PDA

View Full Version : eddie johnson talking trash about the spurs/san antonio

itzsoweezee
06-05-2007, 03:46 PM
this guy has hate running through his veins. did he ever get a championship clinging on the coattails of a superstar? i don't remember.

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/index.php/2007/06/05/spurs-will-not-intimidate-cleveland/

"That Robert Horry Article must have really gotten some people mad. Why don’t you get mad and tell the local government to clean that dirty water in the river walk. I love coming to San Antonio but that river walk is disgusting. Maybe a few of you Spurs fans could show the me and the wife around."
- Eddie johnson

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Mark Cuban smack is shitty enough but passing on Mark Cuban smack as your own is a hanging offense.

dknights411
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
It's just Cuban wearing blackface. :rolleyes

Testing
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
^:lol :tu Exactly.

CubanMustGo
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
- NBA all-time leading scorer among players with no All-Star appearances.

Yeah, he's some expert all right.

itzsoweezee
look through his comments on his blog entry. shit is disgusting.

mavsfan1000
I agree. The water is dirty.

dknights411
06-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Still cleaner than anything out of Houston though. Yikes!

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Well at least we elect officials atha are not so stupid as to piss away an opputunity to bring Texas Stadium home.

Oh, Gee!!
With all that said and done, I think the Spurs will win in six. But Cleveland will not go away quietly. Get ready for a very good series.

OMGZZZ--How rude and hateful

ClingingMars

I agree. The Mavs did choke last year and lost to an 8th seed this year.

-Mars

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/eddie_johnson.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/e_man6/heat_jazz.jpg

Not the same player.

Corn on the Colb
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Eddie Jones is extremely talented.

He can apparently talk and fish at the same time.

cornbread
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Eddie Johnson

SsKSpurs21
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
someone please find me a river that is clean. what a bunch of morons these guys are. look at the mississippi its also dirty, look at the rio grande, its also dirty. Rivers are SUPPOSE to be dirty. they are not suppose to look like sandy carribean beaches. idiots.

Obstructed_View
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
So what does Eddie Jones have to do with this anyway?

doldrums
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
IT"S EDDIE JOHNSON not Jones. Eddie was a Phoenix bball player and a very biased suns sports announcer. Watch NBA league pass when he broadcasts and you want to punch your screen.

Leetonidas
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Eddie Johnson said this, not Eddie Jones. :rolleyes

itzsoweezee
06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Eddie Johnson said this, not Eddie Jones. :rolleyes

my bad, i'll edit

Ocotillo
06-05-2007, 04:04 PM
someone please find me a river that is clean. what a bunch of morons these guys are. look at the mississippi its also dirty, look at the rio grande, its also dirty. Rivers are SUPPOSE to be dirty. they are not suppose to look like sandy carribean beaches. idiots.

Hell yeah!!

Sincerely,

Joseph A. Coors Brewing Co.

fyatuk
06-05-2007, 04:05 PM

Uhh, the San Antonio River through downtown, and several miles downstream, is disgustingly dirty, much worse than a river should be. That's one of the reasons the city has been trying to find methods to clean it using automated river barges.

I believe the SA River through downtown has a drastically high e coli concentration compared to normal rivers...

Corn on the Colb
06-05-2007, 04:12 PM
So about Eddie Jones....

41times
06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
so you guys tell him what you really [email protected]

Obstructed_View
06-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Eddie Johnson is a rapist, y0.

twentyone
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Yah uh I hate to say this as a long time San Antonio resident, but your pretty fucking wrong there. There isn't anywhere inside 1604 I would live, AH included anymore. Not sure why you ripped Houston, unless that Mav fan you were directing that toward lives here.

And seriously, the riverwalk water is disgusting, but as a resident you never go down there and see it. In SA's defense, it's a boat river, not a drinking fountain or a swimming pool so get over it.

Shred
06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Just give him directions through the 281/410 interchange. He'll never find the Riverwalk. San Antonio urban planning....IT'S FANTASTIC.

saporvida
06-05-2007, 04:49 PM

doesnt dallas have a river too?... cry me a river dallas cause yall got the boot in round 1!

GSH
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Actually, he put together a really good game plan for Cleveland. All they have to do is:
1. Guard Duncan 1-on-1, a la Phoenix, using Drew Gooden and Anderson Varejao. With Ilgauskas on the weak side for rebounding support, of course. That worked out so well for Phoenix, why not copy it?
2. Trap Parker and Ginobili, and make them give the ball up.
3. Make sure Ilgauskas scores 15-20 points per game, rather than the 11.9 he averaged for the season.
4. Make sure two other players score in double figures out of: Drew Gooden, Daniel Gibson, Larry Hughes, and Damon Jones. (I'm sorry, Damon Jones?)
5.Take advantage of Greg Popovich's inability to prepare for the Cavs as well as Mike Brown can prepare for the Spurs.

See? It's simple.

BTW - I can see one way they might actually accomplish all of those things. But it involves keeping a sixth man on the floor at all times.

Solid D
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
NBA analyst Eddie Johnson works overtime to clear his name
Updated 8/11/2006 8:50 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions
Enlarge By Suzanne Starr, Arizona Republic

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/08/10/innocent-eddie.jpg

Former Phoenix player and current Suns broadcaster Eddie Johnson, shown conducting a youth basketball camp in June 2003, is not to be confused with the retired, two-time NBA All-Star Eddie Johnson who attended Auburn University and was arrested Tuesday.

