PDA

View Full Version : What cleveland can do to slow down the Spurs:

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Here's some things that I think Cleveland can do to slow the Spurs down. The Spurs are a great team, but there are a few things we can do to give them trouble.

Trapped Parker and make him give up the ball early. Also attack him on pick and rolls with our big guards on the high pick and rolls. We rotate very well. Foul him hard when he comes to the middle and force him to become a jump shooter. We have big guards with speed which could give him problems.

Force Bowen to make plays. When he's out on the floor on offense run him off pick and rolls and on defense use his man to double and trap Duncan every chance we get. Bowen has a nice 3 point shot when it's on, but offensively he doesn't scare anybody.

Defend Ginobili with Lebron.

Defend Duncan with Z, Double team him with Bowen's man.

Also, we use some full court presses. Take as much time off of the clock as possible.

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Please give the Spurs the opportunity to play 4 on 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Tony Parker eats full court presses for breakfast.

You eat a full court press for breakfast?

..................no!

ducks
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
not a bad first post

thispego
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
loves them

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
if you leave bowen open enough he will hurt you with the 3. espicially in the playoffs. fact of life.

-Mars

ClingingMars
06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Tony Parker eats full court presses for breakfast.

You eat a full court press for breakfast?

..................no!

I eat FCP for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND DESSERT.

-Mars

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
if leave bowen open enough he will hurt you with the 3. espicially in the playoffs. fact of life.

-Mars

I rather us take that chance, if he beats us he beats us. No one thinks we're gonna get it done anyway so why not? :king

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I would like to see us attack him on the high pick and roll.

FromWayDowntown
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
One thing is for sure -- if the Cavs use James to defend either Parker or Ginobili it ensures that he won't be the doubler on Duncan (unless, of course, Mike Brown is suicidal). I think the notions are generally useful strategies, but each has a downside:

Parker's improvement as a jumpshooter and his willingness to rely upon that shot has made him a much, much more difficult player to defend. Plus, if you blitz the pick and roll, you're either conceding giving Duncan single coverage at the rim or you're giving three point shooters uncontested looks.

I don't think any team has ever been successful at forcing Bowen to create offense off the bounce. Bowen has shown some increasing proficiency at getting his shot off the bounce, but mostly, if you're going to leave Bowen alone, he's going to keep shooting that 3 until it goes down. That's also the downside of doubling Duncan using Bowen's man. It would be more problematic for the Spurs if Tim was a reluctant or a bad passer, but he's neither.

ducks
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM
parkers d is underrated
also his j is much better
bowen let open in the corner is deadly

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I would use Pavlovic to double Duncan and I'd use James to defend Ginobili one of one

ClingingMars
I rather us take that chance, if he beats us he beats us. No one thinks we're gonna get it done anyway so why not? :king

if this happens then spurs in 5 bud ;)

-Mars

Marcus Bryant
One thing is for sure -- if the Cavs use James to defend either Parker or Ginobili it ensures that he won't be the doubler on Duncan (unless, of course, Mike Brown is suicidal). I think the notions are generally useful strategies, but each has a downside:

Parker's improvement as a jumpshooter and his willingness to rely upon that shot has made him a much, much more difficult player to defend. Plus, if you blitz the pick and roll, you're either conceding giving Duncan single coverage at the rim or you're giving three point shooters uncontested looks.

I don't think any team has ever been successful at forcing Bowen to create offense off the bounce. Bowen has shown some increasing proficiency at getting his shot off the bounce, but mostly, if you're going to leave Bowen alone, he's going to keep shooting that 3 until it goes down. That's also the downside of doubling Duncan using Bowen's man. It would be more problematic for the Spurs if Tim was a reluctant or a bad passer, but he's neither.

The Cavs' D will weaken when it has to contend with the best low post player in the game, two threats to drive, and two shooters beyond the arc on both sides of the court.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
I know Bowen's going to knock some shots down but he's not gonna hit a high percentage every game and if he does start to shot them I'd send someone down the court the moment he releases the ball to counter that.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
You guys are seriously under estimating our defense

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
if this happens then spurs in 5 bud ;)

-Mars

I don't think you guys watch enough Lebron do you? :king

thispego
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
and you're underestimating our offense

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 11:02 PM
like most men facing their last days, prayer is always in option

You are seriously underestimating our offense.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind us also Leaving Z on Duncan and playing zone. I rather see you guys throwing up bombs then getting easy baskets. The purpose of playing defense is limiting the other team to easy baskets.

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Damn you prego

timvp
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, please leave Bowen open in the corner and let LeBron guard Manu. Bowen isn't much of a three-point shooter when wide open in the quarters and Manu doesn't know how to draw fouls while making his defenders tired.

Great ideas :tu

timvp
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Zone against the Spurs?

Single-teaming Duncan?

