PDA

View Full Version : For those of us that don’t live in San Antonio, what is the mood and feeling around S

carib
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
For those of us that don’t live in San Antonio, what is the mood and feeling around San Antonio in the streets at work and in the stores?

carib
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I would like to hear what Spurs Talk fans are doing and how they are having a blast in San Antonio.

timvp
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
For those of us that don’t live in San Antonio, what is the mood and feeling around San Antonio in the streets at work and in the stores?

http://www.peoplesrepublicofdis.co.uk/albums/album16/tumbleweed.sized.jpeg

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Its a little calmer than I remember it in the past. I think Spurs fans are getting spoiled.

About 2/3 of the people I talk to think the Spurs are gonna kick ass and take names and the other 1/3 think it will be a tough series.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I think everyone is just getting bored at this point. It seems like forever since the Spurs eliminated the Jazz and I know I can hardly wait for Thursday night to get here.

I think some believe it will be a tough series, while others think it could be a cakewalk. Of course it doesn't hurt when every analyst in the world are picking the Spurs, mostly in 5 or 6 games. So I think that has everyone feeling pretty good about our chances.

I think we all just hope that the layoff hasn't made them a bit rusty and that they will come out with the same intensity they started Game 5 of WCF with.

Everyone here, I believe is pretty much put off by all the trolls that have been coming in telling us because the have "The King", the trophy is theirs by default. Also tired of this so called vaunted defense that Cavs play. One would think if the defense was all that, they would have been able to beat the Wizards, sans Arenas and Butler by more than 6 or 7 points a game.

But for now there isn't much else to do but sit here and put down all the trolls, that have managed to find their way to SpursTalk.

But for the most part, I think every Spurs fan here is feeling pretty damn confident we are going to be able to attend another parade this year.

MadDog73
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
It's all anyone is talking about at the office.

The excitement is building...

I'd say "cautious optimism" best describes my mood.

boobie4three
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/alamo.jpg

So THAT'S the Alamo..........hmmm...........A little paint wouldn't hurt.

SAGambler
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM

LOL...Another product of the Cleveland Education System. Surely even Cleveland had text books with a picture of the Alamo in them.

spursfan09
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM

:lol Do ya'll go to school in Ohio?

Leetonidas
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't care how anyone else feels because I know I'm PUMPED

MoSpur
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Its pretty good. There are vendors on street corners all over town selling t-shirts and stuff. Our office building is pretty big and there are silver and black decorations everywhere. I think the week-long wait has people getting kind of bored, but I am very anxious.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
For those of us that don’t live in San Antonio, what is the mood and feeling around San Antonio in the streets at work and in the stores?Completely depressed.

Impending doom.

Like lambs being lead to the slaughter.

The Spurs have no chance.

boobie4three
06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
:lol Do ya'll go to school in Ohio?

Yes, but we didn't learn about third world countries.

tlongII
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Hot, Flat, and Dusty.

Frank Brickowski
06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Judging by the million people in Academy at lunch a few hours ago buying Spurs gear I'd say the city is getting pumped up. It's been a long eight days and I believe that has dampened the spirit a little bit. Plus it's our fourth time.

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Everyone feels the way the Germans did after they invaded Poland.

T Park
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM
lol

if they expect the spurs to roll the cavs, then blame them for copying the national media.

every pundit i hear says "Spurs in 5"

NoMoneyDown
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Hot, Flat, and Dusty.

Evidentally you didn't hear about all the rain we had the last several weeks.

ClingingMars
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Everyone feels the way the Germans did after they invaded Poland.

Do you have anything better to do than whine here?

-Mars

twentyone
06-06-2007, 03:06 PM

haha Comedy Gold. Don't everyone jump this guys jock for saying this, it's obviously a little rivalry jab. I've seen much worse out of Cavfan this week.

Momma_monkey
06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Pumped up. Not enough Spurs t shirt stands though.

degenerate_gambler
06-06-2007, 03:12 PM

no they arent around so much these days.

but one did pop up at nakoma/281 over the weekend.

monkey_boy
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Hot, Flat, and Dusty.

You obviously have San Antonio confused with Dallas ya moron. The only part you got right was "hot".

Get a fucking geography book twit and try some of this

:reading

nkdlunch
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
calm before the storm?

nkdlunch
06-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Hot, Flat, and Dusty.

we don't want to hear about your sister again :p:

Mr. Body
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I thought you weren't allowed to talk about Dusty on these boards?

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
You obviously have San Antonio confused with Dallas ya moron. The only part you got right was "hot".

Get a fucking geography book twit and try some of this

:reading
Oh, I'm sorry, are you impressed by those little mounds you call "hills?" :lol

Here's an example of actual terrain:
http://p.vtourist.com/1587273-Peaks_and_Mountains_in_Phoenix-Phoenix.jpg

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
No but I am impressed by those three big ass gold trophies sitting in the AT&T Center.

steppy
I know Tim said that this was the toughest road to the Finals but has it seemed a little easy to anyone else? Or are the Spurs just that good? I mean they had some close games but it always felt like they were going to pull it out.

nkdlunch
Oh, I'm sorry, are you impressed by those little mounds you call "hills?" :lol

Amare is becoming such a bitch, he'll have titties next season

Saguaro
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
No but I am impressed by those three big ass gold trophies sitting in the AT&T Center.
Well enjoy them because the Spurs will never win another. Karma, bitch.

samikeyp
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Says the guy who's team whined and cried their way through the playoffs. Karma already hit you, bitch.

twincam
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
In 1999 (1st Championship), everyone and their mama was sportin' the Spurs attire. Flags were flown on their cars, etc. However, I will admit that nowadays, it's gotten a bit old for all the anticipation of winning.
I'm not like that. I'll post pictures of what I'm about to do with my car. It will be a ONE OF A KIND decoration. It'll have the Spurs emblems, etc...but it's not store-bought. It's homemade and I get way too many compliments on it.

nkdlunch
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Karma hit your team 3 games later :lol

dnsa
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Remember when there was a stand in NEARLY EVERY CORNER!

Momma_monkey
06-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I saw two cops buying shirts from their patrol cars yesterday. Go Spurs Go!!!

Talk about spirit