PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Islands...Timmy

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Being From Akron, OH and having went to St.. Vincent St. Marys...(a few years before lebron). From a neutral perspective, if there is one, all of my fellow colleagues down here who are huge tim duncan fans (and friends of) and San Antonio fans, think this is going to be a monster series and that the Cavs present some matchup probelms for the spurs. Its pretty unanamous down here that the series is going to go 7.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Cavs can make this an ugly series and make the Spurs do things they don't want to do offensively. The Spurs can do the same, however in an ugly series I like the Cavs because of Lebron's leadership and ability to improvise and score.

BigBeezie
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I look for the Spurs to win in 2. The Cavs will forfeit after they take back-to-back ass-poundings.

thispego
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Cavs can make this an ugly series and make the Spurs do things they don't want to do offensively. The Spurs can do the same, however in an ugly series I like the Cavs because of Lebron's leadership and ability to improvise and score.

lol

Ronaldo McDonald
06-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Jesus. You can't listen to these CAVS Fans, they are all just finals virgins

Ronaldo McDonald
06-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Wait until your team gets fucked a few times

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 12:04 PM
All I am hearing is the overconfidence of the Spurs shining through just like it did with the Pistons. You guys will be the first ones to eat your words, Cavs will make this an ugly series like I said and Lebron will take over. Cleveland is playing better defense than the Spurs are right now, they have a coach who knows the in's and out's of your playbook, they have Lebron to carry the load offensively. Cavs in 5, we're gonna shock the world!

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Wait util your team get's fucked a few times

and the texans are throwing around the education quotes, seriously, is that worth a post? :donkey

NoMoneyDown
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
All I am hearing is the overconfidence of the Spurs shining through just like it did with the Pistons. You guys will be the first ones to eat your words, Cavs will make this an ugly series like I said and Lebron will take over. Cleveland is playing better defense than the Spurs are right now, they have a coach who knows the in's and out's of your playbook, they have Lebron to carry the load offensively. Cavs in 5, we're gonna shock the world!

Cleveland > Detroit (with Flip)
Detroit (with Popovich) > Cleveland

San Antonio (with Flip) >> Cleveland
San Antonio (with Popovich) >>>>>>>>> Cleveland

Ronaldo McDonald
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
and the texans are throwing around the education quotes, seriously, is that worth a post? :donkey

HAHA. This is a message board dipshit I'm not about to boast about my level of education

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2007, 12:16 PM

beno 1ring >>>>anyone on the cavs

twentyone
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
BW you're right. We are overconfident despite the several comments by players that they recognize the WCF win was great, but they had work ahead. We are overconfident because we have been here before, and been told we're overconfident. We have no idea what it takes to win, we're to old, slow, boring, dirty to overcome the Nuggets, let alone the Suns, and don't even think about going up against the Jazz who beat GS who beat the almighty _allas.

We're scrubs, America hates us, Virgin Island people doubt us, we're bitches, we suck, is there anything else we're forgetting? Except the fact that we've heard this shit for the last 10 years and it hasn't made a difference yet.

Good luck, you'll need it.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Detroit wouldn't beat Cleveland regardless, they lost their winning edge after their championship run and they turn on their coach the first chance they get. They're whiners.

San Antonio doesn't scare me nearly as much as Detroit did as a Cavs fan, San Antonio doesn't have the defensive presence the same way Detroit did. Floppers like Ginobli don't scare anybody the way that guys like Prince and Wallace can with their ability to block shots. Duncan obviously is probably the biggest presence in the league in the paint, however he is only one guy and Lebron will take him to school one on one when he makes his move to the basket. The only reason Detroit had any success defending Lebron at all was because they attacked him with numbers.

Detroit had some height across the board to combat Cleveland's size with, San Antonio doesn't have anything close to that. It doesn't matter what all these "experts" are saying, they just don't want to be the guy who steps out on a limb and picks the Cavs (San Antonio is the safe pick). It's matchups that make ballgames and Cleveland matches up much better against San Antonio than they do against Detroit, plain and simple. Cavs will control this series.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Cleveland is playing better defense than the Spurs are right now, true. they are playing better defense against........................................... .wait for it................................................ ....................
EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 12:23 PM
true. they are playing better defense against........................................... .wait for it................................................ ....................

Hey, last time I checked, wasn't last season's NBA Champion an Eastern Conference team??

duncan228
06-05-2007, 12:23 PM
true. they are playing better defense against........................................... .wait for it................................................ ....................

:bang They don't get it. They just don't get it. :bang

Ronaldo McDonald
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Why do Cavs fans feel like they have to come in here to say this "Cavs will win" bullshit? To the original poster: What kind of match up problems do the Spurs face, other than the LBJ one? Just give me an answer, I need a laugh.

sandman
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM

You make it seem as if the team that has been to the Finals in three of the last five years (with the other two years being .4 and Game 7 OT) has no leadership or the ability to improvise.

I respect the fact that you are a fan of your team, you are excited that they are in the Finals, and feel that they legitimately have a chance to win. However, within the last year LBJ has been accused of coasting and not wanting the big game based on his play at times on the court. The Spurs have been the best team in the NBA for the last 5 years and are the poster children for "winning ugly". You are doing a disservice to the collective basketball intelligence to assume that a one year hot playoff run for LBJ equates to leadership and improvisation that completely and definitively trumps the combined leadership of the Spurs' Big Three.

sandman
06-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey, last time I checked, wasn't last season's NBA Champion an Eastern Conference team??

Only because of a dumb foul in a Game 7 in the WCSF and the worst choke job in Finals history.

Let's all be intellectually honest and admit that Miami did not so much win that series as much as Dallas choked it away.

The 04 and 05 Piston teams were the only legitimate powers to come out of the East this decade.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
BWJACKETS, you are a true moron, I'm gonna frame this post and put it all over your face when we take out your folks. You knowledge of what is going on is pathetic. You are just eating up all the jazz going on with LeBron this week. You are just another guy who would turn the tv on just to watch what they NBA prepared you. What a way of saying 30 stupid things per minute. You are #1!!!

sandman
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
You are just another guy who would turn the tv on just to watch what they NBA prepared you.

Lots of casual fans showing up these days now that one of the studs from the NBA marketing stable made it to the Big Dance...

Coincidence? I think not.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Being From Akron, OH and having went to St.. Vincent St. Marys...(a few years before lebron). From a neutral perspective, if there is one, all of my fellow colleagues down here who are huge tim duncan fans (and friends of) and San Antonio fans, think this is going to be a monster series and that the Cavs present some matchup probelms for the spurs. Its pretty unanamous down here that the series is going to go 7.

Yes, please break down the match up problems. I'm interested to see what people are thinking over there. I need someone to make my day.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey, last time I checked, wasn't last season's NBA Champion an Eastern Conference team??yes.........with two all-stars that includes a legend-to-be. :donkey
i could go back and forth with, but just hold on to that eastern conference trophy 'cause that's the only thing you'll be getting this year.

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I look for the Spurs to win in 2. The Cavs will forfeit after they take back-to-back ass-poundings.

roflmao

-Mars

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Why do Cavs fans feel like they have to come in here to say this "Cavs will win" bullshit? To the original poster: What kind of match up problems do the Spurs face, other than the LBJ one? Just give me an answer, I need a laugh.

Nothing that hasn't already been debated in length. It doesn't matter that much until gametime now, but all of these games are going to be very close.
I don't see your perimter players slashing to the paint like usual, They'll put lebron on ginobli or parker (probably parker in the second half) and just shut him out of any kind of drives completely....Duncan is not a MEGA scorer...and won't be against us, at least not as a scoring average for the series. All these games will be mid 80's to early 90's.
Peace from the island, too bad working til five, beach is looking sweeeet.

hater
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM

your fellow colleagues are idiots. Spurs in 5 max

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM

I'm talking about the size that the Cavs have, they've got two legit centers and they can play big with guy like Gooden, Pavlovic, Marshall, James, none of whom scale in at any smaller than 6'7. They play great defense and they have range that goes on for miles. I think Cleveland will control the boards for the most part and contest shots. For good measure, Varajao is the best in the league at drawing charges so Parker and Ginobli will have to be constantly aware of that seeing as how they always rush in to try and draw contact. Cavs will take the Spurs out of their offense. That will be the key, take San Antonio out of their offense and with a guy like Lebron James he will find ways to win the tightly contested games.

It isn't about individual matchups that has me optimistic, it is how each team looks against each other when they have their full teams out on the court. People said the same thing when Cleveland played Detroit, they said "Oh, Detroit has four legit scorers in Billups, Prince, Wallace, and Hamilton, and they play great defense as well, Cleveland has no chance." Well, they're saying the same thing now and it is going to be the same result. Cleveland will play big on San Antonio and they will have an even bigger advantage in that respect than they did against Detroit. Duncan is a dominant player, but again, he is one player and Cleveland has a big numerical advantage when it comes to big men to combat him with.

I appreciate the fact that the Spurs have been near the top of the league for so long, however my counterpoint is that I think you guys aren't going to be ready for the beast that is Lebron James, and also I don't think you have done your research on the Cavs because you just are willing to assume that because they are the Cavs they'll roll over and die. Sorry Charlie, it ain't happenin'.

hater
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Nothing that hasn't already been debated in length. It doesn't matter that much until gametime now, but all of these games are going to be very close.
I don't see your perimter players slashing to the paint like usual, They'll put lebron on ginobli or parker (probably parker in the second half) and just shut him out of any kind of drives completely....

because lebronze's defense is so great :rolleyes There is no way in hell lebron can guard parker. Parker would torch his ass.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't see your perimter players slashing to the paint like usual, They'll put lebron on ginobli or parker (probably parker in the second half) and just shut him out of any kind of drives completely....Duncan is not a MEGA scorer...and won't be against us, at least not as a scoring average for the series. All these games will be mid 80's to early 90's.
Peace from the island, too bad working til five, beach is looking sweeeet.

Wrong. If Cavs put LBJ on Ginobili they are doomed. They are doomed anyway since LBJ appears to be the only player capable of guarding either 2 players but they will make him pay for that and put him in foul trouble. Expect to see LBJ picking up easy fouls when assigned to guard them. IF they are smart, they will use LBJ very rarely for accomplished defense.

judaspriestess
06-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Detroit wouldn't beat Cleveland regardless, they lost their winning edge after their championship run and they turn on their coach the first chance they get. They're whiners.