Even better ideas :tu

FromWayDowntown
06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
I know Bowen's going to knock some shots down but he's not gonna hit a high percentage every game and if he does start to shot them I'd send someone down the court the moment he releases the ball to counter that.

You're right that he's not going to hit a high percentage every night, but he's at 46.4% for these playoffs after 16 games, which puts him in the top 10 in 3pt FG% in the playoffs. Finley, by the way is 10th at 46.2%.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I actually feared the Spurs with Duncan AND Robinson then I don't the present day Spurs and that's not to say they're not great, but I'm implying that I like our chances against your guards with our big guards.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I actually don't think Bowen can defend Bron' by himself. You guys are gonna have to do a little double teaming yourselves.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Well the question is also, how are you gonna defend Lebron cause it can be done one on one.

ducks
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
spurs really do not double ever

FromWayDowntown
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I actually feared the Spurs with Duncan AND Robinson then I don't the present day Spurs and that's not to say they're not great, but I'm implying that I like our chances against your guards with our big guards.

These Spurs are a very, very different creature than the Twin Towers Spurs. This team is far more dynamic than those teams were -- it's capable of beating its opponents offensively in so many more ways than the Twin Towers teams could (other than maybe 2003, which was the best of both worlds).

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Spurs have won a title without 37 year old DRob.

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
And I like OUR chances with our guards against your BIG guards.

Kiss ma Grits
If they DON'T double team Lebron this series is gonna be long, trust me. Just ask a Pistons fan...

Marcus Bryant
Well the question is also, how are you gonna defend Lebron cause it can be done one on one.

Is he going to score 60 a night?

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Lebron is a WHOLE different animal then most fans know....

ShoogarBear
Spurs have won a title without 37 year old DRob.Although I'd kill to have DRob out there for 10 minutes a game right now.

DfendtheStar
If they DON'T double team Lebron this series is gonna be long, trust me. Just ask a Pistons fan...
tell you what bud...you can ask them when thier boat comes in from fishing and the Cavs get on

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:16 PM
That's what the Piston fans said also DfendtheStar

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Lebron won't score 60 a night unless you continue to play him one on one. It WILL be a dunk fest if he's defended one on one.

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Has he bedded 20K women?

Dave McNulla
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
pistons, as in the team that flip saunders coaches? he's got 37 wins in the playoffs after 12 seasons. not that the piston players are bad or anything, but flip doesn't do adjustments very well. pistons were supposed to be the cream of the east, but the east is weak. cavs are up and coming, but i don't think they arrived yet.

just the same, you should be proud of your team and keep believing until somebody proves you wrong.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I actually don't think Bowen can defend Bron' by himself. You guys are gonna have to do a little double teaming yourselves.

You obviously haven't watched much Spurs D - we'll let your best player do whatever he likes while Bruce slowly wears him out - and make sure you don't hurt us in any other way. That's how we beat all three teams this playoffs, staying at home on the complimentary players.

Should be an interesting series.

I just hope that LeBron doesn't get ridiculous calls all series...

thispego
Damn you prego
damn tw, your avatar is a video of what i just did to you :p:

SpurForLife
Let LeBron gets his points. That don't mean a damn thing. Stopping the others from getting theirs is the bigger issue and I believe our guards and bigs are more than up to the task.

RC's Boss
Uh we watch the games too. (if you have league pass). Lebron is all we have to contend with. You have to double Tim, guard Tony on the pick and roll and PRAY help is behind you when he blows by you, and also guard Manu and Pray yet again he doesn't blow by you or step back and drill tres. The Cavs are a good team like Utah... and like Utah they will be great in a couple more years, but as for now...... :ihit Your asses color will match those road jerseys when you roll through South Texas! Sorry, but nothing short of injury will prevent the 4th June parade down the MUDDY WATERS!

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
You're not winning this in four or five, get ready for a pounding. We play physical, something you guys haven't seen in this years playoffs...

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
That's what the Piston fans said also DfendtheStar
just a little bit of wisdom for you.....Lebron is a great player....the Spurs are a great team. One great PLAYER will never defeat a great TEAM unless that players name is Michael Jordan cause he ass rammed the Cavs by himself if I remember correctly.

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
You're not winning this in four or five, get ready for a pounding. We play physical, something you guys haven't seen in this years playoffs...
No your right Denver were a bunch of panzies, the Suds..well thats all i have to say about that and Utah was probably more physical than your team.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
The calls are going to go to the home team just like they have all post season long. When you come to Cleveland we'll be getting the calls so if bowen fouls Lebron, he could end up on the bench really fast. I think we're gonna come close or pull out game 1, watch what I tell you.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Utah is undersized....

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
just a little bit of wisdom for you.....Lebron is a great player....the Spurs are a great team. One great PLAYER will never defeat a great TEAM unless that players name is Michael Jordan cause he ass rammed the Cavs by himself if I remember correctly.

