left the Cavs umpteen years ago and won a championship with the Spurs...and Mike Brown used to be the video guy for the Spurs, so that qualifies as owning??? i believe Mike Brown went on to Indiana after San Antonio, so did you guys own them for that short period of time as well

man i have to get up on this stuff, whenever my teams coaches or players go to a different team that means we OWN THEM!!! YEA!

if you want to see some ownage, look no further... http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0GiPPR_pG8

Louie Vega
You did nothing to me, I don't care, just pointing out that you are one of the complete arrogant fools who refuses to listen to anyone who doesn't think the Spurs rule all.

Well I certainly don't want to sit here, in a Spurs forum mind you, and listen to all your negative comments regarding the Spurs! When you come into a SPURS FORUM and make little irritating comments about the SPURS what do you think is going to happen? What gives you the right to shit on us when we are feeling good about our team? Why even come in here?

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:27 PM
You shouldn't be such an arrogant ass - it was not that long ago relatively speaking that Phoenix only had the Suns (and minor league hockey and minor league baseball). I grew up there and it's a very similar town to San Antonio.

You are trying to compare the way it was 20 years ago to today, so try again. San Antonio has basketball, that IS IT, not even a college worth rooting for.

easjer
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM

The Spurs franchise has not been in existence as long as those you mentioned. So it's ridiculous to name them.

The Spurs have one of the highest winning percentages of ANY professional sport. That says something. Our superstar is already well established in nearly every major category (look around for FWD's Notes on Tim Duncan post) with fewer playoff appearances. Our coach has the 4th highest number of wins in the playoffs. We have multiple all-stars and a player who has won at every level, including the Olympics.

What, exactly, is your point? If you don't like takes slanted towards one team, stay off a forum devoted to it.

JonVito
EDUCATION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT HE WROTE? HE WAS TALKING ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS, NOT EDUCATION!

Why oh why oh why do we attract such STUPID people to these boards.

-Mars

dude, go to the very beginning of the thread and read his first post

please man, know what the hell you are talking about before you speak

saporvida

wheres your team at right now? yeah spurs are the greatest!

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Well I certainly don't want to sit here, in a Spurs forum mind you, and listen to all your negative comments regarding the Spurs! When you come into a SPURS FORUM and make little irritating comments about the SPURS what do you think is going to happen? What gives you the right to shit on us when we are feeling good about our team? Why even come in here?

Where did I make any negative remak about the Spurs? Try reading some posts from other fans then reply. You just show that you reply negatively to anything and everything we say because we said something, but you have no cluse what it was.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
You are trying to compare the way it was 20 years ago to today, so try again. San Antonio has basketball, that IS IT, not even a college worth rooting for.

I'm not trying to compare it to San Antonio at all. There's no comparison in the terms of numbers of sports teams.

I'm saying you shouldn't be so arrogant. Phoenix was in the same boat as San Antonio not that long ago.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
if you want to see some ownage, look no further... http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0GiPPR_pG8

what part of the-spurs-turn-on-their-game-in-the-playoffs do you NOT UNDERSTAND????????

-Mars

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
The Spurs franchise has not been in existence as long as those you mentioned. So it's ridiculous to name them.

The Spurs have one of the highest winning percentages of ANY professional sport. That says something. Our superstar is already well established in nearly every major category (look around for FWD's Notes on Tim Duncan post) with fewer playoff appearances. Our coach has the 4th highest number of wins in the playoffs. We have multiple all-stars and a player who has won at every level, including the Olympics.

What, exactly, is your point? If you don't like takes slanted towards one team, stay off a forum devoted to it.

I never said I don't like it, just making a point to one of the other fans, perhaps I should have quoted was I was referring to to save a lot of this grief.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
dude, go to the very beginning of the thread and read his first post

please man, know what the hell you are talking about before you speak

YOU DON'T QUOTE A POST FROM A GUY AND THEN TALK ABOUT WHAT HE SAID EARLIER! YOU QUOTE WHAT HE SAID EARLIER! FORUMS 101.

-Mars

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
what part of the-spurs-turn-on-their-game-in-the-playoffs do you NOT UNDERSTAND????????

-Mars

i never said they didnt

i never said this play is why the Cavs are winning it all

you guys wanted to keep talking about "ownage"...so i thought id show you something that will go down in history as one of the greatest "OWNAGES" of ALL TIME!!!

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Where did I make any negative remak about the Spurs? Try reading some posts from other fans then reply. You just show that you reply negatively to anything and everything we say because we said something, but you have no cluse what it was.

Yeah, you're right! Why in the hell am I arguing with a Suns fan? That's yesterday's news! It's time to move on ! Bring on the Cavs! Here's to the Suns season :toast !

JonVito
YOU DON'T QUOTE A POST FROM A GUY AND THEN TALK ABOUT WHAT HE SAID EARLIER! YOU QUOTE WHAT HE SAID EARLIER! FORUMS 101.

-Mars

I AM SORRY FORUM JESUS

CAN I NOW HAVE THE FORUM COMMANDMENTS, OH HOLY ONE...

Spider TX
I'm not trying to compare it to San Antonio at all. There's no comparison in the terms of numbers of sports teams.

I'm saying you shouldn't be so arrogant. Phoenix was in the same boat as San Antonio not that long ago.

Phoenix was closer yes, but since the 50's, never in that same boat. I was making a point for now though and a lot of the fans of opposing teams that come on here. Many times in those cases, many you fans of the Spurs will be much more knowledgable of your team and will dislike the opposing fans comments because many dont know so much about their team, but they know how to use a computer and want to argue. When there are many other teams in cities like Phoenix, or Cleveland for instance, that will be the case many times.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Phoenix was closer yes, but since the 50's, never in that same boat. .