San Antonio doesn't scare me nearly as much as Detroit did as a Cavs fan, San Antonio doesn't have the defensive presence the same way Detroit did. :dizzy Floppers like Ginobli don't scare anybody the way that guys like Prince and Wallace can with their ability to block shots. Duncan obviously is probably the biggest presence in the league in the paint, however he is only one guy and Lebron will take him to school one on one when he makes his move to the basket. The only reason Detroit had any success defending Lebron at all was because they attacked him with numbers.

Detroit had some height across the board to combat Cleveland's size with, San Antonio doesn't have anything close to that. It doesn't matter what all these "experts" are saying, they just don't want to be the guy who steps out on a limb and picks the Cavs (San Antonio is the safe pick). It's matchups that make ballgames and Cleveland matches up much better against San Antonio than they do against Detroit, plain and simple. Cavs will control this series.

Wow, how much is crack up there in Cleveland cause you are smoking quite a bit of it.

Just because the calves beat the Spurs EARLY in the season when the Spurs where playing like crap does not mean the calves are going to beat the Spurs in the Finals.

duncan228
06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
...I don't think you have done your research on the Cavs because you just are willing to assume that because they are the Cavs they'll roll over and die. Sorry Charlie, it ain't happenin'.

You don't think the Spurs have done their research? A team with three recent Titles? Whose winning % is off the charts? Who have been legitimate contenders almost half of LeBron's life?

If you're referring to fans, fine. Fans say what they want.

If you're referring to Pop and his staff, to Duncan and his team, you're more fucked up than I thought you were.

GTFO.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Cleveland will play big on San Antonio and they will have an even bigger advantage in that respect than they did against Detroit. Duncan is a dominant player, but again, he is one player and Cleveland has a big numerical advantage when it comes to big men to combat him with.

I appreciate the fact that the Spurs have been near the top of the league for so long, however my counterpoint is that I think you guys aren't going to be ready for the beast that is Lebron James, and also I don't think you have done your research on the Cavs because you just are willing to assume that because they are the Cavs they'll roll over and die. Sorry Charlie, it ain't happenin'.

You will be disappointed. You got it all wrong...

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 12:55 PM
You don't think the Spurs have done their research? A team with three recent Titles? Whose winning % is off the charts? Who have been legitimate contenders almost half of LeBron's life?

If you're referring to Pop and his staff, to Duncan and his team, you're more fucked up than I thought you were.

GTFO.

Not referring to the team, obviously they will be doing their homework. I'm referring to the fans.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Wrong. If Cavs put LBJ on Ginobili they are doomed. They are doomed anyway since LBJ appears to be the only player capable of guarding either 2 players but they will make him pay for that and put him in foul trouble. Expect to see LBJ picking up easy fouls when assigned to guard them. IF they are smart, they will use LBJ very rarely for accomplished defense.

Lebron does play good D, and it has been exceptional in the postseason, obviously you haven't watched. He stays out of foul trouble in the first half
and they usually put him on one of the top two offensive players in the second half. He HAS been shutting down very good offensive players. :ihit

hater
06-05-2007, 12:56 PM
He HAS been shutting down very good offensive players. :ihit

like who?

sandman
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Duncan is not a MEGA scorer...and won't be against us, at least not as a scoring average for the series.

Tim in Playoffs (16 games): 23.2/11.1/3.1/3.3 in 36.7 minutes per game

Bron in Playoffs (16 games): 25.8/8.3/8.3/0.5 in 45.1 minutes per game

Per 48 minutes, Tim is outscoring LeBron 30.3 to 27.4 in the playoffs.

btw, every other player that has a higher Per 48 than Tim left the playoffs in the first round, except for Amare.

It would be unwise to discredit Tim as a scorer.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 12:59 PM
God i cant wait untill Thursday.

I really cannot fathom how these cavs fans heads got so big over 1 series.

You are in the east man...the EAST.

if you have at least a .500 record you are considered top tier. You beat no one of any actual significance in the playoffs. You could maybe say detroit, but they were playing no where near the caliber of basketball they are capable of.

please stop with the bullshit...seriously.

hater
06-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Tim in Playoffs (16 games): 23.2/11.1/3.1/3.3 in 36.7 minutes per game

Bron in Playoffs (16 games): 25.8/8.3/8.3/0.5 in 45.1 minutes per game

Per 48 minutes, Tim is outscoring LeBron 30.3 to 27.4 in the playoffs.

:owned

duncan228
06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Not referring to the team, obviously they will be doing their homework. I'm referring to the fans.

Spurs fans, like Cavs/Mavs/Nuggets/Suns/Jazz fans will say what they want.

But history has proven that Spurs fans will be right.

And you better believe this team is prepared for your wonder-boy.

It takes five.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
like who?

I wouldn't call Tayshaun Prince exceptional however he pretty made him insignificant in that series. The mere fact that somebody on the other end has to guard Lebron means that they have got to be focused entirely on defense and it limits what they can do offensively. I wouldn't call that great defense, although Lebron has played very good defense and used his athleticism to make some big plays. I would say that Lebron is playing his best basketball of his young career in these playoffs, and he's already beaten a team with four legit scorers and good defense by and large by himself, so who's to say he can't do the same thing against a team with three legit stars as well?

MisterWhodat
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Duncan doesn't have to score to push his team

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:03 PM
The mere fact that somebody on the other end has to guard Lebron means that they have got to be focused entirely on defense and it limits what they can do offensively.

Sir, id like you to meet bruce bowen. He is on our team solely for his defense.

sandman
06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't call Tayshaun Prince exceptional however he pretty made him insignificant in that series.

I would say that Lebron is playing his best basketball of his young career in these playoffs

Enough said

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 01:05 PM
like who?
If you watched they played lebron on kidd and billups extensively inthe second half. Lebron also did a great job guarding VC, Richard Jeferson, and Richard Hamilton. Lebron has been guarding a variety of scorers this post season and shutting them down. :madrun

duncan228
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
If you watched they played lebron on kidd and billups extensively inthe second half. Lebron also did a great job guarding VC, Richard Jeferson, and Richard Hamilton. Lebron has been guarding a variety of scorers this post season and shutting them down. :madrun

EAST EAST EAST :bang

wildbill2u
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Better defense? Remember that the Spurs punked out the Suns whose offense punked your Cavs in the regular season.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Cav's fans. You truly are failing to realise one very very VERY important factor.

YOU PLAY BASKETBALL IN THE EAST

It is like the JV league. There really isnt any competition there, im sorry to break it to you. Regardless of how much the media wants this to be the show of the century, lebron against the world..etc...you just really aren't in the same league.

What is going to happen come thursday, when your team gets put back down to earth with a blow out 110 to 84 or something along those lines...

Im curious what the excuses might be.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Sir, id like you to meet bruce bowen. He is on our team solely for his defense.

In your opinion, do you think the Spurs will put Bowen on Lebron?

hater
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM

of course they will. then they will double and triple if needed.

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Come on guys, let the Cavs fans have their fun.

Really... why do we care?

We know that Manu, Tim and Tony > Lebron. Why try to convince CavFan? The Spurs will teach them soon enough.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Better defense? Remember that the Spurs punked out the Suns whose offense punked your Cavs in the regular season.

Hey clown, you are comparing common opponents when direct matchups are what determines games. First, Phoenix could beat alot of teams just by the way they get up and down the court, it makes them a bad matchup for any team. Second, don't flatter yourself, San Antonio got through that series as soon as the suspensions were handed down, it wasn't because they shut down the Suns offense.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Of course they will put bowen on lebron. I also think you will see a lot more traps (Jwill last series) to get him to pick up his dribble and pass the ball. We are also very good about closing out on the threepoint line (ask phoenix) so dont expect that all your players will be able to just stand around out on the perimeter and get open looks. That doesn't happen often against the spurs.

The spurs are a very very talented defensive team. I know you guys are high on the fact that lebron torched detroit, but detroit played D league defense for the majority of the last series. Don't expect even close to that this series. I expect lebron to get his 20 to 30 pts a game. He is a great player and i think the spurs expect it too. I DONT expect many other people to be there to contribute though, the spurs defense will lock up the other options fairly tightly, and put lebron to the test to deliver...Once again, i dont see 1 player beating a very talented spurs team.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
EAST EAST EAST :bang

Many of you have an East complex. ANY team in ANY sports, and year, that makes to the champioship series or game IS legitimate and CAN beat the other team. :king

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Cav's fans. You truly are failing to realise one very very VERY important factor.

YOU PLAY BASKETBALL IN THE EAST

It is like the JV league. There really isnt any competition there, im sorry to break it to you. Regardless of how much the media wants this to be the show of the century, lebron against the world..etc...you just really aren't in the same league.

What is going to happen come thursday, when your team gets put back down to earth with a blow out 110 to 84 or something along those lines...

Im curious what the excuses might be.

Hey clown, the East won it all last season, not the West. Enough said.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey clown, you are comparing common opponents when direct matchups are what determines games. First, Phoenix could beat alot of teams just by the way they get up and down the court, it makes them a bad matchup for any team. Second, don't flatter yourself, San Antonio got through that series as soon as the suspensions were handed down, it wasn't because they shut down the Suns offense.

hey...just fyi, cause i know you are new to the playoffs, but a team has to win 4 games to advance.

If i remember correctly, the suspensions were only 1 game. And correct me if im wrong here, but i think the spurs allowed phoenix over 100pts a game, and still out scored them...

pigeonhole it all you want if it makes you feel better though.

easjer

Yes. Bowen will be on LeBron. Finley will split some time on him as well.

Will Bruce stop LeBron? No. Will he frustrate him and irritate him? Yes. If things go very well for Bruce, then he will harass LeBron out of his favorite spots and urge him inside where the help defense can rotate more easily.

Regardless, I can guarantee that there won't be people standing under the basket watching Bruce chase LeBron and then watching LeBron make an easy uncontested layup. Pop won't stand for it.

Again - the Spurs play team defense. No one person will shut down LeBron, but there will be enough people actively involved to make him earn his points. And we can shut down the rest of the team.

BWJACKETS
Many of you have an East complex. ANY team in ANY sports, and year, that makes to the champioship series or game IS legitimate and CAN beat the other team. :king

Yeah, any time they hear what they dont want to hear, they just block it all out like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. It's their magic word, "EAST! EAST! EAST!" LOL

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey clown, the East won it all last season, not the West. Enough said.

rofl...i call a "championship" team who got sweeped out of hte first round the following year...a fluke...thats just me though.

good luck...ill be here waiting for your excuse after a game 1 blow out.