Lebron already did when we beat the Pistons.....

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Utah is undersized....

...and the Nuggets were oversized. With an AI in the backcourt.

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
The calls are going to go to the home team just like they have all post season long. When you come to Cleveland we'll be getting the calls so if bowen fouls Lebron, he could end up on the bench really fast. I think we're gonna come close or pull out game 1, watch what I tell you.

How many home games do the Cavs have in the series?

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Utah is undersized....
If im not mistaken you have a sloppy retard for a center and a costar on the Simpsons as your bigs and thats about it.

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Lebron already did when we beat the Pistons.....
I said GREAT team

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:27 PM
...and the Nuggets were oversized. With an AI in the backcourt.

But they don't play defense like Cleveland does

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
But they don't play defense like Cleveland does

But size means so much.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
The Pistons are a great team, remember you guys were in a fight for your lives against them when you won your first championship WITHOUT Robinson. You were one Piston defensive mistake from losing...

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
The Pistons are a great team, remember you guys were in a fight for your lives against them when you won your first championship WITHOUT Robinson. You were one Piston defensive mistake from losing...

...and one Ben Wallace was present.

DfendtheStar
THAT piston team was great...were talking the here and now

Kiss ma Grits
Size doesn't mean anything if you don't have defense and quickness to go with it....

ShoogarBear
The Pistons are a great team, remember you guys were in a fight for your lives against them when you won your first championship WITHOUT Robinson. You were one Piston defensive mistake from losing...Good gravy. If you don't know the difference between Ben Wallace and Chris Webber, or Larry Brown and Flip Saunders, then this whole thread is a waste of time.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
They've been to the finals more times then you guys have in the last four years, correct me if I'm wrong. 2 of your titles came with D.R., correct?

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Size doesn't mean anything if you don't have defense and quickness to go with it....

...apparently that doesn't translate well to the offensive end. We'll see how good that defense is against the best low post threat in the game, two top perimeter threats to drive, and one of the best groups of outside shooters in the league. Oh yeah, they're pretty good in transition too.

DfendtheStar
The Cavs are an up and coming team...and they will probably take one or two games from the Spurs. But in the end dude, it maybe hard to swallow and put a damper on a promising season, but the Spurs are just the better team. And Im not saying that as a Spurs fan its just black and white.

Kiss ma Grits
Good gravy. If you don't know the difference between Ben Wallace and Chris Webber, or Larry Brown and Flip Saunders, then this whole thread is a waste of time.

O.K., we almost knocked them off WITH Wallace and Webber actually gives them more offense then Wallace did

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
They've been to the finals more times then you guys have in the last four years, correct me if I'm wrong. 2 of your titles came with D.R., correct?

Wrong.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Our offense is defense...

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2007, 11:33 PM

They have not been in the Finals more then us in the last four years no.

Marcus Bryant
Lest we forget about the Spurs' team defense, which is a tad bit better than the Cavs'...

DfendtheStar
Incorrect we actually have been there 3 to to thier 2

Kiss ma Grits
The Spurs are good, but they are as "GREAT" as people are making them out to be, Lebron is here to serve some humble pie...

Marcus Bryant
Our offense is defense...

Which is why the Cavs will lose this series.

Mr. Body
How IS Cleveland's transition defense, anyway?

ShoogarBear
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
They've been to the finals more times then you guys have in the last four years, correct me if I'm wrong. 2 of your titles came with D.R., correct?Not counting this year, the Spurs have been to the finals 2 our of the last four years. Pistons have also been there twice, never since Brown left.

Nobody's been there more.

Comparing this year's Pistons to the 2004-2005 Pistons is utter nonsense.

Marcus Bryant
The Spurs are good, but they are as "GREAT" as people are making them out to be, Lebron is here to serve some humble pie...

Top 4 in offense and defense. If only they were 24th...

Kiss ma Grits
Incorrect we actually have been there 3 to to thier 2

But how many times WITHOUT the admiral?

Marcus Bryant
How IS Cleveland's transition defense, anyway?

We have a winner.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Top 4 in offense and defense. If only they were 24th...

I no longer pay attention to stats because they can be decieving for instances. We had a GREAT record against the Western conference, but then again they don't play defense as a whole conference. YOu guys are full of offensive teams...

ShoogarBear
How IS Cleveland's transition defense, anyway?It's excellent, as long as you transition slowly.

DfendtheStar
But how many times WITHOUT the admiral?
This will be Twice without David.....your point is_____________

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
We have a winner.

How many titles have you guys won WITHOUT the admiral?

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I no longer pay attention to stats because they can be decieving for instances. We had a GREAT record against the Western conference, but then again they don't play defense as a whole conference. YOu guys are full of offensive teams...

