PDA

View Full Version : Varejao Feels Self Conscious Flopping Around Ginobili

StrangeCheez
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Varejao Feels Self Conscious Flopping Around Ginobili

CLEVELAND--Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao admitted today that he was going to feel extremely self conscious flopping around Spurs guard Manu Ginobili in the upcoming NBA finals. Varejao considers himself an amateur flopper, while Ginobili is a legend who practically invented the practice of falling down on purpose.

“I am a little scared, I have to admit,” Varejao admitted with a laugh. “This is like the student going up against the master. What if I screw up? What if I fall down and do not get the call? He will probably think I’m some kind of idiot. I guess I just have to stay calm and remember that I deserve to be here and that I can fall down just as good as he can…oh, who am I kidding? When he falls down, he is majestic like a ballerina. When I fall down I am like a drunk slipping on a banana peel. I only hope that we win the series in order to minimize the humiliation somewhat.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
retarded

FuzzyLumpkins
06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Just keep it coming Cavs. Keep it coming.

SilverPlayer
06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
God have these people never heard of Vlade Divac or John Stockton?

Manu pretty much has toned down the flopping to the point where it can only be called exaggerating the contact, but the dude gets thrown to the floor harder than any player in the league. He earns every freaking call he gets at this point.

Pablo Escobar
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
i thought it was kinda funny

hendrix
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I hate the Cavs mostly because of one brazilian among them...

SAGambler
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM

CLEVELAND--Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao admitted today that he was going to feel extremely self conscious flopping around Spurs guard Manu Ginobili in the upcoming NBA finals. Varejao considers himself an amateur flopper, while Ginobili is a legend who practically invented the practice of falling down on purpose.

“I am a little scared, I have to admit,” Varejao admitted with a laugh. “This is like the student going up against the master. What if I screw up? What if I fall down and do not get the call? He will probably think I’m some kind of idiot. I guess I just have to stay calm and remember that I deserve to be here and that I can fall down just as good as he can…oh, who am I kidding? When he falls down, he is majestic like a ballerina. When I fall down I am like a drunk slipping on a banana peel. I only hope that we win the series in order to minimize the humiliation somewhat.”

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Clutch20
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM

CLEVELAND--Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao admitted today .......]
Are peanut brains allowed to fake a sense of humor in the Finals?
Isn't there an obscure rule against that :downspin:

howbouthemspurs
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
dumbass

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=StrangeCheez] What if I screw up? What if I fall down and do not get the call? He will probably think I’m some kind of idiot. QUOTE]
He'd be right.....you're an idiot

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2007, 09:31 PM
banal

CubanMustGo
06-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Regular season offensive fouls drawn, '06-'07:

Sideshow Bob: 95
Manu Ginobili: 31

Who is the master, again?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I hate the Cavs mostly because of one brazilian among them...you hate them because he's Brazilian? or just hate them because you don't like him for some reason other than that?

freedom&justice
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
:lmao this dude is such a joke.

conversekid
06-05-2007, 10:13 PM
that was pretty good :)

ShoogarBear
06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
i thought it was kinda funnyIt was funny.

ShoogarBear
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
you hate them because he's Brazilian? or just hate them because you don't like him for some reason other than that?Brazilians are cool. We need some Brazilians up in the stands in the AT&T during a game.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
this real?

fuck the Cavs, can't stand them

CubanMustGo
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
this real?

Reading comprehension not a strong suit? From the website in question:

©2007 The Brushback.com® All rights reserved. The Brushback is a satire site. None of the features or stories on this site are real. All names are made up, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. All quotes are fictional and any similarity to actual quotes is coincidental.

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Brazilians are cool. We need some Brazilians up in the stands in the AT&T during a game.

argentinians > brazilians

i love argentinians they are hilarious. case closed.

-Mars

ShoogarBear
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I haven't yet seen a bunch of Argentinian chicks dancing in the stands in thongs during soccer games.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Reading comprehension not a strong suit? From the website in question:

©2007 The Brushback.com® All rights reserved. The Brushback is a satire site. None of the features or stories on this site are real. All names are made up, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. All quotes are fictional and any similarity to actual quotes is coincidental.

I didn't click the link and I have NEVER heard the site, and your education system obviously failed because you didn't detect that I wasn't sold on the quote

gilmor
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Brazil's soccer is the best in the world.. Not basketball though

resistanze
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
:lol WTF @ people getting angry. The dialog in the article was hilarious and SATIRICAL.

sprrs
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
:lol WTF @ people getting angry. The dialog in the article was hilarious and SATIRICAL.

Exactly. The author isn't biased towards the Cavs, he's even written stuff that "praises" the Spurs.

Man of Steel
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Actually--this is the REAL clipping:

Varejao Feels Self Conscious Around Ginobili

CLEVELAND--Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao admitted today that he was going to feel extremely self conscious getting screwed by his vastly superior opponent from Argentina, Manu Ginobili in the upcoming NBA finals.

Varejao considers himself an amateur flopper, a piece of shit player from Brazil, whereas Ginobili is a legend who practically invented the practice of scaling amazing heights while dunking on turds such as himself.

“I am a little scared, I have to admit,” Varejao admitted with a laugh. “This is like the student going up against the master.

"Oh, who am I kidding? When he plays the games of basketball, he is majestic. I, on the otherhand, am nothing more than an oversized gay ballerina posing as a basketball player. When I fall down I am like a drunk slipping on a banana peel. I only hope that we win the series in order to minimize the humiliation somewhat.”

klx23
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Can't say I didn't see this coming.

They both flop. End of story.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I haven't yet seen a bunch of Argentinian chicks dancing in the stands in thongs during soccer games.well then you haven't been looking close enough buddy. The Brazilians started the ritual, now all the cool chicks are doing it :lol

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Clearly, I need to start paying more attention to non-Brazilian soccer crowds.

MrChug
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
GOD Brazilian girls have nice asses...

http://usesoap.com/images/olympics/brazil_vollyball2.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
06-06-2007, 01:21 AM
He earns every freaking call he gets at this point.:lmao