50's?

In the 80's, they still only had the Suns and the Phoenix Giants.
Same as San Antonio with the Spurs and the Missions.

Anyway, your point was silly anyhow. The majority of the Spurs fans that post here don't even live in San Antonio.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, you're right! Why in the hell am I arguing with a Suns fan? That's yesterday's news! It's time to move on ! Bring on the Cavs! Here's to the Suns season :toast !

Hey, I have no argument for the Suns this year. They lost a close game 1, and folded away a shorthanded game 5 where they still had a big lead, so they found a way to lead without Amare, and couldnt hold it. Am I a little bent out of shape by the way things unfolded, suspensions and all? Sure, but the Suns ultimately lost it themselves and didn't step up, so in no way am I trying to argue for the Suns case here.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:37 PM
50's?

In the 80's, they still only had the Suns and the Phoenix Giants.
Same as San Antonio with the Spurs and the Missions.

A major college is a big factor in a city, and if you say you lived there, you should know that. Unfortunately, San Antonio does not have something like that, and I now live in Dallas, where we don't up here either, and it is a big void.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:37 PM
no response??

didnt think so

in your own words....OWNED

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
A major college is a big factor in a city, and if you say you lived there, you should know that. Unfortunately, San Antonio does not have something like that, and I now live in Dallas, where we don't up here either, and it is a big void.

High school football in Texas > ASU sports

So, that's why it's hard to feel the difference in regards to that.

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I AM SORRY FORUM JESUS

1. THOU SHALT NOT BE A DUMBASS

2. THOU SHALT NOT GO INTO AN OPPOSING TEAMS FORUM AND BASH THEIR TEAM AND EXPECT NOT TO BE FLAMED

3. THOU SHALT NOT TRIPLE POST

4. THOU SHALT NOT QUOTE A POST AND THEN TALK ABOUT ANOTHER POST

5. THOU SHALT NOT BE A TROLL

6. THOU SHALT BE A SPURS FAN

7. THOU SHALT BOW TO ME.

8. THOU SHALT VISIT YTMND 10 TIMES A DAY

9. THOU SHALT NOT IGNORE SARCASM

10. THOU SHALT FOLLOW SAID RULES

lol, made that up off the top of my head.

-Mars

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
no response??

didnt think so

in your own words....OWNED

Just curious (and I'm not talking crap)... Are all the Cavs fans who post on message boards really young or you guys just don't use capital letters when you type?

cornbread
Sounds like a breeding ground for flip-flopping bandwaggoners.

E20
Why are Spurs fans and Players so jealous??
Because your Mom hasn't sucked Spurs fans and Spurs players dick yet.

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey, I have no argument for the Suns this year. They lost a close game 1, and folded away a shorthanded game 5 where they still had a big lead, so they found a way to lead without Amare, and couldnt hold it. Am I a little bent out of shape by the way things unfolded, suspensions and all? Sure, but the Suns ultimately lost it themselves and didn't step up, so in no way am I trying to argue for the Suns case here.

Why does every Suns fan I speak to have to end our conversation with this? Just let it go! Onward and upward!

Spider TX
High school football in Texas > ASU sports

So, that's why it's hard to feel the difference in regards to that.

Some of the high school football is big, yes I'll agree, but it still does not quite compare to teams that play on a national stage in many fans eyes. Even fans of Texas high school football will agree with that. Watching ASU football being 5 seconds away from a national title will outweigh watching a state high school football championship anyday.

SpursFanFirst
Here's what I find irritating, and it's not about jealousy as someone put it earlier...

I come on this site because I love the Spurs and I want to be surrounded by other Spurs' fans...I want to talk/read Spurs basketball.
And, I think it's great that some fans of other teams have found this board because it makes it more enjoyable to hear other viewpoints.

What ISN'T enjoyable is logging in, to the Spurs page, only to find every other thread devoted to LeBron James.
If I want to read about James, I can go to the NBA forum, ESPN.com, SI.com, etc.

ClingingMars
*and with that post, ClingingMars does a dive for the exit door to this thread*

-Mars

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
1. THOU SHALT NOT BE A DUMBASS

2. THOU SHALT NOT GO INTO AN OPPOSING TEAMS FORUM AND BASH THEIR TEAM AND EXPECT NOT TO BE FLAMED

3. THOU SHALT NOT TRIPLE POST

4. THOU SHALT NOT QUOTE A POST AND THEN TALK ABOUT ANOTHER POST

5. THOU SHALT NOT BE A TROLL

6. THOU SHALT BE A SPURS FAN

7. THOU SHALT BOW TO ME.

8. THOU SHALT VISIT YTMND 10 TIMES A DAY

9. THOU SHALT NOT IGNORE SARCASM

10. THOU SHALT FOLLOW SAID RULES

lol, made that up off the top of my head.

-Mars

congrats....you know look like a retard

and i own you

because you did what i told you to do

Louie Vega
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Just curious (and I'm not talking crap)... Are all the Cavs fans who post on message boards really young or you guys just don't use capital letters when you type?

Yeah, I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Sounds like a breeding ground for flip-flopping bandwaggoners.

Oh you are very correct there. Unfortunately, with only 1 major title amongst the major sports, many remain fans of their former cities until one teams starts to win many games, like the DBacks did and now with the Suns being around the top every year.

Louie Vega
Here's what I find irritating, and it's not about jealousy as someone put it earlier...