Right, which makes the Spurs' defensive play all the more impressive.

If stats don't matter, then stop trumpeting the Cavs as a great defensive unit.

Kiss ma Grits
So you only won ONE title without David? You're not as almight as you claim to be

DfendtheStar
ok lets try this again

_______________________________________(insert point here)

Marcus Bryant

One more than the Cavs. Soon to be two.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Right, which makes the Spurs' defensive play all the more impressive.

If stats don't matter, then stop trumpeting the Cavs as a great defensive unit.

But we are what we are, we're gonna beat the Spurs up just watch what I tell you

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 11:39 PM
O.K., we almost knocked them off WITH Wallace and Webber actually gives them more offense then Wallace did
Wallace was the defensive anchor and that is what they needed this year...along with a better coach. You may have still won with Wallace there but, I am pretty sure LeBron would not have had a constant freeway to the rim if Wallace was in the paint, it would have been much harder for Bron.

Marcus Bryant
But we are what we are, we're gonna beat the Spurs up just watch what I tell you

A poor executing offensive team with a good halfcourt defense. Maybe they win two games.

DfendtheStar
well i cant WATCH what you tell me but YOU can WATCH the SPURS send the CAVS fishing.

Kiss ma Grits
someone's counting their chickens before they hatch. Ask the Piston fans how they feel about that??? Or Dallas for that matter?

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
someone's counting their chickens before they hatch. Ask the Piston fans how they feel about that??? Or Dallas for that matter?

Or the Suns...

Kiss ma Grits
We'll see, don't disappear on me my friend cause I'm gonna come looking for you. You will respect my team before this is all said and done...

Mr. Body
The '05 Detroit Pistons, I'd expect, were far tougher on defense than the '07 Cleveland Cavaliers.

I wonder how they stack up on offense. LeBron is a multiple threat (playmaker, shotmaker), but Rip was pretty tough. I feared Kobe Bryant, with his supporting cast, much more.

And I'd say the '07 Spurs is better offensively than the '05 Spurs. Ginobili isn't quite at the same level, but Parker is better, and Finley is in the lineup instead of Barry.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM
You all have something in common....You forget that these so called experts can measure talent, but they can't measure heart which is why they miss on many predictions...

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
KMG, i can understand why you feel this way. Your team is coming off an emotional win over your arch nemesis and you have finally got over that hill. Only to find Mt Everest on the other side of that hill during the most severe blizzard Mother Nature has conjured up in the 75 million year history of the earth

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
The '05 Detroit Pistons, I'd expect, were far tougher on defense than the '07 Cleveland Cavaliers.

I wonder how they stack up on offense. LeBron is a multiple threat (playmaker, shotmaker), but Rip was pretty tough. I feared Kobe Bryant, with his supporting cast, much more.

And I'd say the '07 Spurs is better offensively than the '05 Spurs. Ginobili isn't quite at the same level, but Parker is better, and Finley is in the lineup instead of Barry.

Spurs were 10th best in FG% in 2004-05. In 2006-07 they were 2nd...

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:45 PM
We actually knew that "Cleveland could compete with them even though others said otherwise. It was emotional and all that, but unless you've grown up in a city with Lebron and have had the pleasure of following him in highschool and the pro's then you'd understand. He ACTUALLY has this team believing that they DESERVE to be here.

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:45 PM
You all have something in common....You forget that these so called experts can measure talent, but they can't measure heart which is why they miss on many predictions...

How touching.

Mr. Body
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Damn, I forgot the Spurs lacked all heart and drive.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Lebron is MJ with Magic Johnson floor vision. He's taken a 17 win franchise to the finals in FOUR YEARS BY HIMSELF. The guy has the spirit of a champion...

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Duncan took a 20 win team to the Finals in two seasons.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Wait, wait, wait I didn't say that the Spurs didn't have heart and all that, but for you guys to think that Lebron or this team is gonna lay down and HAND you the trophy is arrogant and it's a set up for excuses and disappointment..

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
LeBron picks up stray dogs outside Michael Vick's house and adopts them.

Kiss ma Grits
Duncan took a 20 win team to the Finals in two seasons.

That wasn't a 20 win team because of lack of talent, D.R. was hurt that's all. Lebron is in a totally different situation...

cherylsteele
We'll see, don't disappear on me my friend cause I'm gonna come looking for you. You will respect my team before this is all said and done...
It's not that we don't respect the Cavs' as a team....it is some of their fans who are just plain annoying because they don't respect the Spurs' team even though they have accomplished a heck of alot more than the Cavs to this point.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
You guys robbed the Suns so....

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Wait, wait, wait I didn't say that the Spurs didn't have heart and all that, but for you guys to think that Lebron or this team is gonna lay down and HAND you the trophy is arrogant and it's a set up for excuses and disappointment..
oh no it will be a tough series. but there is no doubt about its end result. Spurs win thier 4th Championship

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
No, but you implied in this staement:

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
See fuck face you just lost all respect from me

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:52 PM

And that with the Wizards, preseason?

