PDA

View Full Version : Larry Hughes update anyone?

raspsa
06-04-2007, 11:55 PM
He's supposed to be one of their best defensive players. How hurt is he? Is his injury the type that can be managed or will it only get worse as the series goes on?

Lp26
06-04-2007, 11:59 PM
He's really not all that great defensively. He is quick and long, but he gambles ALOT.

He had the same thing TD had in 06' plantar fascitis (sp?), except he has a tear in his foot also or something to that effect. He took a cortisone shot to play before Game 5 and 6.

From what i know, i don't think the injury gets better unless you sit for a few months. I don't think it gets worse either. Just basically play through the pain.

Obstructed_View
06-05-2007, 01:04 AM
It's his plantar fascia, but it's a single tear as opposed to fasciitis which is a bunch of little tears. Tearing it hurts, and it takes a while to heal up, but icing it and stretching can lessen the pain and it hurts less once it's warmed up. My guess is that if he was able to go immediately after the injury he should be significantly better by Thursday.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 01:12 AM
He was a big factor in the 2 reg. season games for them, but then again Bonner and Beno were getting double digit minutes so maybe that's not such a great barometer. He'll be tested severely, and probably will be at least a step slow due to injury. Once he has to sit, it's gonna get tight and probably lessens his effectiveness in the 2nd half.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2007, 03:08 AM
last year he was handling with hand injuries if im correct

excessive wankn can put strain on the hands....it was his shooting hand hahahaha

Fillmoe
06-05-2007, 03:16 AM
he sucks.... him not playing is a plus for cleveland

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Hes a defensive beast when healthy but hes not so it doesnt matter. He is their best shot at defending Tony and with a tear in his heel area that doesnt bode well. Make him run and plant and change direction in a backpedal enough and hes fucked.

Leetonidas
06-05-2007, 03:43 AM
He's not even a good defender. He just gets a lot of steals because he gambles a lot.

raspsa
06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Posted on Tue, Jun. 05, 2007

Dribbles

Larry Hughes is still walking with a limp as he recovers from torn plantar fascia, but he said he expects to play in Thursday's Game 1... LeBron James became just the fourth player in NBA history to average 25 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in a conference finals series, joining Oscar Robertson (1963), John Havlicek (1968) and Larry Bird (1986).

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 07:07 PM
He's really not all that great defensively. He is quick and long, but he gambles ALOT.

He had the same thing TD had in 06' plantar fascitis (sp?), except he has a tear in his foot also or something to that effect. He took a cortisone shot to play before Game 5 and 6.

From what i know, i don't think the injury gets better unless you sit for a few months. I don't think it gets worse either. Just basically play through the pain.

His D is good...but 15 to maybe twenty minutes is gonna be all he has, although the schedule is helping him alot. Five days rest, then another three days to game 2? questionable schedule. And then he goes to play at home. :king

bonesinaz
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
If he has a torn plantar fascia, he will be hurting with every step. They will shoot him up with cortizone, but it will still hurt. That is because getting the shots hurts. Whether it is one tear or several, the result is an inflammatory response.

klx23
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Larry's good to go, but his minutes are going to be limited. This guy can play through the pain. Many Cavs fans don't like him, but I'm one of the few who thinks he's valuable to this team. Sure he's overpaid and has terrible shot selection, but contrary to what some of you have said, he's a good defender.

SilverPlayer
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
His D is good...but 15 to maybe twenty minutes is gonna be all he has, although the schedule is helping him alot. Five days rest, then another three days to game 2? questionable schedule. And then he goes to play at home. :king

Yeah but, the body doesn't do well if you overuse cortisone shots, it tends to dry out the joints and ends up really hurting you in the long run. I hope he gets better, but hopefully your team doesn't keep injecting him too much, or you might destroy a player the way Grant Hill was destroyed, if you let him push too hard.

Lebron's young, don't treat this like it's his last finals ever. A healthy Hughes might be more important the next three years down the line than just this year.