I come on this site because I love the Spurs and I want to be surrounded by other Spurs' fans...I want to talk/read Spurs basketball.
And, I think it's great that some fans of other teams have found this board because it makes it more enjoyable to hear other viewpoints.

What ISN'T enjoyable is logging in, to the Spurs page, only to find every other thread devoted to LeBron James.
If I want to read about James, I can go to the NBA forum, ESPN.com, SI.com, etc.

+1

Kori Ellis
Yeah, I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

:lol It's so odd; I've never seen so many threads/posts without capitalization until the Cavs fans arrived. I'm not even talking smack. It's just weird to me.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM

While I agree with you on this, there have been enough threads like this or about Kobe or whatnot started by Spurs fans themselves.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
i never said they didnt

i never said this play is why the Cavs are winning it all

you guys wanted to keep talking about "ownage"...so i thought id show you something that will go down in history as one of the greatest "OWNAGES" of ALL TIME!!!

LOL no it won't that is not anywhere close to the level of Jordan over Ewing at the Garden. Ewing actually stepped up and tried to block it, Tim just stood there with his arms straight up in the air, he did not try to block the shot he was trying to draw the charge.

Spider TX
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
:lol It's so odd; I've never seen so many thread started without capitalization until the Cavs fans arrived. I'm not even talking smack. It's just weird to me.

Well it is better than the people who type every single word with a capital first letter. Maybe Cleveland started that as well.

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 09:45 PM
While I agree with you on this, there have been enough threads like this or about Kobe or whatnot started by Spurs fans themselves.

I don't care who starts them...they're annoying.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:45 PM

just a quicker way to write i guess??

i didnt know you need to use caps to make a post more readable

nor did i think i was being graded for my grammar

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
LOL no it won't that is not anywhere close to the level of Jordan over Ewing at the Garden. Ewing actually stepped up and tried to block it, Tim just stood there with his arms straight up in the air, he did not try to block the shot he was trying to draw the charge.

that dunk will be on the LBJ highlight reel for the rest of his career

it was an amazing dunk

just admit it

UV Ray

TRAITOR!

Kori Ellis
Lack of capitalization and/or punctuation does make posts less readable. But I wasn't grading you - I was just asking because it's so common with Cavs fans.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Lack of capitalization and/or punctuation does make posts less readable. But I wasn't grading you - I was just asking because it's so common with Cavs fans.

i dont know about generalizing it down to Cavs fans....i post mainly on the ESPN message boards and about 90% of the posters type w/o caps

Kori Ellis
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
i dont know about generalizing it down to Cavs fans....i post mainly on the ESPN message boards and about 90% of the posters type w/o caps

I think that's because the average there is very young and they don't quite know how to type yet ;)

cornbread
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh you are very correct there. Unfortunately, with only 1 major title amongst the major sports, many remain fans of their former cities until one teams starts to win many games, like the DBacks did and now with the Suns being around the top every year.
I imagine it could be the similar around here if we had more teams. We're a one horse town so most people are pretty passionate. Many SAers also have loyalties to the Cowboys/Texans, Astros/Rangers, and a major university but the majority of passion seems to be reserved for the hometown team.

TampaDude
06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Winning is never boring! :toast

exstatic
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
That would explain a LOT.

Any Spurs fan you may have seen complain is probably a newbie. Most of the fans who have followed the team during the Duncan era know the score, and have come to enjoy flying under the radar and knocking off the NBA prefered and publicized teams.

marini martini
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Well said :toast

GSH
06-04-2007, 10:00 PM

fuck that

Is that a haiku?

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I think that's because the average there is very young and they don't quite know how to type yet ;)

probably...

im 21, maybe it is just a younger generation thing

actually i assume it stems from the AOL Instant Messenger phenomena...i grew up on that thing

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I'll take a stab at the original question and avoid all of the dropping dicks about which City is better than another.

I think one reason that Cavs fans might sense "jealousy" is frustration among Spurs fans that this team has already won 3 titles and has been a routine championship contender for the last decade, participating in several of the league's best playoff series during that time. For that effort, the Spurs are roundly decried as boring and largely ignored, despite having (IMO) the dominant player of this era.

Now the Spurs reach the Finals and play against a group that hasn't done anything worthy of note until this season since the early 1990's. As the teams prepare to meet in the Finals, there's no interest in trying to debunk the "Spurs are boring" myth or in examining just what has put the Spurs on the verge of seizing the title of Team of the Decade for their own. Instead, we get wall-to-wall coverage and fawning over a 22-year old. That 22-year old is undoubtedly a wunderkind and will likely conclude his career as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. But his resume pales in comparison to Duncan's resume at the same juncture of their careers. Despite that, Duncan never, ever gained the sort of widespread acclaim and media worship that inures to Lebron.

For some Spurs fans, that disconnect can be quite frustrating. I frankly don't think the Spurs themselves give a damn.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Is that a haiku?

lmao

could be

MrChug
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
ok i did not start this thread to be a troll cesspool...but damn it sure has become one

Ever heard of the phrase: "The Bigger They Come, the Harder They Fall" troll?

The more hype a team or an individual gets the failure becomes that much more monumental and embarassing when it happens. That monkey on the back gets bigger, smellier, and hairier.

Conversely-when teams are disrespected, fly under the radar, and gets no love, the accomplishment becomese that much sweeter.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
that dunk will be on the LBJ highlight reel for the rest of his career

it was an amazing dunk

just admit it

It was a great dunk but he did not own Duncan. How do you own someone who is making no attempt to block your shot. Look at it again he was trying to draw the charge, it's that simple.

duncan228
06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I'll take a stab at the original question and avoid all of the dropping dicks about which City is better than another.