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Are you guys gonna check Gibson like you did Nash when the series gets ready to take a serious turn? Yeah that's a move of a champion alright.....

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:53 PM
The Jazz and Nuggets? hahahaha, that's funny.

Marcus Bryant
Are you guys gonna check Gibson like you did Nash when the series gets ready to take a serious turn? Yeah that's a move of a champion alright.....

Gibson won't get an open look in the series. No need to check him.

Kiss ma Grits
The Suns are paper champs....

Marcus Bryant

Not as much as the Wizards and Nets.

DfendtheStar
well you'll never find out

Marcus Bryant
The Suns are paper champs....

...as the Cavs are paper contenders.

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:54 PM
You guys hard checked the leader of a paper champ and STERN should step down for allowing that debacle to happen....No wonder the league has low ratings...

O-Factor
06-05-2007, 11:54 PM
There is nothing they can do idiot

DfendtheStar
06-05-2007, 11:55 PM
You wont be on here after the Spurs go up 3-0 thats the sad part about it i would have loved shoving it in your face

Kiss ma Grits
We're Eastern Conference Champs...The Suns, Jazz, or chicken Nuggets don't know what it's like to play in JUNE...

Marcus Bryant
You guys hard checked the leader of a paper champ and STERN should step down for allowing that debacle to happen....No wonder the league has low ratings...

The league's ratings blow because one conference sucks hard. If the East actually could field a decent team maybe more people would care.

GreasyJoe

Your a stupid idiot maybe if u watch a spurs game you would know duncan can pass it to anyone on the court double teamed and give it to bowen in the corner. done there goes your series

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Horry checked Nash because he couldn't handle losing!!! What a loser!

DfendtheStar
Whoa isnt this your first trip here...you dont know either

Marcus Bryant
We're Eastern Conference Champs...The Suns, Jazz, or chicken Nuggets don't know what it's like to play in JUNE...

They would if they were in the East.

cherylsteele
2 titles with the current core group of players.
You keep thinking the Cavs are better than them.
You are in for a big letdown.
How do you want your crow for your post-series meal?

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:57 PM
The Spurs are boring and the Pistons are boring. No one turns on ESPN to watch a Spur highlight. casual people don't care about Duncan or anyone else on the Spurs. Truth...

DfendtheStar
I dont think the Cavs can beat the Jazz i really dont

Kiss ma Grits
1 title with your current group...

Marcus Bryant
06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
The Spurs are boring and the Pistons are boring. No one turns on ESPN to watch a Spur highlight. casual people don't care about Duncan or anyone else on the Spurs. Truth...

2 of the last 3 NBA Champs. The ring is the thing.

DfendtheStar
if thats all thats important to you is fanbase than your a sorry ass fan

Marcus Bryant

One more than the Cavs...

FuzzyLumpkins

By that logic since it was Wallace that started the melee that ended up having a fan throw a cup at Artest and have him go into the stands that all of the Pacers should have been pardoned because a Piston started it.

They broke a rule that has been in the books for ten years and just because they were too stupid to follow it doesnt put the blame anywhere other than them. This has been gone over and over again and its fucking stupid at this point.

cherylsteele
06-05-2007, 11:59 PM
2 titles '03 and '05.
You got a short memory?

Kiss ma Grits
06-05-2007, 11:59 PM
We knocked down one giant and we'll knock down another...

You're not the 90 bulls, Lakers or 80 Lakers/Celtics.

You won one title WITHOUT THE ADMIRAL...

DfendtheStar
06-06-2007, 12:00 AM

and youve won ZERO in your history

Marcus Bryant

...and the Cavs beat a Pistons team without Wallace and Brown. Oooh, scary.

Kiss ma Grits
Horry robbed the Suns, that poor pitiful loser! He sure couldn't lose like a champion...

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Horry robbed the Suns, that poor pitiful loser! He sure couldn't lose like a champion...

Yeah, he didn't.

klx23
They would if they were in the East.

I guess we'll never know, will we?

So much love for the Nuggets and the Jazz from Spurs fans, but no love for the Suns?

DfendtheStar
We dont know how to lose period

cherylsteele
I'd rather be bored winning than excited losing.

I am getting tired of saying that...but it is true.

That is the problem with many fans these days...style over substance even though style comes up short quite bit.

Kiss ma Grits
Lebron got us there with role players. This is his first trip but it's not his last. Duncan is aging by the year....

timvp

This is new. A ringless franchise's fan using trophy smack against the Spurs? :lol

Classic.

Kiss ma Grits
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Lebron is winning....

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I guess we'll never know, will we?

So much love for the Nuggets and the Jazz from Spurs fans, but no love for the Suns?