By Roscoe Nance, USA TODAY
Phoenix Suns TV analyst Eddie Johnson has spent the past two days trying to recover from his unwanted time in the spotlight.
Some media outlets falsely identified him as Eddie Johnson, the former NBA All-Star who has been charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl in Ocala, Fla.

"This is the worst time of my life," Johnson said Thursday. "To be in the limelight for this? I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I've never been one to seek the limelight. I played my sport, and the limelight never shined on me. In some respects, I liked it that way."

The accused Eddie Johnson, 51, attended Auburn University and played 10 seasons in the NBA, mostly with the Atlanta Hawks. Suns analyst Eddie Arnet Johnson, 47, attended the University of Illinois and played 17 seasons, most of them with the Kansas City/Sacramento Kings.

The latter said he first learned his name was in the news Wednesday morning when he returned to Phoenix after vacationing in Hawaii. Atlanta coach Mike Woodson called, wanting to know why his picture was on the Internet.

Johnson said he made calls and sent e-mails to friends from the time his flight landed at 5:11 a.m. PT Wednesday until 1 a.m. Thursday, explaining what happened.

The Chicago Tribune ran an apology on its website Thursday for its mistake. ESPN commentator Skip Bayless made a brief apology after condemning Johnson on Jim Rome's TV show, Rome Is Burning.

"I don't know if you repair it with an apology," Johnson said, adding he isn't considering legal action yet. "I'm not thinking on those terms. My deal right now is to get my name right. I'm accepting apologies. I'm seeing what I need to do to keep clearing my name."

TNT analyst Charles Barkley, Johnson's teammate on the Houston Rockets, said he would go on selected talk radio shows and speak on Johnson's behalf.

"It's tough for Eddie," Barkley said. "That's a horrible allegation. Guys have to be more responsible than to just run with it. It was just lazy journalism."

Budkin
06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Eddie Johnson is just another bitter loser.

SPURS REP
06-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Shred,you lame dumbass. That's twice you had.... HWY smack.... that is so sad....
Does it take your little bus longer to get to school?

judaspriestess
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I went and ahead and let this douche nozzle know what I think in a very respectful way of course. I'm not going to stoop down to his level.

This is what I said"

Wow,
Eddie, what a cheap low class comment to make regarding the riverwalk in San Antonio. You’re only kidding right? There are always half truths to every joke and that was just plain flat stupid. Shame on you. Stick to commenting on the games.

Extra Stout
06-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Eddie Johnson doesn't like defense. He believes that basketball should be a wide-open free-flowing scoring orgy. That is how he played at both ends of the floor, and it is why he wishes the Phoenix Suns could win a championship.

It also is why he really hates the Spurs and is embittered by their success.

Garquint
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
this guy has hate running through his veins. did he ever get a championship clinging on the coattails of a superstar? i don't remember.

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/index.php/2007/06/05/spurs-will-not-intimidate-cleveland/

"That Robert Horry Article must have really gotten some people mad. Why don’t you get mad and tell the local government to clean that dirty water in the river walk. I love coming to San Antonio but that river walk is disgusting. Maybe a few of you Spurs fans could show the me and the wife around."
- Eddie johnson

It's not the riverwalk that's so dirty and disgusting, it's your ugly-ass reflection.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x2/Garquint/eddiereflect.gif

exstatic
06-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Shit, I guess the Suns have ALWAYS had whiney bitches on their roster...

easjer
06-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Hope you don't drink Ozarka or Dasani drinking water. They both come from Houston's municipal water systems.

timvp
06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
The San Antonio River is pretty disgusting but to resort to city smack is even more lame.

Extra Stout
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
The San Antonio River is pretty disgusting but to resort to city smack is even more lame.
Well, what else is EJ supposed to do? Mascot smack? The Spurs repeatedly bitchslap his whole philosophy about the game of basketball. It's like what a communist must have felt about the U.S. circa 1999.

bonesinaz
06-05-2007, 07:16 PM
IT"S EDDIE JOHNSON not Jones. Eddie was a Phoenix bball player and a very biased suns sports announcer. Watch NBA league pass when he broadcasts and you want to punch your screen.

:lol :lol

LMAO! Eddie Johnson is such a homer for the suns that you have to laugh. A few years ago we were watching a suns game and old Eddie was talking about the change in the NBA dress code. He went on for 5 minutes about Steve Nash's T-shirts and how much he paid for them. We had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.

I am surprised he can write a sentence. After listening to his game broadcasts, I would rank him about the same as Amare in brain function.

Clutch20
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I've played as a musician on barges during river parades and played at clubs along the RiverWalk and my brother in law even fell into the San Antonio River at the RiverWalk and have also played for the Lakers at Mark's on the RiverWalk in 2000 and they never said shit about scum water, so, brotha's just blowin thru his asshole.

Dave McNulla
06-05-2007, 08:53 PM

- Eddie johnson
i think he clung to hakeem's coattails. nope, i checked. he was there in 96-97.

Clutch20
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
The reason for the RiverWalk being such a target for those possessing a less than an ideal IQ is because it's floated so many warriors clutching Larry O'Brien's. Now there's a water quality money can't buy.

That old San Antonio River was here way before MCuban and other megalomaniacs were, and guess what? It'll be here way after everyone here and now are gone and forgotten.

smrattler
06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Leave the wife at home, but me and some friend would gladly show him around.

Starting and ending with the bottom of that river.

Tek_XX
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Does it really matter how dirty it is, i'm not drinking any river water anywhere in this country. Just make it smell descent and i'm good.