I think one reason that Cavs fans might sense "jealousy" is frustration among Spurs fans that this team has already won 3 titles and has been a routine championship contender for the last decade, participating in several of the league's best playoff series during that time. For that effort, the Spurs are roundly decried as boring and largely ignored, despite having (IMO) the dominant player of this era.

Now the Spurs reach the Finals and play against a group that hasn't done anything worthy of note until this season since the early 1990's. As the teams prepare to meet in the Finals, there's no interest in trying to debunk the "Spurs are boring" myth or in examining just what has put the Spurs on the verge of seizing the title of Team of the Decade for their own. Instead, we get wall-to-wall coverage and fawning over a 22-year old. That 22-year old is undoubtedly a wunderkind and will likely conclude his career as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. But his resume pales in comparison to Duncan's resume at the same juncture of their careers. Despite that, Duncan never, ever gained the sort of widespread acclaim and media worship that inures to Lebron.

For some Spurs fans, that disconnect can be quite frustrating. I frankly don't think the Spurs themselves give a damn.

Once again, thank you FWD.

ducks
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
WRONG

ShoogarBear
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Is this thread supposed to an example of the coordinated attacks that Suns and Cavs fans are coming up with on the Cavs boards?

:sleep

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
It was a great dunk but he did not own Duncan. How do you own someone who is making no attempt to block your shot. Look at it again he was trying to draw the charge, it's that simple.

I think the focus on that play is interesting. In the first place, it's not as if Lebron beat Timmy off the dribble and then threw down on him. I was watching that night from that end of the building and it seemed pretty clear to me that Tim slid over thinking that he might have a play, realized that if he went up to try to deny the dunk, he was likely going to draw a foul and might still give up the score and, instead of giving up a 3 point play, stood still hoping not to be called for a block. It's a fantastically athletic play by Lebron, but saying that he dunked on Duncan seems silly -- Duncan was in the picture, but obviously wasn't doing a damned thing to try to stop the dunk.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM

I understand what you are saying...being from Ohio though and being an avid sports fan, i see the Spurs as being one of the most respected franchises in all of sports

why they are considered "boring" is not hard to figure out...their best player, Tim Duncan, is nicknamed, "the big fundamental"...hes not flashy, just gets the job done...in fact the whole team plays that way

you watch a Cavs game and you are bound to see some of the most athletic and jaw dropping plays around...and the media can sell that kind of stuff, not so much with bank shots and layups

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
the fact he jumped over a 7-footer with his hands as high as he could get them...slammed the ball threw the net and on to Timmys face and damn near knocked the big guy down...makes it legendary

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
It's a fantastically athletic play by Lebron, but saying that he dunked on Duncan seems silly -- Duncan was in the picture, but obviously wasn't doing a damned thing to try to stop the dunk.

I agree you want to see someone getting owned check this out, now this is legendary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDdT1oBcXA

michaelwcho
06-04-2007, 10:19 PM
He said "nascar"...heh heh...

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I understand what you are saying...being from Ohio though and being an avid sports fan, i see the Spurs as being one of the most respected franchises in all of sports

why they are considered "boring" is not hard to figure out...their best player, Tim Duncan, is nicknamed, "the big fundamental"...hes not flashy, just gets the job done...in fact the whole team plays that way

you watch a Cavs game and you are bound to see some of the most athletic and jaw dropping plays around...and the media can sell that kind of stuff, not so much with bank shots and layups

But you can see some of the most athletic and jaw dropping plays around if you watch Manu Ginobili enough, too. The media doesn't have any real interest, seemingly, in selling that kind of stuff.

You might perceive the Spurs as one of the most respected franchises in all of sports, but being on the receiving end of such adulation it can sometimes seem begrudging -- it's as if the media offers the Spurs respect only because the Spurs continually command it with their play. At some point, you'd think the Spurs excellence would be worthy of the story -- even without flashy personalities or bigger than life nicknames. Instead, our team is frequently made to be the sideshow to an opponent that brings a flashier game, better nicknames, more athletic play, or any number of other things that the Spurs aren't. I can understand why, for some, the repeated media lament about the Spurs' continued successes would get very old.

I find the entire media phenomenon to be an increasingly self-fulfilling prophecy. I think that if the media decided that it wanted to hype the Spurs, it could effectively do so -- what, for example, makes the Patriots a more exciting football team than the Spurs are as a basketball team? I'm more and more convinced that if these Spurs played in LA or New York, that the media would think they were the greatest thing ever. Instead, they play in San Antonio, mind their own business and export excellence. For that, they become second fiddle in the media to a 22-year-old.

It's interesting to watch. I can see why some would be frustrated.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM

Cavs are boring as hell. Besides all the hype that Lebron get there isn't anything exciting or spectacular about Cleveland's play.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Cavs are boring as hell. Besides all the hype that Lebron get there isn't anything exciting or spectacular about Cleveland's play.

if you watched Game 5 and thought i was boring...there is no hope for you

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure that, beyond Lebron, there's anything to suggest that the Cavs are more "exciting" than the Spurs are on any given night. Lebron is huge for them in the excitement category, but what is there really beyond that? Sideshow Bob? Ilgauskas lumbers up and down the floor and certainly doesn't play above the rim. Pavlovic can make some things happen offensively, but I don't know that most fans outside of Cleveland could identify him as an NBA player. Larry Hughes has a past filled with promise, but a career of significant injuries and underperformance. The most exciting thing about Drew Gooden on many nights is his "haircut." Donyell Marshall is a standstill 3 point shooter. Daniel Gibson has only recently burst out, and mostly by draining uncontested 3's.