O-Factor
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Its pretty unanamous down here in Texas the series is going 4, maybe 5 games and 4th title for the spurs

hater
06-05-2007, 01:24 PM

anything is possible but odds are heavily on Spurs side
Vegas odds:
Spurs win 1/4

Cleveland win 4/1

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Of course they will put bowen on lebron. I also think you will see a lot more traps (Jwill last series) to get him to pick up his dribble and pass the ball. We are also very good about closing out on the threepoint line (ask phoenix) so dont expect that all your players will be able to just stand around out on the perimeter and get open looks. That doesn't happen often against the spurs.

The spurs are a very very talented defensive team. I know you guys are high on the fact that lebron torched detroit, but detroit played D league defense for the majority of the last series. Don't expect even close to that this series. I expect lebron to get his 20 to 30 pts a game. He is a great player and i think the spurs expect it too. I DONT expect many other people to be there to contribute though, the spurs defense will lock up the other options fairly tightly, and put lebron to the test to deliver...Once again, i dont see 1 player beating a very talented spurs team.

And we don't play D, And Z and Gooden won't hit any jumpers, we won't get any of the offensive rebounds that we're tops in the league for and.....and....and...and...and oberto is not going to get eaten alive by whoever he guards. :donkey

hater
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
And we don't play D, And Z and Gooden won't hit any jumpers, we won't get any of the offensive rebounds that we're tops in the league for and.....and....and...and...and oberto is not going to get eaten alive by whoever he guards. :donkey

Oberto is pretty good Defender. I guarantee he will not get eaten alive, unless he guard Lebron. :D

easjer
06-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Sure.

But the conference that you play in is shit. You cut your teeth on piss poor opponets.

Any team out of the Western playoffs would have won your conference.

The point is that you had 1 bye series, 1 meh series in which you performed like shit and 1 series in which LeBron played very well for 3 games and the entirety of the opposing team played like shit.

To pretend that this is somehow preparation for one of the best teams in the league (and many people are saying this group is the best variation of the Spurs championship incarnations) is hopeful at best.

The Spurs regularly played much more difficult teams and ended with a better record. We played much more difficult series (and whatever you want to say about Pheonix, we still beat them 3 other times and they were incapable of forcing a 7th game, so let it go) and are playing the most cohesive ball they've played in 2 seasons.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:27 PM
It'll be great to see all of you cav's fans fall back down to earth friday morning.

I hope it is at least a competition though. Blowout games are boring.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:32 PM
rofl...i call a "championship" team who got sweeped out of hte first round the following year...a fluke...thats just me though.

good luck...ill be here waiting for your excuse after a game 1 blow out.

Oh, it was a fluke huh? What about the Pistons beating the Lakers? If I'm not mistaken, there were "flukes" two out of the last three years then? The East may have been dominated in the Post-Jordan Era however let's not make any mistakes about it, two of the last three series' were dominated by Eastern Conference teams who were given little to no shot of taking home the hardware, and the one series win by San Antonio came down to the bounce of the ball in that one, it was that close.

I'm not one for making up excuses, I'm just going to say right now that game 1 is one game, not seven. And in any event, the Spurs will not win any game via blowout, sorry it just isn't going to happen. Cavs came back from down 2-0 so you can't count them out under any circumstances. SA will not win any games in Cleveland in this series so hopefully you win all your home games.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:34 PM
SA will not win any games in Cleveland in this series so hopefully you win all your home games.

:smchode:

easjer
06-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not one for making up excuses, I'm just going to say right now that game 1 is one game, not seven. And in any event, the Spurs will not win any game via blowout, sorry it just isn't going to happen. Cavs came back from down 2-0 so you can't count them out under any circumstances. SA will not win any games in Cleveland in this series so hopefully you win all your home games.

Well, see, that is where you are wrong. If we can win in Denver, Pheonix and fucking Utah, we sure as flying fuck can win in Cleveland.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Yes, last season's NBA Champion was from the Eastern Conference, but only by virtue of Stern gangraping the Spurs in the conference semis.

2006 NBA Champion Miami Heat*

*Spurs screwed by refs in games 2,3,4 of wcsf (coincidentally all mavs wins, hmmm), Bavetta + Nowitzki = <3, Javie + Cuban = <3, Ginobili is stupid, no-call on the Duncan putback at the game 7 regulation buzzer

Really, I could put 30 asterisks on the Miami Heat's trophy last year. The fact that they won doesn't make East team's like the Cavs any better.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, see, that is where you are wrong. If we can win in Denver, Pheonix and fucking Utah, we sure as flying fuck can win in Cleveland.

Well, see, that is where you are wrong. Cavs have lost once at home in the playoffs, they aren't going to lose at home. Also, on a side note, if your team ever was to win in Cleveland (not likely), we would have an angry mob outside the arena ready to mug your whole team.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Its pretty unanamous down here in Texas the series is going 4, maybe 5 games and 4th title for the spurs

I would laugh any of my friends into the ground that called out sweep championship series, whether they were talking about the home team or not. This East vs. West stuff is B.S. anyways. The real line drwan nowadays is run and gun teams vs. defensive teams. All the hype during the regular season is the run and gun teams, but who is usually left? The half-court, defensive teams. S.A., Utah, Detroit, and Cleveland. :king

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, see, that is where you are wrong. Cavs have lost once at home in the playoffs, they aren't going to lose at home. Also, on a side note, if your team ever was to win in Cleveland (not likely), we would have an angry mob outside the arena ready to mug your whole team.

Classy. Threatening to harm people always scores you points. :rolleyes

BTW, we don't really need to win in Cleveland to win the series, but we won in Denver twice, Pheonix twice, and Utah once. I don't think the Spurs are scared of playing in Cleveland.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes, last season's NBA Champion was from the Eastern Conference, but only by virtue of Stern gangraping the Spurs in the conference semis.

2006 NBA Champion Miami Heat*

*Spurs screwed by refs in games 2,3,4 of wcsf (coincidentally all mavs wins, hmmm), Bavetta + Nowitzki = <3, Javie + Cuban = <3, Ginobili is stupid, no-call on the Duncan putback at the game 7 regulation buzzer

Really, I could put 30 asterisks on the Miami Heat's trophy last year. The fact that they won doesn't make East team's like the Cavs any better.

OHHHHH HAHAHA....so there it is. For a second there, I thought Spurs fans were above all of the complaining about the refs. Sorry but if Dallas had made it to play you guys the Spurs wouldn't even be in the Finals.

Last time I checked, last season and two out of the last three years the best from the East has beaten the best from the West. So you can shut your mouth.

easjer
06-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Funny. Jazz had a perfect home record in the playoffs.

Worked out well for them.

And mugging our team? :rolleyes

First, VERY mature. Second, it's not like Pheonix and Utah weren't throwing shit at our team and calling bomb threats into the hotel. It's classless to do and equally classless to threaten.

Soul_Patch
06-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I would laugh any of my friends into the ground that called out sweep championship series, whether they were talking about the home team or not. This East vs. West stuff is B.S. anyways. The real line drwan nowadays is run and gun teams vs. defensive teams. All the hype during the regular season is the run and gun teams, but who is usually left? The half-court, defensive teams. S.A., Utah, Detroit, and Cleveland. :king

I would normally laugh my friends into the ground as well. But this is the cleveland cavaliers we are talking about here. C'mon, its not really that unlikely is it?

:ihit

sandman
06-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Defense is always going to be tighter during the playoffs which results in lower scores and FG%. The three teams the Spurs played scored 9 points below their regular season average during the playoffs. The Cavs opponents scored 8.2 points below. Both groups of opponents had a FG% that was 2.5% lower than the regular season. It would seem that any defensive comparisons would be a wash.

What I find interesting (considering that scoring is down in the playoffs) is that the Spurs' points per game and FG% have been fairly consistent with the regular season (down .6 points and 1.1%, respectively), but the Cavs' points per game and FG% are down (down 5.9 points and 2%, respectively).

It is also interesting to note that the 3-pt FG% for the Spurs has improved in the playoffs, whereas the Cavs 3-pt FG% has decreased.

This series may not be about defense at all, but rather about which team can still execute their offense without improvisations or miracles.

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Last time I checked, last season and two out of the last three years the best from the East has beaten the best from the West. So you can shut your mouth.

2 times in the last 8 years the East has won... WOOT!

coincidentally, no Eastern team has ever beaten the Spurs in the Playoffs.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Vegas odds:
Spurs win 1/4

Cleveland win 4/1

That's a pretty good bet actullay! Better than alot I've seen... :toast

sandman
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM

I can't wait to meet you on Thursday and finally hear you drop f-bomb adjectives like this in person. :lol

twentyone
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Yah we won because Horry was suspended in game 6 when the Suns were full strength! -or- did you mean that they had no spine and decided to lay down because they had lost game 5 unjustly?

Saying the Pistons were an offensive juggernaut that got shut down isn't exactly true either is it? The Suns were an offensive juggernaut that got shut down.

sandman
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
we would have an angry mob outside the arena ready to mug your whole team.

I'm sure Pop already was prepared for that, even with a Cavs win...

J.T.
06-05-2007, 01:52 PM
OHHHHH HAHAHA....so there it is. For a second there, I thought Spurs fans were above all of the complaining about the refs. Sorry but if Dallas had made it to play you guys the Spurs wouldn't even be in the Finals.

I think I know bullshit officiating when I see it. It's not everyday your franchise player fouls out of a game because someone from the other team stepped on his foot.

And you really need to brush up on your NBA factoids a little bit if you are going to try and talk shit to the team that is about to bust your team's Final's cherry in seven different pieces on Thursday. The East has 2 of the last 3, sure. But why don't you dig a little deeper. The West has 6 of the last 8. Go fuck yourself sideways while you sit on the toilet and gain more NBA wisdom from the SportsCenter reruns you TiVo'd.

Do you think "2 of the last 3" helps your team any when they just cake walked to the Finals? "2 out of 3" is the odds any playoff team in the East had at making the Finals with the Cavs opponents. This Cavs team couldn't win the NCAA Championship, much less beat the Spurs for the NBA Championship. What a fucking joke.

