PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland --you have a problem--A BIG PROBLEM

Man of Steel
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Anyone watching WOAI or KSAT TV here in San Antonio tonight on their 10 pm newscast saw a very determined--some might say pissed off--Tim Duncan while addressing the Lebron questions for the one millionth time.

WOAI said they have more feeds on their website, longer interviews, etc. I am going to check it out in the morning.

All I can say--Cav fans--in all of the years that I have watched Tim Duncan here in SA--I have never seen him more resolute--more determined--and quite actually more pissed off by the sheer hype following Lebron James.

Before, I had said Spurs in 5.

Make that 4.

:smokin

dbreiden83080
06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Anyone watching WOAI or KSAT TV here in San Antonio tonight on their 10 pm newscast saw a very determined--some might say pissed off--Tim Duncan while addressing the Lebron questions for the one millionth time.

WOAI said they have more feeds on their website, longer interviews, etc. I am going to check it out in the morning.

All I can say--Cav fans--in all of the years that I have watched Tim Duncan here in SA--I have never seen him more resolute--more determined--and quite actually more pissed off by the sheer hype following Lebron James.

Make that 4.

Well if he is pissed that the Spurs are getting no love and it is just Bron Bron mania that i am sure he will play like a beast in game 1. This will not be a sweep though i say 5 games and maybe even 6.

weebo
06-05-2007, 11:54 PM
About gotdam time he got pissed!

klx23
06-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Well he better get used to the hype. I know he's not used to it, but it's not gonna go away. I'm sure he'll use it as a motivation, as he should because if I were him, I'd be annoyed out of my mind.

The media is getting out of control. It's the NBA's fault for giving them so much time to hype up the series. I wish ESPN would just shut up about the Finals until the series actually starts.

LuvBones
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Is there a video of this interview on the net?

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
The media IS getting wildly out of control, but at least it's getting America interested in the Finals.

A pissed-off and motivated Duncan is worth Ilgauskas+Varejao+Gooden combined. That's probably discounting him.

The Lawn Ranger
06-06-2007, 12:14 AM
they have it at the spurs website - tim cracks a joke about autographing the dunk poster, good stuff.

featured video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/playoffs_2007.html

or

http://nba.edgeboss.net/wmedia/nba/teams/spurs/070605.asx

AnotherArgie
06-06-2007, 12:15 AM
:toast

BeerIsGood!
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm liking this layoff and all the BS spewing from reporters and ESPN. It does nothing but blow up Lebron's head and make the Spurs resolve razor sharp. As long as they keep the emotion in check and go cold blooded assassin on the Cavs, this will be a nice raping of the NBA's Queen.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Pissed off?

Not in the interview I saw.

klx23
06-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm liking this layoff and all the BS spewing from reporters and ESPN. It does nothing but blow up Lebron's head and make the Spurs resolve razor sharp. As long as they keep the emotion in check and go cold blooded assassin on the Cavs, this will be a nice raping of the NBA's Queen.

LeBron's probably sick of it himself. You think he likes it when reporters bombard him with the same questions over and over again? I liked seeing all the analysts and reports praise him for game 5, but after awhile, I just couldn't take it anymore. It was SO FAKE. Just a bunch of flip floppers.

It's unfortunate that ESPN has to surround him with even more hype. Contrary to what you think, I don't think it makes his head bigger. It raises expectations for him, which can turn out to be a good thing for the Spurs. All the hype's just pressure in disguise.

spursfan09
06-06-2007, 12:36 AM
^^I'm thinking Lebron like its very much!

Anyways are you guys sure the NBA is still going on? It seems like forever since the Spurs played. And they are supposed to be ready to go Thursday?

BeerIsGood!
06-06-2007, 12:41 AM
LeBron's probably sick of it himself. You think he likes it when reporters bombard him with the same questions over and over again? I liked seeing all the analysts and reports praise him for game 5, but after awhile, I just couldn't take it anymore. It was SO FAKE. Just a bunch of flip floppers.

It's unfortunate that ESPN has to surround him with even more hype. Contrary to what you think, I don't think it makes his head bigger. It raises expectations for him, which can turn out to be a good thing for the Spurs. All the hype's just pressure in disguise.

I'm sure Lebron doesn't mind the Nike money and other endorsements that ESPN has given to him due to the stupid level of hype. Without the hype, he's no pitchman. He barely qualifies as one now, but for an athlete it's not too bad.

Although, those "lymon" Sprite commercials are so horrible he should be beaten with a cane and made to give all endorsement money given him from Sprite to a charity.

MrChug
06-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Make that 4.

Nice. I like that. :toast

klx23
06-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm sure Lebron doesn't mind the Nike money and other endorsements that ESPN has given to him due to the stupid level of hype. Without the hype, he's no pitchman. He barely qualifies as one now, but for an athlete it's not too bad.

Although, those "lymon" Sprite commercials are so horrible he should be beaten with a cane and made to give all endorsement money given him from Sprite to a charity.

Those Sprite ads are pretty bad :lol

But don't beat him with a cane. Beat the fools whose idea it was to have LeBron James shoot random squirts of slimy stuff onto tongues.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2007, 12:47 AM
timduncan also drinks hatorade :D:D:D fuck lebronze

whottt
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Those Sprite ads are pretty bad :lol

But don't beat him with a cane. Beat the fools whose idea it was to have LeBron James shoot random squirts of slimy stuff onto tongues.

Hmmm...

He looks like he's having fun in those commercials.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2007, 02:51 AM
When I heard about the fact that Lebron has had the picture of himself dunking over Timmy all season and uses it for motivation, I knew how Timmy felt about it. The Cavs need to prepare for surgery on Thursday.

Budkin
06-06-2007, 03:34 AM
When I heard about the fact that Lebron has had the picture of himself dunking over Timmy all season and uses it for motivation, I knew how Timmy felt about it. The Cavs need to prepare for surgery on Thursday.

Agreed... plus you know the Cavs will be nervous in Game 1. I'm expecting a blowout once we get the rust off.

boutons_
06-06-2007, 03:41 AM
"prepare for surgery "

... without anesthesia.

Tony needs to start Game1 the way he started Jazz Game5, ripping Cleveland's pretentious asses asunder before they knew what hits them, "break their will to compete" as Jerry phrased it.

WalterBenitez
06-06-2007, 07:06 AM
I would say Spurs in 3 :lmao

degenerate_gambler
06-06-2007, 08:57 AM
this one's pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKtUYMPYFk

The King is Here.
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Were shaking here in cleveland, just shaking. Tim Duncan got mad. Oh no

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM