PDA

View Full Version : Guy gets fired for comment to Lebron

Nathan Explosion
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I was listening to Lisle and Hahn this morning, and supposedly in the 8:00 hour, a guy called in to talk about his stupid firing (topic for today). He won Spurs tickets because he got fired from his restaurant for going up to Lebron yesterday and telling him that that the only way Lebron is seeing the trophy is if he goes to the display case in the AT&T Center.

:spin

I got to hand it to him. One, that's pretty funny. And two, that takes balls to do. That's a fan.

leemajors
06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
three, it's retarded as a restaurant employee to insult your customers. unless you work at starseeds, i guess.

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I'd get fired for Finals tickets in a heartbeat.

hater
06-05-2007, 09:40 AM
it's classier and ballsier than calling in a bomb threat. props to the dude

I probably would have kept quiet but put a special sauce in lebron's soup

BigBeezie
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I didn't think the Cavs were in San Antonio yet.

whottt
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Why talk trash to LeBron?

Pissing him off isn't exactly going to help our cause.

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Why talk trash to LeBron?

Pissing him off isn't exactly going to help our cause.True

Let's hope he doesn't go apeshit

Nathan Explosion
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
First off, I doubt the guy liked his job. I have yet to meet a waiter/waitress who's mostly content with their job. It's a stressful job with little reward.

Second, I don't think it matters what fans say to Lebron at this point. At least they're not throwing stuff at him.

And 3rd, the guy can probably go to any restaurant and get a job, but how often do you get Finals tickets for doing what he did? He could have just done something to his food.

sa_butta
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Maybe he is bullshitting and just won Spurs tickets for a great story. How do they verify this really happened?

ATRAIN
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I give the guy props....he has balls thats for sure.

Nathan Explosion
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Maybe he is bullshitting and just won Spurs tickets for a great story. How do they verify this really happened?

You really can't, but sometimes a story is just so out there that you'd have to assume it was true. They mentioned that this was the reason they gave him the tickets.

Avitus1
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I punched a guy in the taint once cuz he said Mariotti was better than me. What a fucking liar.

LMAO

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
LOL....Just proves once again that you can be fired for telling the truth.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
well, thinking as the restaurant's owner, I wouldn't want anything bothering a client as popular and famous as LeBron. I mean face it, the dude's business is worth more than having to get a new waiter. I understand why he got fired. On the other hand, it does take balls...

twentyone
06-05-2007, 09:56 AM

I urge fans to treat all Cav's food with the utmost respect, I mean wtf: KARMA. I've done some nasty shit to peoples food that were IMHO deserving it, but the opposing team? Eesh that's scary. (Sorry my OCD paranoia kicked in on that one)

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM

i leik told horry dat he shoulda been explelled from teh nba and den my boss fierd meee!11!!111!!11!!!111 I WANT TEH FINALS TICKETS!

-Mars

Man of Steel
06-05-2007, 09:58 AM
That is total bullshit.

The Cavs are not in town yet!

sandman
06-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I urge fans to treat all Cav's food with the utmost respect, I mean wtf: KARMA. I've done some nasty shit to peoples food that were IMHO deserving it, but the opposing team? Eesh that's scary. (Sorry my OCD paranoia kicked in on that one)

Er, remember when you asked us to come over for dinner? I think we are going to be busy that night...

saporvida
06-05-2007, 10:17 AM
three, it's retarded as a restaurant employee to insult your customers. unless you work at starseeds, i guess.

starseeds... worst food/service ever! i can't stand them "too good for anyone" bitch waiters that work there. god i hate that fuckin place and it never fails that when i am in austin every dumbmotherfucker i know wants to eat there and waste an hr sitting around waiting for someone to wait on us. shitty food/service, so why does everyone like that place?

fuck austin!

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I punched a guy in the taint once cuz he said Mariotti was better than me. What a fucking liar.

Woody you're the best on ATH. keke.

-Mars

GSH
06-05-2007, 10:21 AM

I'm still sitting here laughing about that one. I honestly don't know wtf you are talking about, but "punched a guy in the taint" is seriously funny.

gospursgojas
06-05-2007, 10:27 AM
:lol

klx23
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
This is nothing compared to the motivation Skip Bayless gives to LeBron.

mrsmaalox
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM

:vomit:

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
that dude is going to be a witness....hahahhaa fuck this spurs are under the pump and ready to go

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
You guys are giving credence to what a douchbag said when he called in to talk to two other douchebags on the radio. He should have said he took a dump on a plate in the shape of the O'Brien Trophy and served it to LeBron saying, "THATS AS CLOSE AS YOURE GETTING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!"

howbouthemspurs
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I got fired for telling a midget that he was too small to drink beer. Then I politely asked him to leave or I would kick him....He told the manager and i just walked out....

I hate them little guys!.. they can get away with murder! especially the ones with freakily large heads that aways look like that they can tip over if they tilt it too much!

StrangeCheez
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Meh.