You're probably right. The Spurs will probably go up by 50 at half, then play Beno 1 on 5 against the Cavs the entire second half and only end up winning the game by 6.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Funny. Jazz had a perfect home record in the playoffs.

Worked out well for them.

And mugging our team? :rolleyes

First, VERY mature. Second, it's not like Pheonix and Utah weren't throwing shit at our team and calling bomb threats into the hotel. It's classless to do and equally classless to threaten.

Hey, I'm not making any threats. I was just downtown on saturday and saw how crazy everybody was going over the ECF closeout game outside the arena and how there weren't enough cops and I thought out loud, "Wow, if these people wanted to they could storm the building and there wouldn't be a damn thing anybody could do about it." As things were, I saw a stop sign pulled out of the ground by a mob of people and carried away, as well as a fight or two breaking out between Cav and Pistons fans. Just an observation on my part, there were some pretty rowdy people down there.

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 01:56 PM
You're probably right. The Spurs will probably go up by 50 at half, then play Beno 1 on 5 against the Cavs the entire second half and only end up winning the game by 6.

Oh, come on! It will be Beno, Bonner, Vaughn, Elson and Barry.

:toast

easjer
06-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I can't wait to meet you on Thursday and finally hear you drop f-bomb adjectives like this in person. :lol
:oops

I curse A LOT, particularly when talking about the Spurs.

At least you are forewarned. :lol

J.T.
06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, come on! It will be Beno, Bonner, Vaughn, Elson and Barry.

:toast

That lineup could still torch everyone on Cleveland but James. Playing Beno 1 on 5 is much more fair and sportsman like. But since we are the bad boys now I don't see why gangraping them with our third string is such a bad idea.

sandman
06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey, I'm not making any threats. I was just downtown on saturday and saw how crazy everybody was going over the ECF closeout game outside the arena and how there weren't enough cops and I thought out loud, "Wow, if these people wanted to they could storm the building and there wouldn't be a damn thing anybody could do about it." As things were, I saw a stop sign pulled out of the ground by a mob of people and carried away, as well as a fight or two breaking out between Cav and Pistons fans. Just an observation on my part, there were some pretty rowdy people down there.

I'm sure the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce is hustling to get this endorsement on their web site

ambchang
06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
On the other hand, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili cannot lead, improvise nor score.

duncan228
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
On the other hand, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili cannot lead, improvise nor score.

Haven't you heard? It's all about :worthy: LeBron now! :lmao

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I think I know bullshit officiating when I see it. It's not everyday your franchise player fouls out of a game because someone from the other team stepped on his foot.

And you really need to brush up on your NBA factoids a little bit if you are going to try and talk shit to the team that is about to bust your team's Final's cherry in seven different pieces on Thursday. The East has 2 of the last 3, sure. But why don't you dig a little deeper. The West has 6 of the last 8. Go fuck yourself sideways while you sit on the toilet and gain more NBA wisdom from the SportsCenter reruns you TiVo'd.

Do you think "2 of the last 3" helps your team any when they just cake walked to the Finals? "2 out of 3" is the odds any playoff team in the East had at making the Finals with the Cavs opponents. This Cavs team couldn't win the NCAA Championship, much less beat the Spurs for the NBA Championship. What a fucking joke.

Dude, you are a joke. First you come up with some weak excuses as to why you lost last season. Second, you can't even admit to yourself that an "inferior" team from the East could actually win it all, when in fact it's happened two of the last three years! Just because you are from the West doesn't mean your team is entitled to anything. And obviously I did dig deeper because in my original post I noted that the West dominated the Post-Jordan Era until the Pistons beat the Lakers, obviously you are an idiot that either can't read or can't judge anything without a heavy bias.

Hey, whatever, say what you are going to say and give the Cavs no respect. Nobody else has and they have all eaten their words, boy it must taste pretty good. It just shows how unintelligent you are. You can take your weak floppers Ginobli and Parker, talk all about the greatness of Tim Duncan and how the Cavs don't belong on the same court with them, how the Cavs can't possibly score with them, blah blah blah, I've heard it all before.

Well guess what? The supposedly superior Pistons team had it's players running around saying "WTF? What happened? I thought these guys weren't supposed to be any good? Why are we playing like crap?" What happened? They came out and got punched right in the mouth, that's what happened. And that is what's going to happen throughout this series, no way the Spurs match the intensity of the Cavs and no way they keep up defensively. Lebron is going to ball out in the Finals, anybody you put on him will be a mismatch and Gibson is going to hit his shots as well when your backcourt sucks in to help out. San Antonio is a great team but nobody is in awe and nobody is going to lie down for them, let's see what ya got.

easjer
06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, NO ONE with Sideshow Bob on their team gets to say ONE goddamned word about flopping.

easjer
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
And further, please explain to me how your team will stop penetration from Tony and Manu. I'm serious. Tell me how it will happen, remembering that both Tony and Manu can pass out of a crowd, that Oberto is great with backdoor cuts and that Tony, Manu, Bruce, Finley, Barry can consistently hit from outside (and that we have others, Duncan and Oberto who can reliably hit from mid-range).

Tell me how you will do it instead of continuing to tell me you will. You are Coach Brown. Spell it out.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Lebron in the open floor....ohh...on duncan's head again. Just tell Ginobli to watch his cheap feet. That'll be a quick ticket out of the series for him. :king

J.T.
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Aside: Did I just see (2) Cavs fan misspell "Ginobili" and then call Tony a flopper? I'm pretty sure for every one time that Tony legitimately flops, he gets slammed to the hardwood by defenders in the lane ten times.

Your "2 of the last 3" is the only leg you have to stand on right now, unless you want to include that half of a stump when you said the Cavs play better D than the Spurs :lmao

This is funnier than the time I got really baked and watched the ATHF movie.

sandman
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
And obviously I did dig deeper because in my original post I noted that the West dominated the post-jordan era

Dug deep for that one, did you? Nuggets like that one don't just pop off the front page of ESPN, do they?

Fact: only the 04 and 05 Pistons were realistically thought of as Eastern Conference teams that should have won titles, and only one did. Miami got lucky, which is proven by their first round exit this year with essentially the same team.

Just because YOUR team made it out of the East doesn't automatically validate them as a jugernaut, because recent history shows the East as being a weaker conference. I doubt you would be on here making these same arguments if the Cavs were not in the Finals.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Seriously, the Miami Heat does not win that trophy without Wade selling his soul to Stern for a record amount of FTA in the series.

What am I saying the Mavs fucking choked.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Not that I am saying it's going to be an easy series, because I think any finals should be tough just by definition, but your logic is just deplorable.
You continued to mention how overwhelmingly dominant Lebron is (which I do not argue), but dismiss the same for Duncan. Is Duncan not dominant during this playoff run?
Why would you say the Cavs are playing better defense than the Spurs? True the #s are better in the playoffs, but I would say that a defense will always look better when playing the Wizards (sans Arenas and Butler), Nets (with a hobbling Kidd), and the Pistons vs. playing the Nuggets, Suns and Jazz, all three of which averaged more than 100 ppg in the regular season.
Finally, Mike Brown knows the Spurs playbook, big surprise! Where do you think he got it from? You got that right, the Spurs! So you are saying the Spurs wouldn’t know the Cavs playbook?
If the Cavs win in 5, it would indeed by a shock to the world.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Dug deep for that one, did you? Nuggets like that one don't just pop off the front page of ESPN, do they?

Fact: only the 04 and 05 Pistons were realistically thought of as Eastern Conference teams that should have won titles, and only one did. Miami got lucky, which is proven by their first round exit this year with essentially the same team.

Just because YOUR team made it out of the East doesn't automatically validate them as a jugernaut, because recent history shows the East as being a weaker conference. I doubt you would be on here making these same arguments if the Cavs were not in the Finals.

"LUCK?", and who decides what is luck, you KATY? Who said Miami wasn't thought of as a legit title contender? you? I think Miami won and that's all there is too it. Have you ever heard "Act like you've been ther before?" . Probably not much of an athlete either, were you, you weren't lucky? huh?
Miami won, period. :sleep

Sec24Row7
06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
If you want to know who belongs here and who doesnt just watch tape of the end of the Utah Series...

How much Jumping up and down did you see our players do?

How excited did they look?

I would be really scared if Lebron would have just accepted the Trophy and glumly walked off the floor...

Like Duncan and the Spurs

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
And further, please explain to me how your team will stop penetration from Tony and Manu. I'm serious. Tell me how it will happen, remembering that both Tony and Manu can pass out of a crowd, that Oberto is great with backdoor cuts and that Tony, Manu, Bruce, Finley, Barry can consistently hit from outside (and that we have others, Duncan and Oberto who can reliably hit from mid-range).

Tell me how you will do it instead of continuing to tell me you will. You are Coach Brown. Spell it out.

Here is how they do it. Z/Varajao on Duncan, Gooden helps out. Hughes on Manu, Gibson on Parker. Cleveland's backcourt will be responsible for slowing their initial move to the basket, contesting jumpers and blocking the passing lanes, ripping the ball away when the ball is loose, other than that it will be up to our big men to contest shots and grab rebounds. The fact that Cleveland has a deciding size advantage across the board will give them an edge in rebounds so San Antonio's ability to score without turning the ball over will be at a premium.

And let's not forget, Varajao is the best in the league at drawing offensive fouls so Parker an Ginobili will have to actually think before rushing in, Varajao's footwork in keeping himself between the driving offensive player and the basket will keep these two off-balance.

It isn't rocket science, you get your players to play hard and play smart defensively, Mike Brown has turned this team into a very formidable defensive team. Case in point, just look at how they smothered Chauncey Billups, who if I am not mistaken had the best assist-to-turnover ratio of any PG in the league this season until he ran into the Cavs, where he had way more turnovers than assists. Cleveland has played championship-caliber defense last postseason and this year, last season they didn't have the scorers to compliment Lebron with however that has changed quickly and they haven't lost a beat on the defensive end.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Cavs fan is fooling himself thinking Daniel Gibson is the Pippen to Lebron's Jordan. :lmao

Or that anyone on his team's roster deserves to wear a finals patch other than James.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM

GTFO.
I think the guy is alluding to how much research he has done on the Spurs, how Spurs fans expecting the Spurs winning the series is over confident, yet him/her expecting the Cavs to win is perfectly legit, how dominant Lebron is, and how insignificant Duncan, Parker and Manu are, how Varejao is great at taking charges, yet Manu is just a flopper, how unbelievably dominating the Cavs defense is, and how pedestrial the Spurs defense is.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Tony Parker is probably sitting at his cpu right now reading this shit while getting head from Eva and laughing at the fact that some douches from Ohio think a kid named "boobie" is going to stop him.