I'm not sure that any of those other guys are "more exciting" than Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker are.

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:28 PM
But you can see some of the most athletic and jaw dropping plays around if you watch Manu Ginobili enough, too. The media doesn't have any real interest, seemingly, in selling that kind of stuff.

You might perceive the Spurs as one of the most respected franchises in all of sports, but being on the receiving end of such adulation it can sometimes seem begrudging -- it's as if the media offers the Spurs respect only because the Spurs continually command it with their play. At some point, you'd think the Spurs excellence would be worthy of the story -- even without flashy personalities or bigger than life nicknames. Instead, our team is frequently made to be the sideshow to an opponent that brings a flashier game, better nicknames, more athletic play, or any number of other things that the Spurs aren't. I can understand why, for some, the repeated media lament about the Spurs' continued successes would get very old.

I find the entire media phenomenon to be an increasingly self-fulfilling prophecy. I think that if the media decided that it wanted to hype the Spurs, it could effectively do so -- what, for example, makes the Patriots a more exciting football team than the Spurs are as a basketball team? I'm more and more convinced that if these Spurs played in LA or New York, that the media would think they were the greatest thing ever. Instead, they play in San Antonio, mind their own business and export excellence. For that, they become second fiddle in the media to a 22-year-old.

Ginobili is a hard sale...hes a good player, but hes not on the level of a LeBron, Wade, Kobe, TMac etc. when it comes to flashiness and exciting plays

i agree, the Spurs may be getting a little overshadowed by the LeBron factor right now and its a bigger story than the fact the Spurs are back in the finals AGAIN...but shouldnt it be? this kid just led a team full of "Nobodys" to the finals, on a team that had NEVER been to the Finals before...Spurs fans should be ok with taking a backseat to a story like that, especially when everyone is still picking them to win anyway

ducks
06-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure that, beyond Lebron, there's anything to suggest that the Cavs are more "exciting" than the Spurs are on any given night. Lebron is huge for them in the excitement category, but what is there really beyond that? Sideshow Bob? Ilgauskas lumbers up and down the floor and certainly doesn't play above the rim. Pavlovic can make some things happen offensively, but I don't know that most fans outside of Cleveland could identify him as an NBA player. Larry Hughes has a past filled with promise, but a career of significant injuries and underperformance. The most exciting thing about Drew Gooden on many nights is his "haircut." Donyell Marshall is a standstill 3 point shooter. Daniel Gibson has only recently burst out, and mostly by draining uncontested 3's.

I'm not sure that any of those other guys are "more exciting" than Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker are.

maybe they are in bed who knows

James is exciting
he can dunk :clap :clap :clap :clap

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
ok WATCH SPORTSCENTER RIGHT NOW!!

ClingingMars
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
WRONG

http://lexdisagrees.ytmnd.com/

-Mars

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
sorry if you think im wrong here...but LeBron James highlight reel is better then the entire Spurs highlight reel combined

its just the way it is, hes a sumpreme talent, "the future" of the NBA and hes going to garner some attention

Borosai
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
The new Nike campaign after the Cavs lose...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/6945/stwitnessppka1.jpg

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Ginobili is a hard sale...hes a good player, but hes not on the level of a LeBron, Wade, Kobe, TMac etc. when it comes to flashiness and exciting plays

i agree, the Spurs may be getting a little overshadowed by the LeBron factor right now and its a bigger story than the fact the Spurs are back in the finals AGAIN...but shouldnt it be? this kid just led a team full of "Nobodys" to the finals, on a team that had NEVER been to the Finals before...Spurs fans should be ok with taking a backseat to a story like that, especially when everyone is still picking them to win anyway

I'm not bent out of shape about it, really. My main point in even arguing about this is that it strikes me as an interesting discussion about how the media covers sports these days.

Along those lines, it would be nice to see the media focus on selling teams (ala the NFL) rather than individual talents.

Flashiness and exciting plays don't necessarily equal greatness or championships in the NBA. Somehow, in the media's rush to annoit this younger generation of MJ wannabes, the undoubtable greatness that is Tim Duncan has been made to take a decided backseat. Why? Because Duncan plays a fundamentally sound game. Thus, though Duncan is the single player in this generation most capable of taking over a game on both ends of the floor on every given night, he becomes a minor story compared to a bunch of guys who are athletically brilliant but not necessarily winners.

Why is a team full of nobodys a better story than a team with some of the world's most accomplished players?

JonVito
06-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not bent out of shape about it, really. My main point in even arguing about this is that it strikes me as an interesting discussion about how the media covers sports these days.

Along those lines, it would be nice to see the media focus on selling teams (ala the NFL) rather than individual talents.

Flashiness and exciting plays don't necessarily equal greatness or championships in the NBA. Somehow, in the media's rush to annoit this younger generation of MJ wannabes, the undoubtable greatness that is Tim Duncan has been made to take a decided backseat. Why? Because Duncan plays a fundamentally sound game. Thus, though Duncan is the single player in this generation most capable of taking over a game on both ends of the floor on every given night, he becomes a minor story compared to a bunch of guys who are athletically brilliant but not necessarily winners.

Why is a team full of nobodys a better story than a team with some of the world's most accomplished players?