Uh, I was replying to a statement about the Suns, Nuggets, and Jazz. No love for the scroll bar?

Kiss ma Grits
06-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I actually feel that you guys robbed the Pistons too just like Rasheed and the gang said... I watched the game. Shame on Stern!

Marcus Bryant
Lebron got us there with role players. This is his first trip but it's not his last. Duncan is aging by the year....

Yeah, he'll be 42 next year.

Marcus Bryant
I actually feel that you guys robbed the Pistons too just like Rasheed and the gang said... I watched the game. Shame on Stern!

I actually feel that it's past your bedtime.

klx23
We dont know how to lose period

Arrogance at its finest.

DfendtheStar
well you will be joining the loser bandwagon too. just wait about two weeks

cherylsteele
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
With THE CURRENT CORE GROUP Parker, Timmy, Manu.....2 titles '03 and '05

Kiss ma Grits
"By Spe-rm fans, don't let your pride get hurt too bad...

DfendtheStar
Arrogance at its finest.
you mistake arrogance with confidence

FuzzyLumpkins
06-06-2007, 12:05 AM

Actually Gibson had more to do with it against the Pistons because Saunders decided to give him 10 open looks a game. Pop isn't Flip.

Is your inferiority complex so bad that you have to come to a Spurs board and try starting bullshit?

Whatever makes you feel better, man. Whatever lets you sleep at night.

DfendtheStar
thats ok you can kiss your own grits or whatever you have below your tailbone

Kiss ma Grits
All of Europe won't help you guys Thursday....Not even South America can help now...

DfendtheStar
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
All of Europe won't help you guys Thursday....Not even South America can help now...
you never have a point do you...are you married??

cherylsteele
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
We robbed the Pistons in '05.....grabbing at these are you?:
http://www.freezy.com.au/images/Big%20Straws.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
You know i really cannot wait til after game 1 and see how the Cavs fans like this douchewater react. If he has the balls to come back the meltdown will be much much more interesting.

cherylsteele
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
The Cadavers are gonna lose in 5

DfendtheStar
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
You know i really cannot wait til after game 1 and see how the Cavs fans like this douchewater react. If he has the balls to come back the meltdown will be much much more interesting.
he wont be back....fans like him never are

klx23
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Uh, I was replying to a statement about the Suns, Nuggets, and Jazz. No love for the scroll bar?

Well, considering this thread has become annoying because of your arguments with KMG, I didn't bother reading. My bad for taking your statement somewhat out of context.

Trainwreck2100

ok so winning the title 33% of the time is a bad thing?

Marcus Bryant
Well, considering this thread has become annoying because of your arguments with KMG, I didn't bother reading. My bad for taking your statement somewhat out of context.

Yeah, your fellow troll is annoying.

AnotherArgie
06-06-2007, 12:10 AM

Do you know the concept of "infinite"?

Well, the answer is: infinite more times than the Cavs.

MrChug
06-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Here's some things that I think Cleveland can do to slow the Spurs down. The Spurs are a great team, but there are a few things we can do to give them trouble.

Trapped Parker and make him give up the ball early. Also attack him on pick and rolls with our big guards on the high pick and rolls. We rotate very well. Foul him hard when he comes to the middle and force him to become a jump shooter. We have big guards with speed which could give him problems.

Force Bowen to make plays. When he's out on the floor on offense run him off pick and rolls and on defense use his man to double and trap Duncan every chance we get. Bowen has a nice 3 point shot when it's on, but offensively he doesn't scare anybody.

Also, we use some full court presses. Take as much time off of the clock as possible.

Awww...how cute.

Plenty of holes in your argument, but if I explained why they WON'T work your head would explode. I'll try to explain as simply as I can:

#1.) To "force him (Parker) to become a jump shooter" would mean-if you could do it which you can't- that Parker can't make jumpers. To say that would imply your ignorance and one might conclude that you haven't seen him play this year (thank you Chip Englund). THAT infers that you don't know what you're talking about.

#2.) "Force Bowen to make plays..." NOW WERE TALKIN!!!! Cuz Bowen NOT our best ball handler, NOT our best scorer, NOT our best creator! Nice solution! Oh, wait...but in order to do that would imply that you could shut down the other 4 highly capable players on the floor To do that, you'd need 8 players. I'm no NBA referee...but I think that's some sort of violation or sumthin...so that may infer that you don't know what you're talking about.

#3.) "Defend Ginobili with Lebron". You only get 6 fouls in a game my friend. They need him on the floor. You'll see Lebron on Bowen/Finley/Barry and that's it except on a switch which we'll do plenty of...so that may infer that you don't know what you're talking about.