I also believe Manu just owned Raja Bell and AK47...now he has to play against...LARRY HUGHES?! THE MANU STOPPER!

Oh my god this Finals is scaring the shit out of me, I hope I don't run out of Bounty.

ambchang
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah, any time they hear what they dont want to hear, they just block it all out like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. It's their magic word, "EAST! EAST! EAST!" LOL

Yeah, any time they hear what they dont want to hear, they just block it all out like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand. It's their magic word, "LEBRON! LEBRON! LEBRON!" LOL

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Cavs fan is fooling himself thinking Daniel Gibson is the Pippen to Lebron's Jordan. :lmao

Or that anyone on his team's roster deserves to wear a finals patch other than James.

We'll see about this walk in the park you think the spurs are going to do against the perimeter cavs D. I got you Pippen :elephant . I 'll take the cavs perimeter defense over your beloved spurs.

duncan228
06-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I think the guy is alluding to how much research he has done on the Spurs, how Spurs fans expecting the Spurs winning the series is over confident, yet him/her expecting the Cavs to win is perfectly legit, how dominant Lebron is, and how insignificant Duncan, Parker and Manu are, how Varejao is great at taking charges, yet Manu is just a flopper, how unbelievably dominating the Cavs defense is, and how pedestrial the Spurs defense is.

Yeah, the usual trash we get from every team we've played fans.

It's frustrating when they obviously haven't watched the Spurs play more than a couple of times if at all.

I don't mind educated smack, I don't mind being 100% behind your team.

It's the complete disregard for the Spurs that gets me :dizzy .

Hell, Spurs fans have acknowledged how good LeBron is and have given the Cavs props for getting here. I just don't see much mutual respect from most Cavs fans.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me. I've been here long enough to see them all come and go. Maybe I'm just cranky today! :lol

ambchang
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow! Thanks for the enlightenment. So the Cavs have lost once in the playoffs, and it shows that they aren't going to lose at home! I mean, the Spurs won almost 60 games this season, they can't be beat!

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Bottom line is this- come thursday, all of you will be eating your words. The Cavs are heated right now. Lebron has said that he is "more focused than I ever have been in my entire life." The Lakers were pretty dominant for a couple years in a row until the unheralded Pistons came out and punched them right in the mouth. Cavs are going to come out swinging, they are ready to take on the "Big Bad Wolf of the West."

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, the usual trash we get from every team we've played fans.

It's frustrating when they obviously haven't watched the Spurs play more than a couple of times if at all.

I don't mind educated smack, I don't mind being 100% behind your team.

It's the complete disregard for the Spurs that gets me :dizzy .

Hell, Spurs fans have acknowledged how good LeBron is and have given the Cavs props for getting here. I just don't see much mutual respect from most Cavs fans.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me. I've been here long enough to see them all come and go. Maybe I'm just cranky today! :lol

I think Cleveland will win. What you haven't seen me say is "Cavs in 5" or something stupid like that. I am just going to say that as this season plays out I think you will see Cleveland establish control through better defense, better intensity, controlling the boards, and the greatness of Lebron. Tim Duncan is great too but the size of the Cavaliers will lessen the impact that he can have on this game. As I've said, it is the matchups that make ballgames and Cleveland matches up well. Not disregarding the Spurs, just saying that this team is not going to be able to match the intensity of a young, hungry team that really brings it on defense and has in my opinion the premier player in the league.

ambchang
Bottom line is this- come thursday, all of you will be eating your words. The Cavs are heated right now. Lebron has said that he is "more focused than I ever have been in my entire life." The Lakers were pretty dominant for a couple years in a row until the unheralded Pistons came out and punched them right in the mouth. Cavs are going to come out swinging, they are ready to take on the "Big Bad Wolf of the West."

Which Thursday? This Thursday? Isn't that like Game 1? Have we changed it to the superbowl format now? Or do you mean Lebron will dunk on Duncan, showing how much more dominant he is?

sandman
"LUCK?", and who decides what is luck, you KATY? Who said Miami wasn't thought of as a legit title contender? you? I think Miami won and that's all there is too it. Have you ever heard "Act like you've been ther before?" . Probably not much of an athlete either, were you, you weren't lucky? huh?
Miami won, period. :sleep

I'm Greg, not Katy. Katy is the town I live in. Famous for Roger Clemens and Rene Zellweiger. :spin As far as being an athlete goes, I was fortunate enough to play ball though college a long, long time ago, but I am not sure how that fits into the context of the conversation. If you are referring to understanding that sometimes you get lucky, I never mistook luck for talent, because I had much more luck than talent on my side.

I never argued that Miami won. The are the current reigning champions, if just for the next few weeks. However, going into that series, you could not find one oddsmaker, insider, journalist or knowledgable fan of the game who did not consider Dallas the overwhelming favorite in the series. The Heat pulled a legitimate upset, but they were in no way, shape or form thought of as the favorite in that series. In fact, talk today regarding that series is mainly concentrated around how the Mavs lost, and like my point earlier, the humiliating first round exit for the Heat lends credibility to those conversations.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about acting like we have been here before. Cavs fans are being awfully brash in their predictions of domination for never having been to a Finals before. Spurs fans are exuding a confidence in their team that is proven by a successful track record. You are on the wrong board if you are looking for posts that toss LeBron's salad.

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Here is how they do it. Z/Varajao[sic] on Duncan, Gooden helps out. Hughes on Manu, Gibson on Parker. Cleveland's backcourt will be responsible for slowing their initial move to the basket, contesting jumpers and blocking the passing lanes, ripping the ball away when the ball is loose, other than that it will be up to our big men to contest shots and grab rebounds. The fact that Cleveland has a deciding size advantage across the board will give them an edge in rebounds so San Antonio's ability to score without turning the ball over will be at a premium.

And let's not forget, Varajao[sic] is the best in the league at drawing offensive fouls so Parker an Ginobili will have to actually think before rushing in, Varajao's footwork in keeping himself between the driving offensive player and the basket will keep these two off-balance.
Duncan > Ilgauskas/Varejao

Manu > Hughes
Tony > Gooden

Great that Varejao is good at drawing fouls, too bad he shoots 53% FTs! :lol

OMG, I'm just looking at the Cavs roster wondering how bad the Spurs will have to suck to lose one game.

So, you double Timmy, he kicks it out to one of the Spurs' many outside shooters. (38.7% 3 pointers).

Still, I give you props for making actual points. Look forward to hearing from you later in the series.

For the record, I think the Cavs have great potential once they find a consistent second scorer to help out Lebron. And this Finals experience, even though they will lose, will be invaluable. Cavs are the new Kings of the East, no doubt.

Nathan Explosion
06-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Parker would torch Gibson, and Gino the same with Hughes' bad foot. Paker's been torching bigger defenders as well, so that leaves the Hughes option out.

When the shotblockers come, that leaves Duncan and Oberto open under the rim. What Cavs fans forget to mention is that Parker and Gino are great at passing the ball in traffic when the shotblocker comes. Unlike most teams, the Spurs don't try to force shots up, they pass when the pass is there.

If the help defender has to come over to stop Parker and Gino, then that makes things easier for Duncan and Oberto because they will clean up with chip shots at the rim. If the Cavs stay at home on the bigs, it will be a layup fest. Other than Lebron, the Mavs are at a huge disadvantage. Z can't guard Duncan unless he wants to stay on the bench most of the game.

Oberto is a much smarter player than Gooden. I think Lebron will actually agree with that one, or did you all miss it when Lebron was telling Gooden to not try to block a 3 point shot, and to stay on the ground no matter what, followed by Rasheed shooting a 3 as Gooden comes flying through the air to block the shot?

Basketball IQ will go far in this series, and the Spurs have the advantage here as well. Gino and Oberto are very smart players, as are all a lot of the Argentinian players. Duncan is another smart player. Parker is making much better decisions now, and Bowen knows all the tricks and trades.

At this stage of the game, the Spurs own 4 out of 5 matchups, and the bench play as well. Then there's the coaching matchup, or should I say, slaughter. Pop has beaten greats such as Phil, Sloan, and Larry Brown. Mike Brown has beaten who exactly?

In fact, Pop has faced and beaten, George Karl, Mike D'antoni, and Jerry Sloan this season. Mike Brown has faced and beaten Eddie Jordan, Lawrence Frank, and Flip Saunders. How many of those coaches would you consider future Hall of Famers? Pop is the best coach in the league, and Brown, no matter how much he knows Pop, can't compete. Especially considering that Brown can't lean on Pop for advice the way he has all playoffs long.

I say the Spurs in 5, but for other reasons. I want an early birthday present, and Game 5 is on 6/17, while my birthday is 6/20. Also, Game 5 is on Father's Day, which is my first Father's Day ever. So it'd be like a double present if the Spurs win in 5.

J.T.
06-05-2007, 02:50 PM
So right now these are Cavs fans rays of hope for upsetting the Spurs:

*East has won 2 of last 3. Fun fact, the East has also won 2 of the last 8.

*The '04 Pistons upset the Lakers, so that must mean the Cavs will upset the Spurs

*"Cavs D is better than Spurs D" :lmao

*"Boobie" will own Parker :lmao

*Larry Hughes will own Manu :lmao

Did I miss any?

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm Greg, not Katy. Katy is the town I live in. Famous for Roger Clemens and Rene Zellweiger. :spin As far as being an athlete goes, I was fortunate enough to play ball though college a long, long time ago, but I am not sure how that fits into the context of the conversation. If you are referring to understanding that sometimes you get lucky, I never mistook luck for talent, because I had much more luck than talent on my side.

I never argued that Miami won. The are the current reigning champions, if just for the next few weeks. However, going into that series, you could not find one oddsmaker, insider, journalist or knowledgable fan of the game who did not consider Dallas the overwhelming favorite in the series. The Heat pulled a legitimate upset, but they were in no way, shape or form thought of as the favorite in that series. In fact, talk today regarding that series is mainly concentrated around how the Mavs lost, and like my point earlier, the humiliating first round exit for the Heat lends credibility to those conversations.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about acting like we have been here before. Cavs fans are being awfully brash in their predictions of domination for never having been to a Finals before. Spurs fans are exuding a confidence in their team that is proven by a successful track record. You are on the wrong board if you are looking for posts that toss LeBron's salad.