Because the fact ONE MAN (excuse me, YOUNG man) led his team to the promise land...he gave an entire team of mediocre players the confidence to play at an extremely high level by trusting in them and letting them know it

its just amazing hes done this at such a young age, its a great story...the fact the Spurs are in the Finals again is becoming rather normal, and that shouldnt be taken as a bad thing

rr2418
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM

I think every fan thinks their team is the greatest, especially if their team has won a title wich the Spurs have, three to be exact! Do I think the Spurs are the greatest team in NBA history? I don't know b/c it's difficult to compare eras, rules have changed, etc. I have gone to the Suns forums, Cavs forums, Jazz forums, and I read the same thing, how their team is the best and blah, blah, blah.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 10:59 PM

One game makes a team exciting? Hell, most of the Pistons-Cavs series was boring as hell anyway. The Spurs-Pistons '05 Finals or the Spurs-Mavs from last year were a hell of a lot more interesting than the stale Cavs-Pistons series.

There really isn't anything interesting in the Cavs game besides all the hype that the NBA's force feeding everyone.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I think every fan thinks their team is the greatest, especially if their team has won a title wich the Spurs have, three to be exact! Do I think the Spurs are the greatest team in NBA history? I don't know b/c it's difficult to compare eras, rules have changed, etc. I have gone to the Suns forums, Cavs forums, Jazz forums, and I read the same thing, how their team is the best and blah, blah, blah.

Any bitching from Suns fans shouldn't be taken seriously. Check out their garbage arizonawhatever forums or any NBA board. You'll find legions of Suns fans that think Steve Trash and the Suns are the most gifted amazing team in the league that deserves a free pass to the finals cause they have the 2-time MVP on their team. Most of their fanbase is comprised of teenagers that jumped on the bandwagon in 2005 so it's not unusual to see this type of attitude. I met a Suns fan on another forum that couldn't stand watching any other team besides the Suns cause it was "too boring". LOL

Trainwreck2100
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
LMAO @ this thread

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
its just amazing hes done this at such a young age, its a great story...the fact the Spurs are in the Finals again is becoming rather normal, and that shouldnt be taken as a bad thing

It was pretty amazing when Tim Duncan got his team to the Finals at age 22 as well.

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Really, can't they sell just about anything, if they wanted to? The problem is, they pick and choose what they want to sell.

For example, it's been asked here several times before, but...HOW can anyone consider the play of Manu and Tony boring? I will never understand that.

WHAT IF the media stopped portraying the Spurs as boring every chance they got, and actually talked about them being exciting and "sexy?" Would people stop seeing them as such, and would the ratings actually increase?

Spurs haters might say no right off the bat, but the funny thing is, every argument I've heard has been recycled media garbage, none original...if they change what they're putting out there, perhaps the public's perceptions might change?? Just a thought.

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 11:13 PM

Sorry, FWD...I just saw your post after I said pretty much the same thing. :oops

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry, FWD...I just saw your post after I said pretty much the same thing. :oops

I'm glad that someone else sees this the way I do, SFF! I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mountain out of a molehill in the course of making an argument.

leemajors
06-04-2007, 11:16 PM

fuck that

i didn't notice anything but spurs posters in the background of your "gun show" pic, were the warriors ones just not visible?

Trainwreck2100
06-04-2007, 11:16 PM
It was pretty amazing when Tim Duncan got his team to the Finals at age 22 as well.

Duncan got his team into the Finals in two years and it took Bronny four. I don't get how what he's done is so great if he did it in half the time.

SpursFanFirst
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm glad that someone else sees this the way I do, SFF! I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mountain out of a molehill in the course of making an argument.
Nope. And I agree with your comment on #136 as well.

ehz33satx
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM

What you dont seem to understand is that 4 of your coaches and front office personnel came from the Spurs. When Louie says we own you it means you are Spurs East with some of our former employees now are employeed up there in Cleveland and leading your team.

LilMissSPURfect
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Duncan got his team into the Finals in two years and it took Bronny four. I don't get how what he's done is so great if he did it in half the time.

he didn't just get there HE HAS the HARDWARE to boot...

TIMMY IS DA MAN! :toast

rr2418
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Because the fact ONE MAN (excuse me, YOUNG man) led his team to the promise land...he gave an entire team of mediocre players the confidence to play at an extremely high level by trusting in them and letting them know it

I think a more remarkable story would be Finley. He signs with the Spurs b/c he thought they had the best chance to win a title last year. The Spurs ended up short and the remaining teams were the "other" teams who were also interested in him. A year later he finally gets his chance. He's been playing what, 14 years? He's been a great player, scorer, and individual, but b/c he's not flashy or doesn't make the ESPN highlight show, this great story will be overlooked. What about Horry? If the Spurs win he'll get his seventh ring! Duncan? He would quietly pass "The Great Larry Bird" with 4 rings to three. You Cavs fans have reason to be optimistic, not b/c of Lebron James, but b/c the NBA, media and all of America for that matter is rooting for the Cavs!

As far as America is concerned, the Finals are the LBJ's party, but waiting to spoil the party are the forgotten boring Spurs. :D

AnotherArgie
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
i really miss the Jazz fans.

ehz33satx
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=JonVito this kid just led a team full of "Nobodys" to the finals, on a team that had NEVER been to the Finals before[/QUOTE]

So being, how hard is it going to be to beat a team of nobodys and a kid, when the Spurs are stocked with play-off tested veterans? I am not saying its going to be easy, but its not going to be that hard either. We have been to the Finals and won many times, as opposed to never being there ala your Cleveland Cavaliers.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2007, 11:32 PM

fuck that

They should have ban you a long time ago.

Solid D
06-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Amazing. 6 pages. Talk about the phoenix rising from the flames (flames = the first post in this thread)!!!

AnotherArgie
06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
For example, it's been asked here several times before, but...HOW can anyone consider the play of Manu and Tony boring? I will never understand that.