#4.) If the Cavs are going to defend TD with Ilgauskas, then you might as well just forfeit these games...the very offensively-polished lerch is no defensive stopper. Bring Bowen's defender you say??? (sub #1) Tim Duncan has been called "the most patient post player in the game" meaning that he takes his time to figure out whether he can rape his defender or pass out to one of his co-champions. or (sub #2) Is this NOT the player who has shot 39% from 3 and consistently buries playoff teams with his timely shooting? Am I missing something? It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Guess so...you're a Cavs fan and you know what you're talking about. Congrats. :clap

klx23
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
he wont be back....fans like him never are

Fans like him are not representative of the Cavs fanbase.

You all can argue with him all you want, but the more you talk, the more smack he'll talk.

KMG, as a fellow Cavs fan, I ask that you tone it down. Making these Spurs fans feel irate may feel good to you, but it just causes trouble.

AnotherArgie
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Jordan had Pippen, and Rodman grabbing an insane amount of rebounds. So LeBron has to be better that Jordan+Pippen+Rodman in order to have any hope.

DfendtheStar
06-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Jordan had Pippen, and Rodman grabbing an insane amount of rebounds. So LeBron has to be better that Jordan+Pippen+Rodman in order to have any hope.
see by the time Jordan had Rodman the Cavs were old and decrepit and were winning like 15 games a season. Im talking about late 80's early 90's. And Pippen was nowhere near the player he would eventually become when Jordan was ass-ramming the Cavs

AnotherArgie
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
see by the time Jordan had Rodman the Cavs were old and decrepit and were winning like 15 games a season. Im talking about late 80's early 90's. And Pippen was nowhere near the player he would eventually become when Jordan was ass-ramming the Cavs

You're absolutely right.

But fortunately, the Spurs are not those Cavs either :toast

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I hate to admit this, but Kiss ma Grits has actually convinced me that the Spurs have zero chance in this series. They have no David Robinson; they have a player who hip checked Steve Nash; they have only won 1 title with this current group (never minding that 4 of the Spurs starters have won 2 rings together); they are boring; they didn't play anyone good during these playoffs; I mean the list goes on and on.

Seeing these cold, hard facts laid out in such a logical and prinicipled fashion has brought me to the light. It's over for us. Over, I say.

Extra Stout
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM

Cleveland has to change their looks over the course of a game.

For example, if Parker is consistently given the jump shot, he gets into a rhythm and knoks them down with impunity. I'm not sure which big, speedy Cleveland guard is being referred to. Snow is ancient and slow. Hughes is banged up. Gibson is little. Pavlovic isn't too fleet of foot.

If Duncan gets trapped all the time, he anticipates it and makes the pass. If Bowen's man consistently leaves him, Bowen sets up camp in the corners and knocks down 3's all day.

If LeBron stays on Ginobili, he risks foul trouble since Manu knows how to draw fouls.

Z won't be able to guard Duncan effectively. Scrappy, athletic players do a better job than big, lead-footed ones. Varejao should get the bulk of the minutes on Duncan.

td4mvp3
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Awww...how cute.

Plenty of holes in your argument, but if I explained why they WON'T work your head would explode. I'll try to explain as simply as I can:

#1.) To "force him (Parker) to become a jump shooter" would mean-if you could do it which you can't- that Parker can't make jumpers. To say that would imply your ignorance and one might conclude that you haven't seen him play this year (thank you Chip Englund). THAT infers that you don't know what you're talking about.

#2.) "Force Bowen to make plays..." NOW WERE TALKIN!!!! Cuz Bowen NOT our best ball handler, NOT our best scorer, NOT our best creator! Nice solution! Oh, wait...but in order to do that would imply that you could shut down the other 4 highly capable players on the floor To do that, you'd need 8 players. I'm no NBA referee...but I think that's some sort of violation or sumthin...so that may infer that you don't know what you're talking about.

#3.) "Defend Ginobili with Lebron". You only get 6 fouls in a game my friend. They need him on the floor. You'll see Lebron on Bowen/Finley/Barry and that's it except on a switch which we'll do plenty of...so that may infer that you don't know what you're talking about.

#4.) If the Cavs are going to defend TD with Ilgauskas, then you might as well just forfeit these games...the very offensively-polished lerch is no defensive stopper. Bring Bowen's defender you say??? (sub #1) Tim Duncan has been called "the most patient post player in the game" meaning that he takes his time to figure out whether he can rape his defender or pass out to one of his co-champions. or (sub #2) Is this NOT the player who has shot 39% from 3 and consistently buries playoff teams with his timely shooting? Am I missing something? It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Guess so...you're a Cavs fan and you know what you're talking about. Congrats. :clap
kinda harsh for a guy who was just giving some insights and reasons. no sense being rude in responding to a post.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 11:18 AM

Until he lights it up with 15 or 18. Bowen has had some huge nights, but the best thing about Bruce and his 3 point shooting is "when" he usually hits a big one. I've seen him hit them to put us ahead for good, and seen him hit a couple in a row to stop a scoring bleed. Timing is everything and Bruce has certainly hit some "timely" 3 pointers in his career with the Spurs.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM

So what does Duncan have to do with James going to the Finals?

