PDA

View Full Version : People that are not TRUE Spur fans?

The Red Hood
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I have noticed it a little in the past couple of championship runs but even more so now do any of you all know of the kind of people who are just Spur fans just because that's the in thing now in San Antonio I constantly see the News anchors or just people that I know personally that no nothing about basketball or even about the Spurs but they are going crazy with spurs spirit because they are in the finals now.

Death In June
06-05-2007, 10:14 PM
The Spurs reprsent our city and they're the only pro sports team we have, and they just happen to be a championship team. Let the bandwagoners be excited? It's good exposure and better than the alternative (indifference).

HJNTX
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
The Spurs reprsent our city and they're the only pro sports team we have, and they just happen to be a championship team. Let the bandwagoners be excited? It's good exposure and better than the alternative (indifference).

:toast

tlongII
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I guess I'm not a TRUE Spurs fan.

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I guess I'm not a TRUE Spurs fan.

QUICK, EXILE HIM!

-Mars

marini martini
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I have noticed it a little in the past couple of championship runs but even more so now do any of you all know of the kind of people who are just Spur fans just because that's the in thing now in San Antonio I constantly see the News anchors or just people that I know personally that no nothing about basketball or even about the Spurs but they are going crazy with spurs spirit because they are in the finals now.

If you did your research, dimwit, it's kind of generatianal! The fans from the 70's have passed it down through the generations. Plus anyone with ties to S.A. for the pst 9 years can't help but to love them. Viva la familia, stupido! :toast :toast :toast :toast :toast :toast :toast

bigfish22
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
My allegience to the Spurs stems from 1989 and the drafting of US Naval Academy Cadet David Robinson. I'm a Navy brat, and everything my family has we owe to the US Navy. I found it only fitting to latch on and show my support. And we SUCKED then! However, being the son of a serviceman, I have moved around all over the country and world, yet I have never been to San Antonio. But I have gotten into several fist fights with Laker fans in LA and SD. Does that qualify me as a true fan? Or do I need a plane ticket to validate myself?

marini martini
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
My allegience to the Spurs stems from 1989 and the drafting of US Naval Academy Cadet David Robinson. I'm a Navy brat, and everything my family has we owe to the US Navy. I found it only fitting to latch on and show my support. And we SUCKED then! However, being the son of a serviceman, I have moved around all over the country and world, yet I have never been to San Antonio. But I have gotten into several fist fights with Laker fans in LA and SD. Does that qualify me as a true fan? Or do I need a plane ticket to validate myself?

Nope you're rockin' it :downspin: Back off big guy!!!!!!! :toast

bigfish22
06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
^ See signature

SsKSpurs21
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
any fan who throws down for his team has to be labeled a true fan. :toast

bigfish22
06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I think it really stems from my allegience to the Raider Nation as well. I just get caught up when I see that silver and black!

JUST WIN BABY!!!!

marini martini
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
:toast :king :toast One martini , two martini. three martini, four, night night everyone! here's hangin' til Thurs. Love u guys!

missmyzte
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Personal soap box issue here ...
I get so annoyed by people who think they have a right to decide how "good of a fan" someone else is. Who is anyone to say that someone is not a true fan? And who the hell cares? Playoff basketball is fun, the Finals are exciting, just because you think you're better than they are, they can't enjoy it??

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Personal soap box issue here ...
I get so annoyed by people who think they have a right to decide how "good of a fan" someone else is. Who is anyone to say that someone is not a true fan? And who the hell cares? Playoff basketball is fun, the Finals are exciting, just because you think you're better than they are, they can't enjoy it??
Amen.

GreasyJoe
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
why are the women the only ones writing about going for the bandwagoners?

Russ
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Know-nothing, front-running fans?

You need to come to LA. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bigfish22
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Forget LA, go to BANDiego! I have never seen such a turnaround in my life. People there couldn't name 2 people on the chargers 5 years ago! And then they flip flop back and forth on the Lakers. It's rediculous!