Rather simple:

1) LeBron is Nike's image. Nike is a big advertiser in the media.

2) Manu is south-american, white and getting bald. And Tony, with Eva and everything, is still french.

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2007, 11:37 PM

fuck that
:lol Didn't your ass claim to be a spur fan for the longest time???

dbreiden83080
06-04-2007, 11:42 PM
sorry if you think im wrong here...but LeBron James highlight reel is better then the entire Spurs highlight reel combined

its just the way it is, hes a sumpreme talent, "the future" of the NBA and hes going to garner some attention

Highlight dunks do not win titles, just ask Vince Carter he will tell you all about it. 6 years ago he was the next Jordan where is he at now on the all time list?

VinnyTestesVerde
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM

fuck that

no kidding how come them spurz likey to win lotz?

i mean srsly i cant beleive they keep doin that

they damn hell are being stupiid

fuck tha spurrs i hate them a hole lot

pissin me off alot

:lol

Avitus1
06-04-2007, 11:51 PM
The players are oh so jealous, I bet they wish they were the ones winning the Conference Finals for the first time. :wtf

judaspriestess
06-04-2007, 11:58 PM

how about go fuck yourself

1SUNSFAN
06-05-2007, 12:25 AM
But you can see some of the most athletic and jaw dropping plays around if you watch Manu Ginobili enough, too.

Since when is falling down on your back like a 2 dollar whore "athletic and jaw dropping"?

The SPURS are BORING!

I hope Horry is up to the task of cheap shotting LeBron so that they Spurs can win again. If all else fails I'm sure Stern will bail you out.

DDS4
06-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Since when is falling down on your back like a 2 dollar whore "athletic and jaw dropping"?

The SPURS are BORING!

I hope Horry is up to the task of cheap shotting LeBron so that they Spurs can win again. If all else fails I'm sure Stern will bail you out.

I think Horry is playing another year. We'll need him to body check someone else on the Suns team next year.

Have a great summer fishin'.

Avitus1
06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2006/fishin06_400_cavaliers01.jpg

dbreiden83080
06-05-2007, 01:25 AM

The SPURS are BORING!

Blah Blah and you would do anything to be where we are right now. Too bad that will never happen because your best player is a one dimensional HACK!! Don't sweat it i am sure he will entertain you along the way leading you to ESPN highlights and playoff exits year in and year out, Have a nice offseason PAL!!!

Johnny RIngo
06-05-2007, 08:51 AM

The SPURS are BORING!

lol Suns fans are still butt hurt from all the ass raping the Spurs gave to Phoenix.

reddog 99
06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
By the way, that is not an insult to you all, as most of you are great fans of "your" team and teams need fans like that, just pointing it out.

Oh I guess you opened up the local newsrag to see the wonderful representation of Pro (?) sports available in the Valley.

Arizona Cardinals- NADA
Dback's- One title (Which was a fluke)
Phoenix Suns- NADA
Wildcats- 16 national championships in swimming and stuff.

Shit if it wasn't for Lute Olsen and Randy Johnson you would be shutout.

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Im so Jealous cause I want to be in stuid lame sprite commercials!!!!!! Wait, I hate sprite.....nevermind.

easjer
06-05-2007, 09:38 AM

Ok, but see, for a fan, holding up the trophies at the end is way better. But barring that, as it is something only a fan can appreciate.

There are a ton of amazing highlights and incredible shots. If the only thing you can appreciate is a fadeaway three or a dunk, then you probably miss it. But what about some of Manu's contortionist moves to get to the basket in a crowded lane, or Tony's teardrop that goes in 90% of the time? How about their between the legs of the opponet passes? What about some of Bruce's steals and blocks of 3 point attempts of some of the best shooters in the league? How about the perfect bounce pass from Tim to Oberto for a dunk? What about Horry's clutch game shooting? And that leaves aside one of the best player in the league's personal highlight reel.

What an ignorant statement.

That just goes straight back to everything FWD said - it's about media portrayal. Instead of embracing a dynasty with amazing play now, they are so desparate for their superstar flash that they ignore one of the all time greatest players ever in favor of hoping for the next Jordan (in vain).

LeBron could be the future - but so could Tony Parker. The flash of the Suns has always been around and has never won, but instead of showing people what championship defense looks like and why it's so amazing, they sigh about their boredom.

If the media simply tried - it'd be a whole different ballgame.

And additionally, I watched every game of that Cavs/Pistons series and it was boring as hell. And not even great defense boring - bad playmaking boring. Painful to watch. The only reason Game 5 was of interest was because it was close and went to OT. Just as baseball is only watchable after the 12 inning of a tied game and you just keep waiting for that one hit, that one run to win - that's how that game was. It got interesting because of tension, but not because of amazing play (and I'm fully aware of how many points LeBron scored - very impressive, but I could probably come close if the lanes were as wide open as they frequently were).

I find the Cavs boring to watch. They don't play particularly well (which is not to say that they play badly!), there is limited ball movement and most frequently guys watching LeBron instead of running plays. Shrug. It doesn't hold my interest.

FreeMad Dan
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM

fuck that

It may just seem that way to you because we win so much. :violin

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
You can keep the football team, if San Antonio is to get a NFL team please not the Cardinals.
We do have 1 PGA stop (Texas Open).
UTSA...it is a Div. 1...we also have several non-major ones....it is not quantity, but quality.
Not a baseball fan too much, so it doesn't matter to me. (We have minor league baseball which IMO is much more enjoyable than MLB.
NASCAR....whoopeee.:rolleyes

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
The SPURS are BORING!
I have said before, I'll say it again....
I'd rather be bored winning than excited losing.

thousandth
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
The SPURS are BORING!