There are others in the East that may have something to say about whether this is his last trip or not.

Duncan has no control over who comes out of the East.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I dont think the Cavs can beat the Jazz i really dont

Hell, I have said all along if the Suns, the Nuggets or the Jazz had made it past the Spurs, any one of them would be a Vegas favorite over the Cavs.

Just because the Cavs won the East, doesn't make them the 2nd best ball club in the league.

They fall somewhere below the Spurs, the Mavs, the Suns, the Nuggets and the Jazz.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
whoever guards Lebron will have a tough series. Its not that he does anything special, its just that it takes so much work on the defensive side to keep him quiet that it takes away from your offensive abilities. Look at Tayshawn Prince last series, at one point he was like 5-the world in 4 games. Its not becuase he suddenly lost his shot, its becuase of the work that goes into defending Lebron. With that said, its not like the Spurs rely on Bowen to lead the team in scoring to win, so the advantage to that factor goes to the Spurs

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Hell, I have said all along if the Suns, the Nuggets or the Jazz had made it past the Spurs, any one of them would be a Vegas favorite over the Cavs.

Just because the Cavs won the East, doesn't make them the 2nd best ball club in the league.

They fall somewhere below the Spurs, the Mavs, the Suns, the Nuggets and the Jazz.

The Jazz are like 1-5 against the Cavs over the last 3 years. I might be wrong, but its not like the Jazz are this powerhouse worthy of the praise you give them, not saying Cleveland is either.

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM
whoever guards Lebron will have a tough series. Its not that he does anything special, its just that it takes so much work on the defensive side to keep him quiet that it takes away from your offensive abilities. Look at Tayshawn Prince last series, at one point he was like 5-the world in 4 games. Its not becuase he suddenly lost his shot, its becuase of the work that goes into defending Lebron. With that said, its not like the Spurs rely on Bowen to lead the team in scoring to win, so the advantage to that factor goes to the Spurs

It's good you're thinking out loud. I like following you walk through the thought process: the guy guarding LeBron can get run ragged... hurting his offense... but then it's Bowen... who doesn't do much on offense... so it doesn't really matter...

Yes, you're right, it doesn't really matter. Also to be mentioned: Bowen's freakish conditioning.

ginobili fan
06-06-2007, 12:08 PM

:lmao:lmao
Actually it's what all nba teams are doing against us.
And it works!!!
But honestly I think if fin,bowen,manu make 3's and tony his J's, The spurs gonna win 4-0 easily

MrChug
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
kinda harsh for a guy who was just giving some insights and reasons. no sense being rude in responding to a post.

I didn't say "stupid", I said IGNORANT. Look it up. www.m-w.com there's a difference.

Besides...he gave insights and reasons, I gave mine. Why does he have more of a right to express shim-self then I do? And why do you critisize me for expressing mine? Aren't I rude? Do you think that's right?

...rather "rude" don't you think? :nope

:lol

boobie4three
06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
The one word that truly strikes fear into the heart of all Spurs fans?

HACK-A-TIM ............OK OK, it's several words strung together, but you get the point.

Extra Stout
06-06-2007, 12:26 PM
The one word that truly strikes fear into the heart of all Spurs fans?

HACK-A-TIM ............OK OK, it's several words strung together, but you get the point.
Tim shoots 55% from the field and 64% from the foul line. Hack-a-Tim works only when he's having one of those 3-12 nights from the line.

Thunder Dan
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
some games you could have a hack a __________ (insert a Cav other than Z)

td4mvp3
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I didn't say "stupid", I said IGNORANT. Look it up. www.m-w.com there's a difference.

Besides...he gave insights and reasons, I gave mine. Why does he have more of a right to express shim-self then I do? And why do you critisize me for expressing mine? Aren't I rude? Do you think that's right?

...rather "rude" don't you think? :nope

:lol
no, it's insightful, like actually reading what i wrote and noting that i never said "stupid" or "ignorant." your tone was being rude, though having now read the entire post i can understand why. but the tone is rude, not the fact that you refute his statements and not the fact that i take issue with the tone itself. having a difference of opinion does not equate to rudeness.

cherylsteele
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
some games you could have a hack a __________ (insert a Cav other than Z)
I was about to say this too.
The Cavs as a team are poorer FT shooters than the Spurs on the season. Now that is not to say someone can get hot or go cold from the line.
"Z" and Gibson seem to be solid FT shooters for the Cavs.

It used to be putting the Spurs at line would be a decent strategy but this year we have been much better and kinda negates that thought, although Duncan in particular can go into slumps.