I've not heard any rational, legitimate predications of domination. I said CAVS in 7, and think it will more turn out to be cavs in 7 games and 47 minutes, because its going to come down to the wire in the seventh game, that close.
And you were saying Miami was luck, luck wins less in an nba seven game series than any championship in sports....and all the "experts" whoever they are, will agree on that. :ihit
Sorry, I thought it was Katy, it says it right on the top of your picture :madrun

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
wow, this thread is the epitome of stupid. Now we have some idiot claiming to be from the Virgin Islands saying that his friends think the Spurs will have a hard time with cleveland. Who f'n cares?

Two days until the Spurs take the next big step on the road to 4.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I've not heard any rational, legitimate predications of domination. I said CAVS in 7, and think it will more turn out to be cavs in 7 games and 47 minutes, because its going to come down to the wire in the seventh game, that close.
And you were saying Miami was luck, luck wins less in an nba seven game series than any championship in sports....and all the "experts" whoever they are, will agree on that. :ihit
Sorry, I thought it was Katy, it says it right on the top of your picture :madrun

I don't see Miami or Dallas here. Now you're fucking with the big boys, not the Mavs. Prepare yourself to be very pissed at watching your team struggle to do anything and get beaten.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Parker would torch Gibson, and Gino the same with Hughes' bad foot. Paker's been torching bigger defenders as well, so that leaves the Hughes option out.

When the shotblockers come, that leaves Duncan and Oberto open under the rim. What Cavs fans forget to mention is that Parker and Gino are great at passing the ball in traffic when the shotblocker comes. Unlike most teams, the Spurs don't try to force shots up, they pass when the pass is there.

If the help defender has to come over to stop Parker and Gino, then that makes things easier for Duncan and Oberto because they will clean up with chip shots at the rim. If the Cavs stay at home on the bigs, it will be a layup fest. Other than Lebron, the Mavs are at a huge disadvantage. Z can't guard Duncan unless he wants to stay on the bench most of the game.

Oberto is a much smarter player than Gooden. I think Lebron will actually agree with that one, or did you all miss it when Lebron was telling Gooden to not try to block a 3 point shot, and to stay on the ground no matter what, followed by Rasheed shooting a 3 as Gooden comes flying through the air to block the shot?

Basketball IQ will go far in this series, and the Spurs have the advantage here as well. Gino and Oberto are very smart players, as are all a lot of the Argentinian players. Duncan is another smart player. Parker is making much better decisions now, and Bowen knows all the tricks and trades.

At this stage of the game, the Spurs own 4 out of 5 matchups, and the bench play as well. Then there's the coaching matchup, or should I say, slaughter. Pop has beaten greats such as Phil, Sloan, and Larry Brown. Mike Brown has beaten who exactly?

In fact, Pop has faced and beaten, George Karl, Mike D'antoni, and Jerry Sloan this season. Mike Brown has faced and beaten Eddie Jordan, Lawrence Frank, and Flip Saunders. How many of those coaches would you consider future Hall of Famers? Pop is the best coach in the league, and Brown, no matter how much he knows Pop, can't compete. Especially considering that Brown can't lean on Pop for advice the way he has all playoffs long.

I say the Spurs in 5, but for other reasons. I want an early birthday present, and Game 5 is on 6/17, while my birthday is 6/20. Also, Game 5 is on Father's Day, which is my first Father's Day ever. So it'd be like a double present if the Spurs win in 5.

I can make up great stories too but its not worth my time, joker. watch the game on sunday and see how "scenarios" play out in realty. :king

MadDog73
06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I can make up great stories too but its not worth my time, joker. watch the game on sunday and see how "scenarios" play out in realty. :king

So, are you saying Cavs will win game 1?

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
OMG, I'm just looking at the Cavs roster wondering how bad the Spurs will have to suck to lose one game.

So, you double Timmy, he kicks it out to one of the Spurs' many outside shooters. (38.7% 3 pointers).

Still, I give you props for making actual points. Look forward to hearing from you later in the series.

For the record, I think the Cavs have great potential once they find a consistent second scorer to help out Lebron. And this Finals experience, even though they will lose, will be invaluable. Cavs are the new Kings of the East, no doubt.

Hey MadDog, thanks for the recognition. One note to make though is the top quote "OMG, I'm just looking at the Cavs roster wondering how bad the Spurs will have to suck to lose one game." Just gotta tell you, Pistons fans said the exact same thing, they had all these guys who can knock down shots and play good defense, so when they didn't knock down their shots, when they had shots contested and passes deflected and bodies falling all over the place, they said "Why are our players sucking so bad?" That, my friend, is championship defense. Wouldn't at all be suprised if it goes down the same way in this series as well. San Antonio is going to be forced to match the raw intensity of the Cavaliers.

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
They'll put lebron on ginobli or parker (probably parker in the second half) and just shut him out of any kind of drives completely....Duncan is not a MEGA scorer..

Then Bron can figure on spending a lot of time on the pine because both Tony and Manu know how to get fouled driving the lane.

No Duncan is not a mega scorer? WTF does that mean. I would bet Duncan has more pllayoff games in the high 30s and lo 40s than the King does.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't see Miami or Dallas here. Now you're fucking with the big boys, not the Mavs. Prepare yourself to be very pissed at watching your team struggle to do anything and get beaten.

Its easy to get personal over a computer. joker.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Its easy to get personal over a computer. joker.

I'm not "getting personal", I'm just telling you to prepare yourself for disappointment. It will happen.

my2sons
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM

Really which spur sounds overconfident, because last I checked they are the ones playing the game, lots of CONFIDENT spurs fans, overconfidence, that sounds like cleveland fan. spursfan can look at experience, history and talent to back up their confidence, cleveland fan have a superstar that has shown he puts himself before team with all his I and my quotes and slams it home by taking the trophy even before the owner.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of an idiot comes on here lying about being from the Virgin Islands? Who gives a fuck where you're from?

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 03:11 PM

The Spurs are a very good team, however the Cavs are coming in on a roll and they aren't afraid. Lebron will have the troops marshalled and ready to take on the "Big Bad Wolf of the West." The team will be bringing the heat defensively and Lebron is primed and ready to ball out. Let's see what ya got.

my2sons
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM

don't forget the spurs have been billed as the master of boring, ugly basketball. Hell, they've been accused of it during three nba championship runs. If it goes down to "ugly" basketball I like the spurs chances.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
What kind of an idiot comes on here lying about being from the Virgin Islands? Who gives a fuck where you're from?

Excuse me? that's exactly what I'm talking about, PUNK. I work for the federal government, transfering from the Canadian Border eight months ago!!!
I need you little punk ass calling me a lier over the F$^king computer! You understand that? I have no reason to Lie about being from Akron (Ellet-east side of Akron) or being a federal law enforcement officer hear. I quit lying along time ago. little punk. real class.

duncan228
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Excuse me? that's exactly what I'm talking about, PUNK. I work for the federal government, transfering from the Canadian Border eight months ago!!!
I need you little punk ass calling me a lier over the F$^king computer! You understand that? I have no reason to Lie about being from Akron (Ellet-east side of Akron) or being a federal law enforcement officer hear. I quit lying along time ago. little punk. real class.

Federal Law Officer that can't spell?

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
The only reason I came out with the post from the begining is because I know alot of people who follow the spurs from down here and they think its going to be a great sereis. That's why I said where I lived. J@#kass

sandman
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Well, the Katy who does post here will be really offended, because she is much better looking than I am!

I am a realistic fan and will admit that there are some holes in our team. There are a good number of Cavs posters who have popped up this week who are doing "in depth" analysis that shows the Cavs having the advantage at every position and in every category. They feel that they are the perfect matchup for the Spurs and have absolutely no weakness. You honestly don't expect us to agree with that, do you?

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Federal Law Officer that can't spell?
I'm sure your a regular author, especially when you have punks calling you out as a lier....over the internet...punks I put down in twenty seconds.

duncan228
06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm sure your a regular author, especially when you have punks calling you out as a lier....over the internet...punks I put down in twenty seconds.

Keep trying.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:20 PM
So, are you saying Cavs will win game 1?
No, But they could win, I'm just saying its going to be a very close game and alot of these sound nice predications aren't going to hold up for the game or series. The ONLY thing in stone is Lebron will get his and Duncan will get his.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM

So now you're not just in the Virgin Islands, but are a Federal Law Enforcement Officer from Akron working in the Virgin Islands? So what's next? You're going to tell me you led the charge on Noriega? Were you in the famous picture next to Pablo Escobar's body? Did your grandfather roll along side Elliott Ness as an Untouchable? You're the worst kind of LIAR - a bad one.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:28 PM
LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.
How else do I transfer down here from the mainland? Alot of people down here are either federal workers or beach bartenders, which I'm not. Apologies do happen, even from texas. a#$hole.

sandman
06-05-2007, 03:28 PM
San Antonio is going to be forced to match the raw intensity of the Cavaliers.

IMO for what it is worth, I think the Spurs are going to set the tone for the series. Not saying that the Cavs won't be able to adjust to whatever tone is set, but based on experience I don't think that the Cavs will be the ones controlling the tempo.

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
has in my opinion the premier player in the league.

Would that have more credibility if your guy had one a couple of MVP trophys.

Like Duncan and Nash

Maybe 3 Finals MVP trophys.

Like Duncan.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
How else do I transfer down here from the mainland? Alot of people down here are either federal workers or beach bartenders, which I'm not. Apologies do happen, even from texas. a#$hole.

You've been on here consistently from 10:50 AM to 2:30. Don't you have some drug runners to chase down? :smokin

J.T.
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
No, But they could win, I'm just saying its going to be a very close game and alot of these sound nice predications aren't going to hold up for the game or series. The ONLY thing in stone is Lebron will get his and Duncan will get his.

And Ginobili will get his, Parker will get his, Finley will get his, Oberto will get some gimme points, Horry will probably hipcheck Boobie and get Lebron to come off the bench and get suspended or maybe just drain 3s.

