PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 07 predicts Spurs in six

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-05-2007, 05:48 PM
EA SPORTS NBA LIVE 07 SIMULATION PREDICTS SPURS WILL WIN 2007 NBA FINALS

LeBron James and the upstart Cleveland Cavaliers gave the veteran-laden San Antonio Spurs all they could handle in the EA SPORTS NBA LIVE 07 simulation of the 2007 NBA Finals. Ultimately, the Spurs, led by series MVP Tim Duncan prevailed in six games to win their 4th NBA championship in nine years. The Cavs kept it tight with 5 of the 6 games coming down to the final minutes, but championship teams like the Spurs separate themselves from the pack when the game is on the line. The NBA Finals tip off this Thursday at 9PM EST on ABC.

-----------

Game One
Spurs over Cavs 94-87

Point Leaders
Tim Duncan - 26 Points, 13 Rebounds, 2 Blocks

LeBron James - 22 Points, 10 Rebounds, 7 Assists

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 44%
SA – 45%

Recap - The Cavs came ready to play in their first ever NBA Finals, but the Spurs held court at home in Game 1 with well-rounded consistent play across the board. Tim Duncan led by experience and example with 26 points and 13 rebounds.

-----------

Game Two
San Antonio sweep at home winning 99-98

Point Leaders
Tony Parker - 24 Points, 11 Assists, 3 Steals

Zydrunas Ilgauskas - 21 Points, 13 Rebounds

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 47%
SA – 44%

Recap - Cleveland’s tremendous overall team defense shone in Game 2, but they struggled on offense with virtually every 4th quarter shot coming from LeBron. The game went down to the wire with Tony Parker netting the clutch game winner, 2 of his 24 on the night.

------------

Game Three
Cavs rally back and take game 3, 86-79

Point Leaders
Tim Duncan - 23 Points, 14 Rebounds, 2 Blocks

LeBron James - 36 Points, 8 Rebounds, 11 Assists

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 43%
SA – 39%

Recap - The Cavs stepped it up in Game 3 led by LeBron’s triple double (36 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists) and a frenzied home crowd witnessing their first ever NBA Finals home game. Huge effort from the floor with 6 of LeBron’s 11 assists coming in the final 10 minutes, clutch shots from Sasha Pavlovic, and big dunks from Drew Gooden and Anderson Varejao.

------------

Game Four
Spurs answer in 102-89 victory over Cavs

Point Leaders
Manu Ginobili - 29 Points, 8 Rebounds, 7 Assists

Drew Gooden - 20 Points, 11 Rebounds, 2 Steals

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 45%
SA – 50%

Recap - The Spurs responded in game 4 by bottling up LeBron (19 points on 6-22 shooting), and spreading out the floor to counteract Cleveland’s defense. The entire Spurs unit played well (50% FG%) and was paced by Manu Ginobili’s 29 points and 8 rebounds.

-----------------

Game Five
Cavs stay alive in game 5, 93-91

Point Leaders
Tim Duncan - 25 Points, 13 Rebounds, 4 Blocks

LeBron James - 30 Points, 9 Rebounds, 11 Assists, 3 Steals

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 44%
SA – 44%

Recap - The Cavs keep the dream alive, winning game 5 on home soil. LeBron continued his supremacy and was just a rebound shy of another triple double (30 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists). His supporting cast responded as well, with a double-double from Drew Gooden (11 points, 10 rebounds) and 19 points from Larry Hughes. Big Shot Bob Horry missed a potential game-winner at the buzzer, sending the Spurs back home to San Antonio with serious concern of the series reaching a Game 7.

------------------------

Game Six
Spurs win NBA Finals with win in Game 6, 96-89

Point Leaders
Tim Duncan - 26 Points, 11 Rebounds, 2 Blocks

LeBron James - 21 Points, 6 Rebounds, 7 Assists

Field Goal Percentage
Cle – 45%
SA – 46%

Recap - The Spurs asserted their dominance again in Game 6, demonstrating overall team play that held LeBron to 21 points and thwarted Cleveland’s one-man show. The ultra-consistent Tim Duncan closed with a 26-point, 11-rebound performance, and was named the NBA Finals MVP for the 4th time in as many appearances.

-----------------

Just posting the e-mail I received, don't know much more about it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Live still sucks.

GrandeDavid
06-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I think that dorky dude who went by "dusty" on another site used to predict series outcomes via NBA Live. I'm not comparing you to him, by any means, my friend! Just made me wonder how many times he must've reset the console when the computer jumped out to a ten point early lead. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I think that dorky dude who went by "dusty" on another site used to predict series outcomes via NBA Live. I'm not comparing you to him, by any means, my friend! Just made me wonder how many times he must've reset the console when the computer jumped out to a ten point early lead. :lol

:lol Actually, it was an e-mail sent to the media.

I wonder what the SpursTalk version of the NBA Finals would be like.

- Press A to create a new thread.

- Press B to reply to a thread.

- Press X to tell another poster to stop creating new threads and post in the game blog.

- Press and hold Y to bring up "Troll Menu." Use your D-pad to scroll through previously created trolls relevant to the thread topic and press Y to choose that troll.

- Hold R1 and Y to send AHF on a rant about Pop and 4-down.

- Hold L2, R2 and Y to unleash the Church of Manu.

- During gameplay, press start and use your D-pad to scroll to "Restart" when Beno lodges the ball between the rim and backboard.

SECRET CODE: Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A at the start menu will give you unlimited trolling time.

timvp
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM

- Press X to tell another poster to stop creating new threads and post in the game blog.

- Press and hold Y to bring up "Troll Menu." Use your D-pad to scroll through previously created trolls relevant to the thread topic and press Y to choose that troll.

- During gameplay, press start and use your D-pad to scroll to "Restart" when Beno lodges the ball between the rim and backboard.

SECRET CODE: Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A at the start menu will give you unlimited trolling time.

I almost didn't read your post but I'm glad I did because that was damn funny :rollin

SpursTalk.com -- The Video Game

ObiwanGinobili
06-05-2007, 07:19 PM

:lol oh that right there iss the ultimate! :smokin

Spurminator
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Monkey Ball says Spurminator over Spurminator's Wife two games to none. Booyah.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Super Monkey Ball says Spurminator over Spurminator's Wife two games to none. Booyah.

The Sims says Spurminator is sleeping on the couch.

ca®lo
06-06-2007, 12:40 AM

oh shit the CONTRA 30 lives code!!!!

:rollin

been awhile since i last saw that!

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2007, 12:49 AM
contra mad game :D:D