Boring? or Winning? :lmao

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 10:27 AM

I watched game 5....for a little while, and turned it off due to being bored to tears.

Im sorry, but basketball is a team sport. watching one guy basically play uncontested basketball is sorta like watching practice.

No one for detroit really did much to try and shut him down, no one on cleveland really did anything but stand around and watch as lebron ran around in circles looking for an opening to the hoop...

I prefer to watch team ball, lots of passing / pics / movement without the ball...it makes it fun to watch in my opinion.

I also dont find And1 basketball very exciting to watch either though...so meh...

Spider TX
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh I guess you opened up the local newsrag to see the wonderful representation of Pro (?) sports available in the Valley.

Arizona Cardinals- NADA
Dback's- One title (Which was a fluke)
Phoenix Suns- NADA
Wildcats- 16 national championships in swimming and stuff.

Shit if it wasn't for Lute Olsen and Randy Johnson you would be shutout.

First off you tool, the Wildcats are not that major college in Pheonix. The DBacks were no fluke that year. And if you would bother to read just a little, it was about the number of major teams and the major college. And that it what the nation would call a major college, not that little 4,000 student one that sits in San Antonio.

Spider TX
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
You can keep the football team, if San Antonio is to get a NFL team please not the Cardinals.
We do have 1 PGA stop (Texas Open).
UTSA...it is a Div. 1...we also have several non-major ones....it is not quantity, but quality.
Not a baseball fan too much, so it doesn't matter to me. (We have minor league baseball which IMO is much more enjoyable than MLB.
NASCAR....whoopeee.:rolleyes

Don't worry, you will never get a football team, San Antonio couldn't even attract a team very well a couple years ago when that team had no home city. And you are right, it's not quantity of schools, it's the quality of the 1 big one, and the national sports it provides. And while I'm not fan of Nascar myself, it is huge in many peoples eyes, and takes just that much more of a persons attention away from another major teams. And mark my words, you will be wishing you could get a team like the Cardinals as your NFL team real soon.

FromWayDowntown
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
The SPURS are BORING!

The SUNS are FISHING!

Avitus1
06-05-2007, 10:42 AM
The SUNS are FISHING!

http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2007/fishin07_suns_600.jpg

BreezeHillBill
06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
NFL cardinals

DarrinS
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM

The SPURS are BORING!

It makes perfect sense for the Sterns to conspire in favour of the boring, non-merchandise selling Spurs over the exciting Suns with 2-time MVP Nash. You are a genius with impeccable logic.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I AM SORRY FORUM JESUS

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a person coming in a Spurs forum questioning the behaviour of Spurs fans and players, telling them how to act, is all wound up about a guy telling him/her how to post in a Spurs forum?
For the record, I disagree with both.

703 Spurz
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM

fuck that

:sleep

easjer
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
And that it what the nation would call a major college, not that little 4,000 student one that sits in San Antonio.

UTSA now has over 29,000 students and is quickly becoming a premier institution in the state of Texas. It's a direct rival to TSU in terms of an area school attracting decent students for a decent undergraduate education.

I work in Texas state higher education, primarily in admissions, and I know where UTSA stands as an institution. They are up and coming as a research instituation and branching out with increasingly good faculty and programs. UTSA could be dismissed as a small time junior college or inferior education a few years ago, but they've made leaps and bounds in the last few years and are considered within Texas to be a rising institution. Not quite near UT or A&M or even near Tech, UH, TSU, but definitely working towards it.

I don't know or care what their sports are like, but at least get it straight.

703 Spurz
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM

I'm in Virginia and have been a Spurs fan for 15 years. So already your arguement is done.

CubanMustGo
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
"Why are Spurs fans ... so jealous"? Because so many outside of the Spurs family use terms like "lucky", "asterisk," "unfair," "dirty", "small town," "whiners," "floppers," "arrogant," and "lucky" to describe the team with the best winning record in all of professional sports over the last ten years, rather than give the franchise any credit. All we want is the respect due any team which has the bona fides the Spurs have earned.

SpurYank
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Re most Spurs fans are from San Antonio. Take a look at all the GTGs being held. I'm trying to get one near my home, 25 miles from the Pennsylvania border, in Maryland.

SpurYank
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
...also, Diamondback and Cardinal fans may have something to say about whether or not they should be considered major sports in America.

Honestly, I think the Phoenix scenery has it all over San Antonio. You guys win there.

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Don't worry, you will never get a football team, San Antonio couldn't even attract a team very well a couple years ago when that team had no home city.
The Saints? No home city? They are back in New Orleans aren't they? We just helped them in a time need. I never really expected to see the team move here.

And you are right, it's not quantity of schools, it's the quality of the 1 big one, and the national sports it provides.
Quality:
UTSA (like easjer said)
Trinity Univ.
St. Mary's Univ.
Our Lady of the Lake University
University of the Incarnate Word
All of which are solid schools...Phoenix only only 2 true 4-year Universities.
ASU and Western Governors University

you will be wishing you could get a team like the Cardinals as your NFL team real soon.
Like the Cardinals.....uh..no thanks. As long as Bidwell owns the club they will go nowhere....kinda like the Raiders and Al Davis. If you are proud of the Cardinals, no wonder your a Suns' fan.

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
...also, Diamondback and Cardinal fans may have something to say about whether or not they should be considered major sports in America.

Honestly, I think the Phoenix scenery has it all over San Antonio. You guys win there.
I have never been to Phoenix...so I don't know about the scenery.