Spurs are not a one man team. Cavs are. Series over.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM

I think the Cavs will win in a closely contested series. I would take the Nets (Kidd/Carter/Jefferson) or Pistons (Chauncey/Rip/Tayshaun) backcourt before the Spurs (Parker/Ginobili/Bowen) anyday, the only difference is the Spurs have Duncan, however Cleveland has the big men to make him work for everything he gets. Lebron will have a much easier time making his initial move to the basket against San Antonio than he ever did against Detroit.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
You've been on here consistently from 10:50 AM to 2:30. Don't you have some drug runners to chase down? :smokin

Like I said easy to call people liars over the internet, you wouldn't in person.
your a real man.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the Cavs will win in a closely contested series. I would take the Nets (Kidd/Carter/Jefferson) or Pistons (Chauncey/Rip/Tayshaun) backcourt before the Spurs (Parker/Ginobili/Bowen) anyday, the only difference is the Spurs have Duncan, however Cleveland has the big men to make him work for everything he gets. Lebron will have a much easier time making his initial move to the basket against San Antonio than he ever did against Detroit.
Your still here? Saying you would take the Nets backcourt over the SPurs makes you not only a huge fucking retard, but maybe the dumbest poster to ever grace Spurstalk

mardigan
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Like I said easy to call people liars over the internet, you wouldn't in person.
your a real man.
Liar

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Your still here? Saying you would take the Nets backcourt over the SPurs makes you not only a huge fucking retard, but maybe the dumbest poster to ever grace Spurstalk

Yes, I would. The Net's three with Duncan vs. SA's three with Duncan? No contest. Stay Classy San Antonio.

PS - Saw this on ESPN, I haven't seen anybody mention this analysis but I'll post it and let anybody who wants to read it for themselves: Cavs - Spurs Observations (ESPN Truehoops) (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-25-10/Tale-of-the-Tape--LeBron-James-vs--the-Spurs.html?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

mardigan
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, I would. The Net's three with Duncan vs. SA's three with Duncan? No contest. Stay Classy San Antonio.
Stay dumb as fuck CLeveland. I bet you would take Brady Quinn over Tom Brady too wouldnt you? Dumb fuck

sandman
06-05-2007, 03:43 PM

You changed the comparison to include Duncan. That negates the original argument. Duncan would make any 3 perimeter players look better.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:43 PM
your a real man.

In person I wouldn't have to call you a liar because you'd never tell lies about being in the Virgin Islands and being a Federal Agent to me if I knew you.

Like I said, shouldn't you be out chasing the :smokin

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Sure sounded like a threat to me.

But why am I not surprised. We have played teams before with a bunch of classless fans. All you have to do is look at the last game played in Utah. IIRC, the Spurs went on to stomp their asses the next game.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Stay dumb as fuck CLeveland. I bet you would take Brady Quinn over Tom Brady too wouldnt you? Dumb fuck

I'll say it again, stay classy San Antonio. You really give your people a bad name. Hey buddy, for reference, it is "I'll bet you", not "I bet you". And for your information, no I wouldn't take Brady Quinn over Tom Brady. I'll bet you would vote for George Bush again though, wouldn't you?

PS - no need for swearing, it just reflects on yourself poorly, especially when I choose not to lower myself to your level.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:48 PM

PS - Saw this on ESPN, I haven't seen anybody mention this analysis but I'll post it and let anybody who wants to read it for themselves: Cavs - Spurs Observations (ESPN Truehoops) (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-25-10/Tale-of-the-Tape--LeBron-James-vs--the-Spurs.html?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

Someone already posted that, and what the article didn't tell you is that Matt Bonner and Beno Udrih were getting double digit minutes (Bonner actually over 20) a game in those two games. Also, the 1st game came on the next night after a win in Dallas as the 2nd game of the season, and the 2nd game came at a time when the Spurs lost 4 of 6. Ask anyone here if this is the same team that was playing then. You might as well junk any footage... in the last 2 years 2 of the Cavs wins came on the 2nd night of a Spurs B2B (just ask how the Spurs did on those last year), and one came during the losing streak in January. The 4th game? A 26 point win by the Spurs.

To summarize - you aren't seeing the same team and the Cavs aren't bringing the same team. That information is meaningless.

BWJACKETS
You changed the comparison to include Duncan. That negates the original argument. Duncan would make any 3 perimeter players look better.

No it doesn't, I was only comparing the backcourts in the first place. So whose backcourt would you rather have? I would take either the Net's combination of Jefferson/Carter/Kidd or the Piston's combo of Prince/Billups/Hamilton over the Spurs' Ginobili/Parker/Bowen any day of the week.

MadDog73
I would take either the Net's combination of Jefferson/Carter/Kidd or the Piston's combo of Prince/Billups/Hamilton over the Spurs' Ginobili/Parker/Bowen any day of the week.

Parker > Kidd or Billups. That's proven.
Manu = Carter, > Prince, I'd say.

Hard to compare Bowen, since he's not offensive. Meh, I guess we'll just have to wait until Thursday to see what the better team is.

Interesting article. Of course, regular season means shit.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey S.A. for all the low lifes down there that do jack shit with their lives and want to call out honest folk working for the general good, go take a walk on the riverwalk err mudwalk. I'm out to da beach. still a couple hours left of sun.
Later to da coooll SA fans. CAVS in 7.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll say it again, stay classy San Antonio. You really give your people a bad name. Hey buddy, for reference, it is "I'll bet you", not "I bet you". And for your information, no I wouldn't take Tom Brady over Brady Quinn. I'll bet you would vote for George Bush again though, wouldn't you?

You'd take Brady Quinn over 3 time Champion Brady? You'd seriously take this guy??....http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66099

mardigan
06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I'll say it again, stay classy San Antonio. You really give your people a bad name. Hey buddy, for reference, it is "I'll bet you", not "I bet you". And for your information, no I wouldn't take Tom Brady over Brady Quinn. I'll bet you would vote for George Bush again though, wouldn't you?
A)Dont vote
B)Spelling corrections are the last weak attempt by weak posters
C)Talking about class, you dont see me on Cavs boards disrespecting players of the opposing team, in fact the only negative shit Ive said about the Cavs were all directed at you, because your a fucking dumbass that really makes Cavs fans look like they have never watched a game of basketball.

Strike
06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey S.A. for all the low lifes down there that do jack shit with their lives and want to call out honest folk working for the general good, go take a walk on the riverwalk err mudwalk. I'm out to da beach. still a couple hours left of sun.

What does "da" mean? Is that some low edication having substitution for "the"? Does it really take THAT long to type three letters instead of two?

I've never understood why ignorance and stupidity are cool.

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Vegas odds:
Spurs win 1/4

Cleveland win 4/1

And what even worse, had the Nuggets, the Suns, or the Jazz managed to make it past the Spurs, they would be favored over the Cavs too.

Right now the Cavs are maybe(?) the 6th best team in the league. I'm still not convinced the would have beat the Wizards with a healthy Arenas playing. And I have my doubts about them beating the Mavs in a 7 game series either.

mardigan
PS - no need for swearing, it just reflects on yourself poorly, especially when I choose not to lower myself to your level.
:lol Your a dumb bitch

duncan228
I've never understood why ignorance and stupidity are cool.

Because you're grown up!
We've been battling with children all day.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Liar!

Borosai
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Ignorance Thread.

These Cavs fans sound like perfect characters for the ESPN News commercials.

BeerIsGood!
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Good luck chasing down all of the smugglers, pimps, and thieves on the beach. Looks like you've put in a great day of work consisting of spewing BS on an internet forum and chasing people on the beach. Nice job... tax money well spent.

Strike
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Cavs - Spurs Observations (ESPN Truehoops) (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-25-10/Tale-of-the-Tape--LeBron-James-vs--the-Spurs.html?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1)

The funniest thing about that article is the title.

Tale of the Tape: LeBron James vs. the Spurs

One player vs. twelve? THAT's why Cleveland won't win the championship.
Most people (Not all! Some Cavs fans understand the concept of "team") seem to think that Lebron James is gonna drop 50 a night while the Spurs just stand on the floor, twiddling their thumbs. Sorry, but it's not gonna be that way. Lebron will score points and play well, but he's gonna have to work for it. Harder than he did against ANY Eastern Conference team. And the rest of the players on the Cavs are gonna have to bring it.

I'm not saying the Spurs are gonna sweep or that the Cavs suck. That's obviously not true. But it's been said many times on this board. The best "player" is not gonna beat the best "team" all by himself. The Spurs play great team and individual defense all over the court. They play D in the paint as well as the perimeter. James WILL have to work for his points. It's not gonna be like what happened in Detroit.

Spurs in 6

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Does anyone seriously suspect that "The King" will average any significant number over his season average of about 27?

Does anyone seriously think "The Boobie" will have another 31 point game?

"No way" you say?

Then I ask you, how in the hell is the Cavs going to beat the Spurs?

duncan228
06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Does anyone seriously suspect that "The King" will average any significant number over his season average of about 27?

"No way" you say?

I have no clue. Even after reading all the informative posts by our new guests the Cavs fans.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
:lol Your a dumb bitch

At least I've got class. I'm done talking to you.

easjer
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for responding; I would have responded sooner myself, but actual work called for a bit.

Ok, your analysis and my thoughts:

[/QUOTE]
Here is how they do it. Z/Varajao on Duncan, Gooden helps out. Hughes on Manu, Gibson on Parker. Cleveland's backcourt will be responsible for slowing their initial move to the basket, contesting jumpers and blocking the passing lanes, ripping the ball away when the ball is loose, other than that it will be up to our big men to contest shots and grab rebounds.

OK, taking Z/Varejao on Duncan first. Z is slower than Oberto and Timmy's still got some decent moves. I think Z is a pretty good defender, actually, but I think he'll have to watch out for Duncan in the post, and of course, with the bank shot, Timmy is capable of drawing a defender away from the basket, allowing our second big to sidle inside for an offensive rebound or a put-back. I think putting Z on Duncan is a mistake, as it is likely to raise his foul count quickly and make Z ineffective. You are better off using a Gooden/Varejao combo and allowing Z to stay near the basket on Oberto/Elson, where he is primed for grabbing the board or providing the double on Duncan, where he can slide with less damage than one of the perimeter players. On the whole though, Duncan is the better player and can play as easily doubled or 1on1 and score either way, so as with the PHX series, look for Duncan to have his way.

Next up is the notion of Hughes on Manu and Gibson on Parker. Unless I'm mistaken, Hughes generally starts at pg and Gibson is the replacement. Are you proposing that they both start? Or that Hughes will either start on Parker or come from the bench to guard Manu? Either way, Hughes on Manu presents the same difficulty as Hughes on Parker, which is that both have superior speed (particularly when you consider Hughes' foot injury). Plantar fasciitis can also affect lateral movement (really hurt Timmy last year), so it's not just straightforward speed, but movement to the side. I don't think Hughes can contain Manu if he wants to get the basket, though he may be able to guard him on the perimeter. Manu can get sloppy with passes. I haven't seen enough of Gibson to know what his defense is like, but since Tony was faster than AI and Nash and Williams, I don't expect Gibson to be able to slow him down. Hard fouls inside may result, but our guys are pretty decent FT shooters (it gets Manu going, frequently) and the result is your bigs in foul trouble. It is posssible to block shots if you look frequently at the film and figure out how they go (Manu prefers to go left, for example), but many of Tony's shots are difficult to block without being called as goaltends (easier if he's laying up instead of going with a tear drop). Regardless, I don't really see either solution as being particularly effective to stop Tony/Manu. I think it plays out as the other series have, which is - if they get into the lane frequently, it's hard to stop them. The DPOY couldn't stop them, so I don't feel like giving the edge to Varejao/Z/Gooden is really accurate.

Additionally, simply packing the lanes won't work, since they are equally capable from scoring outside and passing to other outside scorers. You can't really double or sag off with impunity. I think this is a real mismatch for the Cavs.

It's always up to the big men to grab boards and everyone should hustle. I don't underestimate Cavs hustle - and you may get more stuff than you expect because Spurs more frequently rely on offensive efficiency and are willing to let balls go if it means getting set on D.

The fact that Cleveland has a deciding size advantage across the board will give them an edge in rebounds so San Antonio's ability to score without turning the ball over will be at a premium.

I disagree with this. Your rs rebounding percentage was higher than ours (52.1% to 50.9%) but lower than Utah's (53.4%). We managed to stay within striking distance of Utah in game 1, and outrebounded them in the other 3 games we won. If we can manage to outrebound Utah's fucking monsters on the boards, I'm not worried about Z/Varejao/Goodwin.

SA was one of the most offensively efficient teams in the league - they are willing to let some offensive boards go, because they can generally make it up on defense. This should be especially true when you consider that the Cavs have been missing so many shots of late. Limiting your second chance points will be a key factor for the Spurs.

And let's not forget, Varajao is the best in the league at drawing offensive fouls so Parker an Ginobili will have to actually think before rushing in, Varajao's footwork in keeping himself between the driving offensive player and the basket will keep these two off-balance.

I agree that Sideshow Bob flops a lot . . . if that's what you mean by drawing charges.

I think he'll get a few calls, as will Manu.

But ultimately, I think that Duncan's reputation is bigger than Varejao's so I'm not expecting that the refs will call a lot for Varejao - at least not as many on Duncan as they might on Rasheed. Please note that I am not advocating for against flopping or how refs call the game (superstar argument), just pointing out what I expect to see based on past history. I also think that Tony and Manu will go to the side enough to get the foul called on Varejao.

It isn't rocket science, you get your players to play hard and play smart defensively, Mike Brown has turned this team into a very formidable defensive team. Case in point, just look at how they smothered Chauncey Billups, who if I am not mistaken had the best assist-to-turnover ratio of any PG in the league this season until he ran into the Cavs, where he had way more turnovers than assists. Cleveland has played championship-caliber defense last postseason and this year, last season they didn't have the scorers to compliment Lebron with however that has changed quickly and they haven't lost a beat on the defensive end.

This is a perception issue, but I saw less of Chauncey being smothered than I did Chauncey making bad decisions. I am positive you will disagree, as it is your team, but there is a difference between a player being stupid and making bad plays and defense causing turnovers (via interference, steals, etc).

You simply cannot claim that someone has played championship calibur anything when you don't have championships to back it up. Cavs may have played very good defense, but I've seen championship calibur defense from the 3 Spurs championship teams and from 2 Pistons teams (one champions, one very close), and I don't see that from Cleveland. I do see them exploiting opportunities, but it's not the same thing as forcing opportunities. I think they can get there, but I don't buy that they are there. I've watched them all playoffs and while I've seen stretches that are impressive, I've yet to see one standout game long defensive clampdown. I saw a whole lot of missed shots and poor play, but that is not the same thing as good, solid D.

Additionally, I absolutely disagree that you've got scorers to complement LeBron. You have a few guys who are very streaky. It's not the same thing at all.

But thanks for the honest take.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
At least I've got class. I'm done talking to you.
Hopefully your done talking period, I would hate for others to have to read the trash you post

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Hopefully your done talking period, I would hate for others to have to read the trash you post

Hey, congrats! You didn't resort to your usual toilet mouth. Seriously, how old are you, 16? Don't think you won't be the first one to get dogged after the Cavs school you guys at home in game 1 or 2.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey, congrats! You didn't resort to your usual toilet mouth. Seriously, how old are you, 16? Don't think you won't be the first one to get dogged after the Cavs school you guys at home in game 1 or 2.
Why would I get dogged? For calling out a shit talking Cav fan on a Spurs board? Who gives a shit, maybe have a good take and I wont call you a dumb fuck. Potty mouth? So what are you, 8? :lol
And btw, I have heard this same argument and shit talk from 3 straight teams that were much better than yours, so your weak smack is kind of sad

easjer
06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Calling people out for 'toilet mouths'?

:lmao

What-the-fuck-ever.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM

"No way" you say?

I would lay down money that Lebron and Gibson combine for 50 pts in at least three games this series.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Calling people out for 'toilet mouths'?

:lmao

What-the-fuck-ever.

Hey, what can I say? Apparently Texans have no class. Just saying, the profanity is not necessary, not all of us on here are 15.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I would lay down money that Lebron and Gibson combine for 50 pts in at least three games this series.
Wow, did you just start watching basketball? Considering they have done that like 3 times all year I would say its more likely more Gooden to turn into Bill Russell. Your really reaching now

mardigan
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey, what can I say? Apparently Texans have no class. Just saying, the profanity is not necessary, not all of us on here are 15.
Your right, youve already shown that you have the views and sensitivity of a 7 year old girl. Apparently, people from Cleveland are born with vaginas, regardless of their gender.

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I have heard this same argument and shit talk from 3 straight teams that were much better than yours, so your weak smack is kind of sad

Blah Blah Blah, all three of the teams you guys have played in the playoffs rolled over and died on you guys. Denver and Utah never really had any confidence that they were going to beat you guys, and against Phoenix the Spurs wormed out of a series that was shaping up to be a barn-burner. How about facing a team that's actually going to challenge you guys? King James is going to embarass Duncan even worse than the slam he administered on him in your season opener this season. Cleveland's defense is much better than any of the three teams you guys have faced, and it is going to be very apparent when they come out and punch the Spurs right in the mouth.

Hey, by the way, what is the over/under on the number of times Bruce Bowen tries to grab Cavs players by the balls and then claim "What'd I do?" PATHETIC.

Borosai
06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Sad.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Blah Blah Blah, all three of the teams you guys have played in the playoffs rolled over and died on you guys. Denver and Utah never really had any confidence that they were going to beat you guys, and against Phoenix the Spurs wormed out of a series that was shaping up to be a barn-burner. How about facing a team that's actually going to challenge you guys? King James is going to embarass Duncan even worse than the slam he administered on him in your season opener this season. Cleveland's defense is much better than any of the three teams you guys have faced, and it is going to be very apparent when they come out and punch the Spurs right in the mouth.
How about facing a team that barely won 50 games in the east. How about facing a team that had the easiest road to the finals of any team all time. How about facing a team with only one option. How about facing a team who doesnt have one player with finals experience that plays. How about facing a team that let the Wizards score over 90 points in 3 out of 4 games, great d there. How about that

dbreiden83080
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM

You would take Lebron leadership over Tim's. Who is the 3 time champ and finals MVP here.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I can see it now Spurs play a lousy game 1. All the Cleveland fans and the media start celebrating and talking shit only to have the Spurs reel off 4 in a row.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Lebron does play good D, and it has been exceptional in the postseason, obviously you haven't watched. He stays out of foul trouble in the first half
and they usually put him on one of the top two offensive players in the second half. He HAS been shutting down very good offensive players. :ihit

Obviously you haven't watched any spurs game.

virginislandCAVS
06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Obviously you haven't watched any spurs game.

Spurs have nothing to do with Lebron's own D. :madrun
Its been getting better and better all year.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Haha big guy. I'm looking forward to Thursday so the spurs can blow your team out. You are not prepared.

GreasyJoe
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
OWNED

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Spurs fans everywhere look back fondly on past championships won, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, past championships won't win you any games in this series. Get ready because the Cavs are gonna shock the world!

Lebron James Embarassing Tim Duncan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GiPPR_pG8)

Don't blink because ya might miss it!

spursfan09
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
i must have a very big problem because I don't see the Cavs really taking more than 2 games from the Spurs. YOu think Lebron is so great? YOu must of just started watching basketball or not seen Tim play yet.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 08:28 PM
i must have a very big problem because I don't see the Cavs really taking more than 2 games from the Spurs. YOu think Lebron is so great? YOu must of just started watching basketball or not seen Tim play yet.
It does kind of seem most of these Cavs posters rolled out of bed and found out they had a team in the Finals. Not very knowledgable

BWJACKETS
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM

Tim Duncan is one of the best, but he isn't as good as Lebron...not even close. Anybody with eyes can see that. Check out this awesome link:
Lebron Scores 25 Straight, 48 Total in ECF at the Palace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmclRCaI3k)

Could Tim Duncan do that? I don't think so.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Are you talkng about the same guys who couldn't shoot for an entire quarter at the end of one of the most important games of the season? Do you know that game made history? are you talking about the Cav's team that could not make a shoot in the same very quarter?

I mean what a way of coming out as a basketball ignorant.

mardigan
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Tim Duncan is one of the best, but he isn't as good as Lebron...not even close. Anybody with eyes can see that. Check out this awesome link:
Lebron Scores 25 Straight, 48 Total in ECF at the Palace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmclRCaI3k)

Could Tim Duncan do that? I don't think so.
This is maybe the single worst post I have ever seen. I dont think Ive read one original thought you have to say, there just all bullshit articles from Espn. :lol You really just found out about the Cavs didnt you?

Ronaldo McDonald
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Lmfao